Caylee Anthony 2 years old #8: General Discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The bank doesn't refund the money to the account holder; they've already paid the money out to the person who forged the checks. If there was money in the account to cover the checks, then the bank isn't "out" anything, but if there isn't, then the account holder would have to come up with the money.
I'm no financial whiz, hopefully somebody else will have a definitive answer.

The account holder isn't held responsible as long as a police report is filed. My son had his debit card stolen by a friend. He wasn't responsible for the charges made on the debit card nor did the bank access any charges to his account.

I watched the video of Cindy after the bond hearing and I just can't believe she would say those things! I loved how George told her to be quiet. He probably knows (since he was former LE) that if she keeps making statements like they haven't been looking for Caylee and she isn't helping with the investigation anymore that they might get her for obstruction. Also maybe there is some proof with those receipts. Maybe George knows that they were collecting those receipts to prove that she did do those things AFTER Caylee was already dead. Being from an LE family, they would know how an investigation works. JMO

The bank doesn't refund the money to the account holder; they've already paid the money out to the person who forged the checks. If there was money in the account to cover the checks, then the bank isn't "out" anything, but if there isn't, then the account holder would have to come up with the money.
I'm no financial whiz, hopefully somebody else will have a definitive answer.

WK- The bank has the fiduciary responsibility to check the ID, and the sigs on checks presented, since we know it was done fraudulently, they must cover their error. Thus why the police report has to be filed.
If she (Casey) overdrew the account, that's another matter, now the bank files on their own, or in conjunction..

I called my friend who is a broker, I ask her these questions and she goes "are you in some kind of trouble you want to tell me about?" LOL

I seriously have doubted that story from the beginning...that the ORL pd closes...I think they either went down there and then chickened out about going in (Casey probably freaked) or they never actually drove down there at all...just another lie.

Especially since Orlando is one of the busiest tourists spots in the US.

May be silly but has anyone checked to see if there are any active webcams near any of the places of interest in this case? These things are all over the place these days, just positioned in peoples front windows, ect. This is my first post and WOW is this a fast thread!

I seriously have doubted that story from the beginning...that the ORL pd closes...I think they either went down there and then chickened out about going in (Casey probably freaked) or they never actually drove down there at all...just another lie.
Actually, we have "sub-stations" here that do close so I don't find that to be so unusual. Might be the ONLY part of their story that IS true! :rolleyes:

http://www.wftv.com/news/16954576/detail.html

(Snip)
Eyewitness News learned that Casey's parents had scheduled a video visit with their daughter Wednesday, something that is usually public record, but investigators asked the jail not to release info about whether that is actually happening.

Eyewitness News also learned Wednesday that there are four holds on Anthony before she's released. Two are related to the judge's requirements and two are undisclosed, but the jail won't explain why they aren't being disclosed. A mental health evaluation could be one reason for the undisclosed holds.

The account holder isn't held responsible as long as a police report is filed. My son had his debit card stolen by a friend. He wasn't responsible for the charges made on the debit card nor did the bank access any charges to his account.

I know they aren't if a police report is filed. I think the original question was whether Amy would have to prosecute. If it was a friend or relative, the account holder might not want to file a police report, or to prosecute. In that case, they'd have to make up the money themselves, right? See what i'm saying...... I'm sorry, it makes perfect sense to me, but I'm probably not saying it right.

Oviedo house must be the house they were going to move into ? ya think !

Sounds like Amy was going to move there but that fell through so she and Casey were going to move in together. Thing is, Casey speaks of this move on June 2nd? She was still living at home and Caylee was still very much alive then.

The direction we're going here has me confused. I very much think that Casey did something with this child. Where I am having difficulties is understanding how her demeanor hasn't cracked yet. We know that responsibility isn't her strong suit. We know she'll lie in a heartbeat. She's been living off of her parents for 2 years and is all about being social. I find it very hard to believe that she didn't spill her guts to someone because she is so used to being taken care of and having no responsibility.
She just doesn't seem that strong of a person to go this alone. IMO, there is someone in this circle that needs to be grilled by LE. I think the cameras at the check cashing place maybe the key to all of this. They will either show who picked her up and show who dropped the car off.

JMO - OME

I agree, she doesn't seem that strong to me either. I was expecting her to fall apart yesterday and yell out something in the courtroom.

Lets see....Cindy thinks she is capable, Casey did her own investigation and
they watch TV. Obviously, they haven't been watching what we watch or they would know that leaving LE out of this isn't the way to go regardless of the situation.

:bang:

OME

I had to snicker at that. The look on Cindy's face on the stand yesterday "How did you come up with this?"......"Oh Well, I watch TV"... I about lost it then in hysterical laughter.

Seriously now..who in their right mind would even give myspace a thought at a time like that?

Exactly!

And good morning yall! :)

We can't leave out that Caseys car was found outside of a CHECK CASHING establishment. Is this a link between Amy's forged checks and Casey? It might not be just a place where the car was left.

OME

I distinctly remember early on in the case seeing a picture and video of Cindy sitting beside Caylee's bed with a teddy bear and toys all around. She said Caylee and Casey shared a bedroom.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...lee-anthonypics-photos,0,6054035.photogallery
picture #32

Someone else posted a video of Caylee's room, too, so I stand corrected. I don't know where I got that info that Caylee and Casey shared a room. This case has my head spinning!

ETA Thank you!

lol, did anyone see my posts regarding the new bond info?

Also maybe there is some proof with those receipts. Maybe George knows that they were collecting those receipts to prove that she did do those things AFTER Caylee was already dead. Being from an LE family, they would know how an investigation works. JMO
It was Cindy who collected the receipts and not LE. She mentioned how she tried to get the Detectives to look at them and they were not interested.

http://www.wesh.com/news/16962278/detail.html

(snip)
A representative of the Orange County Sheriff's Office also said that detectives received a tip from a woman who claimed to be nearly certain she saw Caylee boarding a flight to Atlanta at Orlando International Airport. She was accompanied by a woman in her 40s, but officials said there was a lack of detail in the tip. The flight number was not know or even the day of the sighting.

How convenient that this person that saw (and talked to) Caylee, called Cindy first, the lawyer dude called her back, and got more information than LE...

(Snip)
Eyewitness News learned that Casey's parents had scheduled a video visit with their daughter Wednesday, something that is usually public record, but investigators asked the jail not to release info about whether that is actually happening.

Eyewitness News also learned Wednesday that there are four holds on Anthony before she's released. Two are related to the judge's requirements and two are undisclosed, but the jail won't explain why they aren't being disclosed. A mental health evaluation could be one reason for the undisclosed holds.

Wouldnt the psych eval have to have been considered yesterday at the bond hearing to be a "hold"? I'm thinking maybe they are awaiting a DA/ judge sign off on the checks/stolen cash as we talked about earlier, making sure that even if she makes bail she goes nowhere..

OME, you're welcome.

I missed that clip you just mentioned. Maybe Caylee's toys are in a Florida room or a family room? Or maybe one of those type rooms were converted into a playroom for her. Since Caylee and Casey shared a room, maybe there wasn't much room for toys?

Did they show Casey's room only? I would have thought that home to be a 3 bedroom, not 2.

"We're doing everything we can to get her out. We're working on it. That's why we can't talk right now," said Jose Baez, the family's attorney."

Then why was he talking to Greta last night on Fox hmmmmmm?

I really am started to dislike ALL the players in this case! The only one that I seem to think is trying to distance himself is Lee,... WHY DIDN'T HE WALK OUT WITH HIS PARENTS AFTER THE BOND HEARING?

I know they aren't if a police report is filed. I think the original question was whether Amy would have to prosecute. If it was a friend or relative, the account holder might not want to file a police report, or to prosecute. In that case, they'd have to make up the money themselves, right? See what i'm saying...... I'm sorry, it makes perfect sense to me, but I'm probably not saying it right.

All that has to happen is a police report being filed. the bank takes over at that point. My son didn't want to prosecute either...and didn't...the bank did. This actually put his account in the "rears" and bank reimbursed the account to where it was when the card was said to have been taken.

Gpa signed the affidavit to turn over the car and the garbage bag containing the pizza right? I suspect that if there was pizza in the car, it was deliberately put there to, ah, mask what might other wise have been pretty overwhelming....Something tells me when the car arrived from the towing company, GPA cleaned it out just out of habit....

This was my thought too. They live in a prominent neighborhood, I'm sure they have garbage pick-up. Why else put trash in the car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow