Casey files for-Indigency; Defense reveals how much it's been paid!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Richard Hornsby: "Regarding her being declared indigent for costs. Jose Baez will not be paid ANY MONEY, he is not court appointed, a private, retained attorney does not get paid for representation. The state will pick up costs for things investigations, expert witnesses, things other than attorney fees."

If Baez has a financial conflict of interest, if he was somehow deceptive, if he made a profit off of the money and brokered all these deals, and meanwhile has pinched pennies on handling her expenses..it is a problem. He could absolutely be disbarred.It is very clear how he drafted the affidavit he had Casey sign was CLEARLY prepared to protect himself and protect the third party. Baez did not want to declare her indigent because it would have let the cat out of the bag, of who had paid that money. If Baez has mismanaged her money,if there is a conflict of interest, that is the real issue. Jose Baez may have to step down in this case."

Diane Fanning said on Levi page's show said that someone in New York has been paying for the defense so far. She said she has a very good source and that she sat in an office with someone who claims to have been the intermediary between Baez and who is paying.

I recall Casey saying in the Aug 14 jail visitation video, that JB was in NY doing business for her. This statement doesn't give me the impression that Casey was having any another attorney broker the deal. It leads me to believe that JB was right there in the thick of things.

I recall this as well as Cindy telling Casey that if she needed to talk to someone she could talk to Dominic Casey since Baez was in NY on business or what ever he was doing there, I sure would like to know what he was doing in NY. I also wonder if DC ever showed up in her visitor log.

Do any of you remember in the beginning when Jose said something to the effect of he has several media offers, that will just have to sit in the drawer, for now? If you do, could you link it for me, please? Thank you in advance!!

docket update
03/15/2010 Response
Justice Administrative Commission's; to Defendant's Motion for Determination of Indigency for Costs and Request to Participate Telephonically

RH said the JAC will most likely participate by phone - here it is.

docket update
03/15/2010 Response
Justice Administrative Commission's; to Defendant's Motion for Determination of Indigency for Costs and Request to Participate Telephonically

RH said the JAC will most likely participate by phone - here it is.

Yep he said that they were unlikely aware of just how big the case had become and would just "phone it it" unless someone contacted them to investigate further.

When I read last week that they had severe concerns I was relieved but after hearing RH last night talk about that being 'boilerplate' language, I felt really let down, and now to see this request to call it in.
Its up to the judge now and hopefully the public.

Not to be disrespectful to Diane Fanning, but she got other details wrong in her book as well that she claimed first hand knowledge of, so I would chalk this up as yet just another allegation/rumor....just sayin....

yeah, no kidding, I'm feeling totally jaded about anyone who comments on this case citing an extra special reliable 'source'.

When I read last week that they had severe concerns I was relieved but after hearing RH last night talk about that being 'boilerplate' language, I felt really let down, and now to see this request to call it in.
Its up to the judge now and hopefully the public.

You are so right. The public has to do something about this. When is it right for a person who is accused of a crime to make money off of pictures of the crime victum for the purposes of paying for their defense. I hope whoever purchased those pictures is exposed and that the public outcry is such that some type of law is passed to protect victums from their killers. jmo

It was Todd Black that said it. Here is a quote from WESH

http://www.wesh.com/news/17438472/detail.html

:waitasec: A spokesman for Baez confirmed that they have received all kinds of offers some over $1 million for book rights, movie rights, even some sort of pay per view special.

So far, spokesman Todd Black said all they're doing is listening to those offers and filing them away.

However, he said, a defense fund for Casey Anthony has been established. A Web site is being put together and might consider taking one of those offers to fund Casey Anthony's defense, depending how expensive that defense effort will be.

You are so right. The public has to do something about this. When is it right for a person who is accused of a crime to make money off of pictures of the crime victum for the purposes of paying for their defense. I hope whoever purchased those pictures is exposed and that the public outcry is such that some type of law is passed to protect victums from their killers. jmo

If they are the keepers of the public's purse, they may want to appear prudent in their decisions. I find it hard to believe they aren't having some behind the scene discussions with the Judge and the SA regarding this case.

Hi, first post here.
Isn't there a way to get this artical for Casey million dollar offers to the JAC so they will wonder who is JACing who ????

If they are the keepers of the public's purse, they may want to appear prudent in their decisions. I find it hard to believe they aren't having some behind the scene discussions with the Judge and the SA regarding this case.

Perhaps the judge will think about how unpopular he might become with the citizens of FL when he's up for election again?

He said OS dropped the ball on this, wonder why. Also WESH did some coverage, lets see what happens next.

So, does it have to be a major or local news affiliate that requests that this be unsealed? Can someone else request it from another media source, such as a radio talk-show? :angel:

Its all a bit unbelievable, as in outrageous, isn't it - that media doesn't seem to be pursuing the source of funding?
I think RH is spot on with why this isn't being covered and in my opinion its a disgrace.

ITA!

The mainstream media outlets are all owned by huge corporations - they aren't the ethical truth in journalism news outlets they portray themselves to be.

ABC is owned by Walt Disney Corp.
NBC, MSNBC by General Electric
CBS by Westinghouse
CNN, HLN by Time Warner - AOL
Fox by Rupert Murdoch

They all have people watching and censoring what we get to see and hear.
That's why I try to find Indy Media outlets . . .

So, does it have to be a major or local news affiliate that requests that this be unsealed? Can someone else request it from another media source, such as a radio talk-show? :angel:

I asked that very question on the RH thread last night, it wasn't answered. So I have no idea but I think its an important question.

ITA!

The mainstream media outlets are all owned by huge corporations - they aren't the ethical truth in journalism news outlets they portray themselves to be.

ABC is owned by Walt Disney Corp.
NBC, MSNBC by General Electric
CBS by Westinghouse
CNN, HLN by Time Warner - AOL
Fox by Rupert Murdoch

They all have people watching and censoring what we get to see and hear.
That's why I try to find Indy Media outlets . . .

Now that is depressing. What is the independent in Orlando - would it be the Sentinel?

If I am not mistaken it must be a licensed media outlet. There are certain credentials issued to a media source....licensing as such is one of them. I don't know where a radio talk show would factor in. I am sure some radio talk shows would qualify and others would not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OKseeker