Caseys tax problems exposed..maybe

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:floorlaugh: Can you imagine the IRS holding off until the 17th May then filing right in the middle of jury selection, I can hear Jose whining now of yet another agency of the government out to get his client...FBI...IRS...CIA...LE...maybe even Mossad and the MI5 too.....

With the IRS interest that will keep acumulating and her cival trial even if Casey ever would to be able to sell her story she wouldn't get a dime.

Could this also be in case by some miracle she isn't convicted and is able to sell books, movies, etc?

All I have to say is....:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

But seriously....I imagine the logic that led up to her not paying the tax is "why pay it? What are they going to do to me? Throw me in jail? Take my snack money?" There is no real compelling reason for her to pay it. She and her attorneys know that her goose is cooked and she'll never see the light of day again. I guess the IRS is just going to have to eat it. Another fine poke in the taxpayers eye!

Thanks I was looking for that but none of my searched brought it up so I gave up.

I did find this old story at WFTV about the indigency hearing.

Baez reluctantly revealed Thursday in court that he had gotten $200,000 through Casey's deal with ABC for Casey's photos and videos of Caylee, $5,000 from a donor he didn't disclose and another $70,000 through an unusual contribution from his former co-counsel Todd Macaluso.​

http://www.wftv.com/news/22891038/detail.html

Also in that article it says:

Coincidentally or not, Lyon said her DePaul University Law Clinic had raised $70,000 in donations for Casey's defense.​

That is taxable too, right?

So she actually recieved $345K total.

iirc,,filing a Tax lien is the last stage in the collection process for the IRS...

They send a bill and or notice to pay along with proper publications and the person can work out a resolution to the problem..., extenion to pay, installments, delay of collection and an offer to compromise...

What does that mean exactly...a lien? I always thought that was done against something you actually owned? What would they (the IRS) be "liening" on? Her future earnings maybe?

:cow:

All I have to say is....:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

But seriously....I imagine the logic that led up to her not paying the tax is "why pay it? What are they going to do to me? Throw me in jail? Take my snack money?" There is no real compelling reason for her to pay it. She and her attorneys know that her goose is cooked and she'll never see the light of day again. I guess the IRS is just going to have to eat it. Another fine poke in the taxpayers eye!

I agree....OH MY ....I need a drink, pronto!

IMO Jose Baez should pay for this out of his pocket. He is the one that received the money for his services. So....let's see how he's gonna handle this one.

The only thing left in Mr Baez's pockets is that ridiculous pocket hankie....

Wouldn't that be something if the IRS did refuse to allow her any slim jim money? Like b/c she can't pay and is in jail, maybe they would say, "well the only thing we can attach for payment is her "snack" account". I think I would fall over from a feather if that happened. It would just be like....neverending justice.

moo

Here's one from an Orlando site:

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/28038754/detail.html

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Internal Revenue Service issued a lien against Casey Anthony over nearly $70,000 in unpaid taxes in the 2008 tax period, according to a notice filed with the Osceola Clerk of Courts.

(snipped)

The notice of federal tax lien indicates that Anthony owes $68,520.41 in unpaid taxes.

According to the notice, it was filed on May 17

(PDF of IRS Lien attached [from the article] .... more at the link)

ETA: I just noticed on the lien that it shows Casey Marie Anthony and her residence as 522 Simpson Road in Kissimmee (Baez Law Firm). So, I'm assuming the check(s) went straight to his office.

Just realized why that lien was sent to JB's address....because that is probably the address that ABC reported that they sent the check to.

Let's say Casey got the check from ABC. The check was for $200,000.00. Casey simply signs the check directly over to JB and he then pays himself the, I believe it was $80,000.00 and $20,000.00 went to AL... what if he used all the other money on Casey's other lawyers?? Would that make JB solely responsible for the taxes??

Or would Casey have had to pay the taxes on the $200,000.00 first, then hand over money to JB and then JB was obligated to pay the taxes of money he earned??

Wouldn't that be something if the IRS did refuse to allow her any slim jim money? Like b/c she can't pay and is in jail, maybe they would say, "well the only thing we can attach for payment is her "snack" account". I think I would fall over from a feather if that happened. It would just be like....neverending justice.

moo

When she gets a job in prison, if she doesn't get the DP, could they take it out of the 10 cents an hour she would be earning?? :floorlaugh: I think they do that for people who owe restitution??

Could this also be in case by some miracle she isn't convicted and is able to sell books, movies, etc?

Yes, that lien should cover any future earning or property she may get in the future. Only hope it covers her jail account too!

When she gets a job in prison, if she doesn't get the DP, could they take it out of the 10 cents an hour she would be earning?? :floorlaugh: I think they do that for people who owe restitution??

Don't quote me on this, but IIRC they are entitled to 15% of your earnings a month...which would be hmmmm...

I wonder how much she will owe if she ever gets out, we all know what the IRS are like with penalties and interest....she will owe many more thousands.

I suspect they will come sniffing around Baez though for their pound of flesh...he could have just paid the taxes, that's what you get for being greedy.

IF TL the person ICA was apparently willing to kill Caylee for says GA didnt sexually abuse her why would anyone believe La did??? I think the DT dug a hole and buried themselves in it! JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop
Back