Casey's Diary Entry for June 21st & Missing Pages #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but what if '03 had anything to do with Caylee's upcoming birthday?

That is what is what I am saying.. guess you said it better.
The jury will have alot to decipher. This only matters to the case and is revelant is if the SA can prove it was authored in 2008. I am going to take some time to review the "changes in friends" She was still hanging with Kristina, Amy, RM, Ryan, Mark even tho she started dating TL and hanging with his people. But in 2007 it seemed like Lauren, Annie, Jesse and those friends went away. She could have wrote this in 2007.

The only way that this diary entry will be seen or heard about by any jury is if the state decides to introduce it as evidence.

If the state decides to do that, it will have to jump through a few procedural hoops such as foundation and relevance - meaning proving to the judge and opposing counsel that this thing is what it appears to be. First, expect an expert to testify re: whether it matches Casey's handwriting, etc. (*BTW-State may in the future be seeking additional handwriting samples if testing on those it has already cannot conclusively be used to determine whether or not she wrote this entry.) After the expert lays the foundation for it being her writing, then same or different expert will go on to discuss how he/she arrives at an opinion as to WHEN the entry was written into this particular journal. Point is that the entirety of all of this is done with several expert witnesses BEFORE any of the substance of what is written is even ALLOWED to be heard/read by the jury. Without such a foundation being laid to begin with, JBaez and/or any other defense lawyer would object to the introduction of the evidence on basis of relevance and foundation, going to inflammatory, etc.

If the state does nothing with it at trial during their case-in-chief against Casey, the jury will never hear about it or see it, as JB will not use it as evidence.

That is what is what I am saying.. guess you said it better.
The jury will have alot to decipher. This only matters to the case and is revelant is if the SA can prove it was authored in 2008. I am going to take some time to review the "changes in friends" She was still hanging with Kristina, Amy, RM, Ryan, Mark even tho she started dating TL and hanging with his people. But in 2007 it seemed like Lauren, Annie, Jesse and those friends went away. She could have wrote this in 2007.

I thought so but wasn't sure. Will be very interesting to find out for sure when it was written. I hadn't even thought of that change, good catch!

(respectfully snipped)

I prefer to think of it as...healthy debate;) haha

But seriously, I love reading the debate/bickering/alternate viewpoints, because it gives me an idea of what ideas/scenarios could be presented at trial.

I think the debate really necessary to help form solid ideas....it would be a miracle if we all agreed;) It's a crime forum, it's bound to happen.

Cheers:)

I so agree with you! I learn much more, it seems, from those with whom I disagree. Reading their logic and defending my own. One really has to be on their toes here!

I apologise in advance if anyone has bought this up. I have only got to page 9 of this thread and I wanted to get this down before I forget.

Does anyone know where the "Mrs Lazaro" doodlings can be found? What kind of paper and what colour pen? I would like to compare...

If the doodlings can be matched to either the red pen or the paper from the diary, then that would be FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC would it not? It would place her with the pen and/or the diary during the time of Caylee's "disappearance" and would date the diary entry!

Yes it would!! I hope someone has that and posts it quickly.

I have been searching for hours, and I cannot find where this journal is listed on any property records. The only thing remotely close is a listing of "2 handwritten notes" that were found in Caylee's room. I was looking for this listing in case it listed a name brand of the journal or something.
I'm looking too.

Not found anything.

I would expect the Diary to be listed?

SNIPPED: "... The Anthony's started this freak-show, not LE or the SA. And they could have stopped it, but didn't.

The SA is just more successful at manipulating the media-- that's all. It's not that they are evil or unjust. It's just that they have all the cards, and the defense has very few.

Call it an abuse of power, but what is justice but the full power of the state wielded deftly against its criminals?

The only flaw I see with your post above is that it was the state's attorney who filed a Motion Seeking a Gag Order - and the defense OPPOSED IT. So apparently the defense doesn't feel the way you do. :waitasec:

Exactly. Thank you for pointing this out... completely agree.

Yes, pathetic. Really pitiful.

No. I have no dog in this race, neither am I out for a pound of flesh. People who are genuinely in search of the "truth" maintain their objectivity, refrain from making hasty accusations, and are willing to reserve judgment until they have heard both sides and the facts have at least been presented in context. That's all I've done. Because then you might actually have a prayer of ever getting to the truth.

