Casey's Body Language and Reactionary Comments#3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I guess I lost faith in Dr Glass's capabilities a while ago, in this blog she is entirely too worried about appearance and only lightly touches on body language. She calls LE a betrayer and JB's apology flowing and eloquent, I can't say she and I are the least bit in tune. In fact one would think maybe Dr Glass finds JB rather.......compelling.

http://drlillianglass.com/body-language-blog/

I believe much like you. Dr. Glass goes on and on about CA's hair, when it's very similar to the hairstyle she wore when we met her. JB had to make an "eloquent speech" because he'd been called on the carpet and his position was in jeopardy, as well as his future as an attorney. I didn't think he was all that, for sure. He does seem to dress better than the Anthonys and CMason, I'll give him that.

Appearance in court is very important, Dr. Glass knows that. The Anthonys, including Casey, should heed that advice. I can't understand why JB doesn't tell her the wardrobe is key. All attorneys learn very early how important it to make a good appearance in the courtroom. I learned it in one of my law courses and I only took six or seven.

I agree Dr. Glass should pay more attention to explaining the body language. She did mention Lee's behavior, as well as Casey's, but totally skipped Cindy's by focusing on her hair, her shoes, her tacky sweater, and her dress. Yes, I said tacky sweater, which was totally inappropriate for testifying in court. Can we say frumpy? Is it not important enough to her to dress decently to save her daughter from the gallows?

I guess I lost faith in Dr Glass's capabilities a while ago, in this blog she is entirely too worried about appearance and only lightly touches on body language. She calls LE a betrayer and JB's apology flowing and eloquent, I can't say she and I are the least bit in tune. In fact one would think maybe Dr Glass finds JB rather.......compelling.

http://drlillianglass.com/body-language-blog/

I lost faith in her when she analyzed Cheney listenting to the 911 tape by Cindy Anthony - WHEN THEY NEVER PLAYED IT IN COURT.

I'll stop there.

I think her writing is no more serious than doodling. Often she will look bored, just write one word, underline it then stop, or write a few words, fold the page in two and then move on to the next page. It's just for dramatic effect while she knows the cameras are on her. She can't stop fiddling, twiddling, pulling her clothing if she's not writing...

AGREED 1000% PERCENT. I notice she played for the camera when she moved the beverage cup and winced hoping she did not spill it. Riggggggght KC - This is just another town hall meeting.

Did anyone else think ICA had something tucked in her sleeve when she walked out?
I'll have to wait for the video to be posted and check again. Would the Deputies would take it away?

I think her endless writing has to do with something I have dubbed "the elephant in the room." I believe "the elephant in the room" is that nobody on ICA's side (parents, friends, attorneys) have the nerve to say "ummm, KC mothers who lose their children are so distraut they can think of nothing else. They are so grief stricken they cannot function." If said parents, friends, or attorneys had the nerve to say this to ICA this would certainly expose the "elephant in the room" as WE KNOW YOU ARE A PSYCOPATH AND YOU KILLED YOUR BABY! So, instead of letting ICA know the truth (you are a psycopath) or continuing to let her primp during court appearances (which wont jive well with a jury), they have decided to give her a "job." She is now their legal aid, LOL. In their eyes, she did a he!! of a job pretending to work at Universal so why not let her pretend she is helping with the case. The really sad and very scary thing about all of this is I truly believe ICA really believes she is a respected member of the "team."

I think her endless writing has to do with something I have dubbed "the elephant in the room." I believe "the elephant in the room" is that nobody on ICA's side (parents, friends, attorneys) have the nerve to say "ummm, KC mothers who lose their children are so distraut they can think of nothing else. They are so grief stricken they cannot function." If said parents, friends, or attorneys had the nerve to say this to ICA this would certainly expose the "elephant in the room" as WE KNOW YOU ARE A PSYCOPATH AND YOU KILLED YOUR BABY! So, instead of letting ICA know the truth (you are a psycopath) or continuing to let her primp during court appearances (which wont jive well with a jury), they have decided to give her a "job." She is now their legal aid, LOL. In their eyes, she did a he!! of a job pretending to work at Universal so why not let her pretend she is helping with the case. The really sad and very scary thing about all of this is I truly believe ICA really believes she is a respected member of the "team."
I totally agree. They have to keep her immersed in something so her body language (grooming, smoothing, facial expressions) doesn't give her away. They also make sure she is never sitting alone at the table, they always put someone in the chair to chat with her during sidebars etc. I think they can't trust her to hold it together without a safety net.. she falls apart without it. Like AL having to hold her arm during the rough parts when JA was discussing the murder and the duct tape. They know she is psychologically unstable/unreliable without them constantly intervening. Trial should be interesting..

Did anyone else think ICA had something tucked in her sleeve when she walked out?
I'll have to wait for the video to be posted and check again. Would the Deputies would take it away?

I didn't see that, but did you see her slap Michele M as KC walked out the door? MM had her back to KC and reached out and slapped her as to say I'm leaving.

Quoting myself to say I watched the video. I couldn't see any time when she could have slipped in a note, so guess it was just the floppy sleeve.

I didn't see that, but did you see her slap Michele M as KC walked out the door? MM had her back to KC and reached out and slapped her as to say I'm leaving.

Yes, I noticed that - and the shoulder squeeze on CM when she walked in. She's very touchy-feely with all of them. I thought maybe JB had said something to her b/c there seemed to be an ice wall between them for most of what i saw, but toward the end she started whispering to him again..

I think she is growing it as long as possible to be the Polar Opposite of Cindy. Cindy has short hair, so Casey will have long hair.

I think she has designs on JB and is trying to look like a little Senorita.
:innocent:

I totally agree. They have to keep her immersed in something so her body language (grooming, smoothing, facial expressions) doesn't give her away. They also make sure she is never sitting alone at the table, they always put someone in the chair to chat with her during sidebars etc. I think they can't trust her to hold it together without a safety net.. she falls apart without it. Like AL having to hold her arm during the rough parts when JA was discussing the murder and the duct tape. They know she is psychologically unstable/unreliable without them constantly intervening. Trial should be interesting..

I would have a different opinion possibly about Casey's reaction and AL's consoling on the day that JA spoke about Caylee's murder if I thought it was genuine. There are just too many instances to count where Casey sat in court listening to details of Caylee's remains and had no reaction other than disinterest.

Hummmmm....cough, cough. Material for a book????????

Exactly what I have thought the past 4 days. He can take all these writings and do a great money making book. Thinking back on letters to Robin from Kc, They are going on a great trip courtesy of Kc and have a wonderful life
when They both get out of jail. Where would someone get enough money to get out of prison and live this happy carefree life? Most people working a daily job would find it hard to accomplish.
JB is probably promising back pay to a few helpful people. Now we don't know for sure this is happening but from the past almost 3 yrs what else could we suspect. Is there a time period a lawyer has to wait before doing such a thing?????

I would have a different opinion possibly about Casey's reaction and AL's consoling on the day that JA spoke about Caylee's murder if I thought it was genuine. There are just too many instances to count where Casey sat in court listening to details of Caylee's remains and had no reaction other than disinterest.

I think her reaction was anger. They can't trust her to not have outbursts of anger like George and Cindy. She gets really nervous if left alone and grooms herself to death...media talks.. They have to keep her in control by keeping her busy, and always have someone next to her to chat, to monitor her.

Noticed more yellow legal paper being wasted today. Save those trees!

Casey needs the Boogie Board.

It's a Paperless Writing Tablet that lets you scribble notes, (just like she does at court). No more wasted paper!

View attachment 14019

I noticed when GA was up on the stand and was asked about YM's biggest fear and what happened in the Duckett case and KC taking her own life. It looks as though KC stopped herself from rolling her eyes. She was paying attention, not writing, but has a cocky, angry look like she thinks it is absurd there is any notion of her killing herself.

...and has oodles of experience in "event planning"!!!:great:

I am going to refrain from any comment about Dr. Glass as I am not a professional body language expert. Whether or not I disagree with her will make no difference as I am not considered to be her "peer" That said, I will share some of my thoughts on the body language of KC and others in the courtroom.

KC's Attire and "Style":

Much has been made of KC's long hair and the reason behind her growing it, the way she styles it, and how she touches it.

I think many people forget that all of these hearings offer an opportunity for the defense team to gain critical feedback that will assist them in making wardrobe choices for trial.

One of the things that is most important to the defense is to have KC appear as different from how she did when Caylee was killed as possible. Should the party photos come into play, the short sassy bob v. long flowing tresses will go a long way in demonstrating the dichotomy between who KC was and who she is now.

The infamous low cut blue club dress, and table top dancing couldn't be further from the KC we see in court now dressed in wrinkled, non-professional attire. Baggy sweaters , form fitting sweaters, puffy sleeves, fitted sleeves, long sleeves, short sleeves, jacket, no jacket, red, orange, blue, white, purple, stripes, solids.......they are all being "tested" in the media.

We know the defense reads this site and others because it seems at times that they do take into consideration comments made outside the media reports. Some good, some bad, but all in all they respond.

So...IMO....I just don't put any thought into KC's "look" other than when I comment that it is a fail or that she looks pretty. I don't get mad about what she is wearing because I realize what is going on and move along. That said...

KC the Fast and Furious Stenographer:

The old school stenography going on at that table is nothing short of amazing. My hand would give out by page 3. I see a few things going on in relation to the tree slaughter...but again they are MOO.

One of the hardest things for KC (and her family) is to control her emotions and how she reacts to what is being said in court. Early on, we saw far more preening, rubbing, lick smacking, gazing around, and in essence movement.

KC has shown that she has a temper, she wants it her way, she has STRONG opinions, and likes to be in charge. None of those things play well to a jury. Granted there is no jury yet, but there is a Judge, several cameras, photographers, and a whole lot of people watching.

The closer we get to trial the more sensitive the information being discussed, and the more crucial that her "table manners" be on target. You can't do this overnight and so IMO.....KC has been instructed to write her feelings and thoughts in order to avoid blurting them out or reacting inappropriately.

By getting KC used to channeling this energy via her legal pad.....she will hopefully be ready for trial. This is "training".

Some people wonder what she could possibly be writing. At times, it could be anything from a commissary list to just gibberish. At other times however, she is likely listing statements made that she either disagrees with or remembers differently.

Many of us saw her lean into JB yesterday to confer while LDB was outlining the handcuff timeline. She had been making notes on her copy and IMO something struck her as wrong, off, out of order, etc.... It must have really made an impact because while JB had been dismissing her lately she made sure to get his attention.

KC's only job now is to be a part of her team and to aid in her defense. Her counsel has likely told her that she has to write everything and I mean everything. It would explain why JB seems to dismiss her when she attempts to get his attention verbally or physically.

When this case goes to trial, the jury will be watching her while they listen to the witness. If the jurors see a defendant grabbing, poking, and whispering to her attorney all the time they are going to make judgements based on that behavior and not so much the evidence.

I don't see JB's dismissive behavior as much dismissive as trying to remind her. As much as she chats with him.....we know it can't all be THAT important. If it is that important...she knows to tell CM.

So....IMO....we don't need to watch how she reacts with JB as much as we need to pay more attention to how she engages with Cm and more importantly...how often.

Cheney "Perry" Mason :

CM has an impressive record. He irritates the heck out of me because I personally find him to be a chauvinist, and a bit too "old school"......BUT he is smart, and despite his selective hearing and garbled speech he is rather interesting.

CM plays to the jury....his "age" and "hearing or lack thereof" are tools he uses to disarm the juror. The ones that are not disarmed are the Judge and SAO. I wish that CM would present a more respectful tone when addressing the Judge and referring to LE, but I also know he stays "in character" regardless of it being a hearing or a trial.

CM is too old to learn new tricks. Let's face it, when he comments about new technology stuff, and quotes archaic case law, it is obvious he is never going to become a modern defense King. He is just too set in his ways to try to evolve.

