Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #112

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone that has been a member of WS for a while remember a case like this where forensics results took this long to receive?

snipped

Aligators won't eat "dead" meat - they have to make the kill. Occasionally IF they are starving - but that is very occasionally. Its a myth about gators.

This has been disputed numerous times with links to back it up. Not their preference for sure, but they can and will eat dead meat.

I doubt they will restrict online time. I guess it could happen, but I don't see it since none of her "crimes" are related to the computer.

OKOK~

If you would go look at the timeline of the events as we have figured them out, you would see that your timeline just isn't working. She went missing on June 15th-16th. The shovel wasn't borrowed until around June 24th.

Her father wasn't a policeman in that area.

Her then boyfriend, Tony L., picked her up and gave her a ride presumably back to his place so she didn't walk anywhere.

Her mother didn't "find" the car. The tow company did and her father went to pick it up on July 15th, but it had been there since June 30th.

I have the shovel 17th,18th just sayin :)

Leonard has absolutely no role to play other than having his employees provide "security". He could easily have said all along that this would be his role. It would have made perfect sense, given the investment his nephew was making.

Instead, he went on national TV any number of times with a completely different story about how he'd be able to get the truth out of Casey. Now he's had to divulge the fact that he's not getting anywhere near her, and his staff aren't in fact going to be questioning her.

"His" personal investment of $50,000 is looking a lot more suspect since now it appears to have been made as some kind of non-deductible charitable donation on Casey's behalf.

It's not us who look foolish!

Yes...and the 50,000 somehow makes me remember the "well known journalist" (Garrison or one of his connections possibly?) that supposedly contacted the Padillas or Baez to get this going. Did HE/SHE front the 50,000, I wonder? WHY would a well known journalist give a rats you-know-what about Casey Anthony? Hmm....

I just don't see the Padillas coughing it up for nothing.

I found many cases of this by Google...the mothers father is an Ex Cop...he may have talked about this at one time and his daughter remembered and did a copy cat of what she remembers her dad saying from his time as a cop.

Murder victims feed to alligators:

Man to Die for Girl's Alligator Death
AP
Posted: 2007-10-16 19:51:28
Filed Under: Crime News

MIAMI (Oct. 16) - A man convicted of murder for leaving a 5-year-old girl to be eaten alive by alligators in the Everglades was sentenced to death Monday.

A defense attorney said Harrel Franklin Braddy, who already served time in prison for attempted murder but was released early for good behavior, had befriended Shandelle Maycock and her daughter, Quatisha, through his involvement in church outreach programs.

]

I remember this case very well - I even talked about it last week some time. Alligators have to make the kill - they won't eat anything that is already dead. I live about 10 miles from the beginning of alligator alley - been around gators all my life. This myth has fooled a lot of murderers down here - drive out the alley and throw the body out - and guess what? Body found - murderer caught!

Can anyone that has been a member of WS for a while remember a case like this where DNA results took this long to receive?

In some cases we don't hear about DNA until the trial. The issue here is the length of time with no body. I fully expect they have back 90-100% of everything they sent in, now whether it helps or hinders them is a whole other kettle of fish.

I guess you are right. This does throw a wrench into what their plans were for her release. I can see where people could consider this being "false pretenses".

I honestly think Baez set this whole thing up so that the family can get their stories straight for later when it comes right down to it. They have been unable to do this while Casey has been under the watchful eye and ear of LE. We are going to see the blatent lies and discrepancies seem to melt away after this home "visit" because they will have the perfect opportunity to get on the same page now. Nice move, Baez.

i've been saying the same thing since the bail process started with Padilla. i could tell already it was going to be more for getting things in order OFF the record instead of finding caylee.

and my total rant..
im FUMING right now. the case is seriously getting to me. watching those papers be signed for her to leave. for casey to sit in her cozy home with a friggin bracelet on like some teenager who just got caught drinking underage, when she is a suspect to her daughter's disappearence and possible DEATH. wtf is this world coming to? i have really kept my cool through this case, but this has crossed the line for me. it's so difficult thinking of her sitting there tonight, with that smirk on her face, knowing she is getting out tomorrow.

all the while - the WHOLE purpose for the bounty hunter Padilla is for him to get the info out of her, now he isn't even allowed to ask her questions!!!!!!!

I doubt they will restrict online time. I guess it could happen, but I don't see it since none of her "crimes" are related to the computer.
I think LE would love to have her online, where they can track her every keystroke.

In the same way that Casey is paranoid about the public nature of jailhouse video visits, I have no doubt that Baez has alerted her to that fact, as well as the possibility that the FBI could be sitting in a "news van" parked outside the house with highly sensitive audio equipment pointed in her direction.

I think there may be a lot of pencil-sharpening going on at the Anthony's tonight!

Can anyone that has been a member of WS for a while remember a case like this where DNA results took this long to receive?
Yes...especially when LE is having trouble reconciling them. However, it can take a considerable amount of time to test 30 pieces of evidence on different levels. Preliminary tests are already finished, but the more complex tests could take months. It all depends on what they are testing for.

Well she's being limited to how much time she can spend on the phone even though none of the charges against her have anything to do with a telephone.

I think LE would love to have her online, where they can track her every keystroke.

In the same way that Casey is paranoid about the public nature of jailhouse video visits, I have no doubt that Baez has alerted her to that fact, as well as the possibility that the FBI could be sitting in a "news van" parked outside the house with highly sensitive audio equipment pointed in her direction.

I think there may be a lot of pencil-sharpening going on at the Anthony's tonight!
They probably should keep sharp obects away from Casey. Might I suggest Sharpies instead?!

Nah - they can just use dry erase boards - easier and quicker!!!!!

But now wait - that woman is going to be inside with her all the time - and I'm willing to bet that she's got REAL GOOD EARS on her!!!!

I found many cases of this by Google...the mothers father is an Ex Cop...he may have talked about this at one time and his daughter remembered and did a copy cat of what she remembers her dad saying from his time as a cop.

Murder victims feed to alligators:

Man to Die for Girl's Alligator Death
AP
Posted: 2007-10-16 19:51:28
Filed Under: Crime News

MIAMI (Oct. 16) - A man convicted of murder for leaving a 5-year-old girl to be eaten alive by alligators in the Everglades was sentenced to death Monday.

just wanted to calrify that Casey's father was a cop on OHIO, not florida. so this would not have been his area when he served on LE. just clarifying before it gets confuzzled.

to match her friggin pink handcuffs she had! ugh that made me mad.

I just can't imagine the media scrum tomorrow when she walks out that door!!!! Man oh man - that is an LE's worst nightmare. Bet they're gonna have snipers on the rooftop of the jail just watchin'. that's what is bothering me the most - a whole lotta crazies out there these days.

This has been disputed numerous times with links to back it up. Not their preference for sure, but they can and will eat dead meat.

THis is the first time I've ever heard of alligators not eating dead meat - I hear they'll eat dang near anything.

They do like to go into the death roll, they do that to kill their prey, they do it if the meat is dead too.

I hope they throw a towel or a blanket over her head so she can't see (and smile for the cameras) all she'll be able to do is hear all the nuts screaming "baby killer"!!!!!!!

I am hoping whatever the lead detective shared with the Anthonys yesterday included letting them know that Casey won't be venturing very far from the front of the courthouse.

Seeing her being rearrested for new charges tomorrow would really make my day.

Good night all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member