Casey & Family Psychological Profile #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Verité;3750366 said:
From where? Cost to defense? How do you know this to be true?

That is a true statement. Money talks, and there are many people in many different professions that will testify to whatever the side thats paying them wants. It's unfortunate that happens but it does.

That is a true statement. Money talks, and there are many people in many different professions that will testify to whatever the side thats paying them wants. It's unfortunate that happens but it does.

:mad: :mad: :mad: They lack ethics and they are in every walk of life: YAP Money makes the world go round for those people....
YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT.

. . . .Money talks, and there are many people in many different professions that will testify to whatever the side thats paying them wants. It's unfortunate that happens but it does.
(Bolded mine).

Indeed! They are known by the same derogatory name as ladies of the evening. One of the first questions posed to them when they step onto the witness stand is,
how much were you paid [by defense or prosecution]?

The State's experts, who tend to be salaried (relatively moderate salaries) may be viewed as more credible for that very reason.

If you recall the Menendez Brothers' case, there were a plethora of reputable, defense experts who argued the theory of self-defense (and previous parental abuse)
but a resulting hung jury, then later conviction. But generally, the area of forensic psychiatry & psychology for high profile cases is reasonably small.
Reputable professionals--such as those who consult for the FBI, for example--are known & respected in the field. Their reputations are on the line and usually not for sale.
Their curriculum vitae often contributes to the credibility attributed to their testimony.

I definitely won't insult the entire forensic mental health field by suggesting they'd prostitute themselves to appear on behalf of the defense in this case.
In the long haul, that would be a thankless job at best, despite the big $$!

:mad: :mad: :mad: They lack ethics and they are in every walk of life: YAP Money makes the world go round for those people....

Dear Songline,

Please note in your post #183, I did not make the statement which you attribute to me in the "quote".
See the clarification of my post #184 which represents my opinion on this matter.:):twocents:

Verite, I know you are not talking to me but I noticed that too...if you look at the last few posts, none of them have the correct user name with the qoute...Your above post has my name with songlines words....Weird!

Thanks, Nephers! It is weird.

Sorry, Songline--not Ur fault--modern technology! Yuk.

Verité;3750547 said:
Dear Songline,

Please note in your post #183, I did not make the statement which you attribute to me in the "quote".
See the clarification of my post #184 which represents my opinion on this matter.:):twocents:
Adjusted my post. TY

you guys have to be careful when you do anything to another person's quote. by that I mean sometimes when you snip a post you snip the quote tag and it messes everything up. You can see it and we try to catch them when we can but everyone really needs to police themselves. I'll go fix them but please be careful and when you see a broken quote don't carry it by quoting it again. thanks :)

[ame=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76874]Read Here[/ame]

I have said this on the LKL thread...after Cindy's Freudian slip
When Cindy was asked why didn't Casey make that call before 31 days: Cindy replied something about Maybe it was her way of "grieving"? Cindy did not say maybe she was in panic.....
However I also said in a dozen or more posts that I know that all evidence points to Casey.
But there are still things here that leave me in question.
There for - I refrain from pointing at Casey directly till the evidence ties her to the crime.
I know you are not trying to pick at me... But I am not 100% convinced that it is a slam dunk.
I have questions about:
Where is the money coming from? and WHY?
How is it that JB is in charge?
And Was it her/Casey's idea not to call 911 in the first place.
Was it on July 1 after GA picked up the car that they had to all gather and clean up a mess before that famous 911 call?
Why has CAYLEE drooped out of the picture?
I am sure I have other questions too.
I do have to say that this group here is Awesome at putting all the information together.

When I have all of those question satisfied in my mind I will point my finger.
But for now I want to reserve my pointing at her because, I do not have many of my answers.

JMHO

You are right no one is trying to pick at you. We all have our opinions and every opinion is as valid as any other.

