Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why in the world would George do that?

IMO, because they know it's looking awfully bad for Casey and that the timeline for something having happened to Caylee is being narrowed to within the first couple of days after they left the GPs home.

George first said a neighbor had stolen the gas cans. Then when the timeline narrows for Casey, he changes his tune to say that she stole them instead. While I believe it's true that she did steal them, I do not believe he found them in her trunk on the 24th. I think he found them there when he brought the car home from impound, and when he realized it would look really bad for Casey for him to say that's when he discovered the cans, he changed his story entirely.

I think he and Cindy want everyone to believe that as of June 24th, when he allegedly saw Casey, there was no odor of decomp or other signs of foul play in the trunk of that car; therefore, any allegations that Casey had Caylee in the trunk on any date before that time just couldn't be true.

I feel sorry for them...I think they're heartbroken and desperate...but some of the things they say really stretch credulity beyond the limit.

Smell is the reception of physical evidence; gasses from decomposition material. The gasses are physical evidence. Gas is a physical matter just the same as liquid or solid.
Yes, and I'm sure they've run whatever they can through one of those gas chomatograph thingies, but what if the dogs were wrong?

Mind you, I'm expecting to hear they do have DNA evidence in that trunk that matches Caylee. But if for whatever reason they don't, the state would be in the uncomfortable position of having to sell the jury on having faith that the dogs didn't make a mistake because their handler gave subconscious signals.

lol Greta had a dog handler on too, her fella said the thing about blood, I believe.
Where do you think I heard it?! LOL DUH!

Actually, we have gone over the dog discussion in many cases here. We did have a dog trainer or two that taught us a lot. We had plenty of questions in the Jennifer Kesse case about the dogs and the hits.

They will have DNA Diane, they will. Maggots? On pizza? In a trunk?

There are dogs that are trained to hit on very small amounts of blood and it ranges...so I am not certain where you are getting that spec from. Yes, it is true that old blood could be detected, but I am not sure if it would completely skew the decomp hits.

Scuse me it was 3 cc's blood. Something felt wrong about MIlliliters when I was typing it. Anyway, Appendix B at this link.
http://www.k9fleck.org/pdf documents/SARdog-B.pdf

Now you mention it, I think she counted out 19 days, one by one.

I'll have to look for that - it was a good one. Because it was spur-of-the-moment after an emotional situation, it seemed more candid than usual.

Thanks Diane. I can't believe I haven't heard or seen that video because I am all over this case.

I think no one's answering your questions because no one has the slightest idea.

I'd wait a week or so and try again - you never know what might turn up by then.

That question was actually answered last week. Not sure if a different party asked it though. My response then was the dogs used at the Anthony's were cadaver sniffer's. Dogs are trained within their specialty's for their searches, (their specific.) Example you don't take a bomb sniffing or a drug sniffing dog to seek out cadaver/decomp.

Yes, and I'm sure they've run whatever they can through one of those gas chomatograph thingies, but what if the dogs were wrong?

Mind you, I'm expecting to hear they do have DNA evidence in that trunk that matches Caylee. But if for whatever reason they don't, the state would be in the uncomfortable position of having to sell the jury on having faith that the dogs didn't make a mistake because their handler gave subconscious signals.

It's a good concern, but that would be a matter of weighing the veracity (truthfulness) and credibility of the witness. Juries do that all the time. That's their job.

That question was actually answered last week. Not sure if a different party asked it though. My response then was the dogs used at the Anthony's were cadaver sniffer's. Dogs are trained within their specialty's for their searches, (their specific.) Example you don't take a bomb sniffing or a drug sniffing dog to seek out cadaver/decomp.

Some are trained to multiple specialties. Last page and the top pf this page have the link that state that. I was not asking of they took a drug dog or a bomb dog, but they might have taken a dog with multiple specialties.

They will have DNA Diane, they will. Maggots? On pizza? In a trunk?
I've asked this before and didn't really get anywhere. Did LE find and get the maggots. The only mention of them is from Cindy. Those maggots would hold a possible gold mine of forensics if they existed or if LE got them.

It's a good concern, but that would be a matter of weighing the veracity (truthfulness) and credibility of the witness. Juries do that all the time. That's their job.
Too bad dogs can't talk!

What does everyone think about the hurricane coming? I have been under the "it doesn't matter" as it has already been 2 months and in that area I would assume the impact would be lotsa rain. I really wish Casey would just TALK!

i started a thread on it, but i haven't checked it lately to see if anyone responded.

If they got the pizza...I guess they got the maggots with it. Now...the only question is did they call in Grissom?!

I'm just positive I remember Cindy saying early on that they had aired the car out. Am I misremembering? If that's correct, it's no surprise the stench wasn't as strong as it was at first. Can you imagine -- if it was such that LE could smell it after an airing out, what must it have been like prior to that? Yuck.

I agree with whoever said upthread that in the last 911 call, you can almost hear the wheels spinning and Cindy starting to become terrified when realizes that smell really might have been from a dead body. I think it still didn't dawn on her at that moment that Casey might've done something, only that something was terribly wrong.

Sherbie...........you are correct. It was in one of the early reports in regards to the car. George said that it smelled so bad he had to drive it home with the windows down and he had nausea. Cindy said that they had to leave the windows down to air it out.

I agree about that last 911 call. Cindy's July 3rd MySpace blog, and her statements in the first two 911 calls indicate that Cindy believes that Casey is withholding Caylee from her, but in that last 911 call it's as if it's dawned on Cindy for the first time that it's not just a matter of Casey withholding Caylee..............Caylee is gone! She's just beginning to connect the dots.

Cadaver dogs are only trained to hit on death no matter if the body is buried or not. I've heard 10 minutes to two hours after death can leave the scent behind.
Actually they now also have historical dogs which can got back numerous years. Dogs can sniff longer than two days. Time can be affected by environmental changes as well. Example, heavy rains, floods, etc.

For those of you who are veterans of this website and in law: I apologize for posting and making lackluster comments. I am very interested in this case and have been obsessing over it for weeks. I am in medicine, that is my field, and I find this website stellar compared to other blogs I have frequented of late. I hope I don't sound juvenile in my questions or responses as I am not in law, but I find this whole thing incredibly interesting. With that, I will go to bed and be on tomorrow for more theories and sleuthing.

Thanks for accepting me in your circle!

Seriously, it means What Would Flying Spaghetti Monster Do?......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor