Casey files for-Indigency; Defense reveals how much it's been paid!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone help me?????? At the bottom of the application for indigent status there is a place to list how many dependants that you have. This newest one shows 0. Guess that blows Mr. MAcIntyre's theory out huh?????

Help me find the first one. I can't remember looking closely at that to see if she listed 1 dependant.

IIRC, she did list one dependent on the first application.

Again with the signature! I've mentioned this before and linked it elsewhere but I find it compelling that her signature on her original police statement was a full first and last name. Now it's a scribble and resembles Baez's signature. I can see her practicing it over and over again in her cell. No more Casey M. Lazzaro, now it's squiggle squiggle. I think she really pretends to be an attorney!

Again with the signature! I've mentioned this before and linked it elsewhere but I find it compelling that her signature on her original police statement was a full first and last name. Now it's a scribble and resembles Baez's signature. I can see her practicing it over and over again in her cell. No more Casey M. Lazzaro, now it's squiggle squiggle. I think she really pretends to be an attorney!

Yup - she's practicing signing all those autographed photos she told TMc she wanted to sell.:furious:

Thanks Muzikman :rocker: You da Man!

After reviewing the affidavits I have the following observations/comments:

Page 4 Item 7:
Casey states she has had ZERO income since being incarcerated.

So who got paid the ABC monies? Baez or the Anthony's - I'm just real curious as the IRS might be too!

Page 4 Item 14:
as per section 27.52(5)(a)(2) "and the source of payment for fees"

No source was revealed in the affidavits

Page 8: Baez's affidavit:
How sloppy! There is handwritten over what appears to by typewritten words and numbers. The type written don't entirely make much sense (see Casey's name). Also, the dollar figure varies drastically from the type vs. the handwritten. I see typed $5,454 and handwritten over it $89,454. How can any law firm represent these sloppy documents?

The writing on these forms looks very illegible. Will Judge Strickland even accept such forms?

If it is legible...the court will take it. Additionally......doesn't the application have to be prepared by the applicant?????

The writing on these forms looks very illegible. Will Judge Strickland even accept such forms?
They are running out of money, so I guess they had to use pens almost out of ink! You do know why the pens are out of ink, right? Because, KC used all the ink practicing her name as Mrs. CB -- she even has the flashy style down!

They are running out of money, so I guess they had to use pens almost out of ink! You do know why the pens are out of ink, right? Because, KC used all the ink practicing her name as Mrs. CB -- she even has the flashy style down!

It is almost as if they make a mockery of everything they do. I don't get it!!!

Thanks Muzikman!

Any idea why it appears that Casey has written over existing text in the affidavits?

She didn't, it looks like a bad scan, just went and looked at DocStoc, the paper docs I have are much cleaner. I'll try again. :)

As for the writing over Casey's sig on page 8, that's the Clerk's Office time stamp.

She didn't, it looks like a bad scan, just went and looked at DocStoc, the paper docs I have are much cleaner. I'll try again. :)

As for the writing over Casey's sig on page 8, that's the Clerk's Office time stamp.
Okay, thanks - that makes sense!

Has Casey forgotten about who her "attorney of record is" for the Civil Case? Did she record that case number under the Affidavit of Attorney's fees for Baez? Does Casey even realize that Baez is not representing her in the Civil Case?

Andrea L is working Pro Bono as stated in the Motion
Jose has not been working Pro Bono, he has gotten paid.
I thought Linda KB was one of her attorney's? Or is she considered an Expert as opposed to an Attorney on her legal team?
Todd M is out.

Thank you Muzikman - really appreciate your contribution.

Andrea L is working Pro Bono as stated in the Motion
Jose has not been working Pro Bono, he has gotten paid.
I thought Linda KB was one of her attorney's? Or is she considered an Expert as opposed to an Attorney on her legal team?
Todd M is out.

Wow. Where is Linda? Did we not get invited to the going away party?

Originally Posted by magic-cat
So let me get this straight.
Over $100,000.00 has been paid to the defense...and yet
They have conducted NO to very few depositions?
NO experts have examined any of the evidence with the exception of that one trip by Dr. Lee to look at the car?
For Andrea Lyons few and rather pathetic appearances she merited over $20,000.00?
And exactly what DID Baez do with close to $90,000.00?

Was ALL of that money spent playing these pathetic and non-productive GAMES they have played and NONE of it actually went to DEFENDING her? Are they kidding?

The top of my head is about to come off!

..if baez has been paid $90,000.00 since july 2008-----that's about 4500.00 per month, for himself, as well as staff, overhead etc, not an extravagant amount for a law firm on the whole.
..he also HAS done a number of depos------tony, hoover, annie,the security guards when kc hyperventilated in jail dec 11/08...---( check out thehinkymeter.com "maura" has an extensive list of depos done by JB).

..20 grand for lyon? again, not a lot , considering what she charges,how long she's been around and flying in and out from illinois.( and now claims to be pro bono----i assume that's her fee-----flights to and from may be different?)

..whether she claims indigent or not-----for her defense------the state of florida was ALWAYS going to be on the hook for her prosecution---( it cost california in excess of 4 MILLION to put scott peterson on death row).

..the question is---------this $ 111,000.00 , paid to baez and lyon thus far-------WHERE did that come from ? do they have to prove where it came from ? ( remember jose rushing judgeS into chambers back when because he didn't want to talk about it in open court?) ------and------is there FUTURE money ( book, movie, etc $$$'s ???) coming.

..according to bill schaeffer--wftv---if so-----it will be used to pay back the state of florida , for the indigent status bills.

..i don't think baez et al care at this point if THEIR hourly fees are paid----they are asking for the 'indigent client' stuff------depos, experts, etc----THEY have been "paid in spades" already--------in publicity.

OK important red flag here.

Please take note WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT BAEZ HAS ACTUALLY BEEN PAID!!!

As a result we do not know what monies were taken in by selling Caylee pics and goods. One thing that makes me wonder about this is the timing. They did not file this application for indigent status until 30 days after the check fraud case had been sentanced. As a direct result they do not have to declare how much JB was paid for handling that case. Something in the timing of this makes me very very suspicious of that. The check fraud case is where the money has been buried or hidden.

As a result we do not know what monies were taken in by selling Caylee pics and goods. One thing that makes me wonder about this is the timing. They did not file this application for indigent status until 30 days after the check fraud case had been sentanced. As a direct result they do not have to declare how much JB was paid for handling that case. Something in the timing of this makes me very very suspicious of that. The check fraud case is where the money has been buried or hidden.

What do you mean? I thought we know that Baez got the 90k and Lyon got the 22k. Whatever it went to - they got that money right? I'm not sure what you mean...and it certainly came from something involving selling pics or something, since we know Casey had no means of her own before the case began...

According to the Defense documents he has been paid the princely sum of $88445.83 so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member