Casey Interview Recordings Released Discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think there IS something about THAT particular date...Think about it. She knew EXACTLY how many days Caylee had been missing? Did she keep count in her mind each day? Did she mark it on a calender? If THAT was the case, she would see that from the 9th was MORE than 31 days...There is STILL something very suspicious to me about the 9th, and her having the count of days down so pat and yet GETTING THE DATE WRONG...

While I agree with your comments ont he job these detectives have done with what they had to work with at that point, please listen to this part of the interview where he's asking her is she would call during the day to check on Caylee or text message from "here" at work. She still had them slipping back into the lie about even working at Universal? About 3/4 of the way through, listen and see if I heard that right.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/My...1&locale=EN-US

I noticed that too.

No matter how much experience LE has, in the heat of the moment, they may not be thinking about the things we've been thinking about for the last few weeks so it's reasonable for us to be frustrated they didn't come up with stuff. They have info now that they didn't have during those interviews. So I'm not doubting LE, I just recognize there's no way they could have asked the questions most of us want them to be asking. I do wish they would've let her answer some of those questions they did ask. Great questions but ummm let's hear the answer lol!

Speaking for myself, I know they did their best and their best is excellent, I just wish I could've heard Casey respond more.

Listening to the recordings was the equivalent of watching a scary movie and knowing a killer is downstairs and screaming at the girl "Don't go downstairs!". More info has come out since then and it would have been wonderful if they could've questioned her about it before she lawyered up.

I think I know exactly what the poster means. She admitted she didn't work there when she walked down the hall, finally. They went into an office to interview her and during the interview at times she acted as if she still worked there and at times she admitted she didn't. If you listen, it is fascinating.

I honestly believe that keeping her at Universal for that part of the questioning was a chess move. Okay gotta listen again though.

But I also have to prep for NG and deal with my furry angel who is staring at me with disgust.

What really strikes me about these recordings is that when they accuse her of hurting or killing Caylee, Casey never says anything like, "Are you crazy? I love my daughter more than anything in the world and I would NEVER hurt her in any way. EVER! I am DESPERATE to find her. I need you to help me find her!" If someone accused me of something like that - even about my dogs, much less my child, I would be competely and totally irate.

I'm not really sure what you mean, as they do know the whole Universal thing is a lie. They have her spiralling into a totem pole of lies.

I'm not being sarcastic..honest...I really don't know what you mean and I am curious. OK, thanks.

On the tape, the detective asks her...."did you ever call from work during the day to check on Caylee or text message the babysitter, like from "here" at work. She answers yes.....and goes into more of her shpeel. What I am surprised at is it sounds as if the detective is now again doubting as to whether or not she was at work at Universal during the time Caylee has been taken. I know he probably caught himself immediately after he said it in his own mind, but that is what I think I heard him say on the tape. I can certainly understand as she has been running these guys in circles just trying to get first base.

bold is mine
I think I know exactly what the poster means. She admitted she didn't work there when she walked down the hall, finally. They went into an office to interview her and during the interview at times she acted as if she still worked there and at times she admitted she didn't. If you listen, it is fascinating.

It is fascinating to see how she inhabits her lies. A totally fabricated world but real to her.

I still think there IS something about THAT particular date...Think about it. She knew EXACTLY how many days Caylee had been missing? Did she keep count in her mind each day? Did she mark it on a calender? If THAT was the case, she would see that from the 9th was MORE than 31 days...There is STILL something very suspicious to me about the 9th, and her having the count of days down so pat and yet GETTING THE DATE WRONG...
Actually that's correct because if you add up the 31 days from the 9th; it equals the 15July. So that is why all three had to use that date. It's a big problem. Even more so; LE is still going with the 9th which possibly tells me they also do not believe the FathersDay story; until I hear confirmation that they were there on FathersDay, the 15th then I can't believe them. I wish I could but I cannot.:(

Why would LE release the tapes of the interviews? Could it be they read forums/blogs and hope that others hearing the tapes will give them some insight into this case? Maybe they thought the tapes would be listened to by more people, compared to those who read the 400 pg document.

I don't understand this.

Maybe Casey has Multiple Personality Disorder and she and Zenaida are one and the same.

Isabelle,
Ray'sMom

No. I worked with a lot of "MPD" (now it's called DID) cases in the mid-80s. It's MUCH rarer than is generally known, and is even thought to be iatrogenic (doctor-caused) by many shrinks.

I saw at least five dozen diagnoses cases. In EVERY case, the actual diagnosis turned out to be borderline personality disorder. Borderlines are very suggestable. So, wheh a shrink alluded to MPD, the patient just ran with it.

Here are some considerations:
-- DID only exists in the United States (or that was the case when I was working)
-- The famous "Sybil" was no longer a multi, after she changed therapists.
-- The famous "Eve" was also cured after she changed therapists.
-- Every case that came to us lost the "alters" when they changed therapists.

One other thing:
-- A real case would show a lot of "losing time" and "getting lost" in fairly early childhod. The symptoms would be hard to miss. It does not spring into being in adulthood,

One really nasty thing:
-- In the cases we received, the diganosis often went by the maximum psych benefit on the insurance policy. A max of $25K often yielded a diagnosis of depression. A million dollar max patient was often diagnoses MPD. Most of the time, the problem was actually personality disorder.

