Casey is indigent? Now what?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole thing makes me a little sad...here the As questioned the representation of their daughter...and what does Baez do...forbid Casey from seeing them...because of the Sunshine Laws...yeah, right. I wonder what's been talked about in those letters.

KC, as an adult has the right to refuse to see her parents and whoever they suggest should be representing her and it may have been her suggestion they be kept at bay. This story is being generated by the parents after all. The more I learn about her parents, the more I understand why she might prefer to sit in solitary with no contact with them actually. :angel:

But I do feel sad for the A`s in that they`re so self absorbed. I`m trying to imagine the lawyers face as they fill him in on the plan to pay him a portion of the licensing fees of who knows what or from a defense fund. A defense fund?? Like KC is Nelson Mandela. :furious:

Exactly how many millions were these people expecting to make off their murdered Grandchild while they lounge around unemployed?

KC, as an adult has the right to refuse to see her parents and whoever they suggest should be representing her and it may have been her suggestion they be kept at bay. This story is being generated by the parents after all. The more I learn about her parents, the more I understand why she might prefer to sit in solitary with no contact with them actually. :angel:

But I do feel sad for the A`s in that they`re so self absorbed. I`m trying to imagine the lawyers face as they fill him in on the plan to pay him a portion of the licensing fees of who knows what or from a defense fund. A defense fund?? Like KC is Nelson Mandela. :furious:

Exactly how many millions were these people expecting to make off their murdered Grandchild while they lounge around unemployed?

I guess you could say we now know why KC only thinks ahead 10 minutes at a time. JMO

My guess is, if a substantial ammount of money did in fact change hands, from the sale of pictures etc, then the Judge will hold JB, LKB and AL feet to the fire. They will have to perform and provide for those services they contracted to perform. ie the defense of KC Anthony.

Morgan: In the course of your time spent here as a public citizen volunteering, did you come to understand that ABC news had given the Anthony’s or Jose Baez money?

JH: I don’t know that to be a fact sir

Morgan: Have you heard that?

JH: Um, I heard that (long pause) that money was given to the Anthony’s? – no. No sir.

Morgan: To anyone?

JH: Um, I had heard that money was given to the attorney for some videos, er I knew it was given to attorney er Casey for some videos that was on ABC news.

Morgan: Jose Baez received money?

JH: I think so, yes. I was told that again, I don’t know

Morgan: And was it $200,000 is that the number you heard?

JH: 200 or 225 I heard both numbers

Morgan: Was passed to Jose Baez by ABC News

JH Yes sir.

Starts at 1:30 mark [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPxMjZ6mTDE&feature=related[/ame]

I wonder if Hoover "heard" this news and amount from Dom Casey or the Anthonys? I vote Dom. The question now is what made D.Casey think he was going to receive almost half of it?
Where's my pencil. Let's see - money to Baez, money to the Anthonys, money to Casey for her snacks - hmmm. Nope, not a hope Dom - where else was money coming from?

Have a look at this tape- at 2.58 CA is questioning Casey as to how Baez is advising her- she tells Casey he is in New YOrk, CAsey says she knows, he is there doing some business for her.
$$$$ for transactions, with media for his fees.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3xJi0Lu_fc[/ame]

KC is indigent? I don't know why that is such a surprise. As an adult the A's have no legal responsibility to financially assist KC in her defense, and it was pretty obvious even at the first that they couldn't even if they wished to. Being unemployed, KC wouldn't have money herself, no matter what she might have promised JB. And he would have/should have found out all of this right from the beginning.

Yet early on it became obvious that plans were that this was going to be a media case IMO. That became obvious IMO when the defense hired a press release company right away. They do more than issue press releases, they also represent the attorneys in negotions for media appearances. And JB has made more than his share of them. Also early on, the "licensing rights" for pictures were sold. So they have had funds to present the case. Don't know what they have done with them.

The sad part is that if the defense is out of funds and fails to do a proper job in defense, KC can use that in an appeal of her case if she is convicted. That part stinks. It could mean that KC would go to trial next year, have her case overturned in the next 5 years and be retried sometime after that.

KC is indigent? I don't know why that is such a surprise. As an adult the A's have no legal responsibility to financially assist KC in her defense, and it was pretty obvious even at the first that they couldn't even if they wished to. Being unemployed, KC wouldn't have money herself, no matter what she might have promised JB. And he would have/should have found out all of this right from the beginning.

