Casey files for-Indigency; Defense reveals how much it's been paid!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would Baez have to reveal if he was involved in any selling of Caylee's pictures? Do the anonymous "contributors" to kc's defense have to be revealed? Does JB have to reveal the alleged NSF check? If GA & CA contributed to her defense, wouldn't it be prudent for them to have paid the $ on the defense costs vs. on their own home mortgage payment? Could they have signed over the mortgage as a retainer for defense fees and now the defense is forced to push for cash and this was a ploy to declare KC indigent?

In regards to Baez wenwe4 I certainly hope so.

From the beginning of this case we learned Casey had no job and no assets..(she didn't own a home, car etc..) yet Baez has been paid almost $90,000 and AL got about $22,000.

Baez & AL have filed to have Casey declared indigent for costs.
AL has said she is working pro bono, fine. But Baez has not stated he is working pro bono..so where will the money be coming from to pay for (ahem) his services?

Is or has Baez mishandled the funds in order to pay himself?

Even with the George had an affair side show...I have not taken my eye off of where did the money come from? and why Baez did not declare her indigent in July 2008?

Thanks Luv... I will try to see if I can find something on it because it would be very interesting if true. I know how frustrating it is to hear something and then not be able to find it later. I swear I heard LP state that Casey's money was stolen from her when she was in jail the first time. I have not heard anyone else comment on this, but I know I heard it. I remember wondering at the time if that stolen meant that CA and GA recieved monies that Casey felt should have gone to her? I also remember at one time there was a discussion where CA claimed she felt the pictures belonged to her as exclusive property and Casey did not agree. Again, no specific link, just going by memory, so I can relate to you.

Will let you know if I find anything.

I do remember and it was about $200 in Inmate Anthony's wallet when she was arrested the first time, CA put it in her pocket and I still dont' understand why the police didn't stop her..it wasn't Inmate Anthony's money, it belonged to AmyH!

My opinion only, but I think Baez is using "lawyer speak" when he says Casey has had no income since she was incarcerated. I read it to mean, since she has been in jail since October 14th. However, it could very well be that she did receive the "income" while she was out on bond (the $200,000) for pictures or fees.

I am sitting on the edge of my seat with the rest of you for the hearing tomorrow. I just hope someone remembers to bring the popcorn.

Or perhaps he is being even more "lawyerly" and thinking that Casey had "proceeds" (or even "gain") from the sale of intangible personal property (the photographs), but not "income" as that term is defined in the Internal Revenue Code.

You know what ~ there was a check number missing! And of course, we don't think Baez would ever tell now do we...... HUMMMMMMM makes you kind of wonder.

Naa, she can't be that stupid???

Baez will have to tell where the money came from which paid him and Lyons. How does someone who has no income pay them both over $111,000! Those are JAC's concerns..

I do hope he has to reveal it all, in front of the court and not hide off camera. This is the sleaziest case I can remember. What makes it worse, Caylee is paying for the defense of the one who sits accused, that's digusting to me. Baez knows, if this gets out, he's hidden it quite well, right :innocent: but to know for sure, this entire family will be the most hated in America.

What would happen, if the judge doesn't declare her indigent? IMO, at this point, he may not have a choice, unless there is some more funds coming in by way of photos. I also wonder if everyone dropped them, knowing their blatant lies are catching up and may find the entire Anthony family sharing the cell next to their daughter, after all she is in prison protecing someone else! :angel:

"And she feels compelled to put the blame on herself than some other person," said Cynthia. "That's the type of person Casey is."

Yeah, Right! If you say it enough, you may just believe it yourself! :innocent:

Remove second part of this sentence..And she feels compelled to put the blame on herself...because she is the only one who is responsible for Caylee's demise..this family, I swear...:croc:

Baez stayed on as her lawyer after finding out the check she wrote him bounced, NSF.
He knew early on (July 08, August the latest IMO) that she could not pay him...

