Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #89

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
See this link, too, to consider when deciding if it's new info or not:

http://www.wesh.com/news/17177112/detail.html

No. There is nothing new here. Someone in the Sherrif's office says that they are working on the POSSIBILITY that she MAY be dead. Which means they are also working on the possibility that she is alive. We can all guess which theory is in their collective gut. There is a quote from a Julie Herring. in this arteicle. Do you know who that is? She's not identified so I'm guessing it's just some jane shmo. The rest of the stuff is re-hashed Padilla stuff from days ago in which he actually says they have no evidence that she is not alive. So if you think that it is new that someone in the Sherrif's office says that police kind of think that she may be dead -- it's new. Otherwise it is not.

I hope they have the names of the "investigators" to watch what they are doing - in a live crime its a very thin line between "private investigating" and obstruction of justice, tampering with evidence, concealing a crime, even leading to accessory after the fact (if you're "cleaning up")

Not sure what the FL law is, but NY & fed have very loose accessory after the fact laws. All of these people should watch out - I wonder if that would get casey to talk, arresting good ole dad

Doubt it... she is WAY too in to herself... it's unfortunate but if all she cares about on day one is the BF's phone #, doubtful she gives a crap if dad gets arrested

Sure wish I could find good ol' George's birthdate!

Any sleuthers in the Youngstown-Warren Ohio area who could do some researching to see if they can find one for me?

Also would like Lee's, and I think that would be easiest to find up there too.

There could be a signifigant amount of blame to go to the Baez team for the Anthony's denial.

Baez had visited Casey 14 out of the 28 days she has been jail, sometimes multiple times a day. Whatever she has spun to him, he has people investigating and now is feeding gpa and gma.

Isn't this blatantly against what LE just asked for them not to do publicly?

I know these people are suffering, but can't they just be stopped from spouting nonsense legally?

One would think so, but Cindy claims to not to know what was said in the press release. They obviously weren't in on the roundtable. This makes me wonder how strongly Cindy really believes the kidnapper theory. George is out there thumpin' the stump about this, dragging the billboard behind him.
Meanwhile we have Cindy meeting with LE this morning for a relationship building session. If they wanted George to stop, do you think it came up in their conversations this morning? If it did, don't you think Cindy would have called George right away and passed it on. George did give the impression he was being defiant.

I need a break from this for a minute my head is starting to pound.

OME

I think Cindy can't bring herself to think the only other alternative...
If it was me, I wouldnt sit down until the proof was put in front of me. Hey, Im not her and I still am hanging on to the hope that Caylee is out there alive so I can see where Cindy is coming from as a grandmother who has been with the baby since birth.

Personally, I think releasing the psych report and George and Caseys visit tape would clear up things.

OME

The tape from George and Casey's visit is not confidential or privileged and could be released. The psych report is confidential and privileged and can only be released via Casey's consent alone or court order. Court will not rule to release psych report if Casey's attorney objects because it is confidential and privileged -- not subject to public records disclosure or even discovery in a civil case. State's Attorney must protect the privilege.

Is there any way the sheriff could get Tony to work with them to try and get Casey talking? I'm thinking he might be the only one. I don't believe he's been in contact with her at all since her arrest and I can understand why he would want to have distance between them, but if there's any chance in he[[ it could get her to open up some imo it would be worth a try.

I'm also predicting that before this is all over and done and Casey is on trial, either with a body found or not, she is going to try and drag anybody she can into this, she will say her mother did it, her father did it or her boyfriend did it, anybody but the one who actually did!

VB

Just a quick thought -
With GP being former LE isn't it odd he'd choose to work with investigators that are private? Odd that Casey doesn't 'trust' LE? I mean, her father and Jesse were both involved in LE, right? It almost makes me think GP is racing against LE to find the "facts" for damage control.
Just thinking out loud. ;)

Baez creeps me out and gives me a really bad feeling. I am all for justice and am usually much more supportive of defense lawyers than the average person, but there is a difference between representing your clients legal rights and telling her not to talk to anyone than running around spreading lies.

He should have told her on day one, "Listen - the apartment was empty, none of these people exist, and LE is proving this as we speak. You do not have to incriminate yourself, and if you did something illegal you do not have to tell me - but you cannot tell lies, impede an investigation, and perjure yourself so plead the 5th and do not talk to anyone anymore."

If she just shut up from day one she probably wouldn't even be in jail. Not that that's a good thing, of course, but this manipulation on the part of Baez & Casey really gives defense lawyers the reputation they have

The tape from George and Casey's visit is not confidential or privileged and could be released. The psych report is confidential and privileged and can only be released via Casey's consent alone or court order. Court will not rule to release psych report if Casey's attorney objects because it is confidential and privileged -- not subject to public records disclosure or even discovery in a civil case. State's Attorney must protect the privilege.

I'm pretty sure in a federal civil case you can order a defendant to undergo a psych eval. People can be ordered produced for a physical evaluation as well. I'm going to double check, but from the CivPro days I thought only attorney workproduct was absolutely privileged. I could be way off though

Just a quick thought -
With GP being former LE isn't it odd he'd choose to work with investigators that are private? Odd that Casey doesn't 'trust' LE? I mean, her father and Jesse were both involved in LE, right? It almost makes me think GP is racing against LE to find the "facts" for damage control.

Melinda Duckett didn't trust local law enforcement either!! Hmmmmm ... Theme: Guilty mom's don't trust LE ... perhaps?

They must feel like they are fighting against the entire world, and not only do they not know the wherabouts of their grandaughter - or even whether or not she is alive - they are very likely losing their daughter as well...I pray for them every day when I pray for Caylee to be found...
The reason they are being 'raked over the coals' is because they are L Y I N G.

The world would not be against them if they didn't spout so much nonsense every time they're in front of a camera and contradict themselves at every turn.

I said it yesterday, and I'll say it again - we have hit the point of compassion fatigue for the Anthony family.

The reason that people are obsessing about this situation is because someone has to speak up for little Caylee. It sure as hell isn't her mother, and the grandparents are too busy defending their daughter to face reality.

regarding:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelmaClue View Post
I will respectfully disagree that they just want freebies. Their grandchild is missing and George is unemployed. I beg y'all to cut them some slack. You're not walking in their shoes and neither am I and I thank GOD I am not.
That comment was made in jest, I'm sure.

-------
and I totally agree with you Selma...it hurts my heart the way the grandparents are being raked over the coals. Although I don't agree with the way they are handling their grief (I think they should have a PR person speaking for them), far be it for me to judge the way they handle their grief. Their hearts are breaking, and every day they hear more and more people tell them there is no hope left for Caylee to be alive...I can't begin to imagine how awful it is. They must feel like they are fighting against the entire world, and not only do they not know the wherabouts of their grandaughter - or even whether or not she is alive - they are very likely losing their daughter as well...I pray for them every day when I pray for Caylee to be found...

It's so nice to hear some compassion toward the grandparents; I keep thinking how sad it would make Caylee to hear such callous things about the grandma and grandpa she loved so much. Bless their hearts-their lives will never be the same.

Just a quick thought -
I think Casey doesn't 'trust' LE because she's afraid of them, and rightly so. It's LE that has the power to put her in jail and throw away the key, and they may be able to do it without her ever opening her mouth.

If Caylee was 13 and not 3 and reading here and kidnapped, she would not understand the actions and words of her gpa's or her mother.

Melinda Duckett didn't trust local law enforcement either!! Hmmmmm ... Theme: Guilty mom's don't trust LE ... perhaps?

Interesting the parallels there. I suppose it would be rather difficult to talk to LE if you know you are involved in something sinister. :furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214