Casey's appeal on the 4 charges of lying to police

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She was in jail by the time they found caylee so how could she have participated in the coverup if she didn't even know her child was dead? This scenario is not logical and does not fit the evidence. Dogs, humans and machines detected decomp in her car and Caylee's body got there some how. not rocket science.

Right, and not only dogs, humans, machines, but KC detected decomp in her car, which is why she dumped it and never went back. That's smoking gun proof of her guilt. Otherwise, why didn't she take the car somewhere to have the smell investigated and fixed? She didn't because she knew what it was. She had Caylee, then poof. Caylee was never reported missing by her mother but found dead months later dumped in a swamp with things to which KC had access after the Anthonys, NEVER Casey, reported her missing. That alone should be life in prison for KC. IMO, nothing else should need to be proven. Kid turns up missing or dead but was never reported gone at the time of the event by the parent or other caregiver until someone else raised the alarm after time has passed. That non-reporting caregiver deserves no possibility of parole.

Casey Anthony's appeal to be heard tomorrow

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...anthony-appeal-lying-20130107,0,2154635.story
Tuesday's arguments will be heard by a three-judge panel of the Fifth District Court of Appeal in Daytona Beach. The hearing, set for 1:30 p.m., will be short: The court only allows each side 15 minutes to argue. The panel is not expected to make a ruling Tuesday.

I believe you can listen to the hearing by going to the appeals court website and locating the oral arguments tab. It may not be available live but it will be a short time later. I listened to an oral argument in another case from that site. Not all hearings are made available on the site but if that one was, this one should be. Just a FYI for anyone interested in trying to find the arguments (after the fact if they are not available live).

I woke up to an alarm on my smart phone, lol it just said kc so I came here and found out what was up as I had forgotten too!

In the Orlando Sentinel, under the heading Casey Anthony appeal heard today, at the end of the article they note:

"This is a developing story. Check back this afternoon for updates from today's hearing."

So hopefully we will have some news fairly quickly - at least to hear what the arguments were. I wonder why Mason isn't appearing - only L. Fryer? Will be interesting to hear if she is as nervous and stumbling over her words as she was at the hearings - I'm assuming she has had more practice by now.

Thoughts? I dont think the convictions and sentences will be overturned. Does this mean that the judgements against her by the state and the IRS can move forward? Not to mention TES?

Thoughts? I dont think the convictions and sentences will be overturned. Does this mean that the judgements against her by the state and the IRS can move forward? Not to mention TES?

Does she want them all thrown out or three thrown out or lumped into one?

Does she want them all thrown out or three thrown out or lumped into one?

According to WESH, it is the spaghetti on the wall so to speak:

The attorneys believe that the four separate convictions should have been tied together into one.
They may also argue that her statements should have been thrown out at trial, because she was not read Miranda rights.

Initial Brief of Appellant - 29 pages
http://www.5dca.org/Clerk/Anthony 11-2357/11-2357_initial_Brief.pdf

State's Response - 54 pages
http://www.5dca.org/Clerk/Anthony 11-2357/11-2357_answer_brief.pdf

Her reply - 9 pages
http://www.5dca.org/Clerk/Anthony 11-2357/11-2357_reply_brief.pdf

Twitter
Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS
One more detail on #CaseyAnthony hearing tomorrow: Appeal panel doesn't rule from the bench, some decisions take months. Hard to estimate.

Jeff Weiner ‏@JeffWeinerOS
The #CaseyAnthony appeal is being heard on the same day Jeff Ashton, who prosecuted her, starts his new job: Orange-Osceola State Attorney.

Jeff Ashton sworn in
http://twitpic.com/btfn47

How stressful do you think all of this is on the felon?

Because if it was me, as a normal person, I think you'd have to put me in a padded room by this stage for the gut-churning stress. The money troubles, the stress of trial preparations, the stress of waiting for the other shoe to drop- if anyone else is going to pop up out of the woodwork to sue, etc etc. If it was me, I would have lost half my body weight by now, gotten a permanent twitch, and would be putting vodka into my cornflakes trying to cope with the panic, dread and unending aggrevation.

Do you think any of this stuff bothers her- for real? Or has she learned that even when it comes to murder, you can still figure out a way to get off scot-free and escape any consequences, so it doesn't register with her as something worthy of concern? (Like, she has cleared the biggest hurdle, so everything else is small beans now?)

I'd really like to know everyone's opinion on this.

Now somebody named Winter Park is helping Lisabeth at the 5th District. Do we know who this person is? Were they involved in the felon's murder trial?

Now somebody named Winter Park is helping Lisabeth at the 5th District. Do we know who this person is? Were they involved in the felon's murder trial?

I think this makes reference to her location, not a person.

Because if it was me, as a normal person, I think you'd have to put me in a padded room by this stage for the gut-churning stress. The money troubles, the stress of trial preparations, the stress of waiting for the other shoe to drop- if anyone else is going to pop up out of the woodwork to sue, etc etc. If it was me, I would have lost half my body weight by now, gotten a permanent twitch, and would be putting vodka into my cornflakes trying to cope with the panic, dread and unending aggrevation.

Do you think any of this stuff bothers her- for real? Or has she learned that even when it comes to murder, you can still figure out a way to get off scot-free and escape any consequences, so it doesn't register with her as something worthy of concern? (Like, she has cleared the biggest hurdle, so everything else is small beans now?)

I doubt she even knew what was happening today until she received a call or something about it...she probably hopes it will drag on so ZFG case and all others will take a long time and hope they will just drop the cases...or maybe she wants it over with to move on.

I hope the appeals panel acts swiftly and denies her appeal so she can't take the 5th in the ZFG case and M&M can ask her all of those questions about Caylee...always but what she did to Caylee in front of her...she can never escape that.

My opinion is: If it didn't bother her to murder Caylee and sit through a DP trial and refuse a (plea deal?) then no, she has gotten away from the biggest things so far and I just think this is a cake walk for her. Ya know "Bella Vita" and all that.

I think this makes reference to her location, not a person.

OMG, you are right- I am dying laughing at myself. I guess I'm used to imagining too many Florida stripper names! LOLOLOL!

<smacks forehead>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ilda
Back