But clearly this particular five year-old entry is just the sort of ambiguous fodder to stoke the fires of hatred, rumor mills, and some of the more "high level" sleuthing. JMO

:parrot:

You're assuming it's a five year old entry. Some of us don't. And we're looking for truth with all the information available along with our own experiences, logic and other skills. Again, it seems like you think we shouldn't be discussing this without the trial transcripts. Would make for a pretty short discussion today, wouldn't it?

I've seen several posts from multiple posters whose opinions on things changed when other information became available. In fact, my opinions have changed dramatically over the course of the case. I think a lot of us, if not most of us, have evolving opinions that we like to discuss with each other. If that's not your preference, well, our loss. But please don't condemn others because they enjoy it. :)

I so agree with you! I learn much more, it seems, from those with whom I disagree. Reading their logic and defending my own. One really has to be on their toes here!

Same here. I like the critical thinking involved in it all, from both sides:)

Cheers to you!

maybe something - maybe not

were the grandparents seperating at that time. comtemplating a divorce ??

I'm looking too.

Not found anything.

I would expect the Diary to be listed?

Good luck in your search. Be open to other descriptors -- journal, book, notebook, etc.

ETA: Earlier in the thread, someone posted it was found in the nightstand drawer. Maybe items taken from that area would help find it?

The only flaw I see with your post above is that it was the state's attorney who filed a Motion Seeking a Gag Order - and the defense OPPOSED IT. So apparently the defense doesn't feel the way you do. :waitasec:

and here I thought the flaw was including the term: 'Borderline'

:)

I do so enjoy it whenever that gag order motion is brought up. Just really puts an end to that whole argument, doesn't it? wtg!

tht22656804.jpg

I have seen the photo and it may look entirely different in reality. The pen could have "skipped" and the 08 could very well look like 03. Photos can be misleading.
I agree, we can't really tell from a photograph if there's any changes in discoloration of the pages or the darkness of the ink.

The only way that this diary entry will be seen or heard about by any jury is if the state decides to introduce it as evidence.

If the state decides to do that, it will have to jump through a few procedural hoops such as foundation and relevance - meaning proving to the judge and opposing counsel that this thing is what it appears to be. First, expect an expert to testify re: whether it matches Casey's handwriting, etc. (*BTW-State may in the future be seeking additional handwriting samples if testing on those it has already cannot conclusively be used to determine whether or not she wrote this entry.) After the expert lays the foundation for it being her writing, then same or different expert will go on to discuss how he/she arrives at an opinion as to WHEN the entry was written into this particular journal. Point is that the entirety of all of this is done with several expert witnesses BEFORE any of the substance of what is written is even ALLOWED to be heard/read by the jury. Without such a foundation being laid to begin with, JBaez and/or any other defense lawyer would object to the introduction of the evidence on basis of relevance and foundation, going to inflammatory, etc.

If the state does nothing with it at trial during their case-in-chief against Casey, the jury will never hear about it or see it, as JB will not use it as evidence.

Thank you.. my stance is there is alot of "evidence" that has been taken in. The totality is overwhelming and my orginial take on this is I do not believe we have enough information on this piece of evidence to let this get to inflammatory here.

However, I will admit in my orginal post I worried that the jury would have sooo much information to process that they without proof of date written (ink analysis) and only had the '03 or the June 21st to go by that they may not remember where Casey may have been on that particular date. The jury would not be able to (like we are) to speculate whether or not she had the journal with her or not with her or if it was placed or not placed back in the drawer.

You have alleviated my worry.

Never said a "conspiracy against poor KC." I would hate to disillusion anyone, but this is common practice and strategy because unlike defense, prosecution is unable to discuss the case in the media. Commonly known. JMO

:parrot:
No, you said the media was out to demonize Casey, I think she's doing a fine job of that all by herself, she needs no help from the media. I think she's a monster!

Okay the writing is up and down in the Statement and in the journal entry it is slanted to the right

The letters are different

IMO different person

There is straight writing on the journal too (the print part)...it's not all slant.:)

No, you said the media was out to demonize Casey, I think she's doing a fine job of that all by herself, she needs no help from the media. I think she's a monster!

you're right! the media doesn't need to demonize her because she's already one of devil's wives!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PrancingJeeves