Yet early on it became obvious that plans were that this was going to be a media case IMO. That became obvious IMO when the defense hired a press release company right away. They do more than issue press releases, they also represent the attorneys in negotions for media appearances. And JB has made more than his share of them. Also early on, the "licensing rights" for pictures were sold. So they have had funds to present the case. Don't know what they have done with them.

The sad part is that if the defense is out of funds and fails to do a proper job in defense, KC can use that in an appeal of her case if she is convicted. That part stinks. It could mean that KC would go to trial next year, have her case overturned in the next 5 years and be retried sometime after that.

I would vote for the death sentence for her, but as long as she is locked up that will do...

I agree with pretty much everything you say...but ya have to wonder why she'd go against AL's party line and not have her family involved. A couple of things stick out in my mind...I remember that visit the As had when JB was out of town...how Casey said she wasn't supposed to be talking to them. I also remember the letter to the sheriff that she wrote. She wanted to see her father. Was that the visit where George was turned away? My gut just tells me JB didn't want Casey talking with her family for reasons other than the obvious. He saw the same interviews we did. He knew the As were not pleased with Casey's choice. I do think the As are worried that Casey's not getting the best defense possible and it's gonna get her killed. They may not like all of this...they may even have taken advanatage of this horrible situation...but they don't want Casey dead. JMO

Yes, this is becoming (how can that be?) messier than even before. She is entitle to a defense - NOT the best defense money can buy (or publicity for that matter) she is entitled to competent defense - so it is on the defense if they fail to notify the court timely that she is indigent. The defendant is entitled to representation, and there are I assume public defenders or court appointed defense attorneys in Florida. Waiting does no one in the case any good - it does not serve justice. So I wonder will this case be subjected to yet another lenghthy continuance when the dream team pulls out prematurely (yes, I'm laughing too) and then requests a long continuance to bring new counsel up to speed????? Probably. No one seems concerned how long KC sits in jail awaiting trial......I don't care. So it's all kinda just a big bonus to me. KC sits in jail, everyone involved goes broke (or gets rich as seems to be the case) and we still have a trial to look forward to someday.....my concern is - will little Caylee be forgotten in all this manuvering? Her name is brought up less and less and is replaced by the names of her mother's legal counsel, publicity reps, grandparents vacations, witnesses, etc,. I guess my point is KC can keep rotting, I can wait.

Seems someone will soon sell their soul to the devil, or has already. I only pray this doesn't complicate this trial. I do not want to see a mistrial, in any way, shape or form.

Justice for Caylee
Snipped -

GA already sold his soul and even stated something to the effect of, he would sell his soul to the devil to free KC. Well he sure managed to do that, but KC isn't going anywhere :loser:
A lot of the players in this game, especially the A's, sold their souls long ago when they tossed Caylee aside and lied, hindered the investigation, tampered with evidence...etc.. all to protect the murderer of an innocent toddler.

It's one thing to love your daughter and be there for her unconditionally, but it's another thing to not only condone her actions, but aid in deterring the investigation by lying and making up stories.

The only people who do not want justice for Caylee is her own family. It's the most disgusting thing I've ever seen.

Yes, this is becoming (how can that be?) messier than even before. She is entitle to a defense - NOT the best defense money can buy (or publicity for that matter) she is entitled to competent defense - so it is on the defense if they fail to notify the court timely that she is indigent. The defendant is entitled to representation, and there are I assume public defenders or court appointed defense attorneys in Florida. Waiting does no one in the case any good - it does not serve justice. So I wonder will this case be subjected to yet another lenghthy continuance when the dream team pulls out prematurely (yes, I'm laughing too) and then requests a long continuance to bring new counsel up to speed????? Probably. No one seems concerned how long KC sits in jail awaiting trial......I don't care. So it's all kinda just a big bonus to me. KC sits in jail, everyone involved goes broke (or gets rich as seems to be the case) and we still have a trial to look forward to someday.....my concern is - will little Caylee be forgotten in all this manuvering? Her name is brought up less and less and is replaced by the names of her mother's legal counsel, publicity reps, grandparents vacations, witnesses, etc,. I guess my point is KC can keep rotting, I can wait.

It is an interesting dynamic to see Casey getting the exact treatment she gave other people her entire adult life - she is being used for money and attention by the defense, and she'll be left high and dry when she's of no more value to them. Amazing Karma.

What I find interesting about the A's is that they expect to get everything for nothing. They want free advise from attorneys, they want free help from PI's, they want someone else to pay for their daughter's defense and they want someone else to pay for their daughter's crime. They must have been Royals in a prior life. JMO

What I find interesting about the A's is that they expect to get everything for nothing. They want free advise from attorneys, they want free help from PI's, they want someone else to pay for their daughter's defense and they want someone else to pay for their daughter's crime. They must have been Royals in a prior life. JMO

Yes, LambChop.....it is a condition called Anthonyonics. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

..i still think it should be against the law, rules, whatever, to sell pictures of the murdered victim---------to raise money to pay for the defense of the (accused) MURDERER of that victim.

..it would be like a jewel thief---selling the stolen jewels to pay his lawyer to defend him (?) it just doesn't seem ethical to me.

..( oh wait----------the anthony's have been doing this---------ok, i see where ethical , and moral, doesn't come into play.)

You're absolutely right! Her name is Caylee. This is about her!!

oxoxoxo

It is an interesting dynamic to see Casey getting the exact treatment she gave other people her entire adult life - she is being used for money and attention by the defense, and she'll be left high and dry when she's of no more value to them. Amazing Karma.

Yup. At least KC will get guaranteed food and lodging for the rest of her life. Pffft.

Caylee had a yet un-realized life of opportunity ahead of her and did not even get to be 3 years old. Such a short life yet so much potential. It would have been priceless to see her personality and character grow over time.

KC had already squandered more of her life in lies, deceit, theft, trickery and, wasted opportunities than the time Caylee was with us on Earth. KC deserves to be indigent and forgotten. She worked hard at that. IMO.

Yup. At least KC will get guaranteed food and lodging for the rest of her life. Pffft.

Caylee had a yet un-realized life of opportunity ahead of her and did not even get to be 3 years old. Such a short life yet so much potential. It would have been priceless to see her personality and character grow over time.

KC had already squandered more of her life in lies, deceit, theft, trickery and, wasted opportunities than the time Caylee was with us on Earth. KC deserves to be indigent and forgotten. She worked hard at that. IMO.

That is the hardest part, Caylee's potential. KC is already of an age that you can pretty much see how her life was headed. But Caylee, it was different. She could have headed in her mother's direction. Or she could have overcome her parentage. She could have grown up to be a productive citizen, married and raised a family. She could have become a public leader, a renowned scientist or teacher or medical professional. She could have been fated to save someone's life in some future time. But now the world is without her. And with her future now ended, it is the world's loss.

That is the hardest part, Caylee's potential. KC is already of an age that you can pretty much see how her life was headed. But Caylee, it was different. She could have headed in her mother's direction. Or she could have overcome her parentage. She could have grown up to be a productive citizen, married and raised a family. She could have become a public leader, a renowned scientist or teacher or medical professional. She could have been fated to save someone's life in some future time. But now the world is without her. And with her future now ended, it is the world's loss.

You know what the saddest part is? We all see that, and that people that should have seen it and never did are her own family. They should have fought for a life full of great potential like Caylee's, and instead, they kowtowed and still do to Casey's life that was and is full of nothing and going nowhere. That is what kills the me the most about the A's. They are so willing to try and make millions off of their dead granddaughter and besmirch her memory for it, all to save the one who ended her life and has made their lives miserable for YEARS. It makes me sick to my stomach. I don't know how they can sleep at night.

I'm glad Casey's indigent, and I'm glad it's probably going to affect her defense and make her go down even harder. I really hope mom and dad's money train is drying up, and I hope they get put in jail after the trial. This family deserves nothing less than to suffer together in jail for the rest of their days. I think of that angelic face, that potential, precious life wasted, and I keep asking WHY?

Sadly, I don't think I'll ever get an answer to that question...I just have to stick it out until Justice is served for Caylee!

Are convicted felons allowed to have a non profit organization? I doubt they will ever work in nursing or LE again, so the penalty for perjury could be very protracted and perpetual, indeed.

Are convicted felons allowed to have a non profit organization? I doubt they will ever work in nursing or LE again, so the penalty for perjury could be very protracted and perpetual, indeed.

It probably depends on the laws of the state they live in but I wouldn't think a felon should be able to own a business. I know they can't in some states. I don't know about Florida though. Maybe someone from Florida will know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharlafields