Caylee Anthony 2 year old #19 General Discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The car being abandoned by Casey on the 27th does fit with the call on the 24th. (little else does) The car was never stolen though. I think Cindy felt like it was stolen by Casey because George and her had just paid a towing company for 15 days of storage. (Several hundred dollars) since Casey made the decision to leave it, it was stolen in cindy's eyes.

I didn't mean to imply the car was stolen, that's what Cindy said I'm just saying that the 25th thru the 29th is when Caylee was no longer seen or heard from.

I just don't understand why there is so much suspicion that Cindy and George are complicit and so much sentiment hat Cindy should be arrested for obstructing the investigation. What has she done that would cause LE to arrest her? Other than being an emotional wreck in interviews...

i agree with you completely. casey was jealous of her daughter, i think. in a little sister kind of way. maybe the attention, the adoration she received from cindy, i dont know. regardless, casey and cindy had a tense relationship. and i dont know if we will ever know the full extent of it.

that being said, cindy adored caylee (perhaps even more than casey, who was a mess and stealing her money). can you imagine not only calling to have your daughter arrested, but contemporaneously finding out that your granddaughter is missing, the car that your daughter stole now smells like death warmed over (literally), and maybe, just maybe, your own daughter killed her??? i dont think any of us can. i don't think cindy can either. which is why she is pulling these crazy stunts. at least, when all is said and done, she can say she did everything imaginable to get caylee back. and to her, if that means buying into your crazy daughter's unbelievable lies as her last shred of hope, so be it. i can't blame her. think about how incredulous we are. now imagine it was your own dysfunctional family, the press is sitting on your front lawn, LE wants another interview, your daughter could go to jail for murder....but the bottom line is that caylee is still missing. cindy needs closure - one way or the other.

and just to note: LE has ruled her out. some people are saying obstruction of justice, but that would mean purposeful misrepresentation (as in, pointing them in the wrong direction). if there is anything cindy anthony wants to do, it is find her granddaughter.

the time line really bothers me. where did they get june 9th from? why did casey move out of tony's on this day (is that just irony? i dont know. for some reason, i dont think he is involved). why do they keep insisting on june 9th when there is now video of caylee on the 15th? and where did casey come up with 31 days? to appease her mother's curiosity, because she had avoided bringing caylee over for that long? but why, even if caylee had been missing for 31 days, would you say that? it is totally weird. it is so much less incriminating to say, oh my god, the nanny took her yesterday. or i have been looking since monday, please help me. WHY A MONTH???

in all honesty, i dont think casey ever expected her mother to call the police (which is why she begs for one more day). i think she had to come up with her story, the details of it that she was sure to be asked, on the spot. she clearly sucked. no one could back her up, no one knew (except maybe mike? who seems to be into some shady stuff himself?) to even possibly confirm. and then, the following morning, the 16th (the day she was arrested), she takes LE on a crazy goose chase. she didn't have time to sort this stuff out, she couldnt avoid universal (based on what she had said the day before), she was just screwed. and let's be serious, casey isn't the brightest crayon in the box. but it still seems off to me. why did she say a month? unless that is the only true statement she has made and caylee died a month ago.

that jail phone call, "all they care about is finding caylee." what is that?! what the hell do you expect them to care about? she is the one insisting that caylee is alive and well. my question is, but why doesn't she care?? why doesn't she even fake it? (i can only assume that she knew "finding" caylee was a foregone conclusion and they should get back to focusing on releasing her from jail).

i also think it was in this conversation - with everyone doubting her (ridiculous) story including her family, everyone at home doing whatever they wanted (unlike her), her friends going out that night, tony meeting other girls, the debacle with universal studios and the nanny - that the severity of the situation started to hit her. whatever she did, whether alone or with help, could actually land her in jail.

and it did.

I can't get Zanny's name out of my mind..that just flowed off her lips with the correct spelling and even an address, although Zanny didn't live there..she had looked at apartments in that complex.

So what are the chances of all that just being made up ? Zero. There is some connection between Casey and this person Zanny or someone who represented herself that way. It could be stolen ID or it could be anything. But a Zanny exists who visited that apartment complex in April that Casey lead them to.........what is the connection?

I didn't mean to imply the car was stolen, that's what Cindy said I'm just saying that the 25th thru the 29th is when Caylee was no longer seen or heard from.

According to myspace, facebook postings, statements from Amy, TonE and others, and to make Casey's story airtight no one saw Caylee after the 16th. The only mention after that date is the call with Jesse. At this point even Casey would deny that.

For the record, I don't think it is suspicious at all that the grandmother might have mixed the dates up. I can easily see that happening.

What I find suspicious is the "31 days" that Casey claimed, then when talking to police a few hours later on July 15th told police June 9th. That's more like 37 days...six days off. I find it odd that Casey wouldn't know that. She stated 31 days like she was sure of it, in the 911 call. It's not like she took a minute to think about it.

Hope that cleared me thoughts up:)

In Lee's conversation with her IIRC he mentioned that she had a "tough" year. A year is a long time...what else happened?

Possibly something recent might have happened that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Something that would be so overwhelming & painful that to her it's the only thing that she can think of.

I wish we heard that she was getting counseling or something....

I just can't see letting her out on bail & hoping Caylee is found.

It was reported the car sat in the parking lot of Amscot for three days...making it the 27th as the day the car was abandoned. It was towed on the 30th.

In my opinion, the window is from the time the call ended on June 24th until the car was left in parking lot on June 27th.

We don't know that Casey was the only person who drove the car during that time. Until LE comes out with a video that shows Casey and another person (supposedly Tony) in that parking lot...we don't know she actually left it...do we? She could have given her car to anyone during that window of time or even before. They need witnesses who saw her in possession of the car for those days.

Does that mean you buy Jesse's statement?

The 29th is incorrect. I don't find anywhere it was ever mentioned she was heard from after the 24th. The car was left on the 27th and towed on the 30th.

As a point of clarification, Casey stated she was missing 31 days, Cindy said the last time she saw Caylee was 6/2, and only agreed it was 6/15 after the FD video was checked by LE; they actually gave her a chance to check her timeline prior to telling her, she was adamant and also called the asissted living center and told them to refuse to show LE the register or talk to her Dad. I get hysterical at the onset, I also know if you really want to find your gd, you cooperate with LE.

Do you have a link for the statement about Cindy calling the assisted living center? I have heard that before, but never with a source. I can understand if she told LE she would prefer they not bother her father, for all we know he may have a medical condition and she didn't want him upset. But Cindy would not have any authority over who can see the the visitor logs at the facility. There are medical privacy laws that would apply to the release of medical info on her father, but I doubt the visitor logs are covered.

IMO, this sounds like Cindy being protective of her father, and things getting blown up out of proportion in the media.

It was reported the car sat in the parking lot of Amscot for three days...making it the 27th as the day the car was abandoned. It was towed on the 30th.

In my opinion, the window is from the time the call ended on June 24th until the car was left in parking lot on June 27th.

We don't know that Casey was the only person who drove the car during that time. Until LE comes out with a video that shows Casey and another person (supposedly Tony) in that parking lot...we don't know she actually left it...do we? She could have given her car to anyone during the that window of time or even before. They need witnesses who saw her in possession of the car for those days.
I thought that she ran out of gas and tony picked her up on the 30th wait, did we ever verify whether or not Casey went to the beach with Jesse the weekend of 28th 29th.

I can't get Zanny's name out of my mind..that just flowed off her lips with the correct spelling and even an address, although Zanny didn't live there..she had looked at apartments in that complex.

So what are the chances of all that just being made up ? Zero. There is some connection between Casey and this person Zanny or someone who represented herself that way. It could be stolen ID or it could be anything. But a Zanny exists who visited that apartment complex in April that Casey lead them to.........what is the connection?

ABSOLUTELY- Repeat- ABSOLUTELY.. I know they are checking the mail forwarding habits of any one of the variations of these names..
Morevover, once they establish the connection, there's more here-

We don't know that Casey was the only person who drove the car during that time. Until LE comes out with a video that shows Casey and another person (supposedly Tony) in that parking lot...we don't know she actually left it...do we? She could have given her car to anyone during the that window of time or even before. They need witnesses who saw her in possession of the car for those days.

I absolutely agree SS..something happened in that timeframe..but exactly what? I also agree that they need witnesses to who had that car..they maybe framing this girl because she is a boozer and a druggie and they knew that LE wouldn't look any further. She was borrowing Amy's car..did she lend er car to someone else, due to a debt, or had she ditched the car by the time Amy went on vacation. I need the dates of Amy's vacation to see if they coincide.

I am reserving all opinions of mine as to what happened until I see the results of DNA tests from fluids in the trunk. Hair can be explained away..but body fluids will make the case.

(I brought this over from the end of the last thread; I must have posted it after this thread was started)

I just don't understand why there is so much suspicion that Cindy and George are complicit and so much sentiment hat Cindy should be arrested for obstructing the investigation. What has she done that would cause LE to arrest her? Other than being an emotional wreck in interviews (and defensive), the two things that I keep hearing about that she has done that's "bad" is:

• she initially got the date she last saw Caylee wrong. She was corrected on that; it appears to be an honest mistake made when she was freaking out about finding out that Casey had not had Caylee for a month.

• when she called 911, she stated that the car smelled like there had been a body in it, but later told the press that the smell was rotting pizza. IMO, she went into denial mode. What mom wants to believe that her daughter could harm her child? If she allows herself to accept that the odor was decomp - then she has to admit that Caylee is likely dead and that Casey is responsible.

Cindy is clearly an emotional wreck and not media savvy. However, she:

• was the one that initially called LE to report that her daughter stole from her and that Caylee was missing

• She allowed LE to search her home and the car

• I have read that LE stated that the family has been cooperative

I see a mother who has had a very contentious relationship with a daughter who is clearly manipulative. We can all criticize her for not dealing with Casey sooner, but as a grandmother I can tell you that it's harder to confront your child on things when they hold the power of access to your grandchild over you. My son got mad at me once and I was not "allowed" to see my grandson for two months. I knew he couldn't stay mad forever and he didn't. But he is also not a manipulative, spoiled brat like Casey appears to be.

IMO, Cindy hit her limit the day she called LE to report the car theft and credit card charges. It is extremely difficult for a parent to make that call, knowing that their child will be charged with a felony and may spend time in jail. It's hard - even when it's the right thing to do. On top of that - in between the first and third calls, she discovered that her daughter had not seen her daughter for a month and didn't know where she was. Cindy has been on a roller coaster ever since.
I think mom and dad have had h-ll with Casey. The only thing I fault her for now...and can understand to some degree...is interfering with the investigation by propagating all this bs. She should, IMO, just step back and allow LE to conduct their investigation. The focus, unfortunately, HAS been on her and her daughter. Even on the stand at the bond hearing she just went on and on about herself IMO (when asked about the date Caylee went missing)-thank goodness she was cut off by the prosecutor. All I'm saying is GM...stop talking! I'll be happy to hear from you or any member of your family when you announce Caylee has been found. For now, the focus has to be on finding that child.

The 29th is incorrect. I don't find anywhere it was ever mentioned she was heard from after the 24th. The car was left on the 27th and towed on the 30th.

I am not sure who said what anymore, but it was reported that Casey called Tony to pick her up when her car "ran out of gas". Have you heard that and do you think this was on the 27th?

ABSOLUTELY- Repeat- ABSOLUTELY.. I know they are checking the mail forwarding habits of any one of the variations of these names..
Morevover, once they establish the connection, there's more here-
The problem is...LE is only looking for a person by that name. If the ID was indeed stolen, the person would not still be using that one. She would have immediately began using another ID. So LE is barking up the wrong tree trying to find "Zanny" when they need to be releasing the sketch to determine if the woman does exist matching the description...not the name.

Also, she probably didn't use that name with other people if this was a fake to begin with. Her friends and family probably only know her by her real name.

We don't know that Casey was the only person who drove the car during that time. Until LE comes out with a video that shows Casey and another person (supposedly Tony) in that parking lot...we don't know she actually left it...do we? She could have given her car to anyone during that window of time or even before. They need witnesses who saw her in possession of the car for those days.

They could tell a lot from fingerprints, were there unknown people driving the car? Unless they were wearing gloves, their prints would be on the steering wheel.

For the record, I don't think it is suspicious at all that the grandmother might have mixed the dates up. I can easily see that happening.

What I find suspicious is the "31 days" that Casey claimed, then when talking to police a few hours later on July 15th told police June 9th. That's more like 37 days...six days off. I find it odd that Casey wouldn't know that. She stated 31 days like she was sure of it, in the 911 call. It's not like she took a minute to think about it.

Hope that cleared me thoughts up:)
It's all enough to make your head spin, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawnp625