Casey's Diary Entry for June 21st & Missing Pages #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually believe that this journal is from '08. The reason I think that is because she would have carried it with her and if you look, it's almost new. You can buy these from any Target or Walmart. But KC is a talker. She wants to tell everyone everything about herself whether it's true or not. I beleive that she bought this journal to write in to convince herself that what she did was ok. She knew that she couldn't tell anyone what she did, so to write her thoughts down to reinforce that she did what she had to do isn't far fetched to me at all. I believe she writes quite often. Remember she has ordered writing pads and pens while in jail.

Seriously, the entire A family has a thing for yellow pads and notebooks and writing things down. Even the trash lady found stuff that probably should have been shredded.

IMO, the book would have been with her at AL's since that's where she was staying at that time. Once she left his apartment, she never got the opportunity to get it back. Lee could have overlooked a bag or something when he got her stuff.

ETA: to straighten myself out, LE appears to have gotten it from the A house so who the heck knows.

I would have to agree.

I also think the media is being selective in what they're releasing to us (relative to what they've received from LE) to create controversy where there may be none. The fact that some outlets are cropping out the "'03" in the corner only reinforces this belief.

Just because WESH says it doesn't make it so.

I want it to be June 21 2008 as much as anyone but based on the evidence it appears that it's most likely a journal from 2003.

Please look and compare the handwriting

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/1080375/0825-Casey-Anthony-Documents-released-part-1

sorry, thought it would go right to the page but it didn't, go to page 36, CA written statement, looks very similar to the journal writing IMVHO.

Maybe this isn't KC's journal at all but CA and it is an "03" journal and it is speaking of her married life and all that and really doesn't have anything to do with KC and Caylee at all?

Excellent work, Truth! The more I look at Cindy's handwriting, and compare it to the diary, the more I believe you've hit it. Well-done!

I still don't get it. Why would a pregnancy test from 2003 be relevant to this case?

It isn't - I was talking about the journal not the pregnancy test. If it was dated in 2003, and Casey was pregnant ( not with Caylee) and had decided to have an abortion of give a child up for adoption , then that would explain her journal entry and why the police believe it is relevant to this case.

Just to throw this out there but IIRC KC's handwritten statement was all big and bubbly in it's "look" this doesn't look the same to me. Gonna have to go back and find that now. Grrrrr.

I thought the same thing, Truthie. Her handwriting in the statement she gave police reminded me of a stretched out "Slinky." Her journal handwriting is substantially different. Do we have a handwriting analyst "on staff" here? :)

Excellent work, Truth! The more I look at Cindy's handwriting, and compare it to the diary, the more I believe you've hit it. Well-done!

This is not Cindy's writing. Look at the capital I and the t crossings. This is Casey's writing for sure.

I find it really difficult to believe that even "clueless Casey" could have written this entry on June 21, 2008. It's a "passage" entry, cryptic and full of innuendo that could point towards the killing of Caylee. Why on earth would she #1...write such a piece and more importantly #2...why would she leave it to be found and #3....where was it found? On the 21st of June, 2008, she was not living at home was she?

Listen, I know most of you WANT to believe this journal is from '08 but no one knows that. Its says '03 on the inside cover.

Whatever reasoning LE took photo's of it, we will probably find out later. But let's be realistic about this. It is a very high tech world, and we all know how much kc loved myspace, photobucket, her cell phone. That is why she put 'diary of days' on myspace. She was very vague, and what she wrote could have to do with ANYTHING.

Yes, her handwriting is the same as it is currently but so is mine after 20 years? Whats the point?

Look how much crap was in those rooms. Looks to me like she saved everything. Including old diaries!

The media is running with this cropped photo that doesn't show '03. Makes me change my mind about everything I hear on TV now...

Bob Kealing on WESH just said that "sources" are telling him that the diary entries are from Summer 2008.

And I have to wonder if she might be mentally ill to have left a written account of her liberation.

Listen, I know most of you WANT to believe this journal is from '08 but no one knows that. Its says '03 on the inside cover.

Whatever reasoning LE took photo's of it, we will probably find out later. But let's be realistic about this. It is a very high tech world, and we all know how much kc loved myspace, photobucket, her cell phone. That is why she put 'diary of days' on myspace. She was very vague, and what she wrote could have to do with ANYTHING.

Yes, her handwriting is the same as it is currently but so is mine after 20 years? Whats the point?

Look how much crap was in those rooms. Looks to me like she saved everything. Including old diaries!

The media is running with this cropped photo that doesn't show '03. Makes me change my mind about everything I hear on TV now...

I totally agree with you. No matter how much we want it to be '08, it's not. And although the writing may look slightly different (yes, "slinky-like"!) in her statement, the same basics are there if you look closely. JMO -- but it IS her handwriting -- and, unfortunately, it IS '03.

FWIW I don't think this is a school yearbook. This book is laying on top of the assumed school yearbook, which is lying longways underneath it. That would make this journal book only about 8" tall--too short for a yearbook. I think this is a ruled journal available at your local Target store.

You are probably correct. Heaven knows she likes to Target shop. My reference to the 2001 book was that this journal/yearbook/diary was probably with the 2001 book, up on a shelf somewhere and not taken out for quite some time. You can tell from the pictures that LE took everything down, and they must have been looking for something. I am not discounting the importance of this. Even if it just goes to show how she is always changing her friends and trying to revamp her lifestyle.

I don't much like what it says of me, but my dislike of Casey would want me to think that this is a 08 diary, however unless they can find dates elsewhere in the writings or can determine that the diary was only sold during a certain time window how can they be sure? They can certainly date the ink but is the test so sensitive that ink can be dated to the year and not just a decade or ?

CA's writing from that link does not match the journal writing in any way - look at the g's, t-bars, personal pronoun I, lettering is pointier and more connected as well, additionally the lower case a's and o's are not the same.

I'm just throwing this question out there but if LE just took a picture of this page do they release it to the defense if they do not plan on using it and it has no significance? In discovery do they give the defense everything or just everything they are going to use at trial?

ETA: I don't see any value to this at all if it was not written in 2008

I do think there is a purpose to taking a picture, just not sure what it is. My guess is that they are using it to show her personality...how "Me, Me, Me" she is... how she makes decisions and justifies them. How she thinks!!

OMG! Hopes the end justifies the means?!?!? :eek: :mad:

I was so sad when I read that page. "She's happier than she's ever been". Happy after killing her child (that's MHOO). I have an 11 year old, and can't even imagine spanking him - he's my shining star.

How could tot-mom do this? Is there confirmation she wrote this after Caylee had passed.

All the best,

Melanie

They will be able to contact the manufacturer of the journal and verify when it was made. My guess is the year could have been placed there as a ruse just in case things didn't go according to her plan and someone did find it.

They can probably age the ink as well.

But if it was an 03 diary don't you think they would have released more than just one page? I think they're sitting on it for a reason.

It doesn't look like Cindy's writing at all imo. It may just bee that Casey printed on her statement, and she usually does a cursive/print combo like in this journal entry. Look at the signature on the forged check here.

Page 29
http://www.clickorlando.com/download/2008/1008/17656080.pdf

My writing looks totally different in different situations. If I am writing something I am happy about and want to write about, then it is really nice and neat. If I'm taking minutes at a meeting, it's pretty sloppy.

I do think there is a purpose to taking a picture, just not sure what it is. My guess is that they are using it to show her personality...how "Me, Me, Me" she is... how she makes decisions and justifies them. How she thinks!!

True she is about me,me,me but is it relevant how she thinks in 2003, 5 years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhokilledBettie?