Caylee Anthony 2 year old General Discussion #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that they should not visit her until she "reaches out" in a phone call to tell them what she knows. They should hang up on her not visit until she talks. I know that is easier said than done, since she is their family. But I think the last two phone calls with Lee was to see if he still believed her and to see if he was still "on her side" I am hoping that he is hanging up on her and its not his cellphone going bad and Casey realizes this

AND - when Cindy said no - she did not know Casey's involvement - did you hear Casey's voice change just a little? Seemed to me that Casey took this to mean that she (Casey) was fooling everyone and she could keep on doing it. I think this was a defining moment. If Cindy would have been able to say something like - no, but LE thinks they know what your involvement was - letting Casey know someone was on to her, but Mom still believed everything she was saying, Cindy might have gotten some real info. This was before all the phone calls were released, so Casey might have spilled, at least a little bit, because LE was being so "unfair" to her...... arresting her on a "whim."

Opportunities lost,

Salem
progress.gif
This conversation always seemed awkward to me. For awhile there, I thought Cindy was a bit dumfounded because there had been some sort of collusion there...that Cindy did in fact know something.

Leila please view the Daily recap thread here It will answer your questions

I've missed most of the discussion today, and the presser. I did hear that Sheppard Smith stated that Casey is to be released from jail. Is that correct and why?

Was there anything released in the presser that's new?

Unfortunately, there was nothing new released. There is a thread specifically about the presser.

Has any of the family been to visit Casey in the last few days? Maybe they are letting her stew a while.
They have to wait for the new week to begin. they've already used up their 3 days.

I think that they should not visit her until she "reaches out" in a phone call to tell them what she knows. They should hang up on her not visit until she talks. I know that is easier said than done, since she is their family. But I think the last two phone calls with Lee was to see if he still believed her and to see if he was still "on her side" I am hoping that he is hanging up on her and its not his cellphone going bad and Casey realizes this

I think you're onto something here. Once Casey realizes she is no longer the center of attention maybe she will do something to once again get their attention.

Does that make sense? LOL

I have seen many posts about Cindy and what her behavior may mean. I have been sitting here this morning thinking long and hard about this topic. I must admit that I myself am guilty of Cindy bashing when I hear her on TV not in the boards but to my fiancee who has been following this case with me. After really thinking about it I have formulated my personal opinion. In the jail call Casey was very rude to her mother about her cameo on TV. I am thinking Cindy knows that Casey will see anything she says to the media so she had to change her strategy at that point. As Casey's mother she may be hoping that she is the one person that can get through to her daughter and get her to fess up to what really happened to Caylee. In order to do this she cannot lose Casey's trust so she is fully supportive of her daughter on camera. Behind closed doors with LE and the FBI yesterday could have been her chance to be completely honest without risk of Casey seeing what her thoughts were on TV. Something that she may have revealed during her interviews yesterday could have given LE and FBI new leads to check out sparking today's activity.

Again, none of us really know what is going on in Cindy's mind but this is what I have come up with as my person opinion.

Edited to add, I am having trouble finding the post or article where Cindy has asked the media to go away, could someone please point me in the right direction?

That's also my feeling about why Cindy has acted the way she has -- she knows all that she says publicly is going to make it back to Casey either via the media reports or via her lawyer, and Casey is the only link in the world she has to finding Caylee. She is not a stupid woman. She knows it doesn't look good for Caylee, and I doubt she believes Casey -- she, of all people, probably knows best when her daughter is lying.

She probably does hope that there's some small chance that Casey sold, gave away or just deserted Caylee somewhere and that she is alive. I know I wouldn't totally give up that hope unless I had absolute proof otherwise, even if I logically knew it weren't likely. I'd pander day and night to Casey if I thought she held the one and only key to finding my grandbaby (or her remains), no matter what anyone else thought of me or who/how many I alienated. If this is the case with Cindy -- that she just wants answers about who has Caylee or where her body can be found -- then I don't blame her a bit for doing the only thing she feels she can do to get those answers.

My second thought is that the family knows Casey much better than the rest of the world, and they may sincerely believe that she is absolutely not capable of purposefully hurting Caylee. Who knows, maybe they think an accident happened and that Casey has had some kind of break with reality such that she's totally blocking the truth and replacing it with a concocted story wherein Caylee is still alive. If the family believes along these lines -- even if they don't believe Casey's story -- then in addition to wanting answers about Caylee, they very well may feel protective of Casey and worried about her mental health and her future.

I happen to think an accident probably did happen, but not that Casey is blocking anything. I think she's been trying to avoid responsibility and consequences for her part in it (probably as much afraid of her mama as the legal system). She was trying to come up with a scenario to absolve herself, but she wasn't clever enough to pull it off.

No doubt, Cindy is aggravating, but I try to keep in mind that she must be desperate to get answers from Casey. For all I know, LE might've encouraged her to act this way in order to try to gain Casey's trust and get her to spill something to Cindy. I just can't be too hard on her right now. However, should Caylee be found and Casey charged with murder and Cindy is still insisting Casey is innocent and her story is true, I will revise my opinion completely.

I've missed most of the discussion today, and the presser. I did hear that Sheppard Smith stated that Casey is to be released from jail. Is that correct and why?

Was there anything released in the presser that's new?

The only thing that I'm aware of that happened today was that the Anthonys asked LE to retreive things from their home ( which they did) and thats it. The Anthonys are cooperating, they're at a fundraiser as we speak, no sign of Lee. No new calls, no Casey getting out of jail. :clap:.

Even if Caylee is found alive,.. can they still press charges on Casey for obstruction and child neglect? I heard that if they charged her on that alone that it is 6 years in jail.

this question intrigues me. i'll find out! give me a minute, i'll sign into westlaw...

(i should note: they can definitely still charge her for obstruction and child neglect - as those crimes have already been committed - i just want to find out what the sentencing terms would be...)

No shep jumped the gun on that, the presser was about the Anthony's and how they have helped so much. In the investigation of the disappearance of Caylee.

I think you're onto something here. Once Casey realizes she is no longer the center of attention maybe she will do something to once again get their attention.

I bet she is just tickled pink that this is a national story. :furious: And its sad that even if Caylee is found alive she will ALWAYS be the mother that waited 31 DAYS to report her missing and she will always have a "bad mother" stigma to her name.

That is what I was thinking also.

Please forgive me if this has been discussed, but did anyone think someone else would be joining in on the pc? Could there have been a different reason for this presser initially (release of info about evidence), but that was changed because the family was asked and they requested the info not be released till after the benefit?

I’m excited, I just got registered, this is my first post. I’ve been reading here for a while and am kind of obsessed with this case. With all the comments about Cindy being made, I just wanted to say I don’t feel I can judge her, at least not yet. I remember early on, she made the statement that in the past, when Casey would lie, Cindy has always been able to get the truth out of her. I think Cindy may believe that if she could just get Casey home and away from everyone else, she could find out the truth. She knows Casey hears everything Cindy says in the media, and may feel she has to be publicly supportive of Casey in order to keep the lines of communication open. The best way for her to get the truth from Casey would be to continue being supportive of Casey, I think. I just can’t help but feel a lot of sympathy for Cindy, I can’t imagine what she is going through, it must be absolute hell. She may just be in deep denial, but she also may be trying to find Caley the best way she knows how. I could be wrong, and I can’t blame anyone else for being angry and fed-up with both Cindy and Casey, it’s just so difficult to watch this case unfold, knowing that Casey has the answers and won’t talk. Just mo.

Please forgive me if this has been discussed, but did anyone think someone else would be joining in on the pc? Could there have been a different reason for this presser initially (release of info about evidence), but that was changed because the family was asked and they requested the info not be released till after the benefit?

