(Casey) Johnson & Johnson Heiress Dies

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It seemed like the whole relationship was just for show, or Tila thought by marrying an heiress she'd be getting alot of money.

An interview with Casey. She doesn't seem like an airhead, like Paris.

[video=youtube;4TPWl01veyA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TPWl01veyA[/video]

Her family had cut her off financially.

Though friends believed the incident would force Johnson to turn her life around, more familial turmoil was ahead for the celebutante. Her father cut off her trust fund and her mother, Sale Johnson, took custody of her 3-year-old daughter, Ava-Monroe (named after Marilyn Monroe), after Johnson repeatedly failed to clean up her act and was discovered to be living in squalor, the New York Post reported last month.

http://www.seattlepi.com/tvguide/413854_tvgif5.html
...while i have no idea what casey's day-to-day life was like, or how her diabetes may or may not have contributed to her death, to me, the knowledge that her family had disowned her-- that tells it ALL. that hurts to the bone and destroys one's will to live, whether or not it is "deserved." i have an alcoholic brother who the rest of my family long ago disowned- to SOME extent i fully understand, but i (after 3 weeks of tracking him down thru old HS friends on FB) finally found him and he called me on Christmas, and he said i "had no idea how much he felt like 'going on living' since i [his sister] had taken the time to let him know that, no matter his flaws (not my words-- his), he knew someone still loved and cared about him"- which i do. nothing hurts worse than being 'given up on,' imo.

I am a little confused. was Tila Tequila on something? Last she spoke with Casey was 12/28? :waitasec:
they were engaged, when she did not hear from her by the 30th just before NEW YEARS EVE shouldn't she have driven over to see if she is OK - I mean this girl did have diabetes, where is the care?
Wouldn'T they have planed to see each other on New Years? :waitasec: Something is strange I think...

WHY WAS HER BODY FOUND ON 1/4 on Monday?
Can someone help me out on this? it is too strange, lovers especially just before the New Year do talk, or at least rush over to see if anything is wrong.
Song, I agree. If they "were in love", why did it take so long for her body to be discovered? Wouldn't they see each other on NY Eve? Something is not right here. don't know what yet, not that I suspect foul play, it's just wierd that NO ONE talked to her for days?
Maybe that's the way life goes when drugs are involved.
The autopsy will help us understand.:waitasec:

Since all metabolism stops at time of death, a simple blood test would have been done at the autopsy to determine the blood glucose level at the time of death.
That would tell whether she died from hypoglycemia.

I'm sorry but the amount of misinformation about diabetes is astounding. I'm a Type I diabetic and, even if I party all night and don't take my insulin I'm not going to die. Chances are that I'll wake up with a blood sugar reading somewhere in the 400-500's, but I had those numbers the day I was diagnosed and I was fine. Even 6 year olds who are diagnosed with numbers as high as 1200(!) are able to be saved.

Now, if she HAD taken her insulin and then drank alcohol, then she is presenting her body with 2 things that can actually lower your blood sugars. Once your blood sugars begin to get down around 30-40 you start to lose consciousness, and anything 20's or lower can place you into a diabetic coma, which can turn into death in a matter of hours.

Now, if it is true that she had not been taking her meds for a long time, and was not seeing a licensed endocrinologist as part of her care, then, over the course of time (years, or so) she could begin to develop severe heart and kidney problems as a result of very high blood sugar levels. I would assume, however, that the autopsy would show if any of these organs were harmed.

It's my little soap box, I guess, but it drives me crazy, as an insulin-dependent diabetic, to see the media talk about things before they understand them. I'll step down now. :D

I feel ya! I get the same way when people discuss Bipolar- or Psychosis like they know what they are saying. When in reality it's clear they have no clue wtf they are even talking about! Frustrating.

...while i have no idea what casey's day-to-day life was like, or how her diabetes may or may not have contributed to her death, to me, the knowledge that her family had disowned her-- that tells it ALL. that hurts to the bone and destroys one's will to live, whether or not it is "deserved." i have an alcoholic brother who the rest of my family long ago disowned- to SOME extent i fully understand, but i (after 3 weeks of tracking him down thru old HS friends on FB) finally found him and he called me on Christmas, and he said i "had no idea how much he felt like 'going on living' since i [his sister] had taken the time to let him know that, no matter his flaws (not my words-- his), he knew someone still loved and cared about him"- which i do. nothing hurts worse than being 'given up on,' imo.

I don't think they were "giving up" on her, it sounds more like they were trying to help her hit bottom sooner rather than later... while alive rather than dead.

I think you are probably right, and that's what LE is thinking, too.

"She was still suffering from diabetes and she was still on diabetic medications," a police source with knowledge of the situation tells PEOPLE. "The speculation is she came home after a night of partying and passed out without taking her meds or her insulin and that was the end of her."
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20334529,00.html

I have a Diabetic husband. It is not just about taking your meds. You also have to eat. At these parties I doubt if they are diabetic friendly foods? so sad. She was 30 so young, this is very sad.
I also have an Aunt who is Diabetic, Insulin dependent and when her only son died in an accident her Diabetes got so out of control they had to gve her an Insulin pump, she was so upset. I think Diabetics get more upset about things. Maybe she was upset about her situation?

Tila was into Casey Johnson only for whatever publicity and exposure and possibly $ she thought it was going to bring her.

I don't think they were "giving up" on her, it sounds more like they were trying to help her hit bottom sooner rather than later... while alive rather than dead.
I agree that her family didn't act in a hateful manner and I am sure they most certainly did not want her to end up dead. I know that people get sick and tired of trying to help family members when they seem to make NO effort to help themselves, esp. when the person is a grownup who apparently has put drugs/drama ahead of their own child. And yet... that being said... I still find it incredibly sad that Casey died alone. "Waiting/watching" for a loved one to 'hit bottom' CAN work; there are many people who finally do just that and finally straighten up, which is great. But some people- whether it's due to continued substance abuse and/or mental health issues combined with serious depression- they just lack the 'tools'/focus/desire to even BEGIN climbing out of their "holes." People say, "Yeah, well, so-and-so put him- or herself IN that hole to begin with," and that is undoubtedly true in 99.999% of cases. Many times this is when families cut ties, with the idea that "I am not going to watch you slowly kill yourself," and this idea is also understandable. Addicts (and addiction of some type is almost always a factor) are not endearing or trustworthy; many lie, steal or even become downright scary to be around. By the time an addict is deep into his downward spiral, he/she is usually full of self-loathing and denial and past all reason, so the family's 'ultimatums' by then are falling on ears that are stone deaf. Also, by this time the 'black sheep' is consumed with his own interior monologue full of extremely negative thoughts like: "I hate myself. No one loves me. I have screwed up, gone too far this time, there's no use, no one trusts me anymore, I will never be able to make things right... Death would be a relief" and so on. Yes, there is a 'pity party' ring to this train (trainwreck?) of thought, but if the addict is is any way intelligent, there ARE real feelings of deep regret and worthlessness as he starts to hit his TRUE 'bottom.' But by then, he has screwed up so badly that he literally has NO IDEA how to begin
'making things right'- so, he or she doesn't seem to change at all. In fact, his worst habits/behaviors may even worsen... he thinks of his family, "Screw them! They aren't perfect! They want to label me a (junkie/drunk/bum/liar/loser, etc), so I may as well live up to it!" But on the inside, this person is in severe emotional AGONY, full of self-hatred and loneliness and pain so deep that it hurts to even breathe. Then this person will seeks out ways to feel completely numb; ironically, it seems that he is trying to make life one big fun party, while it actually turns into a slow suicide. Some families stage interventions, which imo should always be attempted before "giving up" on an addict. No matter how angry the person is, ultimately they feel good on the inside, because at least someone cared enough to set it up. It's a lot easier to begin to recover if (as in the TV show "Intervention') it is already set up with a place to go, bus ticket, PLANS. A full-blown addict is in no shape to organize rehab details. I wonder if Casey's family staged an intervention for her. I wonder if her family tried to get her inpatient help/intensive counseling/etc.? I wonder how her loss of custody re. her daughter was handled? Or, how her trust fund was cut off, and with what words/threats/attitude? How was her sexuality dealt with? Was she on antidepressants/what was her true mental state? Well, most of it will remain a mystery to the public, I'm sure. I know I'm O/T and rambling, but I wonder if her family is truly devastated, or are some of them somewhat... relieved? I DON'T mean to imply that they are monsters; I just wonder if she was really understood or loved for who she was. There is a beautiful quote by Mother Theresa where she said that, when we die, we will not be judged by our education or our possessions. Instead, [she wrote], "We will be judged by: I was hungry and you fed me; I was naked and you clothed me; I was homeless and you took me in. Hungry not only for bread, BUT HUNGRY FOR LOVE. Naked not only for a suit of clothes, BUT NAKED OF HUMAN DIGNITY AND RESPECT. Homeless not only for want of a room of bricks, BUT HOMELESS BECAUSE OF REJECTION."
(forgive me if the exact wording is imperfect, I did this from memory, but the quote is online on many sites-) But anyway... I have always loved this quote because she really hit the nail on the head; it's all well and good to feed, clothe, or shelter someone, but we human beings have other needs that are just as vital as the need to eat. I said it before and I repeat my opinion: REJECTION hurts and it can also kill. So, when does one feel 'right' about rejecting a family member? (and I am not referring to violent or deranged/dangerous people, just the "family f*ck-ups" who never seem to grow up)- I wonder how many of the rejected act they way they do because of mental illness or because the others "make it clear" ( without saying it outright- that would be rude, lol!) that this 'black sheep' doesn't have the type of education or income coveted by the rest of the family... It's also interesting that, as long as someone EXPECTS disdain/judgment/criticism, they will act out acc. to the 'family script'/live up to their 'label'... but show any signs of true love/concern/compassion, and this same 'loser' will be a joy to be around because HE KNOWS HE IS LOVED.

I agree that her family didn't act in a hateful manner and I am sure they most certainly did not want her to end up dead. I know that people get sick and tired of trying to help family members when they seem to make NO effort to help themselves, esp. when the person is a grownup who apparently has put drugs/drama ahead of their own child. And yet... that being said... I still find it incredibly sad that Casey died alone. "Waiting/watching" for a loved one to 'hit bottom' CAN work; there are many people who finally do just that and finally straighten up, which is great. But some people- whether it's due to continued substance abuse and/or mental health issues combined with serious depression- they just lack the 'tools'/focus/desire to even BEGIN climbing out of their "holes." People say, "Yeah, well, so-and-so put him- or herself IN that hole to begin with," and that is undoubtedly true in 99.999% of cases. Many times this is when families cut ties, with the idea that "I am not going to watch you slowly kill yourself," and this idea is also understandable. Addicts (and addiction of some type is almost always a factor) are not endearing or trustworthy; many lie, steal or even become downright scary to be around. By the time an addict is deep into his downward spiral, he/she is usually full of self-loathing and denial and past all reason, so the family's 'ultimatums' by then are falling on ears that are stone deaf. Also, by this time the 'black sheep' is consumed with his own interior monologue full of extremely negative thoughts like: "I hate myself. No one loves me. I have screwed up, gone too far this time, there's no use, no one trusts me anymore, I will never be able to make things right... Death would be a relief" and so on. Yes, there is a 'pity party' ring to this train (trainwreck?) of thought, but if the addict is is any way intelligent, there ARE real feelings of deep regret and worthlessness as he starts to hit his TRUE 'bottom.' But by then, he has screwed up so badly that he literally has NO IDEA how to begin
'making things right'- so, he or she doesn't seem to change at all. In fact, his worst habits/behaviors may even worsen... he thinks of his family, "Screw them! They aren't perfect! They want to label me a (junkie/drunk/bum/liar/loser, etc), so I may as well live up to it!" But on the inside, this person is in severe emotional AGONY, full of self-hatred and loneliness and pain so deep that it hurts to even breathe. Then this person will seeks out ways to feel completely numb; ironically, it seems that he is trying to make life one big fun party, while it actually turns into a slow suicide. Some families stage interventions, which imo should always be attempted before "giving up" on an addict. No matter how angry the person is, ultimately they feel good on the inside, because at least someone cared enough to set it up. It's a lot easier to begin to recover if (as in the TV show "Intervention') it is already set up with a place to go, bus ticket, PLANS. A full-blown addict is in no shape to organize rehab details. I wonder if Casey's family staged an intervention for her. I wonder if her family tried to get her inpatient help/intensive counseling/etc.? I wonder how her loss of custody re. her daughter was handled? Or, how her trust fund was cut off, and with what words/threats/attitude? How was her sexuality dealt with? Was she on antidepressants/what was her true mental state? Well, most of it will remain a mystery to the public, I'm sure. I know I'm O/T and rambling, but I wonder if her family is truly devastated, or are some of them somewhat... relieved? I DON'T mean to imply that they are monsters; I just wonder if she was really understood or loved for who she was. There is a beautiful quote by Mother Theresa where she said that, when we die, we will not be judged by our education or our possessions. Instead, [she wrote], "We will be judged by: I was hungry and you fed me; I was naked and you clothed me; I was homeless and you took me in. Hungry not only for bread, BUT HUNGRY FOR LOVE. Naked not only for a suit of clothes, BUT NAKED OF HUMAN DIGNITY AND RESPECT. Homeless not only for want of a room of bricks, BUT HOMELESS BECAUSE OF REJECTION."
(forgive me if the exact wording is imperfect, I did this from memory, but the quote is online on many sites-) But anyway... I have always loved this quote because she really hit the nail on the head; it's all well and good to feed, clothe, or shelter someone, but we human beings have other needs that are just as vital as the need to eat. I said it before and I repeat my opinion: REJECTION hurts and it can also kill. So, when does one feel 'right' about rejecting a family member? (and I am not referring to violent or deranged/dangerous people, just the "family f*ck-ups" who never seem to grow up)- I wonder how many of the rejected act they way they do because of mental illness or because the others "make it clear" ( without saying it outright- that would be rude, lol!) that this 'black sheep' doesn't have the type of education or income coveted by the rest of the family... It's also interesting that, as long as someone EXPECTS disdain/judgment/criticism, they will act out acc. to the 'family script'/live up to their 'label'... but show any signs of true love/concern/compassion, and this same 'loser' will be a joy to be around because HE KNOWS HE IS LOVED.

