Casey's Confinement, Mail; Visitors; Phone Calls; Commissary etc.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder what they do if a prisoner is a vegetarian. I would starve to death in jail. Seriously, it could be a problem for a lot of people. I refuse to eat meat. I think they'd have to accommodate the veggies!

Veggie murderers unite! hee hee.
Meals have veges, too. They do cater to diabetic's and their diets. However, most jails serve "mystery mea." Institutions only used Grade D meat anyway.

I had a friend who served 6 months in the County jail women's section.... I still laugh thinking about this one she told me....

When they serve hotdogs they cut them up into bite size pieces...

Now ask yourself why??
Of course they are not going to serve Tampons!!!

The mind boggles!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Constipation and simply just "not going" are two of the most common reasons women end up in the infirmary in their first months in prison. I'll tell ya, I'd be backed up like five O'clock traffic!

I can understand that. Ah here is a medical tidbit. Very often constipation leads to an impaction. With impaction the nurse uses her finger to break it. It is VERY painful for the patient. Take the hint & just poop. Sometimes medicine is not all it's cracked up to be.

So, it might not be long before KC doesn't pass the "pencil test?"

lol, please tell me, what is a pencil test?

As for tampons, nope you dont get any, you use thick pads. You are allowed pain meds like a simple tylenol or aspririn type if your cramps are bad I believe but they are rationed to you, like the guard or nurse would give you one dose and watch you swallow it.

I can understand that. Ah here is a medical tidbit. Very often constipation leads to an impaction. With impaction the nurse uses her finger to break it. It is VERY painful for the patient. Take the hint & just poop. Sometimes medicine is not all it's cracked up to be.

ewwwww...yuck..maybe lwop is better than DP

Meals have veges, too. They do cater to diabetic's and their diets. However, most jails serve "mystery mea." Institutions only used Grade D meat anyway.

While this may be true in some jails, it is not always the case. The jail where I work actually does serve some very nice meals, in fact we also serve lunch for different meetings etc where the sheriff, mayor and committee members etc eat the food. We get food delivered from the same companies who supply the local restaraunts.
The inmates do get fresh veggies and fruits, things like boneless skinless chickenbreasts, chicken strips, fish, pork roasts, roast beef, hams etc. heck we even bake fresh dinner rolls and hamburger buns.
I have heard some nasty stories about some jails, just wanted to say that is not always the case, in fact a while ago I heard of one guy who was in court getting sentenced, when he found out the judge was sending him to our jail he was happy because he would be eating good while he was there.

VB

this thread is grosssing me out on every level....

Pacted, tampons, poop....

If that isnt a deterent to crime, I just dont know what is...

By the way the poop issue,,, I hope it aint a stinky poop before bed... ewwwwww....

lol, please tell me, what is a pencil test?

The pencil test is where a woman places a pencil under her breast, if it falls she is still firm and not droopy, if the pencil stays there because the breast sags down and holds it, well what can I say, she deffinatly needs the support of a good bra.

VB

this thread is grosssing me out on every level....

Pacted, tampons, poop....

If that isnt a deterent to crime, I just dont know what is...

By the way the poop issue,,, I hope it aint a stinky poop before bed... ewwwwww....

LMAO with this thread! I'm a nurse so I know all about impaction etc and it ain't pretty-especially when you are the disimpactor!! Maybe they can make posters about this-as a deterrent to crime-post it in high schools, malls etc. EWWWW! I think all of us are very sad about this case and could use a little levity-we're not making light of this tragedy-just needed a breather.

Where did you get this info that they have to use communal underwear? I don't think this is accurate. She could always choose to go commando too if it is true on the community panties.

I just had to laugh out loud really thinking about Casey having to wear "party panties", not quite like the "anything but clothes" parties she had been to in the past huh? :crazy:

Sat on our local prison board. It certainly was a shocker to me, however it is true in most jails and state prisons. Going commando would be against policy. I know I never even gave it a thought however think about it they have 1300 or 1500 inmates on any given day. Do you think they get their own valet service for laundry? All laundry is put together and washed by inmates and distributed with a like exchange (meaning if they give a bra back they get a bra, or what ever particular piece) and only 2 or 3 times a week.
Imagine no INTERNET!! Geez... that would do me in right there.
All mail is read in & out except attorney and if Baez were caught filtering mail to her family he would be disbarred and arrested. I think that is why they were back tracking a couple of months ago about the letter Casey was supposed to give to Baez...it should have never been said.
She may not receive books or mags from anyone and all mail she does get probably must go thru USPS only (meaning no FedEx, UPS)
I about died just touring the facility...just hearing those doors slam behind is unnerving to say the least.

Sat on our local prison board. It certainly was a shocker to me, however it is true in most jails and state prisons. Going commando would be against policy. I know I never even gave it a thought however think about it they have 1300 or 1500 inmates on any given day. Do you think they get their own valet service for laundry? All laundry is put together and washed by inmates and distributed with a like exchange (meaning if they give a bra back they get a bra, or what ever particular piece) and only 2 or 3 times a week.
Imagine no INTERNET!! Geez... that would do me in right there.
All mail is read in & out except attorney and if Baez were caught filtering mail to her family he would be disbarred and arrested. I think that is why they were back tracking a couple of months ago about the letter Casey was supposed to give to Baez...it should have never been said.
She may not receive books or mags from anyone and all mail she does get probably must go thru USPS only (meaning no FedEx, UPS)
I about died just touring the facility...just hearing those doors slam behind is unnerving to say the least.

That all makes perfect sense, especially the communal wash thing. I love your valet service comment, made me LOL! :) "Would you like light or heavy starch today, Ms. A?"

That all makes perfect sense, especially the communal wash thing. I love your valet service comment, made me LOL! :) "Would you like light or heavy starch today, Ms. A?"

I can't take credit for the valet comment, when I first began on the prison board I was aghast at the unsanitary and disgusting thought of first off panties that did not match my bra, but then that someone else had them on before me OMG!! That was when I was told the valet comment.

While this may be true in some jails, it is not always the case. The jail where I work actually does serve some very nice meals, in fact we also serve lunch for different meetings etc where the sheriff, mayor and committee members etc eat the food. We get food delivered from the same companies who supply the local restaraunts.
The inmates do get fresh veggies and fruits, things like boneless skinless chickenbreasts, chicken strips, fish, pork roasts, roast beef, hams etc. heck we even bake fresh dinner rolls and hamburger buns.
I have heard some nasty stories about some jails, just wanted to say that is not always the case, in fact a while ago I heard of one guy who was in court getting sentenced, when he found out the judge was sending him to our jail he was happy because he would be eating good while he was there.

VB

so...if an inmate is vegetarian? (sorry, this one is really bugging me....I think they have to cater to, say, religious diets but otherwise??)

so...if an inmate is vegetarian? (sorry, this one is really bugging me....I think they have to cater to, say, religious diets but otherwise??)

Only medically necessary or documented religious diets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip