Casey's Diary Entry for June 21st & Missing Pages #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OLG, I admire raw honesty even if it's "ugly".

People are people whether they are police or ministers. There's always a dishonest one somewhere in the bunch.

And then there's this thing that happens like burnout or something - if you can't fight city hall, etc.

I once said to a brain surgeon in parting, "Good luck tomorrow." He shrugged and said, "What will be will be." That freaked me out! I realized he could not carry the weight of the consequences of the outcome of his surgery on his shoulders. He'd been at it too long.

Anyway, a person who's been inside so-to-speak of different organizations, systems and cultures can tell it like it is from their perspective versus the how we would like to think it is perspective. I always appreciate that.

Keep healing and stay out of jail!:)

I am not convinced that Casey killed her daughter. I do not believe Casey is a Sociopath, I actually believe that Casey feels much (when she allows herself to and doesn't disassociate instead).

I do not blindly trust LE, never have, I was raised not to. I know from my own life experiences that they lie, they are allowed to. They pit people against one another (they will tell you your own mother turned you in when she did not.. whatever it takes), they fake test results to media, they pretend drug dealers and people with warrants have won money as a way to get them to show up places so they can be arrested (held accountable)..

But, if all they have is their lies and no actual proof or evidence? it is very rare that the DA would even file charges much less that a jury would convict... It's insulting that you try to make it sound that our society would FALL FOR LE's lies that easily, really, society isn't dumb like that anymore. We don't blindly believe good is good and bad is bad.

Much of the time LE lies because they know their lies will scare the people into confessing and then they will plea. I know it doesn't ALWAYS happen this way but often, with most of the people I know of? This has been the case. Cops lie to scare ya and criminals often fall for it. I have no stats, I have not been on a jury and I'm not a lawyer. I am a convicted felon, a life long petty criminal (LOL- 6 yrs crime free) who does NOT trust LE blindly.. to ME, LE (not the criminal) is guilty until proven innocent.

Though I think it's likely Casey killed Caylee I am not 100% sure... I have not seen evidence enough. What I do know is this- I trust Yuri, I do. And I trust that Sheriff dude (you can't FAKE emotions like that). I have the feeling they are going to be able to back up their ... I will have lost my new found hope in LE (having them be truthful and trust-worthy and stand firm to their word) if not.

: /

wow ..

Ah, I love the subtle riposte, pare and thrust, of well reasoned discussion.

I can get a lot more subtle if you wish? But when I see a statement in a post such as

" to ME, LE (not the criminal) is guilty until proven innocent"

I'm rendered speechless and a "wow" is about all I can muster.

Sorry to disappoint, HP!

I can get a lot more subtle if you wish? But when I see a statement in a post such as

Sorry to disappoint, HP!

I think OLG was just acknowledging the fact that LE do lie as a means to an end. We've all seen it before, investigators lying to get a confession out of someone; the person doesn't cave in and they have to let them go because they have nothing to hold them on. (thinking about the show "48 hours") To me she is saying "show your hand" rather than allowing herself to be bluffed by LE. When they show their hand, i.e. "back up their " in court, they can be trusted. At least, that's how I read the post.

Sorry to disappoint, HP!
Reprinting and entire lengthy post and saying "Wow" twice does not even explain what bit you are saying wow about or whether you are saying wow "I agree" or wow "I do not agree"

I still do not know?

It seems like a VERY negative view of LE to me? I am aware of imperfections, but I respect and support LE as a whole. Certainly they are in a different class to the perp in this case.

I think OLG was just acknowledging the fact that LE do lie as a means to an end. We've all seen it before, investigators lying to get a confession out of someone; the person doesn't cave in and they have to let them go because they have nothing to hold them on. (thinking about the show "48 hours") To me she is saying "show your hand" rather than allowing herself to be bluffed by LE. When they show their hand, i.e. "back up their " in court, they can be trusted. At least, that's how I read the post.

