Casey's Diary Entry for June 21st & Missing Pages #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My observations, which are likely repeats of other's....

(snipped)

4. The diary certainly is not a school yearbook as can be seen by the cover, but it was photographed on top of the 2001 yearbook (last image).

Right - I think it is from Peter Pauper Press ... it is a journal.

Here is an example from peter pauper - although this is not the book. I am sure that her book is in this series (cattitude) or done by the same artist.

9781593595722_T.jpg

I agree - not a yearbook, it is a journal, I had not seen the photo of the cover until now. It does look like it comes from that artist, if so I am sure they can date when that journal was purchased. I have looked at the 2 pages over and over again today. I only hope it is the nail in the coffin we all hope it is, and that it can be proved in Court.

1. The diary is missing a lot of pages between the two shown as seen by the page remnants in the spine, and as implied by a seemingly few number of pages between the cover and left page as well as the cover and right page.

2. The penmanship is different between the two. Obviously, the left page is printed and the right is cursive.

3. In the left page image one can see four colored pens beneath the book, including one that appears to be pink and may be the one used to write in this book.

4. The diary certainly is not a school yearbook as can be seen by the cover, but it was photographed on top of the 2001 yearbook (last image).

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hi there, JWG. :) Is the 2001 yearbook the one with the brick design? TIA

Okay - this is where being an editor who sees a zillion books is helpful.

That cat on the journal page is done by Peter Pauper Press.

(edited to add) Okay - the cat is very similar to the style of the cats at Peter Pauper.

Hmmm... good find. I found a very similar cat in their 'Catitude' calendar and they do make a ton of journals, so you might be correct to the make of the book.

Thanks JWG for posting the cover. Fox's Holly Bristow (sp?) also says in the video report that the diary was found by LE in the bedside table of KC's room.

1. The diary is missing a lot of pages between the two shown as seen by the page remnants in the spine, and as implied by a seemingly few number of pages between the cover and left page as well as the cover and right page.

2. The penmanship is different between the two. Obviously, the left page is printed and the right is cursive.

3. In the left page image one can see four colored pens beneath the book, including one that appears to be pink and may be the one used to write in this book.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I hadn't seen a picture of the front of the journal yet. Thanks for posting it. And I agree with everything you posted.

Wow.

I just agree in the logic that the date correlates to her state of mind as shown by herself in her celebratory behavior after Caylee went missing and the fact she never said a word to another living person until 31 days later.

Plus, the decompisition in her car in which only she had possession until towed and then remained in a tow yard locked up until G & CA picked it up!

And on and on by Casey's own words.......and actions.

Circumstances don't lie and cannot be changed.......they are what they are.....JMOO.

And I really don't believe the state would ever need to include such evidence for absolutely no reason other than it's probative value in court as to her state of mind, which is in direct opposition to her own statements.

ETA--I forgot the quote! Bolded below in next post........sorry.

The journal page entry w which the State chose to fuel the media frenzy and further inflame the public this time is simply **advertiser censored* date (any date beyond the 15th will do... :rolleyes:) during the month of **advertiser censored* June (nevermind it appears to be the June five years prior...). Every year has a June, and most diaries from any given year will also likely include this month... :rolleyes:

Never have I seen a worse case of the State trying, quite so obviously and vigorously, to use a rabid media to demonize a defendant. The bottom line is people who want KC stoned to death for the worst imaginable heinous coldblooded killing are determined, irrespective of fact, to interpret each new piece of info and shred of evidence in the most grotesque, gruesome, grisly and sinister light possible, projecting onto it every conceivable evil connotation. A lynchmob and witchhunt all rolled into one. I'll defer judgment until trial when we hear from an ink expert w test results. No one can any longer lend a voice of reason to "Caylee" threads anyway, so great is the thirst for blood. JMO

:parrot:

Did you write this ? or is that written somewhere else

I just want to say Bravo if you did because that is my feelings about it as well. But i beg to differ on the sentence I bolded ;) because that is not me - and there are a VERY few that also are the same...

Thanks JWG for posting the cover. Fox's Holly Bristow (sp?) also says in the video report that the diary was found by LE in the bedside table of KC's room.

WEll that is interesting ! because I got this next to her bed

picture.php

in the bedside table, not on it, if I wasn't clear.

Not to disagree JIO, but I have yet to see a singular sign of KC being stressed out other than when she threw a tantrum in jail while visiting with her parents. Other than that time, it was all hot body contests and brownies. :rolleyes:

Yes, why in the world would LE be interested in a page from a diary that Casey would have written when she was 16 years old? A junior in high school? Long before any of these events were even a thought in anyones mind? Either this is an explosive piece of evidence or completely nothing. If it was completely nothing, why did it turn up in the doc dumps?

It's hard to draw a concrete conclusion based on this single page. I think dating the item may have a lot to do with the 13 other pages that haven't yet been revealed.

Yes, why in the world would LE be interested in a page from a diary that Casey would have written when she was 16 years old? A junior in high school? Long before any of these events were even a thought in anyones mind? Either this is an explosive piece of evidence or completely nothing. If it was completely nothing, why did it turn up in the doc dumps?

To me, this is as much of a bombshell as Scott Peterson saying, "This is my first Christmas without my wife since I lost her"!:eek::eek::eek:

On June 20th, we have her partying at Fusion late into the night. The pings on the 21st per this info in the stickies. JWG posts this investigative info

Pings seem to indicate Casey spent the entire day at AL, however the following gaps > 1 hour allow for travel in the area:

up to 03:10:09
03:10:09 to 09:31:28 (3 hr 20 min)
13:26:47 to 15:59:23 (2 hr 30 min)
18:40:38 to 20:13:25 (1 hr 30 min)
21:07:42 onward

TELL ME.. HOW DOES SHE GET BACK TO THE HOUSE ON A SATURDAY JUNE 21st , CINDY'S DAY OFF... write this information down and leave????

Do we have records for GA or CA to see if they were home all day that Saturday?

As a juror, I would discern this to be a RED HERRING... based upon the ping records. Oh.. how easily we fall for media reports after we have already sleuthed this one out. This is NOTHING. The duct tape and red heart is the nail in the coffin.

On June 20th, we have her partying at Fusion late into the night. The pings on the 21st per this info in the stickies. JWG posts this investigative info

TELL ME.. HOW DOES SHE GET BACK TO THE HOUSE ON A SATURDAY JUNE 21st , CINDY'S DAY OFF... write this information down and leave????

As a juror, I would discern this to be a RED HERRING... based upon the ping records. Oh.. how easily we fall for media reports after we have already sleuthed this one out. This is NOTHING. The duct tape and red heart is the nail in the coffin.

Maybe she had it with her at TL's? Then it got back to the A's house when Lee went and got all her stuff? Just thinking out loud here.

Just to pile on a little more speculation...

KC knew she had that old journal lying around somewhere in her room, and on one of her stops between the 16th and 21st picked it up and brought it back to AL's. As she is flipping through it she is drawn to her opening page: EVERY DAY IS A NEW BEGINNING.

"Damn straight", she thinks, and decides to write briefly about her new beginning. She tears out the pages discussing her "old" life, and writes a one-page memo to self about her new-found freedom. :mad:

OK, I see your point, so then again, I ask, why would it turn up in these particular doc dumps if it was nothing? (also, did she carry this diary with her in her bag, or just write in it when she was in her room at home?)

Yes, the prosecution will have to prove that
1. Casey wrote this (easy enough to do with handwriting analysis, if it is in her hand)
2. It was actually written after her child was killed

I'm not seeing proof of either given just this page.

Just to pile on a little more speculation...

KC knew she had that old journal lying around somewhere in her room, and on one of her stops between the 16th and 21st picked it up and brought it back to AL's. As she is flipping through it she is drawn to her opening page: EVERY DAY IS A NEW BEGINNING.

"Damn straight", she thinks, and decides to write briefly about her new beginning. She tears out the pages discussing her "old" life, and writes a one-page memo to self about her new-found freedom. :mad:

Very plausible, sort of rewriting her own history, leaving out all things in between that she wished never happened.
Tony did say she was writing in her journal. Can't wait to find out if there are any more entries. I am not counting on this to be the smoking gun though, unless they can show that this journal was recently purchased, or there is direct mention on the following pages of current events, such as al, ah, flat tires, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AtroRed