Caylee Anthony 3 year old General discussion #106

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO maybe LE is not mishandling the case from a forensic perspective, but they have from a media perspective. This case has become a 3-ring circus with lie after unsupported lie being told by the Anthony's with no real rebuttal from the police, and now CAsey getting out on bond thru a bounty hunter is only adding to the chaos. LE should have come down hard on the ANthony's to button up early unless their stories were substantiated. Somehow I don't think whoever is in control is aware of how out of control things are right now.

In a recent case called Creech v. State of Florida, a Florida appellate court said that before a judge can increase someone's bond, the prosecution must first prove that there has been a substantial change in circumstances or additional evidence uncovered since the person's bond was originally set. A judge cannot increase someone's bond simply because he believes that the conditions of bond that were previously set by another judge were too lenient.

Depending on the evidence LE has collected they may be able to argue that circumstances have changed, they now have reason to believe the child is deceased (if they are ready to go with that), or that Casey is at risk of harm to herself or others.

I think there is a grandjury convened, and supposedly no one has initiated the process to get her out anyway. Could just be a publicity stunt.[/QUOTE]

i agree totally; especially about the publicity stuntiness of this reality tv circus act. and yes, i made up the word stuntiness.

I could be incorrect, but I heard that 500k was the max for the charges she has against her, so in order to raise the bond, they would have to bring new charges.??? Am i incorrect?

I think what people are getting upset about is the at a minimum appearance that protecting Casey's rights is being done so at the cost of finding Caylee, who no one protected.

On a global picture, of course I don't want Casey's rights violated and I don't want our rights infringed upon based on the emotion of a case. On a specific case level I would like to see her waterboarded until she tells someone where Caylee is. I don't think it should actually be done of course.

You said it so perfect. These are my sentiments exactly and I thank you Impatientrehead.:)

I agree that it's interesting that no friends or family of the Anthonys have
come forward. Maybe they're just an unappealing bunch and nobody cares
for them.

I don't find it surprising that none of Casey's friends are jumping aboard
her defense ship, though. Self-preservation (SELFISHNESS) is prevalent.
This brings to mind my previous challenge of lining of 20 WS members to
scrutinize their past. Who could or would pass the "sniff test?"

When the going gets tough, the friends (with a PAST) are GONE.
imo
:crazy:

Patrick B, I have heard that name.. who is he? Anyone have any info about him?

Honestly people, I don't care who ya are. If your child is kidnapped, and you are fearful of going to the authorities b/c you were threatened, you STILL go to the police in private and the whole thing would be handled behind the scenes...the FBI and police have people trained to deal with these situations.

It depends what the threat was.
I cannot say, for a fact, what I would do but we know what YOU would do.

I hope we find out what Casey will do.

I found this little definition about a hold on a bail bond site. Thought it was interesting and it might help with understanding a hold. The example given is just an example and there is no reason to believe that it pertains to this case.

A hold is a detainer placed on you by another governmental agency which requires you be held pending clearance of the hold. Example: If you had unpaid traffic tickets you could be held in jail until they were paid or you served them out with jail time.

Pasted from <http://www.abailbonds.com/FAQ.htm>

Thanks for that link ... I was trying to explain the issue of holds on an earlier post ... (see below)

"The 500k bond is for one single case ... (Orange County being the agency) ... other agencies (Federal, state municipal, etc.) ... or even other entities inside OCSD may have placed "holds" on Casey. These holds take time to clear ... depending on what they involve ... bad checks, ToP or even fraud, for example, could mean that additional bond money is required to clear the hold for the particular agency. Not to mention, lots and lots of paperwork. Sometimes, if a person has a hold from an outside agency ... the jail has to keep the inmate there until a transfer can be made. A lot of times, in fact most of the time, the holds from outside agencies are not evident until the inmate is being processed for release. So, even if the BH/BM thought that he knew what her holds were ... and how long it would take to clear them ... he may not have been privy to the full picture.

This is just speculating of course that the reason for the delay is because of these holds ..."

We really don't need "sides" until Caylee is found, and then guilt or innocence may or may not be easily proven. LE, The Anthony's, Baez, the Padilla's they all need to be on sides.

IMHO maybe LE is not mishandling the case from a forensic perspective, but they have from a media perspective. This case has become a 3-ring circus with lie after unsupported lie being told by the Anthony's with no real rebuttal from the police, and now CAsey getting out on bond thru a bounty hunter is only adding to the chaos. LE should have come down hard on the ANthony's to button up early unless their stories were substantiated. Somehow I don't think whoever is in control is aware of how out of control things are right now.

What a great point. Yes, they have mishandled this from a PR point of view. And I agree, I thought they would suggest strongly that G and C stay a little quieter. It's out of control. Or has been. Now we don't hear from them but from their insipid Garrision Pr Dude.

We really don't need "sides" until Caylee is found, and then guilt or innocence may or may not be easily proven. LE, The Anthony's, Baez, the Padilla's they all need to be on sides.

And I believe that we are all on the same side: we want Caylee home safe and whomever harmed her punished.

We just sometimes disagree about what that entails.

Just sticking phone info up to be semi handy-
snip*

Casey's making phone calls on her cell phone. 3:03 PM, she calls her dad on his cell phone. 4:10, she calls her mom at work. 4:11, she calls her mom on her cell phone. 4:13, she calls her mom on her cell phone. 4:14, she calls her mom at work. 4:19, she calls Tony Lazzaro (ph). 4:21, she calls Jesse Grund (ph). 4:24, mom on her cell. 6:32, mom on home phone. 6:33, voice-mail. 7:06, mom home. And 7:20, she calls her friend, Amy.
Now, if you notice, Greta, these calls that are a minute apart -- if I call you and I don't -- I get your voice-mail and I hang up, that registers as a minute.

*snip*
WATTS: Well, Greta, it's interesting because the 17th seems to be sort of a blurry day...snipped.
Passin' thanks for this.

I agree, and that makes me think as I have said for a week this is or is in the process of GJ.. There is a reason a guardian ad litem has not been appointed in this case, and for me, there can only be one reason for that based on what she is charged with and the size of the bond..imo

good point, blink. i hadn't really given thought to a guardian ad litem - but it is an interesting idea, especially in terms of the neglect charge against casey anthony, aka 2008 mother of the year. i'm not exactly sure how it works in cases like this; they wouldnt resort to the grandparents, or the next-of-kin after the mother, to represent the child's best interests? (um, this is not to say that i support ever trusting the best interests of a child to the anthonys, i am just curious...)

and the size of the bond is definitely telling, in my opinion.

Thanks for that link ... I was trying to explain the issue of holds on an earlier post ... (see below)

"The 500k bond is for one single case ... (Orange County being the agency) ... other agencies (Federal, state municipal, etc.) ... or even other entities inside OCSD may have placed "holds" on Casey. These holds take time to clear ... depending on what they involve ... bad checks, ToP or even fraud, for example, could mean that additional bond money is required to clear the hold for the particular agency. Not to mention, lots and lots of paperwork. Sometimes, if a person has a hold from an outside agency ... the jail has to keep the inmate there until a transfer can be made. A lot of times, in fact most of the time, the holds from outside agencies are not evident until the inmate is being processed for release. So, even if the BH/BM thought that he knew what her holds were ... and how long it would take to clear them ... he may not have been privy to the full picture.

This is just speculating of course that the reason for the delay is because of these holds ..."

Another "Agency" could be Orange County Mental Health or Health Agency -- Mental Health Division. FYI :)

Anyone hear anything about LP posting the bond yet? It's DINNERTIME!!!! ;-)

Weird.. i thought we were locked for a second. Maybe it was just my computer.

Nope not a word. Looks like she's a guest of the county for another evening.

It depends what the threat was.
I cannot say, for a fact, what I would do but we know what YOU would do.

I hope we find out what Casey will do.

Dont we already know what Casey did? Lie, lie, lie, oh ya and lie some more. Didn't tell her family.....????? how would a kidnapper know who she was telling? are we to believe the party that threatned her was also stalking and monitoring phone conversations? even LE says there is no evidence of a kidnapping! oh wait, I bet they are in on it too...they are just liars right? please!

Nope--we were locked. LOL--I guess some of us got a little snippy ( who me?) oops. Sorry mods! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMTAG