Casey Speak ~ Casey Talk ~ Casey Code

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was listening to KCs "interview" yesterday at Universal Studio. It was right after she had taken the detectives to "her place of work" and they were in the room together. THey were asking her about Caylees favorite places to go and of course she was talking about Blanchard Park. The one detective (playing good guy) mentions to her hey, you know that is where there was a murder a while ago. KC answers yes, my mom doesn't want me running there, she doesn't even let me run chickasaw either.

It really struck me that she would mention that trail. Isn't that were Caylees remains were found? I think its another one of her codes, talks, whatevers, that hey, if she happens to be found......

What do you think?

Everything KC says is just strange......"my mom doesn't want me running there"......."she doesn't let me"......it's so easy for KC to slip in and out of still being mommy's little girl, but then she remembers being replaced by Caylee and she sure took care of that. Shrinks are gonna have a field day for years while KC is waiting for appeals to DP.

snipped

this is so true!

I initially took notes while listening to their various interviews...I soon gave up. Between the lies and the inability to put coherent sentences together, the whole family fails grade school.

MOO

Songline, it's getting tiring to repeat over and over that this was discussed HERE in December. SM is not revealing anything that hasn't already been discussed. Do a thread search. I'm sure you'll find it. It was quite illuminating.
Hi deb, I think many point have gone over and over and over and over.
today I was reading a new post about what Caylee was wearing I did not get upset.
If the body was found between 2 homes one owner named Zanaida, and the other Gonzales
there is no issue with talking about that. If there is info that this is NOT correct.
I would like to know that it is not correct.

this isn't gonna be a popular or thanked post, you may want to skip ahead to the next one .... ok but i warned you - i don't think they're talking in code. i think that the weird, vague, convoluted style of speech used by these two makes us think they must be using it to convey hidden messages b/c we can't imagine speaking in this fashion w/o there being something meaningful behind it. i think that if they're speaking any differently from the normal anthony doublebabble they're actually being even broader and more obscure than usual in order to avoid asking or answering anything too directly while still maintaining a comfortable facade of co-operation, helpfulness and openness w/ eachother. there's a whole page of dialogue there but in truth, they managed to say nothing at all.

This sounds so logical to me. Thanks! I just hope I can member this when I get tangled up in their "speak". Trying to untangle it is worse than sittin down with a box of Christmas lights that 7/8yo boys packed up as they took down the tree, last year.:blowkiss:

today I was reading a new post about what Caylee was wearing I did not get upset.
If the body was found between 2 homes one owner named Zanaida, and the other Gonzales
there is no issue with talking about that. If there is info that this is NOT correct.

Weren't the names Fernandez & Gonzalez? I could be wrong but that's what I recall reading. No offense, but I agree with Debs. It was discussed quite a bit and a search would point you to the appropriate threads where you can verify the names and read what was said. It kinda takes the focus off new info and ideas when old stuff is dusted off and dragged out of mothballs. Try doing a search and if you happen to uncover new information associated with the houses and their owners/tenants, please do share :)

This sounds so logical to me. Thanks! I just hope I can member this when I get tangled up in their "speak". Trying to untangle it is worse than sittin down with a box of Christmas lights that 7/8yo boys packed up as they took down the tree, last year.:blowkiss:

Hey, MamaBear, thanks for the analogy of "untangling their speak". That is the concept I had in mind when I started this thread -- not a sophisticated code to be cracked, just trying to figure out the idiosyncracies in the family's communication patterns (particularly Casey's). Christmas lights -- you are wise! Thanks! :blowkiss:

this isn't gonna be a popular or thanked post, you may want to skip ahead to the next one .... ok but i warned you - i don't think they're talking in code. i think that the weird, vague, convoluted style of speech used by these two makes us think they must be using it to convey hidden messages b/c we can't imagine speaking in this fashion w/o there being something meaningful behind it. i think that if they're speaking any differently from the normal anthony doublebabble they're actually being even broader and more obscure than usual in order to avoid asking or answering anything too directly while still maintaining a comfortable facade of co-operation, helpfulness and openness w/ eachother. there's a whole page of dialogue there but in truth, they managed to say nothing at all.

I was re-reading some of the early interviews the other day...I this is exactly what I was thinking.

Like Mamabear said above about the Christmas tree lights, the more you try the harder it gets.

It is almost like they have learned to avoid topics in order to keep peace with each other...or...

That they are living in a fantasy world of their own making. CA with her "doing homework" or out searching, GA with the emotions, KC with the obvious lies. They all seem surprised when no one believes them...or wants more info...

Remember CA with her tantrum "This is not relevant" and she was offended that she wasn't just let off.

They all remind me of 13-15 yo boys...you know the ones that were 7/8 when they tangle the Christmas tree lights with out meaning to...now 6 or so years later their words take you on a merry go round and get you dizzy.

"Did you hit your sister?"

"No"

"Did you punch her"

"No"

etc...

Did you touch her with any part of your body, to make her think you hurt her?

Well....my elbow may have lightly brushed the top of her head...but if she thought it hurt she must have a bruise there already.

After a conversation like this (and this is modified) I get confused...my head is spinning. And that is how I feel after reading the transcripts or listening to this family...and for them it is NORMAL.

I actually had my boys listen to CA's Depo. They couldn't believe what they heard...I told them that is what they do to me sometimes...it helped them understand some things...so I thank CA for that.

Anyway, I think it is just more of a way of life/habit/like they no nothing else.

Weren't the names Fernandez & Gonzalez? I could be wrong but that's what I recall reading. No offense, but I agree with Debs. It was discussed quite a bit and a search would point you to the appropriate threads where you can verify the names and read what was said. It kinda takes the focus off new info and ideas when old stuff is dusted off and dragged out of mothballs. Try doing a search and if you happen to uncover new information associated with the houses and their owners/tenants, please do share :)

It was reported in another thread (about Casey saying "Holt" rather than "home" that Caylee's remains were found between two homes, 4701 and 4709 belonging to a Zenaida and a Gonzalez, respectively. That would be fascinating and shocking if it were true. However, I just pulled up the tax records for 4701 and 4709 Hopespring in Orlando. Neither house is under the name of Zenaida or Gonzalez.

It was reported in another thread (about Casey saying "Holt" rather than "home" that Caylee's remains were found between two homes, 4701 and 4709 belonging to a Zenaida and a Gonzalez, respectively. That would be fascinating and shocking if it were true. However, I just pulled up the tax records for 4701 and 4709 Hopespring in Orlando. Neither house is under the name of Zenaida or Gonzalez.

That thread is a prime example of how this case has become such a puzzle that even obvious, not-so-mysterious things are being turned into mysteries to be decoded.

I know this case is crazy, but sometimes it really is just an 'it is what it is' situation.

I think sometimes we're so desperate to understand all this that we make something out of nothing, and it detracts from the things that really matter.

(No offense to anyone who truly believes that's a code. I just don't...at all.)

If there is a more appropriate place to put this instead of starting a new thread please move.

Knowing what we know now, go back and listen to the jailhouse tapes again.
Early on there was speculation about Casey speaking in code and now I for one believe that we can break these codes. For example, I do believe Casey gave the location of Caylee in the jailhouse tape. Casey says " in my heart I feel (she) is close to home", and she was. She also states in the tapes, "I'm telling everything I know if they would just follow my directions to a T" ( I'm not quoting exact words here), but if you look on a map and start at the anthony house and go staright down suburban then cross over to the woods and then cross over to the abandoned house it makes a T. So I do beleive that there was evidence at the abandoned house. These are just a few things I have picked up on, but I'm still looking.
If anyone is interested in going back over these with what we know now, I would love the discussion. You know they say hind sight is 20/20. We couldn't figure it out before but I think we can now and probably have a pretty good idea of how Cindy knew to send DC to those woods, along with other things.

I'm resorting back to the call that took place between KC and LA on July 26th.. Now that I'm going back and reading this again I have a better understanding with all the recent news dealing with these P.I's possibly ... taking into consideration when MR claims he first called in the tip in August... Shorty after didn't Lee sort of Dissappear? The blue is KC and LA the red are my thoughts.

LEE: Hey Casey are you there

Hey. Yeah I’m here

LEE: Sorry my cell phone reception is terrible

CASEY: It sucks at the house I know

LEE: I still want you to know that you can call me and I’ll try you know get as much out there as I can before anything, what ever dies. I know it s not a good situation , you know what can we do. You know ( What ever dies? Are they refering to Caylee, Maybe KC told LA she knew were Caylee was? )

CASEY: Yeah absolutely

LEE: Um, so do you understand what I was trying to say for that, that you know, you can reach out to them ( Them = P.I's Possible DC & JH?) and they, I know that you said that when we did visitation and I want you to know that you don’t have to necessarily have to put everything through your attorney if you feel like you wanted to speak to them about anything at all, you can still request that he be there, but he doesn’t have to and you don’t have to do that through him

CASEY: Oh I know. But that’s something we had talked about yesterday actually

LEE: Ok good. Do you plan on speaking with any of those guys at all? ( The P.I's?)

CASEY: We’re going to set up a meeting for Monday, Jose was going to think about stuff, how we were going to set things up over the weekend. He was going to be here with me when we bring then in, um, you know and as far as what I answer, how I answer, you know how all that goes down he was going to figure that out this weekend. He was actually going to come up either today or tomorrow and bring a couple of the videos I guess for me to watch from some of the news stuff that’s been going on, I guess some of the talk shows. Just to try to update me on some of the stuff. Plus he wanted me wanted me to get a good laugh. ( Maybe JB was careful as to what KC was allowed to tell the P.I.'s incase they came forward any time in the future?)

LEE: So, is there anything? I know we had spoken before and you understand how all this works, now. but do you have anything that you can, you know, tell me, that would help?
( Is he asking for the location of the body?)

CASEY: There’s nothing I can think of at the moment. I’m actually going to try and get something together, you know today so I can write a couple letters to the family. I’m even going to get with (intelligible) and stuff to see if he does get that directly. But still put out my own specific so if anything happens, if there’s any lapse you still will get what I’m trying to put across too.
( By Lapse does she mean she will fill in the missing info with a 2nd letter sent later?)

LEE: And just remember that if you give it to the attorney…. ( He may not forward the letter if too direct)

CASEY: They can read it and choose whether or not to even fix it which is why I’ll do a secondary letter to make sure it’s direct ]( secondary possibly to LA through mail without Attorney?)
LEE: Perfect I would encourage that 110 percent. So is there anything specifically, I know you’re going to meet with, you know the investigators and everything, you know. Is there anything specifically the details that you want to clarify to me now so that I’m following up on my own leads and my own information, putting the stuff together, you know then I can start working on it now? ]( LA has own leads serperate from everyone else? No kidding huh)

CASEY: Um, at the moment there’s nothing specific or nothing that you know should probably be said here. Um, again I’ll put something together before I see Jose or when I see Jose and you know make sure that I have something also to put out. ( Can’t talk about it now, too risky ) LEE: Right.

CASEY: So that way you can get whatever you like ( Move /take something? )

LEE: Ok. And just so remember when you get to talk to those guys um, you know, you mentioned that you’re going to have your prep and everything with Jose. But remember truth don’t hurt. ( Those guys being the PI’s?)

CASEY: I know but there are some things that I have told them that were misconstrued and not used to their benefit. I gave them the same resources that I gave you and you found out a hundred more things then they did. And they were given the same information. So it’s just about the approach I guess and using the resources to their full extent. Again I’m everybody’s biggest resource; you have said that, Jose has said that, mom and dad have said that.

LEE: Right but at the same time we still we just need to figure out how we can be clear on what ever we’re giving to them, so even if we have to you know speak very direct or we can’t really speak in generalities with them, with anybody is what I’m finding out . Or if we tell them I’m not completely sure on the spelling or I’m not completely sure on this or that. They take everything exactly up front to the ‘T’. Exactly how you provide it. So if it’s off at all they don’t even think to look in any other areas ….( LA explaining that he and KC need to be on the same page as to what she is going to tell them,etc. )

CASEY: That’s why I gave them things multiple times. Each officer I gave the same information at least two or three times, I’ve done the same thing with you, the same thing with mom, the same thing with Jose. Everyone has the same information, same spelling, same names. None of that has altered because that’s it

LEE: What do you think, where do you think. You think Caylee’s ok right now? ( Notice he first ask “what then where do you think.” He realizes he’s about to have his sister answer an incriminating question so he then says is she okay?)

KC: My gut feeling? As mom asked me yesterday and even Jose asked me last night, the psychologist asked me this morning that I got through the court, um in my gut she’s still ok. And it still feels like she’s close to home. ( She follows up with she’s okay - and then gives a LOCATION!)

LEE: Ok ( Now he know’s where to start looking )

JBEAN, this is what I was looking for it was Casey's conversation with Lee where she says she's close to home,
there is another part were she says to look in places familiar and she also says to follow her directions to a T.
I think with the things we now know this proves that Casey was telling Cindy, Lee where Caylee was. I beleive they sent DC to the woods because they figured it out.
So I was wondering if we could find other things in the jailhouse tapes that prove that knew, because I beleive that DC gave his deposition along with notes and possably items he found while searching, and I beleive that is what the private meeting with the judge is about and that they are still investigating possably to press charges against the rest of the Anthony's.
I didn't know which topic to put it under so thats why I started the other thread but this is good. Thanks again JBEAN.

JBEAN, this is what I was looking for it was Casey's conversation with Lee where she says she's close to home,
there is another part were she says to look in places familiar and she also says to follow her directions to a T.
I think with the things we now know this proves that Casey was telling Cindy, Lee where Caylee was. I beleive they sent DC to the woods because they figured it out.
So I was wondering if we could find other things in the jailhouse tapes that prove that knew, because I beleive that DC gave his deposition along with notes and possably items he found while searching, and I beleive that is what the private meeting with the judge is about and that they are still investigating possably to press charges against the rest of the Anthony's.
I didn't know which topic to put it under so thats why I started the other thread but this is good. Thanks again JBEAN.

Hi Butterfly, I carried your post (below) over from the other closed thread:

Revisiting the Casey jail house tapes
If there is a more appropriate place to put this instead of starting a new thread please move.

Knowing what we know now, go back and listen to the jailhouse tapes again.
Early on there was speculation about Casey speaking in code and now I for one believe that we can break these codes. For example, I do believe Casey gave the location of Caylee in the jailhouse tape. Casey says " in my heart I feel (she) is close to home", and she was. She also states in the tapes, "I'm telling everything I know if they would just follow my directions to a T" ( I'm not quoting exact words here), but if you look on a map and start at the anthony house and go staright down suburban then cross over to the woods and then cross over to the abandoned house it makes a T. So I do beleive that there was evidence at the abandoned house. These are just a few things I have picked up on, but I'm still looking.
If anyone is interested in going back over these with what we know now, I would love the discussion. You know they say hind sight is 20/20. We couldn't figure it out before but I think we can now and probably have a pretty good idea of how Cindy knew to send DC to those woods, along with other things.

(Above BBM)
IMO this is giving KC entirely too much credit. She simply does not have the intelligence to come up with coded directions like this. She just isn't that smart.

IMO there are a couple of reasons she maybe sounds as if she's speaking in some kind of code. 1 - She knows her conversations are being recorded so is trying not to incriminate herself.
2- She's trying to make Lee think she's giving him information and that she wants Caylee found, when that's NOT what she's really doing. As others have opined here, she seems to be trying hard to sound as if she's trying to communicate when she, in fact, is communicating/saying/revealing/sharing nothing.

IMHO this is the reason for the perceived "code".

Also, at times there's a bit of truth in with the lies. As in, "she's close to home." KC knew Caylee's little body was decomposing close to home :furious: because she dumped it there. She isn't trying to tell Lee that IMHO. She also says Caylee's "OK" and we know that's a lie and is not code for anything.

