Casey's Reaction to Found Remains was Video Taped

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JVM is on TV right now and they are making such a big deal of Casey's reaction being caught on tape. There is a camera going 24/7 in every nurses station in every facility everywhere. If Casey saw mention of a body being found on a tv monitor while in the nurses station.........just tough. Her reaction would have been seen by the nurse and at least one female correctional officer. The correctional officer is not to leave Casey alone anywhere outside her cell, and she cannot be left alone with the nurse. This is the case with every inmate in every facility and prison.

I am so aggravated at one of the defense lawyers on this show. He is saying that you cannot interrogate Casey in that situation. WELL, no one said she was interrogated. Casey is on tape in the nurses station as is protocol. Geeze. And if an inmate is getting bad news or what may be bad news, going to the nurses station was not a bad idea.

I wish some of these 'talking heads' would do a little simple homework before opening their mouths. Thank goodness Pam Bondi set them straight.

I guess I am a simpleton, but it seems to me if you don't want your reaction to the finding of remains to be filmed, you might not dump your child in the woods.

But I really think we might be getting a peek at what the final outcome is going to be here. I think the foundation is being laid for an insanity defense. Casey told others she was cracking up, that she wanted to be (voluntarily) committed to an institution --- I think it's getting laid out right in front of us. Of course it will require Casey admitting to killing Caylee, but she is so rock hard solid it won't bother her. I rather think Casey is not unhappy in jail, either. I think it's the "institution" she wanted to commit herself to, protected from those she doesn't want to see or communicate with.

Stupid :crazy:

In our local jail there is cameras EVERYWHERE. I just couldn't imagine a jail that had only some placed at certain intervals...but I could be wrong.

Yes, and the tapes or cd's have to be kept for 30 days minimum if there is no incident on them. Then if there is any sort of incident, that tape or cd is pulled, labeled, and kept indefinately. There have been tapes of an inmate in a scuffle with an inmate or an arrestee used in court. That tape is the best witness there could possibly be. A tape never changes and doesn't change it's story, and is permissable in court.

There is not a facility anywhere without a camera in every room. There are monitors in every control room and a log has to be kept.

JVM is on TV right now and they are making such a big deal of Casey's reaction being caught on tape. There is a camera going 24/7 in every nurses station in every facility everywhere. If Casey saw mention of a body being found on a tv monitor while in the nurses station.........just tough. Her reaction would have been seen by the nurse and at least one female correctional officer. The correctional officer is not to leave Casey alone anywhere outside her cell, and she cannot be left alone with the nurse. This is the case with every inmate in every facility and prison.

I am so aggravated at one of the defense lawyers on this show. He is saying that you cannot interrogate Casey in that situation. WELL, no one said she was interrogated. Casey is on tape in the nurses station as is protocol. Geeze. And if an inmate is getting bad news or what may be bad news, going to the nurses station was not a bad idea.

I wish some of these 'talking heads' would do a little simple homework before opening their mouths. Thank goodness Pam Bondi set them straight.

The male defense atty on JVM right now might be aggravating, but he's right. I mentioned this last night-- if Casey was deliberately seated so that she could watch the unfolding news coverage, for the purpose of eliciting her reaction, that's inappropriate. I bet the SA is actually not pleased about this tape or the fact that the tape is being discussed on tv.

Like the defense atty said on JVM, this is tantamount to a "backdoor interrogation" -- she's indicted and she has invoked her right to silence and counsel. This set-up, if there was a set-up, is a violation of those fundamental rights.

"interrogation" includes "any words or action on the part of the police (other than those normally attendant to arrest and custody) that the police should know are reasonably likely to elicit an incriminating response from the suspect."

i am curious as to why any of these interviews were released to the public at all . i mean the whole familys .. i dont understand why LE would do that id think it would mess the investigation up by getting parties involved that have no business being involved .i dont understand why there was a webcam outside thier home for so long and why it was allowed but then im not from florida .. i dont think wisconsin would even consider such things ive never seen it done here except for jeffery dahmer . but all they showed was his trial ..im not defending the anthonys i really am curious as to why LE allowed all that info out there ,

I personally want to witness the look on her face as she sees the story unfolding before her eyes.

I bet we see a look of disgust and then eyes like flying saucers.

insanity? unless she is paranoid schizo... I don't see it. It's all too organized.

I personally want to witness the look on her face as she sees the story unfolding before her eyes.

I bet we see a look of disgust and then eyes like flying saucers.

insanity? unless she is paranoid schizo... I don't see it. It's all too organized.

Organized.........I agree. But SOMETHING, a lot of somethings, are really wrong here. Something that we "sane" people can't understand at all. This issue of taping Casey's reaction to the news reports that remains had been found somehow snapped it all into clarity for me. Casey is crazy. She's not been clinically diagnosed, but she is vile, ugly, and actually insane.

