Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #89

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure wish I could find good ol' George's birthdate!

Any sleuthers in the Youngstown-Warren Ohio area who could do some researching to see if they can find one for me?

Also would like Lee's, and I think that would be easiest to find up there too.

I think Georges birthdate was listed on the police report they had made out when he reported the Gsa Cans stolen...

I just can't find where it is...

I'm pretty sure in a federal civil case you can order a defendant to undergo a psych eval. People can be ordered produced for a physical evaluation as well. I'm going to double check, but from the CivPro days I thought only attorney workproduct was absolutely privileged. I could be way off though
This psych eval, ordered by the state court to determine competency to stand trial - of sufficient mental capacity to basically understand the proceedings and assist her defense counsel, is releasable to the court. What you are talking about -- in a federal civil trial to compel someone to undergo a psych eval when they have put their mental status in issue is an entirely different animal. A court-ordered psych eval in a state criminal case would not be released to be used in a federal civil case.

I look at it this way. The Anthonys, who initially wanted their daughter arrested for grand theft, opened up a can of worms they weren't prepared to address. They didn't think it thru and are now stuck with the consequences of their actions. LE is in control of the investigation, as it should have been from the start. Cindy tried to call Caseys bluff and it backfired. Now, George is following in Cindy's footsteps and is trying to call
LE's bluff. How is this helping? Cindy building a relationship with LE and George is saying things that go completely against what LE is saying? Something is definately wrong with this picture.

OME

Fox Reports: Cindy Anthony was very emotional today. Cindy is still claimimg to believe in Casey. They are planning on visiting Casey tomorrow in jail.

Cindy said she wants to talk to casey privately.
Can she do that? Is there going to be some kind of special treatment happening?:waitasec:

I'm pretty sure in a federal civil case you can order a defendant to undergo a psych eval. People can be ordered produced for a physical evaluation as well. I'm going to double check, but from the CivPro days I thought only attorney workproduct was absolutely privileged. I could be way off though

If I remember correctly from CrimPro ... I think that if the PE was allowed into evidence at the 2nd Bond appeal (5th District CoA)... it would have been subject to public information requests ... however, Baez submitted a sealed motion for the re-hearing, therefore, if the PE was part of what he presented ... (which I bet it was) it would remain sealed after the hearing whether the motion was granted or denied.

Some posters have theorized that the decomposing smell identified at the Anthony's backyard and in the trunk could have been from another body. Please explain why Casey would bring another body to her parents home and why she would try to hide the death of anyone else?

Just a quick thought -
With GP being former LE isn't it odd he'd choose to work with investigators that are private? Odd that Casey doesn't 'trust' LE? I mean, her father and Jesse were both involved in LE, right? It almost makes me think GP is racing against LE to find the "facts" for damage control.
Just thinking out loud. ;)

I certainly agree with what I bolded. I posted somewhere this morning a snippet where it was stated because George is ex-LE, he is tapping into those resources. I don't remember the exact words.

If I remember correctly from CrimPro ... I think that if the PE was allowed into evidence at the 2nd Bond appeal (5th District CoA)... it would have been subject to public information requests ... however, Baez submitted a sealed motion for the re-hearing, therefore, if the PE was part of what he presented ... (which I bet it was) it would remain sealed after the hearing whether the motion was granted or denied.

Correct. Confidential and privileged information submitted directly to a court may be used in an appellate court via use of the sealed evidence process. It remains sealed from public view before, during and after the appeal process.

Some posters have theorized that the decomposing smell identified at the Anthony's backyard and in the trunk could have been from another body. Please explain why Casey would bring another body to her parents home and why she would try to hide the death of anyone else?

Add to this noone else associated with Casey has been reported missing.

I think some want to find any reason they can conjure up that gives them hope Caylee is alive. No matter how outrageous and unlikely their theory is. At the end of some of these posts they stated how outrageous and unlikely their theory is. But they still post them.

NEW THEORY
There have been many theories about how Caylee may have met her demise at the hands of Casey. Unfortunately, I am in that camp. I know exactly how I would prosecute the case simply with the information we already know. I'm going to argue the case that Caylee is alive -- using only the information we currently have.

In order to go with this theory you must throw out once piece of evidence -- the cadaver dogs. If you cannot do that, do not read on. While it is unlikely to be suppressed or succesfully argued against, there have been stranger turns of events in courtrooms. An expert could testify and bring some doubt. An attempt will be made to debunk or at least, in some dramatic way, mitigate or reduce the effect of the dogs.

There is no body.

Testimony will reveal that Casey had a fight with her family on Father's Day. Casey decided to move out with Caylee -- in part for spite. On June 16 Casey made numerous calls to her parents to inform them that she was moving away with her daughter. Her parents refused to answer her phone calls as they had already informed Casey that they had had it with her antics. Casey fabricated many stories because she did not want her parents to take her daughter from her as they had threatened many times before. The parents are very controlling and Casey could not handle it any longer. Casey admits that she lied to authorities in fear of having her parents get some sort of custody of Caylee. Casey regrets that mistake. Casey placed her daughter with someone she trusted and who is currently caring for Caylee. While Caylee was with this "trusted person", beginning on June 16, Casey was living with her boyfriend Tony. Casey knew her daughter was in good hands and she was so comfortable that she was able to spend some much-needed time away from the rigors of motherhood. Casey did what she enjoys doing, as any 22 year may enjoy, going to clubs. You can see she has not a care in the world. That's because she knows her child is alright. Casey continued to live away from her parents' home in June and July while her mother constantly tried to contact her. Finally, Casey surfaces and what does her own mother do? Turn her own daughter into police. In all this, Casey continues to shield her child from her mentally ill, controlling parents by refusing to tell the truth. She lied to police in a desperate attempt to keep her daughter safe in the only way she knew how. And when the focus of possible murder against this mother became evident, she merely invoked her constitutional right to remain silent. Caylee is alive and well. There is no evidence that a murder has occurred. Caylee is safe. Her mother knows where she is but can not divulge it do to the fear from the years of abusive behavior by these parents. Reasonable doubt that Casey killed Caylee

I agree the grps are saying what they are saying to help with Casey's defense. But I think George has had a break with reality. Maybe the only way he can get up in the morning is believing what he is saying. Driving around with the billboard he feels useful and maybe does think he is helping get his grandchild back. I had a horrible time when my mother died, took several doctors and finding the right meds, but if that is what is happening with George, I don't wish that on anyone.

Cindy said she wants to talk to casey privately.
Can she do that? Is there going to be some kind of special treatment happening?:waitasec:

There is no privacy in jail.

They did say last nite they were trying to get a private meeting together, but no luck so far.

Agreed, I think even if it wasn't sealed the psych eval is protected by doctor/patient privilege so it wouldn't be public record anyway. I was wondering more along the lines if you could compell a PE in a civil suit, but I think the poster above is right that you can during discovery if mental state is an issue

Add to this noone else associated with Casey has been reported missing.

zanny the nanny is missing isn't she? maybe the other more evil kidnapper killed her when she was trying to return Caylee there at the home to frame Casey!

please don't slap me... I know this is a crock of ______ just throwing it out there.

VB

NEW THEORY
snip
There is no body.

Testimony will reveal that Casey had a fight with her family on Father's Day. Casey decided to move out with Caylee -- in part for spite. On June 16 Casey made numerous calls to her parents to inform them that she was moving away with her daughter. Her parents refused to answer her phone calls as they had already informed Casey that they had had it with her antics. Casey fabricated many stories because she did not want her parents to take her daughter from her as they had threatened many times before. The parents are very controlling and Casey could not handle it any longer. Casey admits that she lied to authorities in fear of having her parents get some sort of custody of Caylee. Casey regrets that mistake. Casey placed her daughter with someone she trusted and who is currently caring for Caylee. While Caylee was with this "trusted person", beginning on June 16, Casey was living with her boyfriend Tony. Casey knew her daughter was in good hands and she was so comfortable that she was able to spend some much-needed time away from the rigors of motherhood. Casey did what she enjoys doing, as any 22 year may enjoy, going to clubs. You can see she has not a care in the world. That's because she knows her child is alright. Casey continued to live away from her parents' home in June and July while her mother constantly tried to contact her. Finally, Casey surfaces and what does her own mother do? Turn her own daughter into police. In all this, Casey continues to shield her child from her mentally ill, controlling parents by refusing to tell the truth. She lied to police in a desperate attempt to keep her daughter safe in the only way she knew how. And when the focus of possible murder against this mother became evident, she merely invoked her constitutional right to remain silent. Caylee is alive and well. There is no evidence that a murder has occurred. Caylee is safe. Her mother knows where she is but can not divulge it do to the fear from the years of abusive behavior by these parents. Reasonable doubt that Casey killed Caylee

Why did she dump the car?
Why did she borrow a shovel?
In her own defense where is Caylee?
If Caylee is safe why no calls to Caylee to talk to her in 31 days?

But who is this person? And if this is the truth, will Orange County ask for $$$ to compensate for the time & resources since 15 Jul (as in the runaway bride case)?

There is no privacy in jail.

They did say last nite they were trying to get a private meeting together, but no luck so far.

They have the same rights as every other family in america, they can bail her out. If circumstance, finances prohibit that, then they need to find an alternative bond solution.

NEW THEORY
There have been many theories about how Caylee may have met her demise at the hands of Casey. Unfortunately, I am in that camp. I know exactly how I would prosecute the case simply with the information we already know. I'm going to argue the case that Caylee is alive -- using only the information we currently have.

Using this defense, you would have to reveal where the child is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214