Is sticking with "old school" a good or a bad thing? Well IMO CM is there for one reason only....OK maybe two.....to put his unique skill set to use in front of the jury, and to be the DP qualified counsel.

What CM lacks in current knowledge, JB can "look up mid hearing" on his fancy I-Pad. It's a team effort you know.

Don't Judge Me:

I don't think that I can say enough good things about Judge Belvin Perry. And you know what....the defense feels the same way. There is a separate thread about Judge Perry so I will reserve my comments to this.

Judge Perry is about the best there is when it comes to fair, impartial, and legally correct rulings. He knows what case law applies and what case law is a stretch. He spends his FREE time researching case law. He can quote it like he's reading the Exit sign over the door. He knows his "stuff".

Judge Perry is wise enough to recognize the "games" played by both sides. He reserves his opinion and maintains a straight face.

What I can see from his courtroom behavior (IMO) is that he has a very low tolerance for bashing LE (as his father was in LE) and for Wasting his time. Several times he crossed his arms while CM was conducting his filibuster closing. He is happy to hear each side, but he wants you to tell him what time it is not read the instructions for building the clock.

There is very little that Judge Perry doesn't already know and at times he does get tired of being "educated" by the first grade class.

I will be back later with my thoughts on the Anthony family and various courtroom "spectators" a little later today. I didn't intend for this to get so lengthy.

I totally agree with your thoery. With the A's influence and personal immature agenda I also think Casey just had to dissacociate emotionally from them. You can't do anything right when you're relying on such self indulgent parents to give guidance. No wonder Lee went into his shell when he was a teen.

Maybe this inferiority came out in ICA the night CA confronted her at Tony's and that's why Amy said it was like watching a 16 year old getting caught doing something wrong by her mum. Very weird.

I have to watch the live feed of the hearings whenever I can because the stations always cut out the great body language when they put them on tape. No fun. I saw CA, GA, and the PI JLyons doing it. JA did it and then there was a whole crowd doing it at the defense table. I also once saw the court reporter with a glimmer of a 'fssst, you got her, yeah' look when LDB was making an under the belly attack. Ooof. The recordings don't show most of it. Amil said that HHJP was keeping his eye on his own court and saw all of it. I hope when trial comes they'll do uncut recording like they do with KBelich and BSchneider.

Ok that explains it. I was watching tapes on the hearings and just couldn't find what was being discussed. Oh, I am so sorry I missed all the facial expressions & gestures. I had to remove myself from this case awhile back as if I didn't....I would have to have one of those "WIDE LOAD" signs that you see on the highway, added to my neck!! Seriously....has this case caused anyone else to become extremely "LARGE"?? Geesh! I hope you are right in that they quit editing out the reactions from the crowds & participants....I think that is important to see and can't understand why they would do that. Oh well. Learned my lesson, watch it in real time from now on!

:cow:

For someone who is so critical of just about everything, her writing skills and spelling errors drive me INSANE. Please just have someone proof your work. None of us are perfect, but she has obvious errors in every article she writes. While I believe some of what she says, I have a very hard time with her delivery.:twocents:

I thought exactly the same thing, so many typos and obvious one which totally takes away from her credibility factor as well as it's sloppy and shows a lack of professionalism. It's kind of like not shaving or dressing up for court.

I’m just saying…

Do you think Cindy is trying to impart psychological messages..punishments of sorts, in the clothes she is picking for KC? It struck me odd that she chose a red sweater for KC and she wore the butterfly scarf the same day.. It was like the red sweater represented the SCARLET LETTER...or all that is devilish/bad, and Cindy was the grieving victim in the butterfly scarf which represented Caylee.. Then, the next day...she brings KC nothing and she is forced to wear the red sweater again, so she covers it up with a jacket and swings her pollyanna pony-curl to the front..Then, the next day, she brings a suffocating LAVENDER (Caylee's color) turtleneck which KC is forced to wear. KC spends her day in court tugging at the neck. Because it was actually uncomfortable or psychologically uncomfortable..? I may be reading something that isn't really there.. but I have to say that those interpretations clearly crossed my mind as I watched and thought about it..:waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee
Back