Casey files for-Indigency; Defense reveals how much it's been paid!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question please...
I have been wondering for a long time if there may be money hidden somewhere somehow. If that were the case could it be found and traced all the way back to it's source?

I have wondered the same thing for a long time.
I question the money Casey has received for photos/videos of Caylee and if she had to file any taxes on that money she received.
I would think so. Anyone know how that works?
If someone pays her a large amount of money wouldn't they file that on their taxes? There has to be a money trail on the monies she has received, and if it were paid straight to Baez wouldn't that be a conflict of interest?

:waitasec:Or can Casey/Baez just receive monies for the photos/videos and not file taxes on it?

I question the money Casey has received for photos/videos of Caylee and if she had to file any taxes on that money she received.
If someone pays her a large amount of money wouldn't they file that on their taxes? There has to be a money trail on the monies she has received, and if it were paid straight to Baez wouldn't that be a conflict of interest?

:waitasec:Or can Casey/Baez just receive monies for the photos/videos and not file taxes on it?

Unless the check is made out to the PR firm that represents the anthony's or baez. I'm almost certain baez wouldn't allow any checks made out in his name. Isn't that what people like Todd Black do?

Not like this matters much...but isn't WFTV an ABC affiliate?
Yep sure is has been sinse it started in February 1, 1958 as WLOF-TV and changed its call letters to the current WFTV in 1963.

As a Florida citizen, this burns my butt more than you know.

Don't kill your daughter and you won't incur legal fees and costs from legal experts - duh - no brainer....

Mom and dad should cover it.

exactly! They cover KC's @ss for everything else, including the murder of precious Caylee ... so find a way to pay for her defense that DOESN'T include victimizing Caylee all over again by selling her memories or trying to put it on the taxpayers.

Lyons probably already has a home here in Florida. I cant imagine shes been at the Travel Lodge. If she has a rental home...hence a mailing address, perhaps utility bills...well technically is she not already living in Florida?

Someone is having to pay the taxes on the monies...depends on who the check was made out to. Unless - I'm wondering if it was paid to the CMA Foundation...hmmm. Right now I can't recall when the foundation was created.

Lyons probably already has a home here in Florida. I cant imagine shes been at the Travel Lodge. If she has a rental home...hence a mailing address, perhaps utility bills...well technically is she not already living in Florida?

Huh? What are you basing that on?

Yep sure is has been sinse it started in February 1, 1958 as WLOF-TV and changed its call letters to the current WFTV in 1963.

It does matter - ABC doesn't want attention on the fact that they pay for news - always denying it. They're not alone. The other networks don't seem to be following the "where did the $ come from?" story either. Same reason.

moo

So why hasn't the media filed a motion to unseal the hearing where JB revealed to JS how he was being paid? Rhornsby said it could be unsealed now that KC has filed for indigent status. I would have thought they would have been on this immediately.

Huh? What are you basing that on?

Someone is having to pay the taxes on the monies...depends on who the check was made out to. Unless - I'm wondering if it was paid to the CMA Foundation...hmmm. Right now I can't recall when the foundation was created.

:waitasec: Maybe all the monies have been going to CMA. But doesn't a foundation have to disclose monies received and how they were used? I sure hope someone has been following the "CMA" foundation money trail.

I found this visit of Casey, Cindy, George Visit On July 25 2008 at 9am of interest.

If you notice back in the beginning of the case Cindy tells Casey "We forgive you for anything you've said" Did the Anthony's already know what happen to Caylee and were in the making money mode for Casey's defense already? Cindy & George sure did seem worried about what Casey may of said.

Casey replies, "Don't worry; I haven't told them anything." At the very beginning.
Cindy also mentions the CMA foundation, so this foundation was created early on and I wonder if this is where the money is going that has been paid for videos/interview/pictures of Caylee. Casey then ask to see Georges shirt with Caylee's picture and info. So, we know they spent a lot for t-shirts, pins, bracelets, flyer's and so fourth, but were they not charging for them as well? I am getting a little confused with how the CMA foundation works and how fast it was created for a child that they claim was kidnapped. Why would they need a foundation? Kind of brings me back to Lee saying "CMA" I will keep my promise to you...something to that affect. Maybe "CMA" was Casey, not Caylee?

:waitasec:So, Could this "CMA" foundation be where the money trail would of began? And if not, will we be informed of how Baez received funds for Casey's defense since she was not working and in Jail? If I recall, didn't Casey already have $5,000 or some monies to retain Baez as soon as she got arrested, but claimed another inmate referred Baez? Or am I thinking of another case?
Casey had been in isolation all that time, how could another inmate give her Baez's name and number? Seems to me Casey already had Baez's info for when the time came that she needed his services IMO.

Cindy also ask Casey for her my-space info so she can get videos/pictures of Caylee and that video of the visit with her grandfather. LE had that video, why did Cindy need it? Did she also sell that video? I am beginning to wonder if this is where Casey had gotten her money from and how this will affect her indigent status and where is the rest of the money?
Link to video:http://www.wftv.com/video/18205452/index.html

I recall Casey saying in the Aug 14 jail visitation video, that JB was in NY doing business for her. This statement doesn't give me the impression that Casey was having any another attorney broker the deal. It leads me to believe that JB was right there in the thick of things.

I recall Casey saying in the Aug 14 jail visitation video, that JB was in NY doing business for her. This statement doesn't give me the impression that Casey was having any another attorney broker the deal. It leads me to believe that JB was right there in the thick of things.

Thank you for posting this date... just last night I renewed the backward state thread where I noted that on AUG 14 KC's reverse speech indicated a deal WAS in the making. Here is the link to that post.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4926522&postcount=554"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4926522&postcount=554[/ame]

WOW.......

So why hasn't the media filed a motion to unseal the hearing where JB revealed to JS how he was being paid? Rhornsby said it could be unsealed now that KC has filed for indigent status. I would have thought they would have been on this immediately.

Its all a bit unbelievable, as in outrageous, isn't it - that media doesn't seem to be pursuing the source of funding?
I think RH is spot on with why this isn't being covered and in my opinion its a disgrace.

Its all a bit unbelievable, as in outrageous, isn't it - that media doesn't seem to be pursuing the source of funding?
I think RH is dead on with why this isn't being covered and in my opinion its a disgrace.
Hoping what Mr. Hornsby said will travel in Orlando and some outlet will take him up on the challenge. The Sentinel maybe?

Hoping what Mr. Hornsby said will travel in Orlando and some outlet will take him up on the challenge. The Sentinel maybe?

He said OS dropped the ball on this, wonder why. Also WESH did some coverage, lets see what happens next.

Not sure a "non-profit organization/foundation" can fund the defense???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbohacek