Casey's credit card spending spree REVISITED

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm thinking it was more of an identity theft crime. I would think that KC stole CA's identity info, opened up a few accounts with CA's name and got herself a P.O. Box to send the bills to. The collector calls would call her cell phone(s) if she used those numbers on the credit ap.

Now that would make sense!!!! But if casey opened accounts fraudelently then cindy would not have been responsible to pay them and would not have needed to clear out her 401k to pay those bills.
Maybe the reason cindy did not press charges is she never had to repay that money because they were opened fraudulently ??

Nope, not buying that ANY of the Anthonys had credit good enough for a $20,000+ per year theft by Casey even if done over 2 years. NO WAY.
The ONE thing Casey might have done if she can forge Cindy's signature well enough would be related to the Anthony's real estate or taxed property like vehicles. She MIGHT have illegally borrowed against her parents' property in Cindy's name ( if the house mortgage was signed by Cindy alone) .. Might- Possibly- Theoretically. But I doubt it.

Otherwise, I know this family did not have credit worthiness enough for Casey to steal anywhere near that amount from them in credit cards, bad checks, ID theft involving either parent.

It makes me wonder if Cindy has lied about the amount of theft to the MSM to cover up the family's long term financial problems, or if maybe the A's worked out deals in the past to repay people Casey stole from so she wouldn't go to jail.. I can't understand how or why they would do that, but I suppose that since Cindy is such a huge co-dependent enabler that she might..
Seems like she could overlook a pregnancy, drug and alcohol abuse, promiscuous sexual overnighters, the 30 day disappearance of Caylee, the 2 year absence of a " Zanny" and continues to lie, at least to herself, about the murder of her grandbaby.

I'm thinking it was more of an identity theft crime. I would think that KC stole CA's identity info, opened up a few accounts with CA's name and got herself a P.O. Box to send the bills to. The collector calls would call her cell phone(s) if she used those numbers on the credit ap.

I read the interview with SP to be that the 45k was a combination of GA & KC's, not just KC's. When I saw that SP referred to GA doing something similar to KC with credit cards I thought "hmmm, the apple sure doesn't fall far from the tree."

Yeah but we knew that George was this way already.

Nope, not buying that ANY of the Anthonys had credit good enough for a $20,000+ per year theft by Casey even if done over 2 years. NO WAY.
The ONE thing Casey might have done if she can forge Cindy's signature well enough would be related to the Anthony's real estate or taxed property like vehicles. She MIGHT have illegally borrowed against her parents' property in Cindy's name ( if the house mortgage was signed by Cindy alone) .. Might- Possibly- Theoretically. But I doubt it.

Otherwise, I know this family did not have credit worthiness enough for Casey to steal anywhere near that amount from them in credit cards, bad checks, ID theft involving either parent.

It makes me wonder if Cindy has lied about the amount of theft to the MSM to cover up the family's long term financial problems, or if maybe the A's worked out deals in the past to repay people Casey stole from so she wouldn't go to jail.. I can't understand how or why they would do that, but I suppose that since Cindy is such a huge co-dependent enabler that she might..
Seems like she could overlook a pregnancy, drug and alcohol abuse, promiscuous sexual overnighters, the 30 day disappearance of Caylee, the 2 year absence of a " Zanny" and continues to lie, at least to herself, about the murder of her grandbaby.

Didn't Cindy empty her IRA and stuff too?

Now that would make sense!!!! But if casey opened accounts fraudelently then cindy would not have been responsible to pay them and would not have needed to clear out her 401k to pay those bills.
Maybe the reason cindy did not press charges is she never had to repay that money because they were opened fraudulently ??

But then Cindy would not have had the choice of "pressing charges" or not. Those Casey commited fraud against would have taken it from there and I don't think credit card companies would be as "understanding" (read- enabling) as Cindy.

Cindy said herself early in the case it was $45,000. I did not believe her then, and I believe her even less now. I could go with George's online gambling adding up to that real fast, but KC has nothing expensive. Her shoes, her clothes, all of the things we have seen were of the Walmart, Target style and brands.

I certainly don't put it past Cindy to blame Casey for George's financial .

Hey turbo!
So the Brian guys house was burned down? Did we find that out today?

Yes, we found that out today, and yes, his house burned.

The wallet was an old one that he had put in a drawer of something he had stored in his garage. The credit cards with it and in it were all old. He said when they were cleaning the house site after it burned they had hauled a lot of stuff off.

After reading SP's interview I'm not all that clear that the $45,000 dollars was all Casey's doing or if it was a combination of Casey and GA running up debt?

What did Casey spend the most of her money on? Huge cell phone bills for one, she was a texting all the time. She ran up a gigantic cell phone bill that she paid by using AH's checking account - that amount didn't go through as Casey had already drained AH's checking account with all the purchases at Target, Publix, and cashing a check to herself at BofA.

I can tell from all of the shoes and flip-flops that LE photographed and took that Casey didn't spend her money on shoes. The shoes and flip-flops looked old and worn out.

Her clothing wasn't that expensive either - I think it came from Target, American Eagle, and Walmart. It didn't look like Casey had a huge wardrobe from the photos of her room, she didn't have a big closet.

I'd love to really know what Casey did with her time when she wasn't working and what did she spend money on and where did she get her money from?

Additionally, if she was on some crazy shopping spree for a short period of time, where did she put all of her new goodies?

So I think that she did it over a matter of several months. But still, her clothing always appeared to be JCPenney/Target type clothing. I never saw anything that looked expensive.

So this begs the question: What DID she spend the money on? I just can't think of anything that you could use a credit card for that you wouldn't be bringing home evidence of purchasing, especially when you're talking about a good amount of money. I'm stumped.

Maybe she used the card for cash advances.

It seemed to me that Casey wasn't a high spender, just a spender. Spending a couple hundred dollars at Target on everyday items isn't hard to do, and cover-up.

She stole money from her girlfriend and used it at Target to buy stupid things. I don't think it was ever used for any big purchases... but she wasn't employed for a long time... no cash flow whatsoever... I think the money/credit cards were just used for everyday purchases.

I was just wondering... maybe part of the money owed...:confused::confused::confused:
is for the hospital bill for KC.... when little ANGEL CAYLEE
was born... cause... we know for sure... KC had NO JOB>>>
therefore... NO MEDICAL COVERAGE ? ! ? and then that
brings us back to... why WHY did KC not sign up for
Medical Benefits... and IF the Father of the child was KILLED
in Auto wreck... the CHILD of DECEASED person is due....SS
Social Security BENEFITS MONEY ! ! !
KC is weird !
KC IS A LIAR ~ that is why GA & CA had to pay out the
--- for her !

JMO
jjgram

*** SEEKING ~JUSTICE~ for Little Angel Caylee !
Murdered in June 2008 at the young age of 2 years old...
Probably by her so called Mother = KC Anthony

From what I understood from the interview with Shirley, the $45,000 was not KC's debt alone, but a combination of KC's and the other hustler George's debt. Cindy must have had zero self-esteem to have not completely cut both of them out of her life. I read Cindy's work sheets in the last document dump and she was not only working full time, she was also working a lot of overtime to support these two thieves. Cindy really has my sympathy on this one.

Do we have the timeframe in which that $45,000 was spent?

I was thinking about what she spent monthly. Very much off the top of my head, I can see her easily spending $1,500 per month:
- cell phone bill -$500
- a few hundred on clothes and incidentals for herself - $250
- a few hundred on clothes and stuffed animals and toys for Caylee (or did Cindy buy all that? I think there are a few references saying KC bought for Caylee) - $250
- eating at restaurants, bars, Subway - $250
- drinks at bars - $250
- did she pay for food or drinks for friends? that can add up

If the $45,000 was over a 2 or 3 year period, I can see where just what I listed would reach that amount. But I can't think of any large one-time expenditures that anyone has mentioned that she made, like a car or vacation.

ETA: saw the post above about KC not having insurance for herself or for Caylee. Caylee was supposed to have only 1 cold and I don't know if she was taken for regular checkups. I sort of doubt it, but if so, those check-ups would have been relatively costly to pay cash for.

KC seemed to get a lot of colds and flu. I don't recall any mentions of a doctor or getting antibiotics, but even over-the-counter cold/flu remedies along with Tylenol/Advil can add up as expenditures.

I was just wondering... maybe part of the money owed...:confused::confused::confused:
is for the hospital bill for KC.... when little ANGEL CAYLEE
was born... cause... we know for sure... KC had NO JOB>>>
therefore... NO MEDICAL COVERAGE ? ! ? and then that
brings us back to... why WHY did KC not sign up for
Medical Benefits... and IF the Father of the child was KILLED
in Auto wreck... the CHILD of DECEASED person is due....SS
Social Security BENEFITS MONEY ! ! !
KC is weird !
KC IS A LIAR ~ that is why GA & CA had to pay out the
--- for her !

JMO
jjgram

*** SEEKING ~JUSTICE~ for Little Angel Caylee !
Murdered in June 2008 at the young age of 2 years old...
Probably by her so called Mother = KC Anthony

Just a thought jjgram. I wonder if KC could have still been under her Mother's health insurance coverage ( I don't say Father because his IIRC his working time was intermittent). If so, then Caylee's birth might have been covered and wouldn't have run up that huge of a bill?

O/T the only reason I suggest that is that our children are covered either until 21 or up until 24 if they are attending college full time.

Many people I know have stashes of cash (especially older generation people who are paranoid about banks) so it may have been a situation like that. Also, CA and GA were in the process or had just declared bankruptcy if I recall and if the apple did not fall far from the tree may have hidden some assets that Casey could get a hold of.

For the record, several previous posts have alluded to $4500 or $45,000. Shirley P.'s interview stated $45,000 but it was clear she was unsure and guessing. That is where everyone is getting that figure from.

Many people I know have stashes of cash (especially older generation people who are paranoid about banks) so it may have been a situation like that. Also, CA and GA were in the process or had just declared bankruptcy if I recall and if the apple did not fall far from the tree may have hidden some assets that Casey could get a hold of.

For the record, several previous posts have alluded to $4500 or $45,000. Shirley P.'s interview stated $45,000 but it was clear she was unsure and guessing. That is where everyone is getting that figure from.

Shirley heard the $45K figure on television. Cindy never would tell her a figure.

Do we have the timeframe in which that $45,000 was spent?

I was thinking about what she spent monthly. Very much off the top of my head, I can see her easily spending $1,500 per month:
- cell phone bill -$500
- a few hundred on clothes and incidentals for herself - $250
- a few hundred on clothes and stuffed animals and toys for Caylee (or did Cindy buy all that? I think there are a few references saying KC bought for Caylee) - $250
- eating at restaurants, bars, Subway - $250
- drinks at bars - $250
- did she pay for food or drinks for friends? that can add up

If the $45,000 was over a 2 or 3 year period, I can see where just what I listed would reach that amount. But I can't think of any large one-time expenditures that anyone has mentioned that she made, like a car or vacation.

ETA: saw the post above about KC not having insurance for herself or for Caylee. Caylee was supposed to have only 1 cold and I don't know if she was taken for regular checkups. I sort of doubt it, but if so, those check-ups would have been relatively costly to pay cash for.

KC seemed to get a lot of colds and flu. I don't recall any mentions of a doctor or getting antibiotics, but even over-the-counter cold/flu remedies along with Tylenol/Advil can add up as expenditures.

O/T I rarely post here on KC boards, I do read though and just wanted to thank everyone for their hard work.

I like your break down BeanE it provoked me to think of the following.

45,000 divided by 24 months is 1875.00 a month. Not a stretch when looking at it that way especially for a woman that says about herself "I can blow through money" or something along those lines.

If we look at your breakdown then it's well within the realm of possibility.

But I'm wondering if the following scenario could also be a factor in the amount 45,000.00 being stolen.

That is, when you take a credit card out you can take a cash advance on many (kudos to the poster above to said this first) when you do that the interest rate on repayment can be astronomical. It can be upwards of 20-30%. Don't pay that card, and you get late fees, over the limit fees, and etc. to boot. Do that over a period of short time and you could open 2- 3 cards and have that kind of debt add up.

Until the meltdown of the economy, up until Jan 09 my Husband and I got offers for CC almost every single day. (I should have opted out, I have now). Cindy has a fairly decent paying job as a nurse. So I can see where she might get those offers too.

Just a few thoughts. I really have no idea how the money was spent, or stolen.

We know from George that Casey stole a 4,000.00 lump sum that she forged the deposit slip for. Then said she was held up at gun point. It may not be CC theft but probably a large sum over time. She stole from Lee also and Caylee so there's no telling how much over time Casey took.

Sgt. Beary stated in the first few weeks of the case ,"That KC is no stranger to the law"! Also young adults 18 and up are offered so many credit cards especially when applying for colleages, as kC faked doing. I can think of several different ways kC could have manipulated her mothers finances. This girl was committing felonies (financial) on her path of destruction. She worked so hard at being a criminal before she killed Caylee that it is still difficult to believe no one wanted to address these issues.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CPomerleau
Back