Casey's Diary Entry for June 21st & Missing Pages #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In Horace, the phrase is part of the longer Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero – "seize the day and place no trust in tomorrow", and the ode says that the future is unknowable, and that instead one should scale back one's hopes to a brief future, and drink one's wine. Compare with the Biblical "eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die", with emphasis on making the most of current opportunities because life is short and time is fleeting – an existential caution
I just googled Carpe Diem and got this! Is this not prophetic? KC should have gotten this tattooed instead of the Beautiful Life!:furious:

In Horace, the phrase is part of the longer Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero – "seize the day and place no trust in tomorrow", and the ode says that the future is unknowable, and that instead one should scale back one's hopes to a brief future, and drink one's wine. Compare with the Biblical "eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die", with emphasis on making the most of current opportunities because life is short and time is fleeting – an existential caution
I just googled Carpe Diem and got this! Is this not prophetic? KC should have gotten this tattooed instead of the Beautiful Life!:furious:

Well, I would have preferred someone just gave her a Latin tat that said "Carpe Interfectrem", which loosely translates to "Seize the Murderess" (if I haven't messed up the accusative case for a third declension noun - it's been a while peeps, forgive me)

Okay you two smarties (AZlawyer and JWG)....spill it.

What do you make of this?

I'm not AZlawyer or JWG but I'll bring over my post from the other thread.

So, I dove back into the letters this morning & I found a little something interesting. Page 119 Casey talks about keeping a journal in jail. It made me think of the journal that LE had taken pictures of. I know it isn't the same journal but it shows that she still journals as an adult & that that wasn't just a teenage girl thing. Just a little tidbit that caught my eye. It doesn't necessarily mean anything but I found it interesting.

After I posted this AZlawyer posted that BC handed over the diary in Feb to LE. Very interesting...

Thanks, Robyn, I did see your post in the other thread...and that is part of what got me wondering what might be behind the journal finally getting turned over.

Wasn't there some talk way back when about LE not wanting it/not taking it because it wasn't deemed to be relevant? Am I remembering that right?

I hope that for some reason LE now thinks maybe they were fooled and the diary was from 2008 after all. But remember that whichever officers took that photo of the diary also had the opportunity to flip through the rest of the pages, and maybe it was obvious that the events described were while KC was in high school and that's why LE didn't take the diary in the first place. So now I'm wondering whether LE thinks something in the diary might be relevant to Casey's stories of her teenage years being filled with sexual abuse and unjust accusations of whoreishness.

Either that or Brad C just wanted to get the diary out of his office and asked Sgt. Allen if he could drop it off.

How long ago would the defense and Brad have known the content of the letters? Is it possible Brad saw the reference to the journal and decided to turn it over? I still remember the evil look Cindy shot at Brad when it was revealed that he had the journal in his office and he said he would be willing to hand it over to LE, or something to that effect.

On second thought, I guess it's more likely that the prosecution asked him for it, given Casey's mention of journaling and similarities of some her statements in the letters to what was on that journal page.

Slightly OT, but what do you make of all the additional evidence on subsequent pages? Looks like it might have been recently returned from the FBI? Do you think this means the FBI has completed testing and that we may now see if, in fact, there was any DNA or fingerprints on that last piece of tape?

Did anyone notice that in these new jailhouse letters released, some of the letter heads are the same as KC's diary "Everyday is a new day".

Who would dot the edges of the lettering in 2003, and still use that style in 2009/2010?
I don't think that diary page is old.

Did anyone notice that in these new jailhouse letters released, some of the letter heads are the same as KC's diary "Everyday is a new day".

Who would dot the edges of the lettering in 2003, and still use that style in 2009/2010?

Casey is stuck in her preteen years with her writing style but I agree the diary entry is not old. I think Cindy found it while going through Casey's stuff. She knew it would be damning and wrote the year 2003, underlining it so LE would be sure to notice.

jmo

Exactly!!!

First thing I noticed about the released letters was the dots on the word cookie and the writing style...both in form and content.

And the fact that the journal got turned over...:woohoo:

I hope that for some reason LE now thinks maybe they were fooled and the diary was from 2008 after all. But remember that whichever officers took that photo of the diary also had the opportunity to flip through the rest of the pages, and maybe it was obvious that the events described were while KC was in high school and that's why LE didn't take the diary in the first place. So now I'm wondering whether LE thinks something in the diary might be relevant to Casey's stories of her teenage years being filled with sexual abuse and unjust accusations of whoreishness.

Either that or Brad C just wanted to get the diary out of his office and asked Sgt. Allen if he could drop it off.

Well, according to CA, when she shut BC down on LKL, the diary was leaked to us by a police mole. CA was trying very hard to taint the collection of this particular piece of might-be evidence.
I think it would be very helpful if CA kept any of KC's high school papers as well, so that LE could get an idea of what her writing looked like back then. My handwriting from high school looks nothing like how I write now, sometimes handwriting can "evolve." Thing is, KC uses 2-3 different types if writing in her jail letters, so LE may have to go off of content moreso than her print style.

After seeing the letters recently released, I thought the handwriting from the diary looked very similar. Would love to know what others think about this as well !

Dotting those letters is a common "artsy craftsy" kind of printing, used a lot in scrapbooking, which Casey apparently was really into per her letters to Robyn and evident in discovery photos from her room. The real question is, was she using this type of lettering and doing stickers and scrapbooking back in 2003?

After seeing the letters recently released, I thought the handwriting from the diary looked very similar. Would love to know what others think about this as well !

Looks pretty much the same to me. (save lined paper)
caseyanthonydiary.jpg

page 25 of yesterdays jail letters http://www.wesh.com/download/2010/0406/23069066.pdf
DocDumpApr7th2010.jpg

Thank you Eidetic for posting the diary page along with the letter Casey wrote. I wish I was more skilled in handwriting analysis. Just from briefly looking at both handwriting samples, I see so many similarities. Hopefully the states handwriting experts will see it the same way.

I know it takes more than just looking at writing samples to come to a conclusion, so maybe those well versed in the art will put in their two cents.

Thanks, Robyn, I did see your post in the other thread...and that is part of what got me wondering what might be behind the journal finally getting turned over.

Wasn't there some talk way back when about LE not wanting it/not taking it because it wasn't deemed to be relevant? Am I remembering that right?

I remember that also. I also remember that someone said atty. BC was in possession of the diary way back when and I wondered at that time why BC would have it? If it were not relevant then why would anyone have it? Seems to me it would have just been left at the house.

Casey is stuck in her preteen years with her writing style but I agree the diary entry is not old. I think Cindy found it while going through Casey's stuff. She knew it would be damning and wrote the year 2003, underlining it so LE would be sure to notice.

jmo

I've also wondered if Cindy wrote the '03 in red ink. I sure wish someone with the FBI would check the ink samples of the date and the page KC wrote on 6/21.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back