Casey Interview Recordings Released Discussion

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if Im wrong, but Ive seen other posters on here say that instead of "Happy Fathers day" written on the card in the pic (or video) from Fathers day, it actually says "Happy Birthday" but her Grandfathers birthday is in October........did we ever clear this fact up?

Enabling that behavior would not happen in my family, or my siblings; families. Period.

I'm hoping someone can answer this question, it's been bothering me all night.

Was Casey arrested before or after these interviews?

When was she read her rights?

Miranda rights are a big deal and if she wasn't under arrest while she was showing them around Universal, something tells me she wasn't read her rights.

If she wasn't, I'm not so sure these tapes will be heard in a court room. There is usually a time stamp written on the miranda card. JB will question when he tries to surpress it, if it was signed after the interview, then he has a good shot at having that motion granted.

Does anyone know the exact rules on this in florida?

I was wondering about this. Anyone ever said if she was read her rights prior to this interview. They seemed to go out of their way to tell her the door was open and she could leave at the beginning at Universal.

I have been at work all day and am just catching up, but I agree with this completely. They should have just let her talk and asked some open ended questions and let her sit there until she gave an answer.

These cops know what they are doing, but it was kind of frustrating that they kept cutting her off.

If wonder if there are more interview tapes. Casey said she spent 24 hours with them.

But, KC lies.

I'm hoping someone can answer this question, it's been bothering me all night.

Was Casey arrested before or after these interviews?

When was she read her rights?

Miranda rights are a big deal and if she wasn't under arrest while she was showing them around Universal, something tells me she wasn't read her rights.

If she wasn't, I'm not so sure these tapes will be heard in a court room. There is usually a time stamp written on the miranda card. JB will question when he tries to surpress it, if it was signed after the interview, then he has a good shot at having that motion granted.

Does anyone know the exact rules on this in florida?
She wasn't under arrest, she was told she was free to leave at any time, and at this point she wasn't being called a POI.

She was just the mother of a missing child who brought LE to what she told them was her workplace, in an effort to document what turned out to be a lie.

My Lord, this thread is over 1000 posts. I gotta throw in my quick impressions. Just finished the tapes.

I read the document as I listened to the audio to make it more real. Fascinating!

I think she sounds just like Cindy, which is her right as a daughter. They both draw a word out when they are thinking of how they want to word something ' Just Right '.

Notable Caseyisms.
"It's the backwards way of looking."
"I have perspective ideas" (huh?)
"I've been running in circles Literally" Ummm, around the pole at Fusion?
"I'm sorry I've given you the runaround" No ! Like you send someone to the store for cat food when you had already picked it up yourself.

I loved how she had carefully thought out the phone situation and expertly told the detective all this cr*p she thought she knew about phone records.

'my phone only stores 20 messages' to possible try to dissuade him from troubling himself into looking at any phone records. He came right back that the record would be with her carrier. ha. ha.

And finally, the lie that she is a runner. That her mom didn't want her to run in that park anymore because a girl was murdered there, and where she might run, gag me with a spoon. Oh excuse me, she does run, to every guy that'll have her.

KC? regular exercise?

Just the Horizontal Mambo!

I got chills listening because I finally realized what they have been saying about no attachment. She wasn't attached to the baby, it's not that important that she's lost. She can't understand that anyone besides her mother will be upset or wonder where she is. I am just floored listening to these tapes. She really did think she was going to just tell them her story, go home and that would be the end of it. Is this a bad dream? Can someone wake me up???

I've been thinking we slipped through a time warp, into the Bizarro Universe, or something.

From the sound of the frantic 911 calls, I highly doubt Cindy has anything to do with Caylee's disapperence. If so, she should be nominated for an Oscar.....

There is no ZG...Casey is the ONLY one who knows what she did with Caylee.

I don't think she knew at the TIME.

But, yes, I think KC did it alone.

Could it be they celebrated Father's Day
with the great grandfather on June 9th? ie video

And with George on June 15th? ie family argument

:confused:

The photos they got from one of the computers has a date stamp of june 15th (photo of Caylee and the great-grandpa). I read the 400+ page report and the computer forensics state those datestamps were put on there by the camera itself.

Also, CA and GA admitted to LE later they got their dates wrong and in fact the last day they saw Caylee was June 15th during the trip to see the great-grandpa.

On top of all this, the staff of the home the great grandpa resides, told LE they remember Caylee being there that day. IIRC, there was a sign in sheet as well and Cindy signed herself in that day.....

i'm only on page 7 of the comments but listening to tape 1. this whole thing is completely bizarre. she's so calm. :yuck: 'no sir. no sir. no sir.' personality disorder much? :whistle:

I was wondering about this. Anyone ever said if she was read her rights prior to this interview. They seemed to go out of their way to tell her the door was open and she could leave at the beginning at Universal.

At the beginning of the conversation the detectives told her that she was free to go and didn't have to answer so she did this on her own will… no one forced her

And it was after that they searched the yard and car. I ask, what was found when the Anthonys did their own search in the backyard, moving pavers, hibiscus trees, and the playhouse?

We will probably never know the answer to that! :furious:

At the beginning of the conversation the detectives told her that she was free to go and didn't have to answer so she did this on her own will… no one forced her

Not only did they tell her, they asked her if she understood that and she said that she did. There is a standard disclaimer that they have to give in tapes, asking the person if they were coerced or bribed or threatened in any way. I didn't hear that on the Casey tapes. I hope that doesn't create a probalem, but we all know it will.

I don't think she knew at the TIME.

But, yes, I think KC did it alone.

Good point. I think at the present moment, the Anthony's know more than they are letting on. I wouldn't be surprised if Casey told them most everything.

It is quite odd GA & CA hired a criminal def attrny for themselves....

Well, I'm working through this thread, so someone may have already suggested this. She knew Ryan P. that long per the 400 page document, but I don't think they were ever romantically involved, but with her, who knows?!?

I think Rick is right. I don't think she knows who the daddy is. Apparently she was very, um, generous with her attentions at a December party.

OH, yes! Guar-ohn-teed!

yepper
bet everything - they will be in.

she was not under arrest

the door was open

she was told she could leave anytime

she was told they were recording this

ITS OVER

prosecutors dream

take your pick

life sentence or death penalty

Status