When it comes to solving a crime and seeing that justice prevails the "little white lie" is a tactic that has been used with varied success. The "we already know what you did, so you might as well tell your side of it" tactic is not proprietary to the LE community but was effectively used by my parents as well. :D

To make a statement to the effect that LE is the bad guy because they trick criminals into confessing rubs me the wrong way and to suggest in this case that there is one giant LE conspiracy to frame KC, in my opinion is ludicrous. While I admire OLG's forthcomingness (if that's even a word, it sounded good to me) regarding her past and present, I'm afraid I have to side with LE whenever possible. Working in public safety myself and having a father that was LE for 35 years, I've see first hand what an entirely thankless job it is and whole heartedly disagree with the broad brush stroke statements contained in OLG's post. If you don't want to be under LE's microscope, don't commit crimes. If you commit a crime and are caught, too bad so sad try being a law abiding citizen like the rest of us (this is not pointed at OLG, I just want to make that clear) but I do get tired of criminals accusing hard working police officers of being the bad guys. Sorry, it's the other way around.

Like I've said, this is not pointed at OLG but at the attitude that prevails out there that somehow all cops are dirty and are out to frame good upstanding citizens.

When it comes to solving a crime and seeing that justice prevails the "little white lie" is a tactic that has been used with varied success. The "we already know what you did, so you might as well tell your side of it" tactic is not proprietary to the LE community but was effectively used by my parents as well. :D

To make a statement to the effect that LE is the bad guy because they trick criminals into confessing rubs me the wrong way and to suggest in this case that there is one giant LE conspiracy to frame KC, in my opinion is ludicrous. While I admire OLG's forthcomingness (if that's even a word, it sounded good to me) regarding her past and present, I'm afraid I have to side with LE whenever possible. Working in public safety myself and having a father that was LE for 35 years, I've see first hand what an entirely thankless job it is and whole heartedly disagree with the broad brush stroke statements contained in OLG's post. If you don't want to be under LE's microscope, don't commit crimes. If you commit a crime and are caught, too bad so sad try being a law abiding citizen like the rest of us (this is not pointed at OLG, I just want to make that clear) but I do get tired of criminals accusing hard working police officers of being the bad guys. Sorry, it's the other way around.

Like I've said, this is not pointed at OLG but at the attitude that prevails out there that somehow all cops are dirty and are out to frame good upstanding citizens.
I agree with you. I did actually get the impression that your "Wow" indicated the opposite view.
Bringing it back to the topic: It is apparent from these document dumps that LE are being selective about what they release and when, but I do not have a problem with that, it is an ongoing investigation. Releasing the DIARY pic doesn't seem to me to be part of some LE conspiracy or trick.

Sorry to disappoint, HP!

My post was a response to a poster who's collective posts seem to be implying that we believe Casey killed her daughter simply because LE says she did. That we believe their (LE's) lies, their stories, their "leaks" and more or less already have her convicted because we trust LE. The point of my post was to share that although there may be some who trust LE just because they are LE, there are some people (like me) who do not.

I'm sorry if my lack of trust in LE (though not in this case as I have already said) bothers you- we come from very different worlds.. my perspective comes from a different place but I have no shame because of that.

The point of my post was to let the poster who I was responding to know that I'm not a mouse in it's wheel running round and round, I do not blindly trust LE just because they are LE.. and I don't think everyone else here does either. :blowkiss:

My post was a response to a poster who's collective posts seem to be implying that we believe Casey killed her daughter simply because LE says she did. That we believe their (LE's) lies, their stories, their "leaks" and more or less already have her convicted because we trust LE. The point of my post was to share that although there may be some who trust LE just because they are LE, there are some people (like me) who do not.

I'm sorry if my lack of trust in LE (though not in this case as I have already said) bothers you- we come from very different worlds.. my perspective comes from a different place but I have no shame because of that.

The point of my post was to let the poster who I was responding to know that I'm not a mouse in it's wheel running round and round, I do not blindly trust LE just because they are LE.. and I don't think everyone else here does either. :blowkiss:
Thanks for the expansion/clarification. I don't have any probs with that position myself.

As one of your best Presidents said: "Trust, but verify"

If you have ever read my posts, my opinions, on crime even crimes commited by people with mental illness you would know I don't think anyone should be excused for their criminal behaviors, ever- including ME! I don't think people are punished harshly enough for many crimes. NOBODY should get away with crime, nobody! I excuse NOTHING- that is not what that post was about (where you read in that post that I have a problem with LE lying I have no idea because I have no problem with the fact that they are allowed to lie).

The post was acknowledging that I am well aware that LE can lie (the poster I was responding to kept bringing that up as if we didn't know, as if we trust them simply because they have a badge) The poster also wrote about some Universal ID in the garage that was gone when LE left- implying LE took it, like they are trying to set Casey up... my post was acknowledging that while I don't normally simply trust in LE, I do trust Yuri and that sheriff guy.

But I felt sharing my honest mind-set (no blind trust) was an important part of the point I was trying to get across- that me, a felon who isn't big on cops seriously doubts the LE involved in this case is lying to try to fake evidence and steal from the Anthony's garage to set Casey up for the murder of her daughter. If I was a cop hater I'd have agreed with what the poster was saying, don't ya think? I don't believe LE would do such a thing. In other words- I was disagreeing with her post.

Thanks for the expansion/clarification. I don't have any probs with that position myself.

As one of your best Presidents said: "Trust, but verify"

LOL We had a best president?! What'd I miss?! :crazy:

OLG, I admire raw honesty even if it's "ugly".

People are people whether they are police or ministers. There's always a dishonest one somewhere in the bunch.

And then there's this thing that happens like burnout or something - if you can't fight city hall, etc.

I once said to a brain surgeon in parting, "Good luck tomorrow." He shrugged and said, "What will be will be." That freaked me out! I realized he could not carry the weight of the consequences of the outcome of his surgery on his shoulders. He'd been at it too long.

Anyway, a person who's been inside so-to-speak of different organizations, systems and cultures can tell it like it is from their perspective versus the how we would like to think it is perspective. I always appreciate that.

Keep healing and stay out of jail!:)

:blowkiss: Thanks

Thanks for seeing that as it was meant :).. I'm not a cop hater, honest LOL

If you have ever read my posts, my opinions, on crime even crimes commited by people with mental illness you would know I don't think anyone should be excused for their criminal behaviors, ever- including ME! I don't think people are punished harshly enough for many crimes. NOBODY should get away with crime, nobody! I excuse NOTHING- that is not what that post was about (where you read in that post that I have a problem with LE lying I have no idea because I have no problem with the fact that they are allowed to lie).

The post was acknowledging that I am well aware that LE can lie (the poster I was responding to kept bringing that up as if we didn't know, as if we trust them simply because they have a badge) The poster also wrote about some Universal ID in the garage that was gone when LE left- implying LE took it, like they are trying to set Casey up... my post was acknowledging that while I don't normally simply trust in LE, I do trust Yuri and that sheriff guy.

But I felt sharing my honest mind-set (no blind trust) was an important part of the point I was trying to get across- that me, a felon who isn't big on cops seriously doubts the LE involved in this case is lying to try to fake evidence and steal from the Anthony's garage to set Casey up for the murder of her daughter. If I was a cop hater I'd have agreed with what the poster was saying, don't ya think? I don't believe LE would do such a thing. In other words- I was disagreeing with her post.

Thanks for the clarification OLG. I was trying to agree with you in a backwards sort of way and that's why I prefaced my longer post with "this isn't pointed at OLG" but at the countless people who think cops have nothing to do all day but sit around and frame people. That kind of mindset is what lets killers go free (think OJ Simpson). I also appreciate your brutal honesty about your past. I'm certainly glad you've been able to turn you life around and can give us the viewpoint from the other end of things. So I apologize if you took it to mean I was ragging on your post or your point of view. :blowkiss:

Little OT here but company ID's are company property and KC should have returned her badge after she was terminated. If LE took the badge they may have returned it to Universal. I would think they used the badge to contact Universal to verify her employment and Universal may have asked them to return the badge. Since it has no bearing on the case there is no need to inform KC or CA. IMO

I think I need to clarify, reading through some of these posts. I am not saying "cops are the bad guys". I used to think they could do no wrong and spent many, many years passing on to my children they are above reproach but I had my illusion shattered around my 50th birthday when I got pulled over for the first time in my life. His excuse was speeding but since I started from a stop as he saw me pull out onto the road and when he u-turned and came up behind me my speedometer was a couple miles an hour under the speed limit, it is impossible I was speeding. He proceeded to harass my front seat passenger horribly, threatening to ticket her because she unbuckled her seat belt and leaned forward to get my paperwork out of the glove box as I asked her to. He obviously couldn't ticket me for speeding so he took my 3 YO unbuckling and standing up when I parked as he always does, as his opportunity to punish me, knowing I wouldn't likely fight it since I was 6 hours from home. His motive? The only conclusion I can come to after watching the way he treated my guest is that she was black. How dare a white woman transport a black woman!

Not long before this incident I had the privilege of seeing a state police forensic lab report that was used as evidence which had a cut and past shadow separating the ID from the test results. I also saw bar code numbers not matching up on various pages of a single report, or completely omitted on part of another. The person was convicted of a felony based on this paperwork. I was very naive before these things.

I agree, though, that Sheriff Berry seems very sincere. But, the fact remains that something was taken out of Casey's wallet that hasn't shown up in the reports. I don't have any reason to believe that Lee made that up. The same with the Universal ID. She did, in fact, work there at one time so could easily have kept it as a memento. I still have old driver's licenses. I also am not seeing the SA being as forthcoming as they could be in handing over discovery. There is no noble motive for that IMO. If they have a good case there is no reason not to hand it all over ASAP. Instead they seem to be charging for duplicates in some cases.

I think I need to clarify, reading through some of these posts. I am not saying "cops are the bad guys". I used to think they could do no wrong and spent many, many years passing on to my children they are above reproach but I had my illusion shattered around my 50th birthday when I got pulled over for the first time in my life. His excuse was speeding but since I started from a stop as he saw me pull out onto the road and when he u-turned and came up behind me my speedometer was a couple miles an hour under the speed limit, it is impossible I was speeding. He proceeded to harass my front seat passenger horribly, threatening to ticket her because she unbuckled her seat belt and leaned forward to get my paperwork out of the glove box as I asked her to. He obviously couldn't ticket me for speeding so he took my 3 YO unbuckling and standing up when I parked as he always does, as his opportunity to punish me, knowing I wouldn't likely fight it since I was 6 hours from home. His motive? The only conclusion I can come to after watching the way he treated my guest is that she was black. How dare a white woman transport a black woman!

Not long before this incident I had the privilege of seeing a state police forensic lab report that was used as evidence which had a cut and past shadow separating the ID from the test results. I also saw bar code numbers not matching up on various pages of a single report, or completely omitted on part of another. The person was convicted of a felony based on this paperwork. I was very naive before these things.

I agree, though, that Sheriff Berry seems very sincere. But, the fact remains that something was taken out of Casey's wallet that hasn't shown up in the reports. I don't have any reason to believe that Lee made that up. The same with the Universal ID. She did, in fact, work there at one time so could easily have kept it as a memento. I still have old driver's licenses. I also am not seeing the SA being as forthcoming as they could be in handing over discovery. There is no noble motive for that IMO. If they have a good case there is no reason not to hand it all over ASAP. Instead they seem to be charging for duplicates in some cases.

I have always wondered if what was removed from Casey's wallet was something having to do with the Cops... Gawd knows she dated enough of em.. (if that's what you call it) I know that some police forces give out some kind of card to family members so they get special treatment if pulled over.
Maybe the officer that went thru Casey's wallet took the card to cover someone's a$$..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
difficultgrownup
Back