Casey Interview Recordings Released Discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think the police could have drilled her more . . . where was she going when she dropped Caylee with Zenaida?

And here is something puzzling. . . would you let your child stay with a sitter and NOT look into who the sitter is living with? I would want to make sure those "roommates" didn't have a police record or anything.
ITA I wanted them to ask where did she go aftering dropping off Caylee .....it wasn't to work since you don't have a job.

The things that I found disturbing were these:
Stating that Caylee liked (past tense) to go to the park
She liked to walk around the lake
The long pause when asked if the car ran out of gas before or after Cayless was missing
She hadn't talked to the Cayless daddy since they were 6 or 7
Zenaida's mom and sister in Miami after stating that Zenaida recently lived with her mom
The detectives interrupted her too frequently, and didn't let her answer their questions, I think they should have let her talk and she would have weaved more lies for them to
catch her in.

She was too quick to offer that she didn't abandon the car. I think she left her purse and keys in the car with the intention of taking off but Cindy thwarted her plan when she found her at Tony's. She figured she could make it look like something happened to both of them.

Listening to those tapes really has me wondering if she deliberately killed Caylee. She seemed to have dreamt up those answers some time before, and when you think about how she started talking about Zanny before Caylee disappeared....I can't help but wonder.

I think she did. I think she's a "cold-blooded, callous monster."

I think that Cindy exerted so much control over Casey's life, that Casey took control of the one thing Cindy couldn't. Whether or not Cindy would ever see Caylee again.

I have no doubt that the root of this whole thing is the power-struggle between Casey and Cindy.

Casey said she called and left a message for the ZG's mother, yet does not remember her name? Then after she paused she said "Gloria?" Did she also say she did not have the number?

You'd think that knowing her child was STOLEN, that she'd make damn sure she kept the mothers number very close, and have been calling it and leaving a lot more then one message.

And how does she not remember the mothers name immediately? I would have liked to hear them grill her on that, in fact, I think they SHOULD have picked apart every single lie she told them, big, small, relevant or not. I got the feeling she was feeling very sure of herself because they weren't on her about the insane amount of bold lies she was telling.

But I should say that I think they did an amazing job interviewing her. I loved the part when the detective was asking her "...and you brought us here BECAUSE....?" "...this is going to help us find your daughter HOW?"

This is my first post, so please be kind. I have been a lurker for quite some time, and this case just leaves me shaking my head. After listening to the tapes I have realized that this woman is good....how can she keep it together while being blatantly confronted with the fact that she is a liar? Her unwavering tone and capability to hold up under that kind of pressure, leads me to believe that she will never, ever talk. She sounded almost cocky in a way. Just wish we could see her face while they were interrogating her! My daughter will be 3 next month and I find myself hugging her extra hard every day.

Welcome, lurker!

I agree with you 100 %. Or as Casey likes to say, "Absolutely". Sorry, Robotdog. Stay away from the pitchfork.

This is the confusing thing for me -- about the second interview. They now know that KC doesn't work at Universal. I didn't hear them ask if she worked any where else. Toward the end of it, they are going over her story again, i.e so you dropped her off when you went to work, etc. they kept referring to her working. Working where? Did I miss something? Why didn't they ask her why she had a need for a babysitter if she wasn't working? Is it me? or did they drop the ball? Maybe my audio cut off before it should have and I missed something. Help!?
No it's not you I was thinking the same thing why didn't they ask her where she went after dropping off Caylee... and yeah the good cop did say yu dropped her off and went to work wth??

How could she have left a message with Z's mother if she didn't have her phone number? Sky writer over the old folks home maybe?

the whole family was stoic with the 9th (or a bit before), until le found pictures of caylee on the camera from father's day. Then everyone's story changed.

What happened right after the third 911 call. Was something found out and the family changed? Changed stories, created stories? Was that all thought out before the depositions?

absolutely.

Welcome, lurker!

I agree with you 100 %. Or as Casey likes to say, "Absolutely". Sorry, Robotdog. Stay away from the pitchfork.
So when she says absolutely that a que that she is lying ..she says that word a lot

The book Caylee was reading in the video was suppose to be her favorite book.

I think Casey knew about Cayee reading the book at the nursing home on the 15th/Father's Day, but she forgot that she had said she saw Caylee last on the 9th.

Casey said she called and left a message for the ZG's mother, yet does not remember her name? Then after she paused she said "Gloria?" Did she also say she did not have the number?

You'd think that knowing her child was STOLEN, that she'd make damn sure she kept the mothers number very close, and have been calling it and leaving a lot more then one message.

And how does she not remember the mothers name immediately? I would have liked to hear them grill her on that, in fact, I think they SHOULD have picked apart every single lie she told them, big, small, relevant or not. I got the feeling she was feeling very sure of herself because they weren't on her about the insane amount of bold lies she was telling.

But I should say that I think they did an amazing job interviewing her. I loved the part when the detective was asking her "...and you brought us here BECAUSE....?" "...this is going to help us find your daughter HOW?"

Yes. She said that she left a message for ZG's mother, but then can't remember the mother's name or her number.

She then says that Jeff H. and Juliette Lewis were the only people she told about Caylee being missing.

And she somehow came up with a formula to make Caylee and her invisible, because the security cameras at the Sawgrass Apts. didn't show her.

She is talented. :)

Why not? Zanny is invisible. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members