If there was some SIGNIFICANT crack in the case I am sure that they would have said something regardless. Atleast I would hope so:confused:

I'm fairly new here, so forgive me if I am O/T with this.

Something bothers me about the shed. It was stated by Cindy (and she dragged this explanation out) saying that it was ALWAYS locked and Casey did NOT have a key. If this is the case, how could she have had a history of stealing the gas? The house/yard looks pretty tidy, so I don't think that they would have just left gas cans sitting on the patio.

That said, WHY, if George knew she had stolen gas before, did he call and report it this time??? Could it be that he found something in that shed and wanted to make a report so that it would not fall back on him? Could it be that Cindy obviously wears the pants in that family, and maybe that was his way of cluing LE in early on that something was wrong? It seems that if he tried to talk to Cindy about it, she would have gone bonkers and likely created a huge rift in the house.

Maybe I misunderstood, but today didn't they get a soil sample and it was stated that the search was on the outside of the house today?

Hit refresh before you reply to someone, you may find their question already answered.

:run:

FLORIDA 827.03 Abuse, aggravated abuse, and neglect of a child; penalties.--

(1) "Child abuse" means:
(a) Intentional infliction of physical or mental injury upon a child;
(b) An intentional act that could reasonably be expected to result in physical or mental injury to a child; or
(c) Active encouragement of any person to commit an act that results or could reasonably be expected to result in physical or mental injury to a child.

A person who knowingly or willfully abuses a child without causing great bodily harm, permanent disability, or permanent disfigurement to the child commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(2) "Aggravated child abuse" occurs when a person:
(a) Commits aggravated battery on a child;
(b) Willfully tortures, maliciously punishes, or willfully and unlawfully cages a child; or
(c) Knowingly or willfully abuses a child and in so doing causes great bodily harm, permanent disability, or permanent disfigurement to the child.

A person who commits aggravated child abuse commits a felony of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(3)(a) "Neglect of a child" means:
1. A caregiver's failure or omission to provide a child with the care, supervision, and services necessary to maintain the child's physical and mental health, including, but not limited to, food, nutrition, clothing, shelter, supervision, medicine, and medical services that a prudent person would consider essential for the well-being of the child; or
2. A caregiver's failure to make a reasonable effort to protect a child from abuse, neglect, or exploitation by another person.

Neglect of a child may be based on repeated conduct or on a single incident or omission that results in, or could reasonably be expected to result in, serious physical or mental injury, or a substantial risk of death, to a child.

(b) A person who willfully or by culpable negligence neglects a child and in so doing causes great bodily harm, permanent disability, or permanent disfigurement to the child commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(c) A person who willfully or by culpable negligence neglects a child without causing great bodily harm, permanent disability, or permanent disfigurement to the child commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

(4) For purposes of this section, "maliciously" means wrongfully, intentionally, and without legal justification or excuse. Maliciousness may be established by circumstances from which one could conclude that a reasonable parent would not have engaged in the damaging acts toward the child for any valid reason and that the primary purpose of the acts was to cause the victim unjustifiable pain or injury.

History.--s. 1, ch. 4721, 1899; s. 1, ch. 4971, 1901; GS 3236, 3238; RGS 5069, 5071; s. 1, ch. 9331, 1923; CGL 7171, 7173; s. 1, ch. 65-113; s. 1, ch. 70-8; s. 940, ch. 71-136; s. 49, ch. 74-383; s. 30, ch. 75-298; s. 1, ch. 84-238; s. 8, ch. 96-322; s. 16, ch. 99-168; s. 1, ch. 2003-130.

Note.--Former s. 828.04.

i'm trying to figure out sentencing now...

No shep jumped the gun on that, the presser was about the Anthony's and how they have helped so much. In the investigation of the disappearance of Caylee.
It was probably mentioned in their meeting yesterday. I think they're feeling slighted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member