Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #160

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CA, GA received notices to appear at a scheduled trial in November for the current charges for KC. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. (like ya'll wouldn't).
My question is.. Did JB request a speedy trial or do they just come up that fast in Florida?

For arresting the person who is responsible for the death of her granddaughter in a less than courteous manner?? IMOO

I agree......

LE owes no one an apology, of course Casey does (not holding my breath) and so does Cindy (again not holding my breath).

Quick observation.....why did LE decide to confirm this evidence with a news channel? I would think they they would of called a press conference:waitasec:

That article confused me a bit...what does Cindy think she deserves an apology for again?

I think that George needs to apologize to the family. For failing to clean up Casey's car trunk thoroughly enough.

Okay but lets say it was an accident. I have a question, since she is not medically qualified to pronounce Caylee dead, if she didn't call the police and/or seek medical attention...is that still manslauter?

There is no excuse for not reporting the death, or for not calling 911, which makes it look more like murder than an accident.

CA, GA received notices to appear at a scheduled trial in November for the current charges for KC. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. (like ya'll wouldn't).
My question is.. Did JB request a speedy trial or do they just come up that fast in Florida?

In Orange County we automatically set them within the speedy trial period to avoid an expiration of speedy trial. This gives the State some leeway in requesting a continuance.

Devorahhh

How is it exactly that they were breaking the law?

It's against the law in Orlando to protest, peacefully or otherwise in front of a private residence, the only exemption is if that residence is also used as a place of employement and its a labor strike.

IIRC she was at Tony's BF the last 2 weeks of June per Tony's room mate

Thanks for the replies...IIRC, when she shows up at Tony's, Caylee is reported to be "with the nanny"--and I guess this is Casey's euphemism for deseased.:furious:

I am guessing that LE or someone also had to "break the news" to Casey? IMOO

It's against the law in Orlando to protest, peacefully or otherwise in front of a private residence, the only exemption is if that residence is also used as a place of employement and its a labor strike.

City Ordinance? County Ordinance?

As this sad story continues, it is hard to think of how anything good can come from it. Let's hope (and pray if so inclined, as am I) this will help to enlighten more people to the plight of exploited, missing, and abused children in our world. The best tribute to Caylee will be an increased awareness on the part of more people. If there are laws that need to be enacted or changed, or other actions that can be taken to better protect society's most vulnerable members, let this be a call to action on behalf of Caylee and the many, many other less publicized cases that happen everyday.

The Amber Alert system and Megan's Law are but two examples of positive action that originated from tragedy. I am not one to get on a soapbox, and even if I were, would be preaching to the choir for most of the good folks here at WS, but this has been weighing heavily on me for several days. Thank you for the forum to express this opinion!

City Ordinance? County Ordinance?
Sorry would have linked before but I was having trouble re-finding it.
Sec. 43.42. Picketing; Definitions; Where Prohibited; Exceptions.
(1) For the purposes of this section, the following definitions shall apply:
(a) Picket: The word "picket" shall mean to position oneself, or to assemble or gather, as a means of protest, or as a means of presenting or advocating a cause or grievance.
(b) Peaceful Picketing: The term "peaceful picketing" shall mean any tranquil and peaceful means of presenting a cause to the public which is devoid of noise or tumult or quarrelsome demeanor, and which does not violate or disturb the public peace or private property rights.
(c) Residential or Dwelling Unit: The term "residential or dwelling unit" shall mean any single or multifamily residence, to include units within an apartment or condominium complex. The term shall not include those establishments serving or catering to the transient public such as motels, hotels, or motor hotels.
(2) It shall be unlawful for any person or persons to picket before or about any residential or dwelling unit of any person.
(3) This section shall not apply to a person peacefully picketing upon property which he owns or of which he is lessee, nor does it prohibit the peaceful picketing of a place of employment involved in a labor dispute, including a residential or dwelling unit used as a place of business, or peaceful picketing within a place commonly used for public assembly.
http://www.municode.com/resources/gateway.asp?pid=13349&sid=9

As this sad story continues, it is hard to think of how anything good can come from it. Let's hope (and pray if so inclined, as am I) this will help to enlighten more people to the plight of exploited, missing, and abused children in our world. The best tribute to Caylee will be an increased awareness on the part of more people. If there are laws that need to be enacted or changed, or other actions that can be taken to better protect society's most vulnerable members, let this be a call to action on behalf of Caylee and the many, many other less publicized cases that happen everyday.

The Amber Alert system and Megan's Law are but two examples of positive action that originated from tragedy. I am not one to get on a soapbox, and even if I were, would be preaching to the choir for most of the good folks here at WS, but this has been weighing heavily on me for several days. Thank you for the forum to express this opinion!

I agree that there are so many missing children out there that deserve recognition and attention and don't receive ample air time and publicity.

What makes this truly more tragic is that (if appearances are true) it was never really a kidnapping/missing child case at all. That little girl was with the one person with whom she should have had guaranteed protection, love, respect, and safety.

And she was failed miserably.

Did anyone ever find out why Friday night's charges are no longer showing up on the current inmate database? Sorry if this has been addressed, I had to leave for a bit....

Great post! I agree, children are the most vulnerable victims. I think maybe now young people will maybe pay attention when they encounter the Caseys of the world & maybe find the courage to intervene for the sake of a child.

I agree that there are so many missing children out there that deserve recognition and attention and don't receive ample air time and publicity.

What makes this truly more tragic is that (if appearances are true) it was never really a kidnapping/missing child case at all. That little girl was with the one person with whom she should have had guaranteed protection, love, respect, and safety.

And she was failed miserably.
I agree 100%. I was really saddened by the official announcement even tho we all knew...

I think someday (not in my lifetime), they will have some sort of GPS or other instrument that can be inserted in the body at time of birth. That would really make it easy to find missing people. Maybe just a dream!

Will she really only get 17yrs for this or is that number before Murder Charges are even brought into this?

17yrs is not long enough. I am so mad about all of this. :furious: I have a 5yr old daughter named Kayleigh Marie and she asks if the "other Caylee" has been found yet. :( I held out hope that she was with someone else, but I don't have that hope anymore and haven't since Thurs. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member