Somewhat O/T, but.....

Your post is so RIGHT ON. I've been through these things EXACTLY with my alcoholic sister. This past August, I cut off contact with her, I 'had enough', and a week later she had a brain injury (from falling [or being pushed by her boyfriend??]). I looked at her in that hospital bed.....head shaved, tubes draining blood off her brain, after surgery, so tiny and vulnerable. I couldn't stop crying.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR POST. I did me alot of good. :blowkiss: I hope my sister always knows that I love her. :(

I wish you much luck with your brother :blowkiss:

Somewhat O/T, but.....

Your post is so RIGHT ON. I've been through these things EXACTLY with my alcoholic sister. This past August, I cut off contact with her, I 'had enough', and a week later she had a brain injury (from falling [or being pushed by her boyfriend??]). I looked at her in that hospital bed.....head shaved, tubes draining blood off her brain, after surgery, so tiny and vulnerable. I couldn't stop crying.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR POST. I did me alot of good. :blowkiss: I hope my sister always knows that I love her. :(

:hug: I'm sorry your sister got so sick! Addiction is a horrible disease that robs so many lives!

annmarie: thank you X 1,000,000
I feel very sad for Casey and her family. I wish everyone in the world was required to read your words, you're a sensible and compassionate person.
:blowkiss:

BEAUTIFUL HEART TOUCHING POST :blowkiss:

I read in the paper NY POST yesterday that her family was very distraught.
Casey's friends came to get her pooches from Tila, they picked up other things too and her car; and her family said that Tila's posts on twitter about her meeting the family was not true, they had no such plans. They want to know why Tila left her for 6 days with out worrying that something may have happened to her, dead and alone for 6 days, before she was found? does not sound like caring, it sounds like Casey was being used. Who leaves a loved one on a holiday week alone 6 days without checking on them? :furious:

This is a quote from the family:
"she keeps twittering about her grief and her wifey, but we know she is just using Casey's death for her own publicity"
"We all want Casey to be remembered as a classy girl not as someone connected with someone like Tila"
Can not say that I blame them... :(

Casey was broke and owed out a lot of money.

Casey will be flown to New York for a Funeral on Sunday.

I read in the paper NY POST yesterday that her family was very distraught.
Casey's friends came to get her pooches from Tila, they picked up other things too and her car; and her family said that Tila's posts on twitter about her meeting the family was not true, they had no such plans. They want to know why Tila left her for 6 days with out worrying that something may have happened to her, dead and alone for 6 days, before she was found? does not sound like caring, it sounds like Casey was being used. Who leaves a loved one on a holiday week alone 6 days without checking on them? :furious:

This is a quote from the family:
"she keeps twittering about her grief and her wifey, but we know she is just using Casey's death for her own publicity"
"We all want Casey to be remembered as a classy girl not as someone connected with someone like Tila"
Can not say that I blame them... :(

Casey was broke and owed out a lot of money.

Casey will be flown to New York for a Funeral on Sunday.

No one who actually loves someone would leave them like that. Sad..and I feel for her family.

Um, Sheyeah - did any of you see those Tila shows? Unfortunately I did - I couldn't finish watching the second one because it was SO bad but my curiosity was overwhelming on the first one. Tila is a fake; I think the only reason she claims she's "bi" is so that she can be equally opportunistic and that girl will do anything for publicity. She's messed up.

She found a vulnerable hieress and exploited the hell out of the situation. It's so sad for the family and I can't blame them for being angry.

Tila doesn't know what caring is. Hello...sociopath - no boundaries, me, me, ME!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9
Back