DNA Solves

If Caylee drowned in the Anthony's pool would they have taken the pool down

• Yes

Votes: 239 87.9%
  • No

Votes: 34 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just looked it up (http://www.svazi.com/v1/forensic/diat_intro.htm) and it seems that diatoms are found in natural water. I'm not sure if you'd find them in a chlorinated pool...

:loser:Given that the Anthony family pool was protected by Baquacil (sp?) which is a non-chlorine product, the issue in this case is moot BUT for reference factor a poorly chlorinated pool or for that matter, a public water supply can contain them.

I believe that the flurry of calls were one of two things, needing CA to watch Caylee,(for her date with TL) or checking to see if CA was still at work. You have to believe that Caylee was dead when she borrowed shovel since she did not take Caylee with her to get shovel. The A's had a freezer in garage (even GA stated this today, when he said he sat the cans on the freezer)WAS CA on her way home from work and KC coud not fake the drowning, so she put Caylee in freezer, (hence no smell in car at this time) (when did CA say groceries were taken from their house by KC? ) then she came back to get her body to stage a kidnapping. I also believe that KC telling AH and AR(x-ocso officer) that she was getting a house soon was because all the google searches were actually in March and her original plan was to get rid of parent but her and CA got into it, and Caylee paid the price.

I also wonder if KC backed her car in the garage BEFORE or AFTER she went to borrow the shovel?

JVM-TH saying the SA isn't attacking the defense claims. But they did. They called George up immediately, asked him, did Caylee drown? Nope.
They served notice by doing this.
Dear Defense,
You are going to have to put your client on the stand if you want anyone to entertain this theory, er, defense."
Sincerely,
SA

Here's the video tape. She didn't drown in the pool. Casey blows that theory off as media hype... George obviously doesn't know and she tells her parents she loves them... I pray the SA can enter this as evidence it blows the DT to pieces.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3xJi0Lu_fc[/ame]
2:15 into video

I don't believe the pool would still be there if George and Cindy knew or believed Caylee died there.

There was discussion today as to diatoms and drowning, and I stated I would look into and review, (thanks for the disagreement in chat to push me, I was wrong as to basics - Love my WS'ers that push back on their viewpoints/disagreements!!!) ....I discounted and said not biologically credible. I was wrong in part in that it wouldn't happen at all, but overall, it could in certain circumstances .

But after reviewing for a while - IMHO, it's not confirmatory- nor discounting, and not too relevant when the drowning is in a swimming pool (which is continuously filtered and not like pond/sea water with algae and normally occurring diatoms). Therefore, believe is a "circular argument" that has no basis for this case to even consider. I'm putting to bed this argument. Links for the scientific websleuths to read after me and my review of the following:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=diatoms%20bone%20marrow%20drowning&itool=QuerySuggestion

I believe that the flurry of calls were one of two things, needing CA to watch Caylee,(for her date with TL) or checking to see if CA was still at work. You have to believe that Caylee was dead when she borrowed shovel since she did not take Caylee with her to get shovel. The A's had a freezer in garage (even GA stated this today, when he said he sat the cans on the freezer)WAS CA on her way home from work and KC coud not fake the drowning, so she put Caylee in freezer, (hence no smell in car at this time) (when did CA say groceries were taken from their house by KC? ) then she came back to get her body to stage a kidnapping. I also believe that KC telling AH and AR(x-ocso officer) that she was getting a house soon was because all the google searches were actually in March and her original plan was to get rid of parent but her and CA got into it, and Caylee paid the price.
I'm wondering if CA will be asked as to what precipitated Casey leaving the home with Caylee. She did mention early on that Casey was going off to bond with her daughter...but when was that conversation? Will Cindy even be able to speak of anything that's NOT in her depositions? I'm sure that when she was deposed her main concern was saving Casey and would have watered down (ahem) the real reason why she left. But will she be asked WHY THEN?

I don't think she died in the pool. I think the murder weapon, as the prosecution stated was the duct tape. I think the evidence will show from the remains found that hairs were found with and without the deathband on them. Proving a live child with hairs pulled out upon application of the duct tape and deathband hairs also found on the tape. The placement over the nose and mouth of the tape proves murder.

I disagree. That's the ONLY part of the defense theory IMO that's possible. Children that young die every year of accidental drownings.

It's the outlandish fabrications that CASEY weaved into her tale that makes the entire thing ridiculous. Adding George, Lee and her mother into the story totally dodging any and all responsibility even for the accident is what puts Casey's stamp of approval on these latest outlandish lies

I understand your point. IMO, drownings are more likely if the pool is in-ground, however, my thoughts were since it is an above-ground pool and harder for little Caylee to access, the less chance she accidentally drowned. I agree though the defense theory which wove GA & RK into the scenario made it even more unlikely and fabricated.

MOO

I don't think she died in the pool. I think the murder weapon, as the prosecution stated was the duct tape. I think the evidence will show from the remains found that hairs were found with and without the deathband on them. Proving a live child with hairs pulled out upon application of the duct tape and deathband hairs also found on the tape. The placement over the nose and mouth of the tape proves murder.

I hadn't thought about hairs w/o deathbands on the duct tape...for me that puts a lot of pieces into place...

Also, how are you going to get duct tape to stick to a wet face...and I don't see either GA or ICA taking time to dry her hair and her face...ug...I think I need to go get another cup of coffee and hug by 2 yo

I am sure this has been asked and answered, I apologize. I didn't see anything as to where ICA was when Caylee supposedly left the house and went to the pool herself. If she was such a great mother, where was she? With a baby in the house and a pool in the yard, why did they not have an alarm on the back door or a latch lock high up on the door:banghead::maddening:? Where was GA at that time? In a household with a nurse and a former detective, they would know better than leaving easy access to the pool.

If this has indeed been answered, please point me in that direction. TIA :)

I am sure this has been asked and answered, I apologize. I didn't see anything as to where ICA was when Caylee supposedly left the house and went to the pool herself. If she was such a great mother, where was she? With a baby in the house and a pool in the yard, why did they not have an alarm on the back door or a latch lock high up on the door:banghead::maddening:? Where was GA at that time? In a household with a nurse and a former detective, they would know better than leaving easy access to the pool.

If this has indeed been answered, please point me in that direction. TIA :)

I don't think JB has worked this out yet - he didn't mention it in his opening statement.

"Talk," and even if it were true, not sure how it would lend cred as had Caylee drowned she would not have been in the pool more than even 1 hour, and no damage could have been done to a filter in that time. Perhaps if she had been in the pool a 5-7 days they would have had pool work to do, but this has yet to be alleged by JB, though I wouldn't bet against it yet as he seems very prone to the wildest stories possible.

Caylee was found with pieces of a pull-up or diaper. Why would anyone put a diaper on a dead child. Diapers get saturated with water when they are in a pool and basically fall off from the weight as you take the child out. There are a lot of little things that just do not make sense.

Something else that makes no sense. GA testified a normal morning for him was to get Caylee something to eat, sit and watch a video with her, join in playtime, color, etc. while Casey was still asleep in her bed. If this were a normal routine why would GA blame Casey when they were both home. He's is a trained professional trained to react, not in a negative way as JB suggests, but GA would have done CPR and yelled to KC to call 911.
jmo

WOW, that had never dawned on me. We always have a ton of hair on our heads that have fallen out while alive. Mixed with death band hair could sure mess up their story.

Plus wouldn't you have to get the hair dry for it to stick ??

So maybe they took her in the house and blew dried and brushed out any loose hair, then applied the tape.

Maybe that is why ICA is stroking her own hair ?? Wait till Byazz reads this. We will hear it in court.

Caylee was never in the freezer. It would have been in the ME report.

was just thinking to myself that if caylee had drowned, whether accidentally or by another hand, whether anyone but caylee and ICA were present or not, doesn't ICA's reaction to JA talking about the tape seem a little odd? why would she have that reaction *to the duct tape* if there was any drowning?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_zbUtrqKI8[/ame]

Honestly, I thought they had at least one time planned to challenge scientific evidence.....although this "accidental drowning" appears to be something thought of at the proverbial 11th hour. It has been almost three years, and if there was any merit to the theory the DT could have approached the SA long ago.......

MOO

I completely agree that this is an 11th hour defense. After reading some of the things that ICA wrote and told that other prisoner I really believe that if an accidental drowning happened she would have told this woman......or she would have told someone along the way.

The denial thing? Denial can be thick, but in this case it seems a little too convenient.

JMO

Are we supposed to believe that Casey Anthony was never tired, knowing her late night early phone activity with Tony? And then she had to get up and pretend to get to work and all this stuff. I really dont see why its so unfathomable to believe that an active entergenic child that loved the water who had a napping parent could get into a pool and drown, it happens all the time. There was a flurry of phone calls after a inactive time period with Casey, maybe she really did try to do the right thing at first, but desperation set in after not being able to reach anyone? She didn't handle her pregnancy like a normal person, there is something wrong with her, but I dont think shes a murderer. I think she inherited several mental disorders. Also, she drove around with her rotting child in the car. She didnt get rid of her within minutes, like most murderous parents will if they plan to kill their child.

She can't handle things very well, its obvious. jmo

If I were on the jury I would be wondering why we were having a trial at all if there was an accidental drowning. It just makes no sense that they would be going through all of this and especially that she would have been in jail all this time. The opening argument made by the DT would make me highly suspicious and I would be listening and watching everything even more closely than I would have otherwise.

I really want to say something else here too but I'm not going to because we know the DT reads here and I don't want to give them any ideas. What I will say is that there is another matter that keeps being brought up that really emphasizes in my mind anyway, that the state wouldn't be prosecuting this if they had any reason to believe that it really was an accidental drowning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lillianlily
Back