Caylee Anthony 2 year old General Discussion #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the family hired Baez for her but if they fire him he could always take the case pro bono? He's in it for the publicity. I can see him taking the case for free. Casey is the one who would then have to fire him, right?

I realize that they didn't know she needed the money to call them, I just think it was a bad move for her attorney to keep that information from them.

Baez is only been at this for 3 years and looks like he didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night either.

No wonder there are rumors that he's about to be fired.

OME

I am afraid that if Caylee has been killed, which I think is a very strong possibility, they may never find her. On NG today, she had a forensics expert on who said that if the baby had been dumped in a dumpster and put in a landfill later, it would be nearly impossible to find her at the landfill. (Another case was similar. Daughter and mom went missing and mI think mom qwqas found at dump but little girl never was). That really upsets me. If the baby has been killed, the truth needs to come out so justice can be had and while a body is not always necessary for a conviction, it sure helps.

just for information. This is what I have had to deal with in my daughter, before I said enough and cut her loose.

In What Is Bipolar Disorder? we gave a basic definition of this illness, and looked at the two poles of bipolar I, mania and depression, and the poles of bipolar II, hypomania and depression. We explained that manic depression affects not just how a person thinks and reacts, but also how that person behaves and feels physically.
But bipolar disorder is more than mood swings. Some of the more complex features of bipolar disorder include:
  • Mixed episodes - when a person experiences aspects of both depression and mania (or hypomania) at the same time. Sometimes mania is prominent, sometimes depression. (See also Dysphoria.)
  • Rapid cycling - when episodes occur four times or more per year. Subtypes are:
    • Ultra-rapid cycling - when episodes occur monthly or more frequently.
    • Ultradian rapid cycling - cycling more than once a day (also called ultra-ultra-rapid cycling).
Bipolar I can have some very frightening characteristics of psychosis - loss of contact with reality. These may include:
  • Hallucinations - hearing or seeing things that are not there
  • Delusions - persistent beliefs in things that are not true
  • Paranoia - believing that a person or group is actively working to harm you, without any basis in fact.
These psychotic features are also characteristic of schizophrenia, a mental illness where the patient is out of touch with reality, but without mood swings. Bridging the space between bipolar disorder and schizophrenia is schizoaffective disorder. What distinguishes schizoaffective disorder from bipolar I with psychotic features is that sometimes (for at least two weeks) the patient has only psychotic symptoms, without mania or depression.

There are additional forms of bipolar disorder beyond bipolar I and II. Unfortunately for patients, the authorities haven't come to an agreement about how many forms there are or which numbers to give those forms. Additional types of bipolar disorder include:
Probably the most dangerous aspect of manic depression is the danger of suicide. The completed suicide rate among people with bipolar disorder has been estimated to be five to 15 percent, which means a staggering number of bipolar people make unsuccessful and/or repeated attempts on their own lives, and even more than that consider suicide without acting on the urge. Yet people with manic-depressive illness are often highly intelligent, extraordinarily gifted, glowingly talented - people whose brilliance makes the world a better place while they themselves are struggling every day to cope, to function, to stay alive.

No money for a phone call?:confused:
call collect
ask a friend for their cell

So much strange going on with this.

This was regarding her calling from jail. Her brother says they just found out that she's not called because the jail requires her to have money to do so.

I remember on Wednesday reading that LE was asking to have release of the video visits suppressed. Why they allowed the weird one with Patrick Bourgeois to be released is a mystery to me, unless it really was an innocuous visit from a kid she went to school with (and didn't remember until he left).

When do you figure Cindy called her cc company to put a hold on her card(s)? Before Casey stole the cash from Amy (sometime in June), or during the week Amy was in PR and Casey started forging her friend's name on checks?

Oh, and welcome winnts.

I realize that they didn't know she needed the money to call them, I just think it was a bad move for her attorney to keep that information from them.

I agree 100%

That would be THE smartest move they could make.

The last thing that can help Casey OR the family find Caylee is having a lawyer who spouts the nonsense that Baez does.

It's appalling to hear him repeat the insane line about how the only way Caylee can be found is if Casey is out of jail.

NO GOOD will come from Casey being released from jail until Caylee is found. Not for her, not for her family. Not for her friends.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

I'm sure Lifetime is chomping at the bits for this story.

Raine, I've not had Bipolar children, but lost a step sister earlier this year to suicide who was bipolar. I have a sister also that is bi-polar and an addict. It's a miserable situation all around for those that love them.

just for information. This is what I have had to deal with in my daughter, before I said enough and cut her loose.

In What Is Bipolar Disorder? we gave a basic definition of this illness, and looked at the two poles of bipolar I, mania and depression, and the poles of bipolar II, hypomania and depression. We explained that manic depression affects not just how a person thinks and reacts, but also how that person behaves and feels physically.
But bipolar disorder is more than mood swings. Some of the more complex features of bipolar disorder include:
  • Mixed episodes - when a person experiences aspects of both depression and mania (or hypomania) at the same time. Sometimes mania is prominent, sometimes depression. (See also Dysphoria.)
  • Rapid cycling - when episodes occur four times or more per year. Subtypes are:
    • Ultra-rapid cycling - when episodes occur monthly or more frequently.
    • Ultradian rapid cycling - cycling more than once a day (also called ultra-ultra-rapid cycling).
Bipolar I can have some very frightening characteristics of psychosis - loss of contact with reality. These may include:
  • Hallucinations - hearing or seeing things that are not there
  • Delusions - persistent beliefs in things that are not true
  • Paranoia - believing that a person or group is actively working to harm you, without any basis in fact.
These psychotic features are also characteristic of schizophrenia, a mental illness where the patient is out of touch with reality, but without mood swings. Bridging the space between bipolar disorder and schizophrenia is schizoaffective disorder. What distinguishes schizoaffective disorder from bipolar I with psychotic features is that sometimes (for at least two weeks) the patient has only psychotic symptoms, without mania or depression.

There are additional forms of bipolar disorder beyond bipolar I and II. Unfortunately for patients, the authorities haven't come to an agreement about how many forms there are or which numbers to give those forms. Additional types of bipolar disorder include:
Probably the most dangerous aspect of manic depression is the danger of suicide. The completed suicide rate among people with bipolar disorder has been estimated to be five to 15 percent, which means a staggering number of bipolar people make unsuccessful and/or repeated attempts on their own lives, and even more than that consider suicide without acting on the urge. Yet people with manic-depressive illness are often highly intelligent, extraordinarily gifted, glowingly talented - people whose brilliance makes the world a better place while they themselves are struggling every day to cope, to function, to stay alive.

Didn't Cindy originally say that Casey had taken Caylee away to have some bonding time? (And what a tug of war must have prompted that!)

Maybe that's what Cindy initially attributed their continued absence to - Casey punishing her for some real or imagined problem, until the dead body smell in the car scared them to the point that they needed to find them.

I'm swingin' the same way. Only 3 years? I guess maybe he was cheap....

DianeB - I instantly thought that Cindy called when she got he monthly bill. I think it had to have been late June/early July. I get mine around that time. (It makes me very happy to have your calendars up there while I am typing this. They really help)

OME

I am afraid that if Caylee has been killed, which I think is a very strong possibility, they may never find her. On NG today, she had a forensics expert on who said that if the baby had been dumped in a dumpster and put in a landfill later, it would be nearly impossible to find her at the landfill. (Another case was similar. Daughter and mom went missing and mI think mom qwqas found at dump but little girl never was). That really upsets me. If the baby has been killed, the truth needs to come out so justice can be had and while a body is not always necessary for a conviction, it sure helps.

I remember this case. The dad/hubby did it. I watched it a few times on forensic files.

Casey does not need to be released from jail, until she has realized what she has done. It is going to take something really harsh to bring Casey to tell the truth. Not her mom, dad or any other family. It needs to be something that gives her the high and when she realizes that it is gone she will talk (it could be the boyfriend). I do feel sorry for her in a way, because I truly believe she is sick and if she had gooten proper care this probably would have never happened. But we need Caylee back

JMO

wow, astonishing developments today, I'm just getting caught up! I am floored by the new phone calls released today and anxiously awaiting the release of the other calls she may have made, particularly the one to Tony! A few of my observations from the jailhouse call:

- Christina (sp?) gets so upset and starts crying, meanwhile Casey shows no emotion other than anger - that's all I can hear in her voice, not even desperation...just anger.

- So now we're supposed to be looking up ZG in NY and NC?? Sounded to me like she made it up on the spot.

- One of the most telling things, for me, was when Casey implies that her family is only concerned with Caylee and not her.....can she really be that self-centered?????????

- So we now know she setup the myspace the morning of the 16th, and that as of the time of the phone call, only she had the password (not Lee or Cindy) and she even says something to the effect of "I don't know if there will be any messages on there yet". It's almost as if she was annoyed by her friend asking for this information and it seemed at first like she didn't want to give her the password. Why?? Did I hear her say Tony helped her set it up? She seemed to imply that because she said she hadn't talked to Tony since that morning when they setup the myspace.

- So we need to figure out who are Patrick and Frank Bourgeois and why they visited Casey today - that's kinda weird. I would have expected Lee, Cindy or George to be her first visitors. Why hasn't anyone visited her before yesterday? I would be very interested in knowing who they are.

I know the family said they're close to getting her released and they said hopefully by tonight. Should be interesting to see what happens when she's released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
couchsluether