Here is mine:
Where is money coming from and why? When a case hits high profile, people start coming out of the woodwork to get their name attached to it- whether they are actually involved with the case or not. And KC/Caylee's case seems to have gone to super high profile. The reason why it got so high profile was because of a marcarbe (sp) 'entertainment' value IMO. Not the part of the missing and dead child- but because of a young, fairly good looking middle class white girl accused of the unthinkable. And the middle class grandparents who couldn't stay off the media, who more or less immediately began setting up positions that differed from/challenged/thwarted LE. Nothing makes better reality TV than a good argument.

Now everybody wants to get into a high profile case, for one reason. Name recognition. It doesn't matter as much if they win or lose as it does that their name gets known. So enter JB. KC calls JB for whatever reason. Here he has a young white girl, a missing child. It is going to get press. If he can survive the year or two to get to trial, then he will never have to advertise again. Because his name will be known. There will also be media appearances and possibly later books. Once KC went super high profile, then the regular "professional witnesses" also came on board. For them also name recognition and media appearances, later possibly books. Plus for both, there is never a "pro bono" murder case. The state pays for the prosecution, yes. But if the client is unable to pay, the state also picks up at least some of the expenses for the attorney and some for expert/professional witnesses.

They aren't going hungry over this. And this isn't the only case that has gone like this. Yes, someone else may be paying for the media reps, but that could also be explained by the alleged authors who may be interested in writing books after the trial. They play nice and helpful now, then move in for getting the favors returned later. The same goes with some of the reality shows like 20/20 and 48 hours and tv movies companies. So the money is out there, but not in this case alone and not necessarily for nefarious purposes.

How is it that JB is in charge? The attorney is always in charge, at least of his client. KC evidently is either scared enough or trusts him enough that she is obeying his order not to talk about any of this. Not uncommon of a client who is facing life in prison or the DP. They listen to the attorney or they get a new one. Cause if they can't trust in them they are sunk.

KC's idea not to call 911? Yes, she begged for "one more day." Kinda like a kid who has been told it is bedtime, yet begs to stay up for one more hour.

Why has Caylee dropped out of the picture? Believe it or not that isn't uncommon. Initially the case is all about the victim. But as time goes on, there sadly isn't much new to say about the victim. But there can be a lot of new things to say about the perp. It is just part of the progression of the case, it moves from missing person investigation (victim oriented), to death investigation (victim), to arrest (perp oriented), to trial (perp), to judgement(perp). If the victim's family can keep it up with the media, holding vigils, talking with the media keeping the victim's name in the media it helps. But it takes a huge toll on the family. And in this case I don't think IMO the family wanted to keep Caylee's name out there. Because they know when people hear the name Caylee, people think murder. Then they think about her being killed by her mother. So they are promoting KC's name, hoping to counteract that negativity. Doesn't work, but hey they are going to try.

Correct, NG, GVS, GR to name just a few shows have had them as quests.

Songline Green
You are right no one is trying to pick at you. We all have our opinions and every opinion is as valid as any other.

Here is mine:
Where is money coming from and why? When a case hits high profile, people start coming out of the woodwork to get their name attached to it- whether they are actually involved with the case or not. Correct
And KC/Caylee's case seems to have gone to super high profile. The reason why it got so high profile was because of a marcarbe (sp) 'entertainment' value IMO. Not the part of the missing and dead child- but because of a young, fairly good looking middle class white girl accused of the unthinkable. And the middle class grandparents who couldn't stay off the media, who more or less immediately began setting up positions that differed from/challenged/thwarted LE. Nothing makes better reality TV than a good argument. Correct

Now everybody wants to get into a high profile case, for one reason. Name recognition. It doesn't matter as much if they win or lose as it does that their name gets known. Correct
So enter JB. KC calls JB for whatever reason. Here he has a young white girl, a missing child. It is going to get press. If he can survive the year or two to get to trial, then he will never have to advertise again. Because his name will be known. There will also be media appearances and possibly later books. Correct
Once KC went super high profile, then the regular "professional witnesses" also came on board. For them also name recognition and media appearances, later possibly books. Plus for both, there is never a "pro bono" murder case. The state pays for the prosecution, yes. But if the client is unable to pay, the state also picks up at least some of the expenses for the attorney and some for expert/professional witnesses.

They aren't going hungry over this. And this isn't the only case that has gone like this. Yes, someone else may be paying for the media reps, but that could also be explained by the alleged authors who may be interested in writing books after the trial. They play nice and helpful now, then move in for getting the favors returned later. The same goes with some of the reality shows like 20/20 and 48 hours and tv movies companies. So the money is out there, but not in this case alone and not necessarily for nefarious purposes.

How is it that JB is in charge? He is not qualified, he is got his Law degree in 2006 and needs at least 5 years in criminal litigation to qualify, and he is a huge bozo.The attorney is always in charge, at least of his client. KC evidently is either scared enough or trusts him enough that she is obeying his order not to talk about any of this. Not uncommon of a client who is facing life in prison or the DP. They listen to the attorney or they get a new one. Cause if they can't trust in them they are sunk. I am not convinced that she knows anything past how to get a guy to bed, so...I am certainly not sure how he comes about, or who placed him in that situation?

KC's idea not to call 911? Yes, she begged for "one more day." not at all sure about thatKinda like a kid who has been told it is bedtime, yet begs to stay up for one more hour.

Why has Caylee dropped out of the picture? Believe it or not that isn't uncommon. Initially the case is all about the victim. But as time goes on, the case for her demise has not begun, I do not believe that her GP are doing the right thing at allthere sadly isn't much new to say about the victim. But there can be a lot of new things to say about the perp. It is just part of the progression of the case, it moves from missing person investigation (victim oriented), to death investigation (victim), to arrest (perp oriented), to trial (perp), to judgement(perp). If the victim's family can keep it up with the media, holding vigils, talking with the media keeping the victim's name in the media it helps. But it takes a huge toll on the family. They are in the media for all the wrong reasonsAnd in this case I don't think IMO the family wanted to keep Caylee's name out there. Because they know when people hear the name Caylee, people think murder. Then they think about her being killed by her mother. So they are promoting KC's name, they are transparent, if they were all for Casey they need to go visit herhoping to counteract that negativity. Doesn't work, but hey they are going to try.

:blowkiss::blowkiss:

Here is mine:
Where is money coming from and why? When a case hits high profile, people start coming out of the woodwork to get their name attached to it- whether they are actually involved with the case or not. And KC/Caylee's case seems to have gone to super high profile. The reason why it got so high profile was because of a marcarbe (sp) 'entertainment' value IMO. Not the part of the missing and dead child- but because of a young, fairly good looking middle class white girl accused of the unthinkable. And the middle class grandparents who couldn't stay off the media, who more or less immediately began setting up positions that differed from/challenged/thwarted LE. Nothing makes better reality TV than a good argument.

Now everybody wants to get into a high profile case, for one reason. Name recognition. It doesn't matter as much if they win or lose as it does that their name gets known. So enter JB. KC calls JB for whatever reason. Here he has a young white girl, a missing child. It is going to get press. If he can survive the year or two to get to trial, then he will never have to advertise again. Because his name will be known. There will also be media appearances and possibly later books. Once KC went super high profile, then the regular "professional witnesses" also came on board. For them also name recognition and media appearances, later possibly books. Plus for both, there is never a "pro bono" murder case. The state pays for the prosecution, yes. But if the client is unable to pay, the state also picks up at least some of the expenses for the attorney and some for expert/professional witnesses.

How is it that JB is in charge? The attorney is always in charge, at least of his client. KC evidently is either scared enough or trusts him enough that she is obeying his order not to talk about any of this. Not uncommon of a client who is facing life in prison or the DP. They listen to the attorney or they get a new one. Cause if they can't trust in them they are sunk.

KC's idea not to call 911? Yes, she begged for "one more day." Kinda like a kid who has been told it is bedtime, yet begs to stay up for one more hour.

Why has Caylee dropped out of the picture? Believe it or not that isn't uncommon. Initially the case is all about the victim. But as time goes on, there sadly isn't much new to say about the victim. But there can be a lot of new things to say about the perp. It is just part of the progression of the case, it moves from missing person investigation (victim oriented), to death investigation (victim), to arrest (perp oriented), to trial (perp), to judgement(perp). If the victim's family can keep it up with the media, holding vigils, talking with the media keeping the victim's name in the media it helps. But it takes a huge toll on the family. And in this case I don't think IMO the family wanted to keep Caylee's name out there. Because they know when people hear the name Caylee, people think murder. Then they think about her being killed by her mother. So they are promoting KC's name, hoping to counteract that negativity. Doesn't work, but hey they are going to try.

So true blood money ..millions of $ have been made off Jonet B Ramseys death..Susan Smith..OJ...to name a few...everybody attached to this case wants their piece of the pie...thats why I like this website I don't think a book written about this csase could tell me anymore than I have learned from here..

Verité;3750366 said:
From where? Cost to defense? How do you know this to be true?

My brother, father, and uncle are lawyers.

Professional expert witnesses are notorious. That's why they are often called, "hired guns."

Yeah. Look at how fast Kobinski changed his tune, when the defense hired him. :-(

Verité;3750350 said:
You can't purport the above as an accurate statement--unless you are a forensic psychodiagnostician with YEARS of experience who has sat face to face
with this defendant for hours conducting clinical interviews and administered objective and projective psychological tests, as well as reviewed a
mountain of law enforcement reports and other data. And, if you've done all of the above, you could not ethically offer a professional opinion on an
electronic forum. I think it's safe to say you're just offering an opinion which is no more or less valid than that of anyone else, right?

There certainly is one psychological instrument which measures poor common sense judgment in the face of otherwise average or above average intelligence
which is characteristic of defendants who do such "dumb" [your word] things as drive around for days with a decaying corpse in a vehicle. You can't
be so cavalier as to write-off such bizarre conduct as simply "dumb."

Of course, all my opinions are JMHO, like everyone else! :)

However, I have a little bit more background than most people.

I'm a psych nurse with a BA and MA in psych. For over 20 years.

And, yes, it is my opinion that KC is has the IQ of a cinder block, plus no maturity or common sense.

It is also my opinion that she is a sociopath, with borderline and narcissistic personality disorders.

Pretty much all of the psychiatric talking heads who have published agree on "sociopath."

And, one can form an educated opinion JUST by patient history.

For the courtroom, one would need to have run some tests. And, one needs a doctorate, while I only have an MA.
:blowkiss:

:blowkiss::blowkiss: Yes and you are always very wonderful.
Discussions are not always about like minded thinking :)
and then one of us may eventually change their mind MAYBE ME :)

Heck, honey! Before this shakes down, maybe ALL of us will change our minds. At least on a few points. :)

Wonderful back atcha, honey. :) And me LURVES your kitties! :blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss:

Yeah. Look at how fast Kobinski changed his tune, when the defense hired him. :-(

OT Wonder if he is still on retainer? It must be a good one cause he's missing out on alot of $ and airtime while waiting for this trial to start!:waitasec:

My father was an attorney so I've seen many things like this. The thing with forensics is that while you can be 99.9% sure on something, there is still that .1% of uncertainty. Once the check is in the mail, an expert can change from agreeing with the 99% to argueing that the evidence isn't 100%.

OT Wonder if he is still on retainer? It must be a good one cause he's missing out on alot of $ and airtime while waiting for this trial to start!:waitasec:

Hard to say. But, I'm guessing he likes the attention, and getting his name in the news. Nobody had ever heard of him, until this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
internationalsleuth