Casey's Reaction to Found Remains was Video Taped

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh, could you put me down for an Irish Coffee instead?
Will this do? I've been filling orders, LOL!
irish%20coffee.jpg

According to jail spokesman, looks like we won't see the tape. At least not until trial probably.

Per the link Angel Who Cares posted on the media thread:

UPDATED: Jail recorded Casey Anthony's reaction to Caylee remains discovery
Bianca Prieto | Sentinel Staff Writer
9:42 AM EST, February 20, 2009

<snipped>
Sources told the Orlando Sentinel that deputies asked that Casey Anthony's reaction be videotaped and closely observed. Anthony began rocking back and forth and was visibly upset, according to the source. The video of her reaction was later reviewed. Statements were taken from the Orange County Jail corrections officers who told Anthony of the discover, according to documents released earlier this week.

Orange County Jail spokesman Allen Moore issued a statement regarding the videotape late Thursday.
"As we have consistently stated, we do not report reaction or demeanor of any inmate in our custody," Allen said in an e-mailed statement. "Further, Orange County Corrections will not reveal any information about law enforcement investigations or requests."

Check back for more information.

Article:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-video-reaction-caylee-022009,0,4253724.story

snipped

The video has not been turned over to the State Attorney's Office and is not part of public record, according to sheriff's spokesman Carlos Padilla. The sheriff's office is not releasing the video because it is part of the on-going investigation.

If there is one thing in this case I wished (aside from it never happening at all) it was to have been a fly on the wall when KC reacted to this. When I heard her reaction I knew right away it was caylee because KC knew.

and thanks to some brilliant LE, I might get to be that fly? yay!

If there is one thing in this case I wished (aside from it never happening at all) it was to have been a fly on the wall when KC reacted to this. When I heard her reaction I knew right away it was caylee because KC knew.

and thanks to some brilliant LE, I might get to be that fly? yay!

Exactly! When I heard that Casey doubled over and needed a xanax it was because she knew that it was alllll about to boil over. Indeed Caylee was found. I think she had it in her head that Caylee would never be found... especially not 6 months later after the floods, and even after knowing that they searched and cleared that area.
It was up for her. She knew it. Thats why she reacted that way. If she didn't know that was Caylee, she would of held out some HOPE that indeed that was not Caylee....

Exactly! When I heard that Casey doubled over and needed a xanax it was because she knew that it was alllll about to boil over. Indeed Caylee was found. I think she had it in her head that Caylee would never be found... especially not 6 months later after the floods, and even after knowing that they searched and cleared that area.
It was up for her. She knew it. Thats why she reacted that way. If she didn't know that was Caylee, she would of held out some HOPE that indeed that was not Caylee....
So, in other words, the reason she said, "Oh God, this can't be happening NOW"- is that she thought since 6 months had passed, she was homefree? Is that how you take it?

My reaction exactly. The reaction sounded like "Oh.. s**t! I am busted now!"

It's hard to predict other peoples' reactions but I would have thought she would have said, "It can't be Caylee!" She would have become belligerent and insistent. She would have immediately stated repeatedly that she didn't believe it was Caylee, it couldn't be Caylee and she didn't want it to be Caylee.

Completely off-topic but I am wondering if Casey or Cindy named Caylee. It is a pretty name.

~Jai Yen

According to jail spokesman, looks like we won't see the tape. At least not until trial probably.

Per the link Angel Who Cares posted on the media thread:

UPDATED: Jail recorded Casey Anthony's reaction to Caylee remains discovery
9:42 AM EST, February 20, 2009

<snipped>
Sources told the Orlando Sentinel that deputies asked that Casey Anthony's reaction be videotaped and closely observed. Anthony began rocking back and forth and was visibly upset, according to the source. The video of her reaction was later reviewed. Statements were taken from the Orange County Jail corrections officers who told Anthony of the discover, according to documents released earlier this week.

Orange County Jail spokesman Allen Moore issued a statement regarding the videotape late Thursday.
"As we have consistently stated, we do not report reaction or demeanor of any inmate in our custody," Allen said in an e-mailed statement. "Further, Orange County Corrections will not reveal any information about law enforcement investigations or requests."

Article:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-video-reaction-caylee-022009,0,4253724.story

snipped

The video has not been turned over to the State Attorney's Office and is not part of public record, according to sheriff's spokesman Carlos Padilla. The sheriff's office is not releasing the video because it is part of the on-going investigation.

well, that's no fun!!

I'll bet she didn't know she was being videotaped.

I love at the end of the clip....1,000 MORE pages coming out soon!!

Welcome to WS, but not likely, Casey never would have carried her that far, too much a chance of somebody discovering the bag, and Casey wouldn't have reacted so strongly when told where they found the body.

Thank's for the welcome and thanks so much to all who answered. I am always so impressed with what I read here and I have become completely addicted to reading, but have been afraid to post. My husband is really tired of hearing me talk about this case! He has absolutely no interest in it, so it was nice to bounce a thought off of someone who knows a lot more about the case than I do. :)

Once again Angel Who Cares keeps us up to the minute informed!

Baez's spokesperson's statement:UPDATED: Jail recorded Casey Anthony's reaction to Caylee remains discovery
2:23 PM EST, February 20, 2009

<snipped>
This afternoon, Marti Mackenzie, spokeswoman for Anthony's attorney Jose Baez, released a statement via email.
"It is outrageous and cruel that they were standing by to record her emotions," Mackenzie said. "Let's call this the latest in a 'tape and release' strategy that the Sheriff's Department has used since Casey was first arrested. There can be no other motive than an attempt to influence viewers and readers following the case that Casey's reactions are not normal for someone who lost a child."

Orange County Jail spokesman Allen Moore issued a statement regarding the videotape late Thursday. He would not confirm the existence of the recording.

Article:

Baez's spokesperson's statement:UPDATED: Jail recorded Casey Anthony's reaction to Caylee remains discovery

<snipped>
This afternoon, Marti Mackenzie, spokeswoman for Anthony's attorney Jose Baez, released a statement via email.
"It is outrageous and cruel that they were standing by to record her emotions," Mackenzie said. "Let's call this the latest in a 'tape and release' strategy that the Sheriff's Department has used since Casey was first arrested. There can be no other motive than an attempt to influence viewers and readers following the case that Casey's reactions are not normal for someone who lost a child."

Orange County Jail spokesman Allen Moore issued a statement regarding the videotape late Thursday. He would not confirm the existence of the recording.

Article:

Oh, but you can bet you a$$ we'll see it at trial.

Wow! :eek:

There is obvious defense spin that it is only natural for a Mother with a missing child to react in this way to news her child is likely deceased. While the counter argument is KC's reaction to other discoveries, like JBP was nonchalance -- that still isn't quite as good.

On balance though, this is VERY powerful and helps the Prosecution a LOT more given everything else -- more so than the Defense. In the jail videos KC clearly demonstrates a complete lack of interest in news of the search for Caylee. So the reaction is more towards guilt than panic over her child.

Yet Another Nail.

The Defense can eliminate or explain a lot of these nails but .... there are too many and more we don't know.

When does the Defense see the Tipping Point?

Bolded by me. If Casey was seeing someone from her defense team almost daily AND this visitor was able to bring a laptop with him/her, wouldn't Casey be able to view all the daily news & videos concerning her case?:confused:

This is probably a silly question, but with all the hippa laws and the fact that KC was in the nurses office, could the D claim that that tape cannot be seen? Was she brought there for medical treatment?:confused:

My guess is LE wanted her near "medical treatment" if she had a cardiac. We, of course, know that wasn't going to happen. The defense would have screamed abuse if she had hit the floor and scraped her knee:boohoo:

Well the defense is wrong - the reason LE taped it was not to release it and poison a jury pool (although that would be helpful for prosecution) but as a very clever trap.

I'm so impressed that they did this.

They felt bewildered by her former reaction to possible bones of a child found elsewhere and wondered if she would react the same or differently to the bones found so close to her home.

Bingo. They have a comparison for consciousness of guilt. I bet it comes in to trial. Talking heads are saying no, but it's so relevant imo.

Does anyone know if the prior reaction or non-reaction was taped?

<snipped>

Article:

Why is it that the defense is so quick to spin things in the media (recall they objected to the gag order?) and to stretch the rules any way they can, yet they are the first to scream "foul!" when LE is effective at doing their job?

Ahh, could you put me down for an Irish Coffee instead?

What the heck, let's just have an open bar.
:martini::toast::toastred:
I just wish they would hurry up and release the video.

Why is it that the defense is so quick to spin things in the media (recall they objected to the gag order?) and to stretch the rules any way they can, yet they are the first to scream "foul!" when LE is effective at doing their job?

right, they are so fast to whine everyone grieves in their own way, poor KC!

...missing out totally on the fact that we aren't looking at an abnormal reaction of a mother losing a child, but one that sounds normal upon hearing the body of a child she murdered was found. and we all know it.

<snipped>

Article:

BUT THE WHOLE POINT IS THAT IT WAS BEFORE THE REMAINS WERE IDENTIFIED. So no, JB, KC's reaction was not NORMAL for KC to react in any way, shape or form. At the point they videotaped her, no one knew anything other than a "body" had been found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pizzaguy