DNA Solves

If Caylee drowned in the Anthony's pool would they have taken the pool down

• Yes

Votes: 239 87.9%
  • No

Votes: 34 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i googled him and saw that he was on the prosecutions witness list, as far as I went with that. not sure when "acandyrose" created that timeline, or how far that report went though. eh, realizing that I dont know as much about this case as I thought. lots of names I had not heard of in that time line. phone calls, texts etc.

I'm glad you mentioned acandyrose, I've bookmarked it. It's filled with so much interesting information!

wouldnt bone marrow be "soft tissue"? I believe there was no soft tissue to examine

I think it is soft tissue, inside the bones. I might venture 'a guess' that since some bones were recovered, maybe the bone marrow was still available. Since I'm no expert, I'm not sure of any of this.

Diatoms in forensic expertise of drowning

http://www.fsijournal.org/article/S0379-0738(02)00125-1/abstract

I hope and pray the ME did this testing on Caylee's bone marrow. But I'm getting a horrible feeling that she may not have.

The ME could not test the organs and such as no soft tissue was left. The article states very clearly that...The recovery of diatoms from various examined organs, their qualitative and quantitative composition, if properly treated without the possibility of contamination,
The remains of Caylee had been contaminated by animals, flood waters, decomposition etc. JMO but I have no doubt whatsoever in the ME examination and the thoroughness in which she examined and performed the autopsy on Caylee's remains.

on the subject of JT (witness on the 16th). this was posted by BondJamesBond in Oct of 2009

Originally Posted by BondJamesBond
The tough sell for me is the motive & opportunity for Casey & Caylee to be in either the Casselberry Walmart OR Techbay on 6/16.

Either is doable within certain windows of time per the pings...but...

Just for grins I'll toss out there that if one is driving up S. to N. Semoran one passes in the following order:

1) Gentiva
2) Full Sail
3) Lexus of Orlando
4) Casselberry Walmart

Recall (in one of the more enjoyable long-standing unsolved mysteries, AZ?) the debate regarding the # being called beginning w/ the flurry and continuing a few more times the week of 6/16 being Lexus vs. Gentiva?

Wonder if Cindy was having some repairs done on the Toyota 4Runner @ Lexus...and was driving a loaner...hence, first call to Lexus to see if Cindy had picked up her car yet...then...not willing to wait Casey hangs up & tries Cindy's cell a few times. Casey wouldn't be able to tell from just looking @ the Gentiva parking lot if Cindy had left yet or not. when she drove by...so she coulda kept on driving north to kill time (pun slightly intended) and conveniently loops around in the Walmart parking lot before heading back south again. Stops long enough to run in and pass JT. Of course, it appears Cindy was @ Gentiva 'till ~6PM. Did Casey sit & wait outside Gentiva for awhile? Did she just miss Cindy walking out of Gentiva during a jaunt up past

*sorry if I got off topic*

The ME could not test the organs and such as no soft tissue was left. The article states very clearly that...The recovery of diatoms from various examined organs, their qualitative and quantitative composition, if properly treated without the possibility of contamination,
The remains of Caylee had been contaminated by animals, flood waters, decomposition etc. JMO but I have no doubt whatsoever in the ME examination and the thoroughness in which she examined and performed the autopsy on Caylee's remains.

Thanks, Truthwillsetufree. I hope you are right as to the thoroughness of the ME.

I am still unsure as to whether or not this testing could or could not have been performed. And also as to if it could have been performed, was it.

I found another publication, The Complete Idiot's Guide to Forensics which states:

"Even in skeletal remains, diatoms may be recovered from bone marrow, thereby indicating death by drowning."

I'm not sure if this (long) google results link will work but I'll post it anyway:

http://books.google.com/books?id=Eh...marrow in decomposed skeletal remains&f=false

I guess we'll have to wait and see all the evidence and what all comes out at trial to be sure.

she may have drowned?
But all the other things make it look otherwise.
Plus, something happened in MARCH 2008 that triggered her hatred
for the entire family...

Thanks, Truthwillsetufree. I hope you are right as to the thoroughness of the ME.

I am still unsure as to whether or not this testing could or could not have been performed. And also as to if it could have been performed, was it.

I found another publication, The Complete Idiot's Guide to Forensics which states:

"Even in skeletal remains, diatoms may be recovered from bone marrow, thereby indicating death by drowning."

I'm not sure if this (long) google results link will work but I'll post it anyway:

http://books.google.com/books?id=Eh...marrow in decomposed skeletal remains&f=false

I guess we'll have to wait and see all the evidence and what all comes out at trial to be sure.

im pretty sure that when the ME made her statement to the public she stated there was no soft tissue to examine. Im also pretty sure that bone marrow is one of the best samples they can get for DNA, and many other tests (drugs, chloroform etc...) sorry, cant provide a link, but I have read that someplace at sometime :waitasec:

I have a question. If this was discussed please forgive. Wasn't there a string of calls to Caseys mom and dad that never went answered either because they weren't there or the call went to voicemail? do we know what date this was? Now, this would not be good for the defense if the string of calls put her away from the house(but if it does put her near the house, good) and it would not be good for the prosecution because to me at least, it screams panic, therefore accident. I do not think the accident was the drowning in the pool. I think Caylee(I hate writing this) suffocated. This girl is so at odds with her family yet makes a string of calls desperate to get in touch with them? Why? Again, if this was discussed please forgive and enlighten!

I have a question. If this was discussed please forgive. Wasn't there a string of calls to Caseys mom and dad that never went answered either because they weren't there or the call went to voicemail? do we know what date this was? Now, this would not be good for the defense if the string of calls put her away from the house(but if it does put her near the house, good) and it would not be good for the prosecution because to me at least, it screams panic, therefore accident. I do not think the accident was the drowning in the pool. I think Caylee(I hate writing this) suffocated. This girl is so at odds with her family yet makes a string of calls desperate to get in touch with them? Why? Again, if this was discussed please forgive and enlighten!

Yes, there was supposedly a string of calls from KC to her parents' phone numbers. My theory on this is NOT that Caylee drowned (because drowning victims do NOT have 3 pieces of duct tape wrapped around their entire head and covering their mouth and nose). I believe KC had a date with TL that night (remember, they went to Blockbuster to rent movies for the night) and that she wanted to sleep over - and TL did not allow Caylee to stay over, thinking it was inappropriate. So, KC called her parents' over and over, probably with an "emergency" work event and needing a sitter. CA and GA were already PO'd at her for the check scheme she'd pulled, and deliberately didn't answer. And I also believe this is why KC killed Caylee, out of pure anger, resentment, etc at possibly not being able to see TL that night.

I've been away from this forum for a while so I may have missed some information. I don't think that they were able to test for drowing but, it really wouldn't make much of a difference. The DA is saying that she accidentally drowned but the SA could just as easily state that she was intentionally drowned. Fact is, we know the state that Caylee was in when she was found but not exactly how she died. Based on lots of other evidence, I believe that KC killed her but evidence for drowning will not necessarily make/break the case.

moo

ETA - I remember much discussion in the early days of this case about how KC might have drowned Caylee. I think those threads are still here somewhere but I'm not sure how to find them.

Diatoms in forensic expertise of drowning

http://www.fsijournal.org/article/S0379-0738(02)00125-1/abstract

I hope and pray the ME did this testing on Caylee's bone marrow. But I'm getting a horrible feeling that she may not have.

Diatoms are living creatures that can exist in both fresh and saltwater and are part of the algae family. They are photosynthetic and require silica (sand) to build their shells. I would think the chlorine in swimming pools plus the lack of a silica source would kill off the diatoms. After all, that's why we add chlorine to pools, to control algae. I could see this as a viable approach if the victim died in a water source with diatoms such as a lake or ocean, but I can't see how it would be feasible in a well maintained pool situation. MO

Come on, it could have accidental and Casey just didn't report it - she probably had plans that night and the next night and just didn't have time to spend talking to the police about what happened and preparing a funeral and all. She had so many other things she had to do and that would have really put a kink in her lifestyle.

some have reported here their horrendous experiences after losing a loved one suddenly, especially disturbing if its a child of course.

i doubt if any of them believe her activities would have been possible, post accidental death

yeah, plans are one thing. an unexpected death, quite another.

a murder , otoh

party time.

There was talk that Lee had ordered a new filter for the Anthony pool not long after June 16. If the DT has the goods on that, that would be something factual that may lend to the credibility of their story.
"Talk," and even if it were true, not sure how it would lend cred as had Caylee drowned she would not have been in the pool more than even 1 hour, and no damage could have been done to a filter in that time. Perhaps if she had been in the pool a 5-7 days they would have had pool work to do, but this has yet to be alleged by JB, though I wouldn't bet against it yet as he seems very prone to the wildest stories possible.

I have a question, and maybe someone has answered it, but I don't even know where to put it. Where was Caylee all the times that Casey said she was with the Nanny? What kind of GREAT mother would LEAVE her child with a nanny all the time?

IIRC, CA had Caylee in the pool in the evening shortly before Caylee's death. GA testified someone would always be in the pool with Caylee. I believe Caylee, even at 2 y/o, wouldn't have gone there without "JoJo" or "CeCe". :)

I disagree. That's the ONLY part of the defense theory IMO that's possible. Children that young die every year of accidental drownings.

It's the outlandish fabrications that CASEY weaved into her tale that makes the entire thing ridiculous. Adding George, Lee and her mother into the story totally dodging any and all responsibility even for the accident is what puts Casey's stamp of approval on these latest outlandish lies

ICA's google and wikipedia searches 3 months before Caylee's death are, in my mind, major indicators that her death was no accident. Another huge indicator, is the "beautiful life" tattoo she got following her baby's death. I don't see any type of mourning going on at all. I think she was having the time of her life.

Justice for Caylee!!!

It sounds like she would have to be alive when entering the water, water enters the lungs and ends up in the marrow maybe? Not from being submerged after. breathing ceased... I'm NOT sure...

:innocent: Absolutely correct since the diatoms travel via the boldily fluids in an active, pulsating body.:rocker:

I have a question, and maybe someone has answered it, but I don't even know where to put it. Where was Caylee all the times that Casey said she was with the Nanny? What kind of GREAT mother would LEAVE her child with a nanny all the time?

Well there was not a Nanny, it was a lie, so I would assume Casey was with her daughter at all times.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lillianlily
Back