Casey Interview Recordings Released Discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly! :banghead:
I was actually yelling at the audio to ask those questions!

Great point . . . they had her against the ropes in tape #2 . . . and it seems like they let her gain control of the situation again near the end and they were asking her softball questions.

Try to picture this...Caylee is dead and KC has to find a way to dispose of the body. She goes to Sawgrass in the a.m. to drop her in the dumpster then quietly sits on the stairs to make sure no one saw her. Zanny comes by with the building superintendent to view the apt.and KC has to move out of the way so they can get by. In her mind KC has now left Caylee at Sawgrass with Zanny at the stairs. All of this is true. KC then returns to Sawgrass in the evening to make sure the dumpster has been emptied. It has. Caylee is gone and so is Zanny. All of this is true. KC says on the tapes that she waited on the stairs to see if they would return. I believe she did wait on the stairs alright...to get herself together before going out for the night. "Sawgrass stairs with Zanny is the last place I've seen Caylee" She's telling the truth hear but not the WHOLE truth!

After listening to the tapes she appears to show no emotion about Caylee missing. She sounded frustrated to me that they were questioning her beyond dropping Caylee off. She sounds pretty confident, almost in a cocky way at times.

A couple parts that really got me was when she said if she didn't want Caylee anymore she would have just given her to her mom. No way would she do that. Caylee was KC's leverage against her parents and KC would still not be number 1 with them. The other when she was telling LE that she was glad to see her mom. Well, we know that was a lie too. Nate said she didn't want to leave with her mom.

The only truth that has come from her mouth is she hasn't seen Caylee. I will give props to the LE for being able to still be nice to her. Of course this is just my opinion.

I agree. Caylee was the pawn in Casey's game. When Cindy got out of line in her eyes, Caylee was used to punish her.

Casey would NEVER under any circumstances have let Cindy taken custody of Caylee.

Can't wait for someone to put this interview up on a voice stress analyzer - is she really as lobotomized as she sounds, or simply trying to control inner turmoil?

I am also very interested in hearing an expert's opinion regarding voice stress analysis!

If the detectives would've just shut up and asked more questions and allowed her time to complete her answers they would've gotten so much more information!

They continually cut her off mid-sentence. What kind of interview tactic is that?

Those detectives in that room had decades of experience and they knew exactly what they were doing. They have dealt with tragedy of every kind, where children, beautiful innocent children are involved.

It is soooooo easy to sit back in a chair and criticize this or that, but we have had a long time to dissect every aspect of this case, wring it out, twist it, analyze it, ponder it and lie awake nights, tormented by it.

These detectives were not afforded those luxuries. They had just stumbled into this God -awful nightmare of a case and they already knew----based on their personal observations of Casey , the way it began to play out back then, and the gut instinct that comes with that much experience --that it wasn't going to end well.

The amount of self restraint these men were able to exert when questioning Casey is commendable and I have nothing but respect for how swiftly they pulled together so much information while using a honkin mountain of lies as their stepping stone.

:rant: over. Thanks !

There are 38 pages here and I have not read them all... I read somewhere else that KC always referred to Caylee in past tense when discussing her with LE, did anyone else pick up on that?

well it was just another nail in her coffin listening to the interview for me. I honestly think that she could not handle being a mother and her mother called her up on it. I am not blaming Cindy but her Mothering skills did not help.

A "neutral place"

What is a neutral place & what does that mean to her?

I'm guessing the "neutral place" is either Tony L's apartment or Fusion.
I'm guessing "neutral place" means a place where no one questions her lies.

:waitasec:

When asked about her car running out of gas and whether she parked it there to cash a check, she offered voluntarily "I wasn't abandoning my car, it just circumstantially ran out of gas". They probably should have stopped her right there and said, we never said you were abandoning it, all we asked was if you went into the store to cash a check, why would you say that?

Isnt that odd? Why did she say that? They did not accuse her of abandoning her car at that time, did they?

I'm guessing the "neutral place" is either Tony L's apartment or Fusion.
I'm guessing "neutral place" means a place where no one questions her lies.

:waitasec:

The neutral place was Tony's apartment. And she never said a word to him about Caylee being kidnapped or missing. She then preceded to lie about where Caylee was.

Isnt that odd? Why did she say that? They did not accuse her of abandoning her car at that time, did they?

I noticed that too. She was very adamant about not abandoning it, but no one had ever suggested that in the first place.

:popcorn:Hi all- this thread is sooooo long! I just started a Nancy Grace thread for tonight, so we can move to the 'Shiny Shirt thread" in a bit!

I noticed that in the transcripts first and then heard it again today. I did catch it, and it struck me the first time. There is no parent out there that would refer to their child in the past tense until they knew they were dead. Which of course leads to, Casey knew she was dead.

Yes! Susan Smith did that, too.

Thanks for posting this, I also heard this right away, they hadn't said anything about abandoning the car, as least not during these taped sessions. It does sound like a slip up to me.

I don't think she would have said the things in the last 911 call if she knew Caylee was for sure dead.

I venture to say that after placing that call, and the subsequent search of the backyard led them to finding the body.

See, things changed after that. The 9th became critical. They changed their demeanor. I would opine that Casey couldn't take the smell in the car anymore and buried the child in the backyard (borrowing of the shovel), perhaps to even set up her parents. The family found the body after the 911 calls and prior to the search by cadaver dogs. All the vehicles should have been checked, and hopefully all the pings are being followed. I think Lee knew first. They created a script and the big trip up to the date of disappearance being the 9th was the camera. Being former LE, George was certain they could track phone records and the dates had to be skewed somehow, someway.

When Casey says "YOU don't know what my involvement is?" and Cindy backing off like a scared puppy, it was the moment when they knew Casey might implicate the family. They then went on the mission to get her home and defend her from there.

jmo

Great Post! Casey is asked several times in the interview if the last day she saw her daughter was June 9th and she comfirms it everytime. The family saying that they were confused never seemed right to me. I think I would know what day my daughter was kidnapped on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laloeromero