I hope tomorrows hearing about how Casey paid Baez and where the money came from starts with this bounced check and goes on or "snowballs" from there.

BBM

I hadn't seen this before, Do you have a link?

I do remember and it was about $200 in Inmate Anthony's wallet when she was arrested the first time, CA put it in her pocket and I still dont' understand why the police didn't stop her..it wasn't Inmate Anthony's money, it belonged to AmyH!

IIRC Cindy said that was HER money. lol. That Casey had stole it from her.

BBM

George talked about it with LE in one of his earliest interviews with OSCO. He was discussing how he did not knwo where Baez came from, did not seem to like him, and couldn't understand how KC was paying him as she had promised him money she didn't have.

I believe it was the same interview in which he started throwing up.

Or perhaps he is being even more "lawyerly" and thinking that Casey had "proceeds" (or even "gain") from the sale of intangible personal property (the photographs), but not "income" as that term is defined in the Internal Revenue Code.

She wouldn't have to pay income tax on the $200,000? :waitasec:

I think photographs would be tangible - even digital ones.
I want to know how to get $200K and not have to pay tax on it.

ETA
I did a quick search for non taxable income...just thought I'd share this line from an IRS publication:

If you receive a bribe, include it in your income.

hmmmm - do most people admit to getting bribes???

BBM

No lisalei321, I do not have a link because I was responding to Livelaughluv's post and forgot to put a ? mark...fixed nowI
I remember reading in one of George's LE interviews about money Casey was supposed to pay Baez with..but the A's didn't know how she would pay because she didn't have the money.

Also, I you like, go to the Astro Thread for this case, that and other interesting stuff is posted
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95854&page=4

She wouldn't have to pay income tax on the $200,000? :waitasec:

I think photographs would be tangible - even digital ones.
I want to know how to get $200K and not have to pay tax on it.

ETA
I did a quick search for non taxable income...just thought I'd share this line from an IRS publication:

If you receive a bribe, include it in your income.

hmmmm - do most people admit to getting bribes???

OK, I'm not a tax expert, but here is an explanation of the basic concept. Not all payments of money are considered "income." Earned income is what you get when you do work for somebody (so I can see how a bribe could fall into that category :crazy: ). Revenue is what you get when you sell something to someone. (Unearned income is money from investments like interest or dividends.)

If you sell your house, you get a bunch of money, but that money is not income. If you sell your house for more than you paid for it, you have a gain on sale.

I've never sold any pictures to the media, so I don't know if you get a form 1099 from them at the end of the year. I don't think so. I think you are licensing the photos to them.

CORRECTION: The IRS says that royalties on copyrighted material are taxable as ordinary income.

http://www.irs.gov/publications/p17/ch12.html#en_US_publink1000172024

OK, I'm not a tax expert, but here is an explanation of the basic concept. Not all payments of money are considered "income." Earned income is what you get when you do work for somebody (so I can see how a bribe could fall into that category :crazy: ). Revenue is what you get when you sell something to someone. (Unearned income is money from investments like interest or dividends.)

If you sell your house, you get a bunch of money, but that money is not income. If you sell your house for more than you paid for it, you have a gain on sale.

I've never sold any pictures to the media, so I don't know if you get a form 1099 from them at the end of the year. I don't think so. I think you are licensing the photos to them.

I haven't found anything on licensing fees, but if that "person" in NY or CT gave her a gift, she wouldn't have to pay tax - the giver has to pay the tax on gifts.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p950.pdf

Thanks, HB - didn't see you correction 'til after I posted.

So, I wonder who paid income tax on the fee's received for using photos? Maybe we'll find out tomorrow?

Kinda how Brad Conway claimed GA and CA were not 'selling interviews' when they got 20k for the 48 hours show - technically true but still totally dishonest and disgusting.

Naa, she can't be that stupid???

Baez will have to tell where the money came from which paid him and Lyons. How does someone who has no income pay them both over $111,000! Those are JAC's concerns..

I do hope he has to reveal it all, in front of the court and not hide off camera. This is the sleaziest case I can remember. What makes it worse, Caylee is paying for the defense of the one who sits accused, that's digusting to me. Baez knows, if this gets out, he's hidden it quite well, right :innocent: but to know for sure, this entire family will be the most hated in America.

What would happen, if the judge doesn't declare her indigent? IMO, at this point, he may not have a choice, unless there is some more funds coming in by way of photos. I also wonder if everyone dropped them, knowing their blatant lies are catching up and may find the entire Anthony family sharing the cell next to their daughter, after all she is in prison protecing someone else! :angel:

Yeah, Right! If you say it enough, you may just believe it yourself! :innocent:

Remove second part of this sentence..And she feels compelled to put the blame on herself...because she is the only one who is responsible for Caylee's demise..this family, I swear...:croc:

It is unforgivable that a murderer can fund their defense with pictures of their victim. Since the ABA doesn't seem concerned with doing the right thing, we need to write to our representation to pass a law forbidding this cynical, immoral and disgusting practice. While they're at it, it wouldn't hurt to reform and limit the fame seekers' (Lyon, Macaluso, etc) ability to attach themselves to out of state cases simply for publicity and aggrandizement.

We don't really see this in other professions and the lawyers simply have to be reigned in. Enough is enough. It used to be considered unethical for an attorney to even advertise. Why have we let these people take over??

This hearing is going to be so much fun tomorrow!

So many things going on at the same time.

JB may possibly have to reveal all his deep, dark hidden secrets on how he was paid over a hundred thousand dollars. He'll definitely have to reveal if there is a secret donor.

We've got the defense basically claiming that Cindy was already over the initial shock of her granddaughter being kidnapped by the time she called 911.

Then suddenly, we have GA having an affair out of no where. It's going to be interesting to see if they come to the hearing together or seperate? At first I thought that only Cindy would show up or neither one of them would show up but I just remembered Casey's Birthday is on Friday, so I think they will both be there.

The FINALLY, the SA is done with it's investigation JS sealed and it no longer needs to be a secret.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CASEY!! :HappyBday:behindbar:HappyBday

So many things going on at the same time.

JB may possibly have to reveal all his deep, dark hidden secrets on how he was paid over a hundred thousand dollars. He'll definitely have to reveal if there is a secret donor.

We've got the defense basically claiming that Cindy was already over the initial shock of her granddaughter being kidnapped by the time she called 911.

Then suddenly, we have GA having an affair out of no where. It's going to be interesting to see if they come to the hearing together or seperate? At first I thought that only Cindy would show up or neither one of them would show up but I just remembered Casey's Birthday is on Friday, so I think they will both be there.

The FINALLY, the SA is done with it's investigation JS sealed and it no longer needs to be a secret.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CASEY!! :HappyBday:behindbar:HappyBday

It will be interesting to see who shows up and how they behave. Will Lee be there to support his precious CMA?

I really have a gut feeling that we are going to be disappointed with how the Judge handles this tomorrow. I fear we will not hear where this money has come from or where it has disappeared to.

Hope I'm wrong ... I also hope he rakes JB over the coals.

Well according to WESH both KC and GA will be in attendance tomorrow.

http://www.wesh.com/news/22870026/detail.html

ORLANDO, Fla. Casey Anthony is expected to attend her indigency hearing is set for 11 a.m. on Thursday

George Anthony is also expected to attend the hearing.

Well according to WESH both KC and GA will be in attendance tomorrow.

http://www.wesh.com/news/22870026/detail.html

ORLANDO, Fla. Casey Anthony is expected to attend her indigency hearing is set for 11 a.m. on Thursday

George Anthony is also expected to attend the hearing.

I will be SHOCKED if Cindy doesn't show up. If she's not there, I will have no choice but to believe that Brad has her tied down somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babycakes15