Casey's credit card spending spree REVISITED

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe LE will release those purchases soon since she has new charges stemming from the theft etc. LE seems to let a little out each week. They have a plan.

Taking the $$ out of her 401k, is that in an interview (400 pages of docs), or did Cindy just say that when she was on camera? If Cindy just said that to a reporter, I don't believe it.

Perhaps $4500.00 would be closer to an accurate figure. This is purely assumption on my part but, the Anthony's don't appear to be in a financial category to have $45,000+ credit line extended to them on a credit card.

Also, if these purchases were made within one billing cycle....seems as though the credit card company would have notified Mrs. Anthony that charges were being made with her card that might be suspicious.

Although I find it annoying sometimes......my credit card company will put a "freeze" on my card and contact me immediately if there is any activity that looks suspect to them.

I agree. I am more apt to believe 4,500 than 45,000. I also agree with the points you made about the billing cycle, as this has happened to me before!

how could cindy not know way before she got that much . She would get a credit card statement each month and should notice if thousands were charged. You would have trouble charging 45000 in one month and the card company would call to check because they are worried about fraud when there are lots of charges at once.
I cant figure out why they didnt stop her or take the cards away from her and what did she do with 45000 ?
Plus who has that much available credit on credit cards anyway ? That seems like allot for people who didnt make that much money .

Where did she say she did this in 1 month?? I took it that Casey quit working in April of 06. Lauren stopped babysitting for her after she found out Casey was not working for Sports Autority. From April 2006 to 2008 I can see she probably lived it up on 45,000. Cindy worked during the day.. Casey "left" to go to work.. only to come back to the house. Casey could have easily picked up the mail and threw away the statements. She probably took the calls from the creditors or left the phone ring while Cindy was at work. Finally, Cindy probably found out and then just paid it off.

However, SP interview it sounded like she was saying it was Casey then changed it to George. Hmmmmm....

Where did she say she did this in 1 month?? I took it that Casey quit working in April of 06. Lauren stopped babysitting for her after she found out Casey was not working for Sports Autority. From April 2006 to 2008 I can see she probably lived it up on 45,000. Cindy worked during the day.. Casey "left" to go to work.. only to come back to the house. Casey could have easily picked up the mail and threw away the statements. She probably took the calls from the creditors or left the phone ring while Cindy was at work. Finally, Cindy probably found out and then just paid it off.

However, SP interview it sounded like she was saying it was Casey then changed it to George. Hmmmmm....
Well, someone was hiding the bills...

I seem to recall Cindy or Lee saying (maybe to the cops) that KC had one of Cindy's credit cards for Caylee's needs. Actually, I think it was Lee.

I read the interview and I don't think that SP meant that Casey spent all that money. IMHO, it's possible that the amount refers to the total of what Cindy removed from her 401K to pay off bills and credit cards and the such for both George and Casey. SP did mention George had opened a credit card in Cindy's name and possibly Casey had done the same.

I read the interview and I don't think that SP meant that Casey spent all that money. IMHO, it's possible that the amount refers to the total of what Cindy removed from her 401K to pay off bills and credit cards and the such for both George and Casey. SP did mention George had opened a credit card in Cindy's name and possibly Casey had done the same.
Yes, the interview kind of came across that way. But I believe it was a total amount like you said.
Rick even came up with a sum at one time, but I believe it was from talking to his mom, Shirley.

I guess LE would have subpoened those credit card statements from Cindy, JC Penney, Sears, etc...She tried to tell Yuri, during one of the interviews, that there was nothing on the statements and that was why he didn't need to have them. Like it's up to her to decide if it would be useful information or not. I also remember her saying there was only a JC Penney card that Casey had access to, then later it came out (from who I can't remember) that there was a Sears credit card too. $45,000 is a LOT of money, I find it hard to believe that even Casey could get away with stealing that much money, maybe it was George and Casey combined ?

My theory is a form of money laundering. She may have bought things with the credit cards that she could sell, pawn or barter (such as electronics) to get cash for her lifestyle.

My theory is a form of money laundering. She may have bought things with the credit cards that she could sell, pawn or barter (such as electronics) to get cash for her lifestyle.

Nah ..
Someone would have come forward long ago if that were the case ..

I just don't see how it could be 45K of credit card theft.. perhaps some crime was committed by KC or G that they had to pay restitution for.

I'm thinking it was more of an identity theft crime. I would think that KC stole CA's identity info, opened up a few accounts with CA's name and got herself a P.O. Box to send the bills to. The collector calls would call her cell phone(s) if she used those numbers on the credit ap.

I read the interview with SP to be that the 45k was a combination of GA & KC's, not just KC's. When I saw that SP referred to GA doing something similar to KC with credit cards I thought "hmmm, the apple sure doesn't fall far from the tree."

Unfortunately, I don't think it is that hard for someone young in today's culture to spend that much in a short time. Gas, parting, clothes, etc. If she bought even one designer handbag - then that could run $2000.00, couple of pairs of prada sunglasses = 600.00, etc.

I really should have paid far more attention to what she was wearing in the pictures to see if I could spot high-end labels.

She had trashy looking clothes, and trust me none of them were expensive.

I'm thinking it was more of an identity theft crime. I would think that KC stole CA's identity info, opened up a few accounts with CA's name and got herself a P.O. Box to send the bills to. The collector calls would call her cell phone(s) if she used those numbers on the credit ap.

I read the interview with SP to be that the 45k was a combination of GA & KC's, not just KC's. When I saw that SP referred to GA doing something similar to KC with credit cards I thought "hmmm, the apple sure doesn't fall far from the tree."

I am interested in this man whose home was burned and his billfold and Sears credit card was found with the remains. I believe KC was into a lot more than murder.

Additionally, if she was on some crazy shopping spree for a short period of time, where did she put all of her new goodies?

So I think that she did it over a matter of several months. But still, her clothing always appeared to be JCPenney/Target type clothing. I never saw anything that looked expensive.

So this begs the question: What DID she spend the money on? I just can't think of anything that you could use a credit card for that you wouldn't be bringing home evidence of purchasing, especially when you're talking about a good amount of money. I'm stumped.

I'm thinking Nancy Grace got it wrong and meant to say $4,500....

Cindy said herself early in the case it was $45,000. I did not believe her then, and I believe her even less now. I could go with George's online gambling adding up to that real fast, but KC has nothing expensive. Her shoes, her clothes, all of the things we have seen were of the Walmart, Target style and brands.

Additionally, if she was on some crazy shopping spree for a short period of time, where did she put all of her new goodies?

So I think that she did it over a matter of several months. But still, her clothing always appeared to be JCPenney/Target type clothing. I never saw anything that looked expensive.

So this begs the question: What DID she spend the money on? I just can't think of anything that you could use a credit card for that you wouldn't be bringing home evidence of purchasing, especially when you're talking about a good amount of money. I'm stumped.
I'm wondering if these were actual purchases, or was this a Visa/Mastercard that was used for cash advances with a PIN #? I also thought the amount was more like $4,000-5,000, and had been misstated by Nancy Grace as $45,000. I can't imagine they had one card with a limit that high, unless it was multiple cards over a period of time. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cryptocloud155
Back