Casey To Serve One Year Probation

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She may have been a good prisoner on lock down with no decisions of her own to make but this is real life with many choices. I'm not so sure she can pass up the temptation to party and enter hot body contests. Those are no-no's. For once she is going to be treated like everyone else in her situation. A felon on probation with enough rope to hang herself (so to speak). She's going to have to prove she can live life on the up and up which is something she has no experience with. Probation is not a joke and VOP's are common. We might get to see another type of picture of KC soon... another mug shot perhaps.

Just like she was a "good mother' while the cameras were rolling or she was trying to impress someone.

I agree.

Big deal, she will be on probation for 365 days. As the official "Most Hated Person in America", she was no doubt planning on keeping a low profile in her day-to-day life, anyway.

If this one year probation were to begin 5 years from now, or 5 years ago, I could see how it would be more of a challenge to her, but as it will start on the heels of her three years in jail, now that she is used to practicing 'good behavior', it won't amount to much.

I predict that one year from now, we'll be hearing that Casey Anthony successfully completed her probation, and we'll think to ourselves, "Well, that went fast".

Unfortunately, I see the probation as only a very minor victory for Justice for Caylee. I take that back- this doesn't even count as Justice for Caylee.

This isn't about justice for Caylee at all,IMO. Caylee will never get justice through our Courts. That ship has sailed.

It's about justice for Amy Huizinga. It's about one less mistake that goes Casey's way. It's about someone finally putting their foot down and telling Casey to get back in "time out" and clean up her mess before she can go outside to play.
If Cindy and George had done it a long time ago, the State of FL wouldn't have to do it now.

oooooh!! :blush: I thought they were talking about JB. Heck I forgot about the other Jose. Was he the taller cuter one? How long did he work for the DT?

Every since I heard that (and was thinking it was JB) I was like eew! :lol:

(Sorry to anyone who might find JB attractive)

I thought the real JB's wife also had a baby recently IIRC..

I am not surprised Lippman is silent now. His $$$ ship has sailed off and gone now also.

This isn't about justice for Caylee at all,IMO. Caylee will never get justice through our Courts. That ship has sailed.

It's about justice for Amy Huizinga. It's about one less mistake that goes Casey's way. It's about someone finally putting their foot down and telling Casey to get back in "time out" and clean up her mess before she can go outside to play.
If Cindy and George had done it a long time ago, the State of FL wouldn't have to do it now.

I feel this is also an avenue that presents a possibility of CA being punished in some way for something, anything. She will not be able to live up to the terms of her probation and hopefully she will have to pay some consequences. Does anyone know what the punishment for probation violation is? tia

Who says that the DT is financially responsible for Casey Anthony now she is out of jail, whether she is on probation or not? Who says the DT has to provide casey Anthony with food, lodging, etc? The DT is not legally responsible for Casey Anthony either; she is an adult, and responsible for her own actions. The DT is not required to give her continued legal assistance. They didn't adopt her.

Someone said this really isn't a big deal, well even if it's not for Casey, it sure is for her defense team - whe is now wholly, completly their financial and legal responsibility for a year, more time to argue appeals and waste their time with this mess, THEY have to provide food, lodging, etc, and even more legal assistance once she screws up, if she does, or once the chit hits the fan with her and the public - once again.......I LOVE IT

Jeez, you go to bed in another part of the world and the whole scenario changes while you're asleep - so sorry for the belated celebration but
YEAH!

Give her a shovel, a leaf blower and a job clearing debris in the woods off Suburban.

Thanks Judge - you da man!

Someone posted that she has to comply with the order while appealing...is this true I hope?

I would think that an appellate court can put a temporary hold on it till a hearing. Lawyers board question? Just like HHJP did earlier.

baez is appealing.?..after what judge perry said about him. He kept that probation matter to himself (as we all thought)...that should go real well on appeal..LOL. The man has no shame. He and his client are more alike than different.

She may have money. Sources claim she got paid for the "Ohio photo's and videos". It wouldn't surprise me if she hasn't made a deal with some one for a book or an interview, too be announced at a later date, once the public calms down, and has been given an advance for that, or even paid for in full.

I'm so glad Casey will have to serve the one-year probation just like anyone else! I hope she will be made to abide by all the terms of probation, including getting a job.

I wonder where she's going to live? Unless someone has paid her up front for a book deal or interview, she doesn't have the money to rent an apartment. Is she going to move in with someone on the DT or into the house on Hopespring Drive with mom and dad?

From JPs order:

7) You will work diligently at a lawful occupation and support any dependents to the best of your ability as directed by your probation officer.

Link: http://www.wftv.com/pdf/28848050/detail.html
Thank you. This at least gives me hope.

I am not usually so cynical, but watching Casey Anthony literally get away with murder has left me jaded.

She somehow walked free on a death penalty case, with an insane 'NOT GUILTY' verdict, and just thinking about that still makes me sick to my stomach.

I hope the probation/ court truly holds her to the "work diligently at a lawful occupation", but the part that says, "to the best of your ability" & "as directed by your probation officer" leaves a bit too much wiggle room ,for my comfort.

Who says that the DT is financially responsible for Casey Anthony now she is out of jail, whether she is on probation or not? Who says the DT has to provide casey Anthony with food, lodging, etc? The DT is not legally responsible for Casey Anthony either; she is an adult, and responsible for her own actions. The DT is not required to give her continued legal assistance. They didn't adopt her.

They could fool me! :floorlaugh:

Why does everyone think she is the DT's burden?

I know that's why I'm happy. She just became the DT's burden instead of their money tree. I am sure they aren't happy at all right now!

I missed everything all day!!
I put on JVM to see whats up?
Is this chick for real now?
She is acting like she feels so sorry for FCA??? WHEN DID THIS START?
UGH - I am glad I dont watch her anymore !!!
YAY JUDGE!!

As usual MissJames, you have said it all and said it well.

I hope the Probation Officer assigned to her case has children or grandchildren of their own. An aggressive PO has the tools to make her life miserable.

I don't understand all the counts they give them either. One article said they could something like 15 or 20 years for each count. What do they mean by "count"? Each time that they were actually caught selling drugs? No, It can't be because they were caught twice but they gave them a bunch of counts.

Well , if you ever get arrested , it is just amazing with how many charges they can come up for one offense due to overlapping statutes. Just mind boggling.
That often causes the defendant to take a plea deal to make many of them go bye bye.

baez is appealing.?..after what judge perry said about him. He kept that probation matter to himself (as we all thought)...that should go real well on appeal..LOL. The man has no shame. He and his client are more alike than different.

I think it is safe to assume here that Judge Perry put the hammer to JB with his appeal in mind. And the appeals board will just self the appeal. As in to be taken up like 18 months from now......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties