Casey's Reaction to Found Remains was Video Taped

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If LE isn't going to release it to the public before the trial, I shamefully admit I'd be tempted to pay him $500 for the right to see it and share it one time with all registered WSers. It would be worth it to finally see KC suffer a little for what she did to Caylee. At least it would to me. I know, I know, it's wrong to line JB's pockets, so don't flame me. :blowkiss:

No flames from me, Friday! In fact, I'll kick in $100 of that $500 to see it. :woohoo:

Baez files a motion to stop the release of the taped reaction on December 11-- hearing to be held Monday afternoon:

Baez claims the video violates his clients 6th amendment right to have her lawyer present as well as her medical privacy rights under law.
(Full story via cfnews13)

snipped ** "Just look at the blogs. " i suspected there were some anthony advocates in here.

The Anthony's themselves have read here (though I don't know which one or if it was/is more than one member of the family).. though I don't know if they still do. We know this because when the woman who stole their garbage from their driveway went through the trash there were a bunch of printed up pages of threads from right here at Websleuths.

The Anthony's themselves have read here (though I don't know which one or if it was/is more than one member of the family).. though I don't know if they still do. We know this because when the woman who stole their garbage from their driveway went through the trash there were a bunch of printed up pages of threads from right here at Websleuths.
Oh goodie!

I try and be a horrible towards them as possible now. If I knew they were reading I would have a lot more to say!

Baez files a motion to stop the release of the taped reaction on December 11-- hearing to be held Monday afternoon:

Baez claims the video violates his clients 6th amendment right to have her lawyer present as well as her medical privacy rights under law.
(Full story via cfnews13)

Oh geez JB and his stupid motions. I hope Strickland say No Way Jose because I would love to see her reaction. Also a lawyer does not have to be present to tell an inmate that their loved one is dead. Doesn't a psychologist with the jail tell them? He just wanted to tell her in private to keep the reaction out of the limelight. Well JB you plan didn't work.

As much as I hate to agree with JB's motion to not release KC's videotaped reaction... I do in part.... video taping her in common areas is fine but taping her in the clinic/medical facility comes dangerously close to if not totally crossing the line. I understand that she is a prisoner and for all intents and purposes has lost her right to privacy but when we dance on the edge of violating federal laws (Protected Health Information includes images under HIPAA) then that puts all of us as risk by setting a precedent. Like it or not just because KC is in jail her civil rights are still protected (and as much as I hate to say it as this is KC we are talking about - they should be).

I want to know what her reaction was ,when they DID CONFIRM that Yes this IS your daughters body !Was it the same,or did she put on a good show of shock and grief? and was this taped as well?

Excellent point and something I have wondered since I heard this - for me it would simply be another nail in KC's coffin if this reaction was taped as well and it shows her calmer - never heard that she asked for anything on this date, when they confirmed the remains to be that of her little girl's.

Perhaps because she was already calm and realized they would indeed find out it was little Caylee?

As much as I hate to agree with JB's motion to not release KC's videotaped reaction... I do in part.... video taping her in common areas is fine but taping her in the clinic/medical facility comes dangerously close to if not totally crossing the line. I understand that she is a prisoner and for all intents and purposes has lost her right to privacy but when we dance on the edge of violating federal laws (Protected Health Information includes images under HIPAA) then that puts all of us as risk by setting a precedent. Like it or not just because KC is in jail her civil rights are still protected (and as much as I hate to say it as this is KC we are talking about - they should be).

She wasn't there for a medical examination. HIPAA laws don't apply.

Dear Baez,

In regards to the Video of Casey's portrayal of guilt when Caylee's remains were found: Baez, when we get to see the video, will this be our "AHA" MOMENT??????? AS YOU PROMISED?

She wasn't there for a medical examination. HIPAA laws don't apply.

I respectfully disagree... for two reasons: 1.) as soon as she stepped through those clinic doors the right to privacy was enacted; 2.) she was brought there because she requested treatment.

I understand what you are saying, but I don't think HIPPA applies to this. HIPPA is to protect a person's medical information. Casey's reaction is not a medical condition. ER waiting rooms often have cameras in them and I have seen film from them on the news for different things, that wouldn't happen if showing someone in a waiting room violated HIPPA.

I respectfully disagree... for two reasons: 1.) as soon as she stepped through those clinic doors the right to privacy was enacted; 2.) she was brought there because she requested treatment.

1) It's not about location. It's about medical record.

2) Where did you find that info. From all that I have read, she didn't request to go there. And didn't request treatment, until after she heard the news. If you found something different, I would like a link to it, so I can read it. Thanks

I understand what you are saying, but I don't think HIPPA applies to this. HIPPA is to protect a person's medical information. Casey's reaction is not a medical condition. ER waiting rooms often have cameras in them and I have seen film from them on the news for different things, that wouldn't happen if showing someone in a waiting room violated HIPPA.

the Protected Health Information portion of HIPAA includes: "Full face photographic images and any comparable images"... a videotape would certainly fall under the "comparable image" especially since she is identfied as KC.

Personally - I think having video tapes in an ER waiting area is pushing it but that is my opinion and I can certainly think of plenty of good reasons to have them present.

However - I will concede that if the video was made in the waiting area of the clinic and not in an area where treatment is provided then it is probably ok. The problem is that if they have ever provided medical treatment in that area (especially to KC) then it could be well argued that it was unacceptable to tape her.

2) Where did you find that info. From all that I have read, she didn't request to go there. And didn't request treatment, until after she heard the news. If you found something different, I would like a link to it, so I can read it. Thanks

HIPAA is very broad and includes more than just medical records. Way too much to post here but you can look up HIPAA and the Privacy Rule (Protected Health Information).

I will try to find one of several media links for the statement that KC requested to be taken to the clinic for a sedative/medical treatment... give me a few minutes as I am not that skilled at using the search on WS.

You would think that a clinic area in a jail/prison would be classified as a high risk area and receive a special conditions ranking within the HIPPA laws. Thus allowing video taping ect...
For every rule there is a waiver.....>>old Army wife...LOL

It is my understanding that she requested treatment after she viewed the news report (which was after she was brought to the nurses station.) :confused:

HIPAA is very broad and includes more than just medical records. Way too much to post here but you can look up HIPAA and the Privacy Rule (Protected Health Information).

I will try to find one of several media links for the statement that KC requested to be taken to the clinic for a sedative/medical treatment... give me a few minutes as I am not that skilled at using the search on WS.

Respectfully, she was taken to the clinic area of the jail to watch the news. While in the area, she observed the report discussing the finding of remains on Suburban Drive. After she observed that news, she complained of a panic attack and asked for medication.

*Snipped from this article:
"The day human remains were found in a wooded area near her family's home, Casey Anthony was taken to a medical unit at the Orange County Jail where she could see breaking news coverage of the discovery, Local 6 News has learned.According to Local 6 News, once detectives realized that the body likely belonged to Caylee, investigators developed a plan to capture Anthony's reaction on videotape.Anthony hyperventilated and requested medication after hearing the news of the discovery, according to documents released by authorities earlier this week."

I'm sorry... I googled, "reaction, panic attack, Jose Baez, sedative" and received thousands of returns one of which was from the WESH website; "When notified Thursday of the discovery of the remains, witnesses said Casey Anthony started sobbing and asked for a sedative".

not only am I unskilled at searching WS I am also terrible at posting links... Can anyone help me with providing Spangle a direct link to KC requesting a sedative?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tankaroo