Casey's Diary Entry for June 21st & Missing Pages #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look carefully at Image 15 and you can see that the year is not written on the inside cover. It is the first page of the book, or fly leaf, which is often a heavier stock than the journal pages. Look carefully at the left side edges of the page and you can see a lighter purple area. That is a covering which is glued to the inside cover to conceal the edges of the outer covering of the book.

It still looks like pages were torn out though imo.

If this does prove to be from 08 it's so over. This is a confession, how could the defense EVER overcome this? There was a time not to long ago that the SA's office did say they had proof that this was not an accident, (sorry, no links, was a while back but I know there is a thread) and if there is 14 pages we have only the tip of the iceburg!

Haven't read this thread yet, but needed to vent after seeing the photo of the diary page!:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar
She wrote,"I'm just a little bit worried, I trust my judgment, I made the right decision, this is the happiest I have been, every day is a new day". These things were written on June 21st! 5 days after her daughter is seen for the last time, who in their right mind, writes garbage like that if you care anything about your missing daughter!!! Of course, we know how much it bothered her that she went to the neutral site of Blockbuster videos to rent videos arm & arm with Tony that very night!:furious::furious::furious: I hope Casey fries, H*ll isn't good enough for her!

I want to know why CA/GA did not READ HER DIARY- if your granddaughter is missing, wouldn't you the MINUTE your daughter was locked up immediately start looking thru ALL of her things for any clue??

Might it have been concealed somewhere? ... I wish that we knew the circumstances of LE finding the journal ... were they tipped and looked for it? It seems that I read somewhere that TonE mentioned a journal or diary.

Here's my thoughts. Why does almost everything in this case that at first appearance seems so damning end up with a loophole? This entry was perfect, fits the circumstances to a tee, then we get a better picture showing the '03 up in the corner. So now we have yet one more thing, maybe it is, maybe it isn't. GRRRRR!!!! I should probably be on the rant thread.
I just don't think this entry is from '08. I WISH it was from '08, but I doubt it. (MASSIVE CUSSING!!!!)
Lanie

I have my doubts now as well...when I initially saw the pic on wesh.com, '03 was not visible at all. However, I can see where pages are missing, so the possibility exists it's an old journal she began re-using last summer. I know my DD has many journals she has been given that are just sitting in a box.

I don't know what to think right now - and my concern is that a jury will doubt this as well. And I want the evidence to be airtight.

I'm going on my guts alone on this one, ignoring the '03 as there are many reasons that could be there and I believe this is a June 21, 2008 entry, one of several we haven't seen yet.

The pictures show both rooms just piled sky-high with junk, trinkets, papers, cards, letters. There has to be a reason that this particular notebook is relevant to the case now and not a hold-over from 2003.

FWIW I found this ... full of rumors but I thought I would post it for you all to read.

“… the little snot … I’ll fix her …” the diary is alleged to say in part. “First, a little cloroform (sp) and then (illegible). She won’t know. She’ll be a lot better off …”

http://derekclontz.wordpress.com/20...source-and-weve-got-world-exclusive-excerpts/

Well, if this is true, it would explain why the diary is still evidence. I mean, I can't see a 2003 diary passing muster with all those eyes examining it before making it public record. There has to be more to it than what we've seen today. Like you, Potato Head, I believe this is the real deal.

On the upper left of the hard back it says 03. I hope I am not seeing that right.

Maybe KC has a bad habit like me. LOL I have been known to buy diaries (in my younger days, who has time for them now) start tehm with every intention of writing in them every day, only to leave them for months on end, then write an "important entry" a few months even yes YEARS later. Or perhaps, she pulled this old journal/diary out thinking no one would read it since it is from 03. Maybe she is not as dumb as we think. LOL

Didn't read this whole thread. I started at the beginning and then jumped here.

June 21

--I have no regrets, just a bit worried. I just want for every-thing to work out okay. I completely trust my own judgement & know that I made the right decision. I just hope that the end justifies the means. I just want to know what the future will hold for me. I guess I will soon see.
--This is the happiest that I have been in a very long time. I hope that my happiness will continue to grow.
--I've made new friends that I really like. I've surrounded myself with good people.
--I am finally happy, let's just hope that it doesn't change.

Man o' man you don't have to read between the lines very hard to see that's a confession if it's from 2008. I think it obviously is. I don't think they'd take a picture of it if it wasn't.

Oh God....before I say anything else...I want to send a prayer out to the Anthony's today. If they don't already know about it, this recent info has got to be very very disturbing for them. So, my prayers are with them.

I have tried to remain objective in this case. Despite all the info released, I still had hope that Casey was innocent. Logically, the evidence was strong...but emotionally, I just wasn't ready to accept that she had done something horrible to her child. I didn't want to be too quick to judge. I wanted more evidence...and now that I've got it...my heart hurts...deeply, very deeply hurts. I was holding onto that 1% chance she was innocent...and after reading some of the new info, and seeing the crime scene photos...that 1% chance is gone....my hope is gone. I feel a hole in my heart, an emptiness in my stomach...I can't even imagine how the Anthony's feel.
Sorry for being so mushy and emotional....I had to get it out and I can't start sobbing at my desk. :(

We're here for people to vent to.

If you go to this Link and look at the picture #13 is of a Pez dispenser found around the scene. It's got a pumpkin head on it so if it was Caylee's then it must have been purchased around Halloween. One would think. :waitasec:

Maybe it was purchased by KC and left at the scene or maybe it has nothing to do with this case at all. :waitasec:

I want to know why CA/GA did not READ HER DIARY- if your granddaughter is missing, wouldn't you the MINUTE your daughter was locked up immediately start looking thru ALL of her things for any clue??

Did you see those rooms?

ACK! I don't know how a soul could be restful with all that clutter around. CA probably couldn't tell one book from another in all that mess of crappola.

oh i bet they did ..

Great, great points Bond - as always. I just wish I didn't have to read through pages and pages of comments about how the diary is going to hang Casey to get to yours.

In the general document thread I responded to a poster who asked why LE would be interested in a 2003 diary. I responded saying that at the time LE took the photograph, they would have no immediate way of knowing when the passage was written.

I was curious to see how LE would go about authenticating the date of the diary passage and I found this: http://www.enotes.com/forensic-science/ink-analysis

The last paragraph is particularly interesting. I think we should be on the look out for the results of forensic testing of this page

I had mentioned about handwriting and ink analysis somewhere in this thread but I didn't think to include a link. Thanks so much, Gailey, for thinking to do so. :clap:

The diary seems to have pages missing...a lot of pages ...

You can see it up-close here:
http://www.wftv.com/_blank/18740990/detail.html

I have ripped pages out of old diaries and re-used the diary. Why buy a new diary?This is probably what she did,she had an old diary, ripped the old entries out and started fresh.
JMO, pure speculation :)

Also picture #25 seems to be of some broken bamboo stalks that were growing there. Could this be linked to the bamboo at the A's house?

As I posted on another thread, when I first saw the diary pages, I thought the writing was recent, and pertained to her decision to break it off with rm and stay with al. However, after looking at all the pictures, I do agree that it was from '03. I also do not see that the pages prior to the 6/21 entry were torn out. I believe this is a school yearbook. I am not sure, but on the page that she wrote on, it looks like a watermark of a cat (perhaps a school mascot?) Also, you can see that the diary was placed on another book. In a separate picture you can see that the other book was also a school yearbook from 2001. So, I am thinking LE was pulling out her old books, and came upon the entry.

I am going to try to link the pictures, but not sure how.
http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/mostpopular/18740442/detail.html picture #13

http://www.wesh.com/slideshow/news/18741575/detail.html picture #40

this may have already been brought out, I am going back to read the posts in this thread now.

All, jmo

This is silly, but it crossed my mind about the "03". Caylee never made it to the age of three...zero/three or no/three. KWIM? I doubt that is what it stands for, but thought I would mention it.

We all know she prolly was happier then she has been, she was out from under Cindy's thumb and this was huge to her.

The diary seems to have pages missing...a lot of pages ...

You can see it up-close here:
http://www.wftv.com/_blank/18740990/detail.html

I have ripped pages out of old diaries and re-used the diary. Why buy a new diary?This is probably what she did,she had an old diary, ripped the old entries out and started fresh.
JMO, pure speculation :)

I do this constantly- I'll find an old notebook where only the first few pages were written on and I'll just rip them out and start again. This christmas I grabbed a notebook from my bedroom in my parents house, ripped out the pages and used it for school - until i noticed my high school boyfriends name doodled on the back - awkward.

So I don't have as much of a problem with the '03 since the pages are ripped out. They'll be able to tell when it was written thru ink testing, and possibly even carbon dating (does that work in such a short time frame?) If she wrote on the page, skin cells from her hands would have rubbed off on the page. Etc etc. I have faith! Confession it is!

I think it's 2008, myself. I think she tore out previous pages and started "afresh" that June date. I've kept diaries and usually you start off the beginning of the year with a new one--and often get tired of keeping it up. Rather than buy a new one, she had pages left in this book and decided to use it. Just an opinion, (I'm pretty sure it's mine!)

(bolded by me)

I agree. Whatever was wrote in previous pages was "the past" and she was now moving on to her "beautiful life" No sense in having things in there to remind her of what her past was, eh?

Also, the "'03" either goes with what I said above OR it was a reference to Caylee being almost 3?:waitasec: JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaexo21