Caseys tax problems exposed..maybe

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What does that mean exactly...a lien? I always thought that was done against something you actually owned? What would they (the IRS) be "liening" on? Her future earnings maybe?

:cow:

A Tax lien against a Tax payer will cover any future property, Real and Personal

Jose Baez is Casey Anthony's atty of record. He knew damn good and well taxes needed to be paid on those monies and he probably figured she was going to prison so what the He!!.

I don't think KC was smart enough to know about taxes on that kind of money, or he didn't tell her. It's not right and it's not fair that a Atty (this atty) would pull this crap, weather it be her or someone else.

Does anyone remember when he skipped out on court early? Was it Wed May 18?

Didn't she pay Baez $200k for his services? If he had told her well I am glad you got $200k for your pics of Caylee and you want to give it all to me but you should know you will owe about $60k range for income tax.

Did he say that to her? Of course he did not, that would have been $68k less for HIM!!!!

IMO he took the whole wad, figuring she was gonna be spending a loooong time in jail, so what the hey?

He really is an unscrupulous, amoral little snake of a lawyer. JMO.

Not sure if it has been made public who brokered the deal with ABC...but Baez did state in court that ABC paid them $200,000

At the time Baez said he consulted an "ethics attorney" (his description) concerning the deal so I'm assuming he was involved to some degree.

Who is providing NG with the new video/images that have popped up in the past couple of days?

IMO Jose Baez should pay for this out of his pocket. He is the one that received the money for his services. So....let's see how he's gonna handle this one.

EXACTLY!! I'm sure he was 110% aware of the fact she would have to pay taxes, and he knowingly accepted the $$ when it was obviously not his to accept...it was the governments!!! That just burns me up because it's bad enough the Gov. has to foot the bill for this ridiculous trial, that no doubt the DT is going to make last 10x longer than need be with all of the objections, etc.

Didn't she pay Baez $200k for his services? If he had told her well I am glad you got $200k for your pics of Caylee and you want to give it all to me but you should know you will owe about $60k range for income tax.

Did he say that to her? Of course he did not, that would have been $68k less for HIM!!!!

IMO he took the whole wad, figuring she was gonna be spending a loooong time in jail, so what the hey?

He really is an unscrupulous, amoral little snake of a lawyer. JMO.

The situation reminds me of my brother and his wife...everyone was shocked that my brother was able to find a female version of himself...a selfish, narcissistic a-hole. Sounds like ICA found her male version. They belong together.

The document states that the POA/Attorney In Fact is for a specific property(not the home they live in) in the Pebble Point subdivision(Pebble Point Unit 1 the doc says) and I found that specific property was sold as a Short Sale on April 27th,2011

It seems like this POA was for one of the properties owned by them that had a Lis Pendis issued by the court and ended being sold as a short sale

Yes, I read all that and the other. I'm so pizzed over this I can't stand it.

Did you know he lives in a Sub called (K)issimmee (B)ay. Every time I see it I think of Kathi Belich. I hope he does too as he drives thru the gates. lol

Wonder if Baez could be held accountable as he maybe knew/should have known to withhold the monies for taxes?

Well it was stated she used those funds for her defense so doesn't mean Baez also has to pay taxes..

Who is providing NG with the new video/images that have popped up in the past couple of days?

The video of Caylee's 2nd Birthday? I was wondering about that myself. Looks like somebody needed some quick $$.

At the time Baez said he consulted an "ethics attorney" (his description) concerning the deal so I'm assuming he was involved to some degree.

He probably contacted a un-ethics atty, namely himself.

By chance do you know where I might find that? TIA

Back when the money was discussed in court JB told Judge Strickland that he had consulted the attorney. Sorry I don't have a link but I'll look.

IRS debt (taxes) are not forgiven if the bankruptcy is filed after the taxes are due. The bankruptcy must precede the tax debt. I know from personal experience.

Hey how much of an income from the pics would she have gotten to come up with a $68,000 IRS tab???

I wonder how log it will be till Fla. files for their state taxes?

Well....I'm just kinda guessing here....but, didn't she get about $200,000 according to the records we analyzed on here (yep - there are threads on this, too)...If IRS taxed that at 35% - it would be $70,000 - so, I believe this is the tax bill for the Caylee pictures. imo

Yes, I read all that and the other. I'm so pizzed over this I can't stand it.

Did you know he lives in a Sub called (K)issimmee (B)ay. Every time I see it I think of Kathi Belich. I hope he does too as he drives thru the gates. lol

Yes, I knew that.
A Lis Pendens was filed on that home May 14 of 2010..don't know if that has been resolved or if he has re-financed..but...
An Assignment of Mortgage occurred in June of 2007 and (a copy?) was recorded (again? ) on May 17, 2010 with the Clerk of the court

TMZ has posted this information on their website. Perhaps it will affect the case:

Accused child murderer Casey Anthony is in more hot water with the feds -- the I.R.S. believes she failed to pay $68k in taxes back in 2008 ... the same year she allegedly killed her 2-year-old daughter. TMZ obtained a tax lien filed against Anthony in Florida last week -- and according to the document, Casey never forked over $68,520 in federal taxes in 2008.

Casey was charged with first-degree murder the same year -- and is currently on trial in Orlando, FL ... facing the death penalty if convicted.

Calls to Casey's attorney were not immediately returned.

I'm confused. How can she owe the IRS all these taxes if she wasn't working?
Thanks! :)

Never mind. She owes the taxes from selling Caylee's photos. Sorry about that. :)

I am having a flash back to something released about this back in 2008

IIRC Richard Hornsby was the Pres. of the Central Florida Assoc. of Criminal Defense Lawyers in 2008/2009 and iirc Baez made an inquiry...
I know there was either an email or something made public about this in 2008...if you ask me for the link....sorry can't find it..I have been looking

Perhaps RH knows the answer to this or not and can enlighten us.

I am having a flash back to something released about this back in 2008

IIRC Richard Hornsby was the Pres. of the Central Florida Assoc. of Criminal Defense Lawyers in 2008/2009 and iirc Baez made an inquiry...
I know there was either an email or something made public about this in 2008...if you ask me for the link....sorry can't find it..I have been looking

Wasn't a complaint filed against JB for the ABC money by the SA? The info was sealed at first but I remember JB telling J Strickland that he had consulted an ethics attorney so we were speculating on WS that it had to do with photo money.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop
Back