How can this tape of KC's reaction when the remains were found in December (before they were known to be Caylees) be good for the defense...if it is compared to KC's reaction when the possible remains were found at JBP? I'm thinking that if the court lets one tape or statements in, the court will let both in

How can this tape of KC's reaction when the remains were found in December (before they were known to be Caylees) be good for the defense...if it is compared to KC's reaction when the possible remains were found at JBP? I'm thinking that if the court lets one tape or statements in, the court will let both in

Ridiculous, huh? Musta been a defense attorney's spin on it :rolleyes:

<snipped from today's news:>

Marti Mackenzie, the spokeswoman for Jose Baez, released a statement that said:
"It is outrageous and cruel that they were standing by to record her emotions. Let's face it, there is nothing 'normal' about anyone's response to losing a child. Everyone handles personal tragedy in an individual way. Let's call this the potentially latest in a 'tape and release' strategy that the Sherriff's (sic) Office seems to have used since Casey was first arrested. Even if it was not their primary motive, the release of this kind of information alone has to have an influence on viewers and readers. Just look at the blogs. In fact, it's also a concern that many so-called experts who publically (sic) evaluate Casey's reactions and often seem to advance the prosecution's theories of guilt."

Hey Marti, the public has had seven months to form an opinion regarding the facts surrounding Caylee's disappearance and murder. And for a long seven months, folks have been outraged and appalled over the events surrounding Caylee's death. Casey's reaction upon learning of the discovery of the remains, not yet identified as Caylee at that time, only serves to confirm what anyone familiar with this case already knows.

Organized.........I agree. But SOMETHING, a lot of somethings, are really wrong here. Something that we "sane" people can't understand at all. This issue of taping Casey's reaction to the news reports that remains had been found somehow snapped it all into clarity for me. Casey is crazy. She's not been clinically diagnosed, but she is vile, ugly, and actually insane.

I don't think she's insane at all. She doesn't fit any criteria for paranoid type schizo. Just because we can't fathom her level of evil doesn't mean we can accurately put her in a category that would help us make sense of it imo.

Well, there apparently is at least one more tape out there of "its" reaction to incoming news:

Casey Anthony case: WESH asks if tape could help her case
posted by halboedeker on Feb 20, 2009 6:39:25 PM

<snipped>
Law enforcement has been taping Casey Anthony's reactions on critical days in her case. Investigators captured her response at sheriff's headquarters on Oct. 14 when she was indicted with the first-degree murder of daughter Caylee, WESH-Channel 2 reported Friday night.

On Thursday, WESH's Bob Kealing revealed that Anthony had been filmed at the jail on Dec. 11, the day Caylee's remains were found. Investigators said that tape revealed Anthony's "consciousness of guilt."
Nether tape has been released. The Orange County's Sheriff's Office today dropped a plan to release the newer tape, Kealing said.

A legal expert told WESH that the Dec. 11 tape, if admitted at trial, could bolster Anthony's defense. "This could almost be a way of allowing Casey Anthony to testify without actually taking the stand," criminal defense attorney Richard Hornsby told reporter Kealing.
WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said the private eye's actions have moved from being a "sideshow" and become "one of the key issues in this case."
Article:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...s and Media Links Thread) __________________

I am so happy that they did this. KUDOS to OC! It was innovative and smart and a good idea and will go a long way to showing that Casey KNEW this was Caylee although it was not yet determined that it was. And in KNOWING that then she admitted that she put her there. I cannot wait until the trial so I can see her face when she KNEW that the gig was up and Caylee was found. I can hardly wait to see her arrogant, lying face in THAT moment!

snipped ** "Just look at the blogs. " i suspected there were some anthony advocates in here.

If her reaction was so strong because she thought it may be her childs body that was found ..of course thats normal isn't it? .I would faint if I heard that
remains were discovered so close to where I lived ,I would assume it was my missing child.
However this could also be as others have suggested ,her knowing she's busted and its curtains for her!

I want to know what her reaction was ,when they DID CONFIRM that Yes this IS your daughters body !Was it the same,or did she put on a good show of shock and grief? and was this taped as well?

If her reaction was so strong because she thought it may be her childs body that was found ..of course thats normal isn't it? .I would faint if I heard that
remains were discovered so close to where I lived ,I would assume it was my missing child.
However this could also be as others have suggested ,her knowing she's busted and its curtains for her!

I want to know what her reaction was ,when they DID CONFIRM that Yes this IS your daughters body !Was it the same,or did she put on a good show of shock and grief? and was this taped as well?

If she had reacted with the same level of concern (or any concern) when possible remains were found at Blanchard Park, this would be a non-story. Remember, Blanchard Park is supposed to be the last place she saw her daughter. The Blanchard Park discovery was of no interest to her, she couldn't even bother herself to watch. --- Consciousness of guilt? Absolutely!

If she had reacted with the same level of concern (or any concern) when possible remains were found at Blanchard Park, this would be a non-story. Remember, Blanchard Park is supposed to be the last place she saw her daughter. The Blanchard Park discovery was of no interest to her, she couldn't even bother herself to watch. --- Consciousness of guilt? Absolutely!

I agree 100%. I also wonder if the whole Blanchard Park fiasco when LP found a bag of toys in the Econ river was just staged for a reaction. Prolly not, but I wonder if LE had the jail tape her reaction then?

Good point -- what was her reaction when they confirmed that is was Caylee. I also want to see how they explained (their wording) to her that the skull/bones were found and might be Caylee's. Could she have heard about it before they came and took her to nurses office? (Prisons/jails are sometimes full of yelling, she had radio.) If, on other occasions of bones found, they told her in the cell, then I kinda think most people would know if you are taken to a nurses office to be told something, it must be serious, if that is out of the norm from the other info she received. You would think that they would have also taken her to nurses office to explain/verify that it was indeed Caylee, since she had to be medicated upon hearing about the original find of remains?? If so, I bet there is another tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor