Caylee Anthony General Discussion thread #142

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I can see in the pictures of them together, and what we hear from her friends, I think she did love Casey. I think we will find out that this was an accident. IMOO

No, I dont think so. Casey is smart enough to know that if it were an accident she could have called 911 and won gobs of sympathy. Nah, she killed her with angry intent.

No, she was never an abuser, but I also feel that she never formed a true bond with her, including empathy because she is a textbook sociopath. In her interview with Cpl. Mellich.....she sounds nauseated when relaying that Caylee was always happy!

He's getting exposure, but frankly that's all he's getting, IMO. He's not doing a great job for his client, flails about, talks too much, makes his client look bad...I really don't think anyone is going to be beating down his door to hire him after this...IMO. IMO, he doesn't come across as professional at all.

So true - I think the publicity that JB is getting will not help him with future clients. Honestly if I were Casey there were plenty of other criminal attorneys I would have called on first - Mark NeJame is the top criminal attorney here in Orlando - not Jose Baez

Just logging on for the day and reading.

You know, sometimes, it's not a good thing to defend a guilty person. I realize everyone is entitled to a defense, but sometimes it's bad for your career, especially in a case as "big" as this one.

Baez needs to run like the wind if he has any hope for a future as a defense attorney. JMO.

Defense Attorneys do not make their living by defending innocent people. The vast majority of their clientele are in fact guilty and know it. They tend to look for a defense attorney that presents an agressive and effective defense.

While defending a guilty client may not make you popular in the comunity, it will not lose you business. And if you present yourself in a competent and effective manner in a very public case, you will gain tons of business. Whereas if you coem off as a chattering incompetant boob, you may lose customers.

I think Baez is sort of dancing right on the line of agressive defense vs boob so far.

Wow. Just wow.

When I read the 400 pages of docs, I thought it was so strange that she said that so coolly. I wondered how she couldn't yell and scream it, then began to wonder if somehow she really DOESN'T know where she is...

I know there is the whole personality disorder question, but in my experience with knowing someone well with Borderline PD and that "recreating the past" is one sign of it, and they really do believe their version of past, the person I know still will get very defensive and downright abusive if you question her stories...

But Casey just sits there with her uh-huhs etc.

Your scenario makes sense.

The thing that has most intrigued me about this case of course is Cindy. The way she has tried to explain things away . . . you can see where Casey gets it from.

She just says a statement . . . just like Casey does -- and expects you to believe it. Like the Pizza comment. Eyewitness News said.. Ok... Repeated their experiment TWICE -- and both times rebuked her ridiculous comment.

I almost wonder if Casey is the one who should have been put up for adoption 22 years ago... and not Caylee.

One of the things in the 400+ pg document in LE interview with Casey, was the one thing she seemed ADAMANT about and seemed to state more succintly than anything else was (this is not an exact quote, forgive me) "I do not know where she's at and that is the God's honest truth." Everything else seemed vague or open to interpretation. I thin this was because in her mind, knowing Caylee is dead, she rationalized that she really doesn't know where she is. Hope someone can follow me on this. LOL

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-casey-anthony-082808,0,306070.story

from the orlando news paper- BH discussing why he wants to revoke bond
Well, thanks for the link. It's about time they woke up and smelled the coffee. She sure is in danger being out on the streets. She is much safer in jail.

I would have never bailed her out in the first place, but they obviously haven't been around these boards (and others) until this case to understand the implications of their actions. Put her azz back in jail where she's safe.

JMO.

He's getting exposure, but frankly that's all he's getting, IMO. He's not doing a great job for his client, flails about, talks too much, makes his client look bad...I really don't think anyone is going to be beating down his door to hire him after this...IMO. IMO, he doesn't come across as professional at all.

ITA , but Baez seems to think he's hit the jackpot.

Last time I checked, criminals who require the services of such people don't always check their backgrounds. They usually aren't professionals and are not in the public eye like in this case. There is an old addage which still holds true: Any press is good press. Name recognition alone is worth what he is doing.

I think that Baez is actually doing his job even if we disagree on his effectiveness. So far, I haven't seen too many misteps in his plan and if you think about it...he has pulled off some incredible feats already. Casey is out of jail, not been charged yet with Murder One even after he forced LE's hand, and has tried to keep her head above water. She hasn't talked which I do credit more to Casey than to Baez, but he has insisted on this and drummed it into her head more.

Yes. Absolutely. Not a doubt in my mind.

Unfortunately, I picture a scenario where Casey's jealousy erupted into a violent rage and that is why Caylee is no longer with us.

It kind of reminds me of situations where an abusive husband doesn't want his wife, but won't let her leave either. Kills her just so no one else can have her. Control.

She didn't want her, but didn't want her mother to have her either. I don't know if this happened in a rage or what, but I think Casey thought a lot of what her life would be like without her daughter in the picture, and maybe went so far as to fantasize about it. JMO.

The thing that has most intrigued me about this case of course is Cindy. The way she has tried to explain things away . . . you can see where Casey gets it from.

She just says a statement . . . just like Casey does -- and expects you to believe it. Like the Pizza comment. Eyewitness News said.. Ok... Repeated their experiment TWICE -- and both times rebuked her ridiculous comment.

I almost wonder if Casey is the one who should have been put up for adoption 22 years ago... and not Caylee.
I'm sorry, but this is a very wrong way to interpret what has happened here. Cindy is fighting for both her daughter and her grand daughter. Unfortunately, it appears as though her grand daughter is dead at the hands of her daughter.

Cindy should be cut some slack IMO, and not be crucified for caring for both of those people. You don't just stop loving your daughter, ever.

But, she can go back and visit her in jail soon.

Casey may not try and blame her parents because she knows she'll need to use them in the future with appeals, visits in prison, and sending her jail money.

Don't be surprised if Cindy allows her to use her to raise resonable doubt. It would not mean that they would have to pursue Cindy. I saw a case go down like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc