Casey files for-Indigency; Defense reveals how much it's been paid!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked that very question on the RH thread last night, it wasn't answered. So I have no idea but I think its an important question.

I would think it can be any media rep with "credentials".

I worked as adviser to a college student newspaper. The reporters were able to get press passes to events. Local gov't officials always responded to their info requests.

PS: they also were sent free tickets to events and concerts without asking - the ones they didn't use they gave to me. :dance:

Perhaps the judge will think about how unpopular he might become with the citizens of FL when he's up for election again?

Sorry Tiki, I meant it the other way around. That the JAG may know far more about this case than they are letting on at this time. That I'm not too put off by them attending the hearing telephonicly at this time, because they may want to appear prudent until some actual evidence of mismanagement comes out at the hearing.

I just find it hard to believe they haven't been doing any homework in preparation for the indigency hearing and are coming into it cold without having any knowledge at all of Baez's highjinks.

Sorry Tiki, I meant it the other way around. That the JAG may know far more about this case than they are letting on at this time. That I'm not too put off by them attending the hearing telephonicly at this time, because they may want to appear prudent until some actual evidence of mismanagement comes out at the hearing.

I just find it hard to believe they haven't been doing any homework in preparation for the indigency hearing and are coming into it cold without having any knowledge at all of Baez's highjinks.

Thanks! I sure hope you are right!
I was disheartened last night when RH said they always say they have "severe concerns" when he applies for his own clients :(

Thanks! I sure hope you are right!
I was disheartened last night when RH said they always say they have "severe concerns" when he applies for his own clients :(

LOL - I sorta think RH's clients and JAG's serious concerns look pretty frivilous compared to what is happening in the Casey/Baez case.

Whatever shakes down - RH sure was spitting fire last night - he is one seriously p****d off dude.

You are so right. The public has to do something about this. When is it right for a person who is accused of a crime to make money off of pictures of the crime victum for the purposes of paying for their defense. I hope whoever purchased those pictures is exposed and that the public outcry is such that some type of law is passed to protect victums from their killers. jmo

I pray that someone will ask for these records before the tele conference. IMO, if the state is required to pay for Casey's defense they need to find out where she got the money to pay for her defense in the past and why she is now trying to declare herself as indigent. It was mentioned by Todd Black in the past that the defense had created a "defense fund" for Casey. So, how can they create one? Would that not be a conflict of interest?

Also, notice in tonight's article by Hall B. he mentions who is affiliated with who. I wonder if KB is getting an enormous amount of emails regarding this matter? IMO, she has been the best reporter when in comes to the Anthony case. I hope she ask for the records before the JAC tele-conference. :furious:

posted by halboedeker on March, 15 2010 6:04 PM
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...bout-other-woman-in-george-anthonys-life.html
WFTV’s Kathi Belich broke the mistress story Friday night, but the initial reports relied on information from Cruz’s sister. Those first reports raised questions about the alleged mistress, which today’s report helped answer.
WFTV, by the way, is an ABC affiliate, but it is not owned by ABC. Rather, it is owned by Cox. Belich has reported on fees that ABC News paid to use photos and video of Caylee.

Wouldnt Casey have to disclose the $$$ that has been deposited into her jail account as gifts on her application for indigent status? I realize they may seem minimal, but she is/was (not up to speed on the deposits of recent since NG stopped reporting all the "frivolous" food purchases) recieving them.

I wonder how many emails to Kathi B have been sent to ask WFTV to pursue unsealing of the financial information. Anyone here? Any responses?

Kent, that's a whole lot of "what ifs" but they sure do seem to fit together. Now this is a real daisy chain you can sink your sleuthing teeth into compared to LP's drivel. MOO

Is Katyln from ABC the Irish gal who is very demure and sits near the Anthonys at the hearings?

I remember Baez's daughter worked PR for him for a short while and on her resume one if the things she had up front and centered was that she handled all media relations with ABC, etc., etc on the Casey Anthony case.

How many different times under oath were they asked how is Casey paying Baez?
Was it all four of these:
LE interviews,
FBI interviews,
Civil depo,
state depo.?

I guess it would be less severe for Casey's plight if her parents lied than if indeed she and Baez lied to the judge.

LOL - I sorta think RH's clients and JAG's serious concerns look pretty frivilous compared to what is happening in the Casey/Baez case.

Whatever shakes down - RH sure was spitting fire last night - he is one seriously p****d off dude.

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!:furious:

:waitasec: A spokesman for Baez confirmed that they have received all kinds of offers some over $1 million for book rights, movie rights, even some sort of pay per view special.

So far, spokesman Todd Black said all they're doing is listening to those offers and filing them away.

However, he said, a defense fund for Casey Anthony has been established. A Web site is being put together and might consider taking one of those offers to fund Casey Anthony's defense, depending how expensive that defense effort will be.

Todd Black? Not a very credible source. :waitasec:

I wonder how many emails to Kathi B have been sent to ask WFTV to pursue unsealing of the financial information. Anyone here? Any responses?

I think they may have gotten some feedback on that. Yesterday when they did their update on the alleged affair they also included info about the indigency hearing and the JAC response. Perhaps they are trying to be more balanced and show they are willing to ask/report on questions about the money trail too.

Not good enough WFTV - I would like to see KB chasing down JB with that microphone and ask about the application for indigency. I could not care less about the details of the alleged affair and supposed NEKKID pictures. What is this -HOLLYWOOD!

The pair says they have faith in their daughter and are paying for her attorney

You know, I've thought initially they covered the bounced check Inmate Anthony alleged gave to Baez when she first was arrested, the check did bounce. Which would be a reason for them to go into foreclosure due to JAC requirements and if they initially paid for their daughters defense, maybe they would be on the hook for the remainder?? Which maybe why JAC has serious concerns on Inmate Anthony's indigency status.

IDK, but Thursday is approaching fast and I can't wait to see this play out in the courtroom.

You know, I've thought initially they covered the bounced check Inmate Anthony alleged gave to Baez when she first was arrested, the check did bounce. Which would be a reason for them to go into foreclosure due to JAC requirements and if they initially paid for their daughters defense, maybe they would be on the hook for the remainder?? Which maybe why JAC has serious concerns on Inmate Anthony's indigency status.

IDK, but Thursday is approaching fast and I can't wait to see this play out in the courtroom.

The cheque Casey gave Baez bounced? Did NOT know that - not doubting you but I just have never heard that info. Hmmm!

I have been following this case from the beginning, and this is certainly news to me (re: Casey's check to Baez bouncing). Do we know this to be a fact? I wasn't even aware that Casey had a checking account?

I am not doubting you, just very interested if this is for sure a fact.

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member