She's just BSing, winging it, trying to save her *advertiser censored*S and flying by the seat of her pants - which had always worked for her in the past, apparently. She honestly doesn't have the brains to come up with a code (I think I'm allowed to say that -lol).

I don't think she has the brains enough to come up with a code, but I do think she believes she is smart enough to get around her attorney's instructions regarding divulging information to her family during phone calls and visits.
I think Casey speaking in this manner is a big part of why the kibosh was put on the jail visits. I also think there is good information to be gleaned from them.

FWIW In my analysis in saying "she's ok" I think KC means that the burial site has not been discovered yet, as she has been brought up to date on the news through JB and knows where people are looking.

(Above BBM)
IMO this is giving KC entirely too much credit. She simply does not have the intelligence to come up with coded directions like this. She just isn't that smart.

IMO there are a couple of reasons she maybe sounds as if she's speaking in some kind of code. 1 - She knows her conversations are being recorded so is trying not to incriminate herself.
2- She's trying to make Lee think she's giving him information and that she wants Caylee found, when that's NOT what she's really doing. As others have opined here, she seems to be trying hard to sound as if she's trying to communicate when she, in fact, is communicating/saying/revealing/sharing nothing.

Also, at times there's a bit of truth in with the lies. As in, "she's close to home." KC knew Caylee's little body was decomposing close to home :furious: because she dumped it there. She isn't trying to tell Lee that IMHO. She also says Caylee's "OK" and we know that's a lie and is not code for anything.

She's just BSing, winging it, trying to save her *advertiser censored*S and flying by the seat of her pants - which had always worked for her in the past, apparently. She honestly doesn't have the brains to come up with a code (I think I'm allowed to say that -lol).

Right. If she really were concerned for Caylee and wanted to find her, she would have come up with a code that actually gave information. She would have been desperate to find any safe way to communicate with those who could help.

She wasn't desperate at all. She was pretending she couldn't say anything, using the excuse that Caylee and her other family members were in danger. Really, she didn't say anything of value because she didn't want to be caught. End of story.

(Above BBM)

I agree. However, I think Casey gets a perverse thrill out of being able to be completely unhelpful while still TELLING THE TRUTH in a very technical sense of the word. IMO, this is why many of her answers sound so strange, or she "reasks" people's questions slightly differently before answering, because she is trying to use "technically true" answers whenever possible so she can say, "I didn't lie. You just weren't listening carefully enough."

So, while I don't think she's speaking "in code," I think her desire to be ultimately vindicated as having told the truth for as many statements as possible does justify looking at each of her weirdly worded statements very carefully.

One example: I can't recall the exact quote, but early on someone (maybe Cindy) asked her about some lie and she instead asked herself a different question and answered it: "That I have no idea where my daughter is right now? Yes, that is the truth." I got the feeling she was thinking, "Hmmm. What can I say about this that is true? Well, I know where I put Caylee's BODY, but I haven't actually LOOKED at it lately to make sure it's still there...and I believe "she" (her SOUL) might be somewhere else and I can't really say from personal first-hand experience where THAT is...so that I don't know where she is right now? Yes, that's the truth."

It's like a game...how much can I mislead people before I actually tell a lie? Not that she was against lying, but when she lies the lies come out so much more smoothly: "Oh yes, I work at Universal and so does my friend Juliet." When she's playing the "truth game," she sounds like English is her second language.

I think she was trying to cover her a$$.

She had lots of practice worming her way out of of situations by lying, so she just kept it up. It's a habit, and maybe the bit of "truth" was a habit, too. I believe, at that time, she really thought she was only there for a few days.

Also, she talks a lot like CA in my opinion.

Not weird at all. Twins often have their own way of communicating. And while Lee and KC were not twins, they were close siblings. My mother has twin sisters and she said to me several times that she couldn't understand their dialogue -- they almost had their own language.

Not uncommon at all, and I think that's what we see with the whole KC/Lee speak.

Mel

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans
Back