BTW-- One then-famous "celebrity hospital" in Los Angeles lost its psych licensure because it cranked out so much "MPD." Patients were given sodium amytal "interveiws," and suggestions were actually planted in patients minds.

About ten years after this disgnostic fad faded, "Sixty Minutes" did a segment on the lawsuits filed by the patients who were misdiagnosed and inappropriately treated.

I'm not saying DID doesn't exist. I'm saying I worked for a very large medical case management company, and we never saw a real case.

I noticed that too.

(snipped) I do wish they would've let her answer some of those questions they did ask. Great questions but ummm let's hear the answer lol!

Speaking for myself, I know they did their best and their best is excellent, I just wish I could've heard Casey respond more.

They have been to the NG tutorial series on the fine art of cross examining?

Don't get me wrong, cannot wait for NG tonight!!!!!!!!

bold is mine

It is fascinating to see how she inhabits her lies. A totally fabricated world but real to her.

It is fascinating...And I think she just says it as she goes. Not verything she says is a planned lie..It just comes out of her mouth "as is".

I think it was a precise date where they could coordinate stories and perhaps exclude possibilities from outsiders to the family. They failed to mention the fathers day visit with Great grandparents and even Cindy was adamant to LE not to involve the great great grandparents iirc. Being in LE previously and not dumb, George would have been smart enough I believe to make sure the date wouldn't correspond to relevant telephone records.

What really strikes me about these recordings is that when they accuse her of hurting or killing Caylee, Casey never says anything like, "Are you crazy? I love my daughter more than anything in the world and I would NEVER hurt her in any way. EVER! I am DESPERATE to find her. I need you to help me find her!" If someone accused me of something like that - even about my dogs, much less my child, I would be competely and totally irate.
Its hard because many times she sits there and actually says "Mmm Hmmm"
I have a problem with that!!
:eek:

Actually that's correct because if you add up the 31 days from the 9th; it equals the 15July. So that is why all three had to use that date. It's a big problem. Even more so; LE is still going with the 9th which possibly tells me they also do not believe the FathersDay story; until I hear confirmation that they were there on FathersDay, the 15th then I can't believe them. I wish I could but I cannot.:(

LE verified with the nursing home (or whatever) that they went to and it's listed on the logs. So I believe the Father's Day thing based on that point. Please don't ask me for a link lol. I know others are also aware of this verification. I'm the queen of doubt but I'm certain of this fact.

31 days back from July 15th is June 15th or 16th depending on how many days are in June, not June 9th.

I noticed that too...nobody ever seemed to say, Oh yeah, since you were not working HERE, where EXACTLY were you working? hmmmm???? It was not a good omission.

I wish they would have asked where she was working.
- and -
Why didn't she go back and put gas in the car since she needed it to search for Caylee.

They have been to the NG tutorial series on the fine art of cross examining?

Don't get me wrong, cannot wait for NG tonight!!!!!!!!

LOL Possibly!

I have a mostly love/little hate relationship with NG because of that!

No. I worked with a lot of "MPD" (now it's called DID) cases in the mid-80s. It's MUCH rarer than is generally known, and is even thought to be iatrogenic (doctor-caused) by many shrinks.

I saw at least five dozen diagnoses cases. In EVERY case, the actual diagnosis was borderline personality disorder. Borderlines are very suggestable. So, wheh a shrink alluded to MPD, the patient just ran with it.

Here are some considerations:
--DID only exists in the United States (or that was the case when I was working)
-- The famous "Sybil" was no longer a multi, after she changed therapists.
-- The famous "Eve" was also cured after she changed therapists.
-- Every case that came to us lost the "alters" when they changed therapists.

One other thing:
-- A real case would show a lot of "losing time" and "getting lost" in fairly early childhod. The symptoms would be hard to miss. It does not spring into being in adulthood,

One really nasty thing:
-- In the cases we received, the diganosis seemed to go by the maximum psych benefit on the insurance policy. A max of $25K often yielded a diagnosis of depression. A million dollar max patient was often diagnoses MPD. Most of the time, the problem was actually personality disorder.

Thats very interesting Brini. Are you saying that there are no Mental disorders where the person actually loses time like we think of in a Sybil type disorder? Or are you saying its very rare but IF it were the case, there would be more of a history of KC losing time and not remembering things and such?

LE verified with the nursing home (or whatever) that they went to and it's listed on the logs. So I believe the Father's Day thing based on that point. Please don't ask me for a link lol. I know others are also aware of this verification. I'm the queen of doubt but I'm certain of this fact.

They were only aware and followed up on that date because of pictures found on a camera in the house with Caylee on that date. That I believe was a big error by the family, otherwise we and LE would be none the wiser to the actual date of disappearence. If that date were to stick, then none of the information gleaned from the 16th would have come up. One person said she walked with Caylee and Casey on the 12, 13, or 14th but was unsure of the actual date. In court, that would have never passed muster.

I know we have read these interviews before, but having listened to them, and witnessing in real life, I am speechless. She does not even understanding that she is not being believed. She has no idea that these investigators do not believe her. She really feels she is just giving a statement and will be off the hook. I can't really describe what I feel like she is lacking, as far as social skills, or reality. Like a total inability to ...I can't put my finger on it. Can somebody help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip