Caylee Anthony General Discussion Thread #89

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am the happy owner of two beautiful Belgian Malinois, a breed known for perseverance and talent in this kind of police work.

That said, any dog trained in cadaver work is only as good as his trainer, and the kind of training the dog has received.

Without information on the dogs' success rate in trials and past cases, we can reasonably be on the fence. But, it is interesting that Orlando LE did call in different dogs and different handlers. If true that both dogs hit on the same spots, it is suggestive of success.

Perhaps this is why LE is trying to use the Body Farm, to add additional information to buttress the cadaver dogs "evidence"?

Also, I am not sure, but think the ambient temperature might have some relevance in the effectiveness of cadaver dogs, with warmer temperatures being more difficult than cooler temps. But, I could be wrong on that, for I am no expert.

But, if either of those dogs happened to be a Belgian Malinois, I would be very convinced of the reliability of the scenting. These dogs are the smartest ever!

Some people, not here, can't get past the fact that the cadaver dogs (2 of them that hit in different places, I think) think it's the be all and tell all to this case.

And it isn't. We have no forensics back from LE that there actually is decomp in the trunk. It should not be taking this long.

And my hat goes off to all of you. It's a respectable profession and I applaud each and everyone of you. Many corpses have been found based on the dogs abilities, and their handlers.

But, in a court of law, it's hit and miss.

That true with alot of different kind of evidence. Cadaver dogs are just tools in helping find the evidence they arent evidence in themselves. I been working with these dogs for 20 years and I have yet personally ever had one of my dog been wrong. Im not saying it isnt possible for them to be wrong Im just going off of my experience and my dogs. I cant comment on any others:)

Well, I admit to being one of those people. The cadaver dogs to me are one huge fact in this case that pretty much convinces me that the child is dead.

Place that in the context of everything else we know, and I think it's something that is hard to get past.
Thank you for that very respectful post. But, then why hasn't LE given us the forensics yet? What are they waiting for? I thought they would have upped the charges a long time ago, and since they haven't, I have to question what they know, or don't know.

I think the parents are out spouting the kidnapping theory around and that they are watching the people a ploy for a future trial to cast 'reasonable' doubt should the case go to trial. No grandparents with half a brain would be doing this and keeping it from LE. Cindy invented this 'theory' in her head and talked the rest of the family into it and perhaps they have enlisted friends or someone to watch these so called people. The whole thing is a sham to cast reasonable doubt on the case. The Anthony's are intelligent people. They can't possibly believe the yarn they are spinning. I do think they are in denial but they are also doing this on person. I still believe they are victims too but they are also protecting their daughter and they can't bare to see her go on trial for murder. They will make up any flim flam in order to save her. If they really knew anything about a kidnapping they would have told LE. You can tell LE is humoring them right now.

They say every lie has a nugget of truth and Casey has mentioned Jay Blanchard Park. That park is 84 acres! I am going to say something that may sound looney but it is true. My mother works for ATT Wireless which is on the East Side of town. She works from 5:30am to 2:30pm. She lives in South Orlando. She claims one day on the way home from work (and she swears it was in June) she saw helicopters flying over Jay Blanchard Park and she thought it was the police looking for something that had to do with the Nicole Ganguza murder. When she went into work the next day her co-worker told her the helicopter was out because there was a fire in Jay Blanchard Park. Now, I would assume that if that fire was related to Casey the fire fighters would have noticed the body then again maybe not. I told her to call crime line, but I am sure the authorities have a record of the fire. Again, my mom is not sure of the exact date but she swears it was sometime in June.

Are you Dr. Kobalinski? He also said that it doesn't take long for the gases to be eliminated. Meaning they are no more. I would like to hear more from him. He's a pretty smart dude, but said, after a while, the gases won't be detectable anymore.

JMO.
IIRC, these "sniffing" devices were used to find additional bodies that may have been killed and buried by Charles Manson. Don't recall what was found. I will go and check on this for a link. If so, I would think there are sufficient gases left in that car to produce a positive result.

Which is why it won't hold up in court. There are too many cases where cadaver dogs have proven to be not correct.

What's with the woman, a psychic, who is using a cadaver dog? I can't remember her name at the moment? If she is psychic, why does she use cadaver dogs?
I don't know anything about this woman she could be fake or real for all i know .however i do know people that have this gift. sometimes visions can be a little vague. she may be able to get within a 1/2 mile or so of the body going on vision alone but thats still a lot of ground to dig. so a dog taken to the vicinity may be able to pinpoint from there
jsut a suggestion of why a dog could be needed by a true psychic.
terri

I assume because she uses a cadaver dog in her "searches" that she presumes to be looking for a body, not a live victim.
Why do I keep hoping this child is alive?

You guys are wonderful at explaining stuff without attacking me. Thanks so much, to all of you.

That true with alot of different kind of evidence. Cadaver dogs are just tools in helping find the evidence they arent evidence in themselves. I been working with these dogs for 20 years and I have yet personally ever had one of my dog been wrong. Im not saying it isnt possible for them to be wrong Im just going off of my experience and my dogs. I cant comment on any others:)

There are cases where the dogs have been successfully used as the only proof that there was a body present at a scene at one time. Obviously in cases where there was no body. It can hold up, but no prosecuter wants to go in with that being their primary arguement as it has been successfully used as the reason to overturn a decision.

Thank you for that very respectful post. But, then why hasn't LE given us the forensics yet? What are they waiting for? I thought they would have upped the charges a long time ago, and since they haven't, I have to question what they know, or don't know.

I'm sorry but LE isn't obligated to "give us" anything ... we all want to know what is going on in the case ... but they are going to do whatever they need to in order to protect the integrity of this case to better insure a successful prosecution. Until then, you and I and all of us are left only to hypothesize!

They say every lie has a nugget of truth and Casey has mentioned Jay Blanchard Park. That park is 84 acres! I am going to say something that may sound looney but it is true. My mother works for ATT Wireless which is on the East Side of town. She works from 5:30am to 2:30pm. She lives in South Orlando. She claims one day on the way home from work (and she swears it was in June) she saw helicopters flying over Jay Blanchard Park and she thought it was the police looking for something that had to do with the Nicole Ganguza murder. When she went into work the next day her co-worker told her the helicopter was out because there was a fire in Jay Blanchard Park. Now, I would assume that if that fire was related to Casey the fire fighters would have noticed the body then again maybe not. I told her to call crime line, but I am sure the authorities have a record of the fire. Again, my mom is not sure of the exact date but she swears it was sometime in June.

Any way to find out the specific location of the fire? Maybe someone could go take a look! Thank you for sharing - and I would encourage that information be shared with LE- every little piece helps to complete the puzzle. :) (Hmmmm wonder if the fire was started with an accell:waitasec:erant - - -like GASOLINE!)

I'm sorry but LE isn't obligated to "give us" anything ... we all want to know what is going on in the case ... but they are going to do whatever they need to in order to protect the integrity of this case to better insure a successful prosecution. Until then, you and I and all of us are left only to hypothesize!

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

I agree that every lie has a nugget of truth! In my opinion, it wouldn't hurt to send that info into the tip line. Maybe a body wasn't found in the remnants of the fire, but possible evidence could have been there.

IIRC, these "sniffing" devices were used to find additional bodies that may have been killed and buried by Charles Manson. Don't recall what was found. I will go and check on this for a link. If so, I would think there are sufficient gases left in that car to produce a positive result.
I remember the recent Manson searches out at his "farm". The dogs didn't hit on anything human. A link would be helpful though.

I agree that every lie has a nugget of truth! In my opinion, it wouldn't hurt to send that info into the tip line. Maybe a body wasn't found in the remnants of the fire, but possible evidence could have been there.

Exactly. I wouldn't call the Anthony tip line however. :furious:

Baez creeps me out and gives me a really bad feeling. I am all for justice and am usually much more supportive of defense lawyers than the average person, but there is a difference between representing your clients legal rights and telling her not to talk to anyone....

I disagree, and while I think that Caylee is entirely responsible for the disappearance and probable death of her child, I have nothing against lawyer Baez. He's doing his job and you should be thankful that we live in a society that obligates the government to prove every aspect of their criminal case.

Do you realize that if Casey chose to remain silent from the very beginning, the State's circumstantial case would be weaker than it is without any of these bizarre lies that Casey spun to LE just prior to her arrest?

I keep wondering about the $500,000 bail. There must be something to that. You don't hold someone on that for child neglect.

I think the parents are out spouting the kidnapping theory around and that they are watching the people a ploy for a future trial to cast 'reasonable' doubt should the case go to trial. No grandparents with half a brain would be doing this and keeping it from LE. Cindy invented this 'theory' in her head and talked the rest of the family into it and perhaps they have enlisted friends or someone to watch these so called people. The whole thing is a sham to cast reasonable doubt on the case. The Anthony's are intelligent people. They can't possibly believe the yarn they are spinning. I do think they are in denial but they are also doing this on person. I still believe they are victims too but they are also protecting their daughter and they can't bare to see her go on trial for murder. They will make up any flim flam in order to save her. If they really knew anything about a kidnapping they would have told LE. You can tell LE is humoring them right now.

There are people on this board that have tons of questions, and many that think Caylee is alive. These are her grandparents! They have had the same time to process this as everyone reading this board. They have to be getting this "positive info" either from Casey via the attorney or through whomever is investigating for them. I don't think them being in denial at this point is odd. There are people who have buried their kids and are still in denial way past this timeline. I can't imagine the nightmare their life has become. Not saying anyone should like them or believe them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member