Caseys tax problems exposed..maybe

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wasn't a complaint filed against JB for the ABC money by the SA? The info was sealed at first but I remember JB telling J Strickland that he had consulted an ethics attorney so we were speculating on WS that it had to do with photo money.

I think so.
Maybe at that hearing is when this email or correspondence I am thinking of was brought to light...

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...-200000-to-casey-anthony-and-gained-what.html

ABC said its deal was negotiated with Baez, who was representing several owners of copyrighted content in the summer of 2008. Casey Anthony was later charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/...-questions-about-ethics-checkbook-journalism/

Baez: $200,000 came from a deal that was done by my client with the American Broadcasting Companies.

I find it difficult to believe JB didn't check to see if the money was taxable.
OK, no I don't.

Wondering if JB paid any attention in law school? Criminal Law??? US Tax Law??? Civil Law???

Wondering if JB paid any attention in law school? Criminal Law??? US Tax Law??? Civil Law???

If you go to archived Orlando Sentinel bio article on Baez and why it took years for the Florida Bar to admit him you would say "Now, I see, now I get it"
I know we have a thread on WS dedicated to it...but it is hard to find the archived article..it came out on a Sunday edition of the OS in May of 2009.

Here ya go...
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83774&highlight=Jose+baez+child+support&page=7

Hold on Mr Taxman - the amount of income tax due can be reduced by expenses associated with that income - picture sales were a direct result from the publicity surrounding this trial - therefore all costs associated with the trial (ie any money JB & Co spent) could be deducted from the gross sales - pretty sure the tax liability reduced could easily be reduced to zero

so the real question is why did the IRS bother? but also - why now? and just curious but what is the lean against? aren't tax liens usually placed against property owned by that person? I know that wages can be garnished and such but is that actually a lien? and even if it is, there are no wages involved here - wouldn't this actually just be a tax "bill" at this point instead of a lien? like I said - just curious....

Here a link to the youtube indigency hearing. JB was sworn in and had to reveal all. There are several parts [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnkhUbRbwBU&feature=related[/ame]

So everyone's ok with the size of the tax? If you make $250,000 the government takes a whopping $68,000? And the Democrats want to raise it more? I work hard to gross $52,000 and support 3 people. This is why I might support the Tea Party. Sorry I digress.

Thanks. I, of course, had no idea her address officially was changed from Hopespring drive to Baez's law office.

So does that mean when Baez said she needed to go home at the end of his opening statements that he meant her new home, his office? :waitasec:

I love it, though. Tax evasion has brought down some of the biggest mobsters in history. It's fitting that there's a backup of tax evasion if something doesn't go right with this trial. I even remember when it was talked about this early on in the case - I think it was here - we wanted the IRS to get involved so badly and now they are! PRICELESS! I feel so much better now!!!!

I don't think the money you pay to an attorney is tax deductible.
The only deduction Casey had in 2008 would be herself and Caylee.
JB would be the one getting the tax credits after she signed the check over.
Of course, I could be wrong.

EDIT: Guessing Casey would be in the 32% tax bracket, with that income.
IMO

As someone who is retired and still has to pay taxes in April of every year, I want to see everyone who owes have to pay! (I guess I am mean)

ETA: I know the IRS will never see a dime of the money ICA allegedly owes, but I like how it is known that she did not pay!

Isn't this how Al Capone was finally put in jail? Ha ha tax evasion for those slippery folks.

Isn't this how Al Capone was finally put in jail? Ha ha tax evasion for those slippery folks.

Yep! That's finally how they got Al Capone! The bean counters busted him after the G-men couldn't!

Hummm, wonder how the Florida Bar thinks of this. An attorney has a fudiciary responsibility to their clients. JB brokered the deal makes him a part of it I would think. I know mine did.

Hold on Mr Taxman - the amount of income tax due can be reduced by expenses associated with that income - picture sales were a direct result from the publicity surrounding this trial - therefore all costs associated with the trial (ie any money JB & Co spent) could be deducted from the gross sales - pretty sure the tax liability reduced could easily be reduced to zero

so the real question is why did the IRS bother? but also - why now? and just curious but what is the lean against? aren't tax liens usually placed against property owned by that person? I know that wages can be garnished and such but is that actually a lien? and even if it is, there are no wages involved here - wouldn't this actually just be a tax "bill" at this point instead of a lien? like I said - just curious....
I thought the Florida taxpayers were paying all her expenses, so how could it get reduced? Guess JB will figure a way.

This is probably the funniest thread on this forum!

I fully expect Casey to insist for Baez to tell everyone in court on Friday that she did have a damn job!!!:floorlaugh::loser:

The irony is indeed rich

:floorlaugh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela