Caylee Anthony Missing 2 Year Old- General Discussion #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to change gears here, but .. I'm just sayin...

Here is an article I found and it proves to be quite useful. The correct time frame may only come from the trainers of the particular dogs that were used at the Anthony home and car. I'm seeing that it depends on how they were trained, and in what time frame. Interesting though.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...uth-behind-the-crimescene-canines-835047.html

One of the questions surrounding human cadaver dogs is how soon after death they can recognise a corpse, and how long a "fresh" corpse must remain in one place for a dog to detect that it has been there. In a study published last year, the forensic pathologist Lars Oesterhelweg, then at the University of Bern in Switzerland, and colleagues tested the ability of three Hamburg State Police cadaver dogs to pick out – of a line-up of six new carpet squares – the one that had been exposed for no more than 10 minutes to a recently deceased person.

Several squares had been placed beneath a clothed corpse within three hours of death, when some organs and many cells of the human body are still functioning. Over the next month, the dogs did hundreds of trials in which they signalled the contaminated square with 98 per cent accuracy, falling to 94 per cent when the square had been in contact with the corpse for only two minutes. The research concluded that cadaver dogs were an "outstanding tool" for crime-scene investigation.

Not sure what that means, but the link to the original post is included...

so she never graduated high school, maybe that's why she can't find a job? for half a credit, she didn't go back?

Anyway, there have been plenty (too many) mothers and grandmothers (for example Laci's Peterson's mom) in the same situation that didn't act this way at all. Most of them act with complete dignity even though their lives have been completely ripped apart.

so she never graduated high school, maybe that's why she can't find a job? for half a credit, she didn't go back? Course she probably tells employers she graduated from Harvard.

Anyway, there have been plenty (too many) mothers and grandmothers (for example Laci's Peterson's mom) in the same situation that didn't act this way at all. Most of them act with complete dignity even though their lives have been completely ripped apart.

Once Casey realizes she is not going to get out of jail and may face the death penalty, I think she will cave. She has wiggled her way out of everything before, in her life ,with everyone and has suffered few consequences. I honestly believe that she never thought she'd be in jail this long. I suspect some of the evidence is back and LE knows that beautiful Caylee is no longer alive but they want to try to locate her body. Casey never thought she'd be in jail at all. She thought she would be able to make things go her way no matter what. Her being in jail is the first reality check, the longer she stays and cannot manipulate her release the more reality will set in. I wish they would ignore her and no one question her for a day or two. That would really bother her. She wants the LE talking to her. It would blow her mind if they left her alone and did not talk to she or her mother for a while. Surely the psychiatrist has informed of that or a profiler???

Haven't seen this friend's post, so thought I'd share it...

Jul 27, 2008 at 1:25 pm -
I grew up with Casey. I’m not here to defend her, but just to answer some questions.

<snip>

A composite sketch has been made of the woman seen travelling with Caylee in the airport. It just hasn’t been released yet. Three people saw Caylee with this woman, and they weren’t stopped because Casey hadn’t reported Caylee missing yet. When the travelers asked Caylee her name, she said “Caylee Marie Ant-ney,” which is why everyone’s sure it’s actually Caylee.

Source: http://www.dreamindemon.com/2008/07/16/where-is-caylee-marie-anthony/comment-page-26/
It probably won't be released, since LE has ruled this out as a Caylee sighting because that child's age was different.

I think this qote was a little much! I agree Cindy says things off the rocker... but these last two pages have been straight attacking, and thats not sleuthing or getting anything accomplished if you ask me... and if you don't i am telling anyway.
:confused: We are allowed to point out her discrepancies in statements and form our own opinions of what she is saying. Cindy is putting herself in that position on the national television. We can react to what she is doing and saying publically! She has said and done PLENTY plus she continues to do so! Everything is questionable that has come directly from Cindy, in my opinion.

What I disagree with is Cindy going on television time after time with the bucket full of holes she is trying to sell everyone and for her to expect the world not to react to it. (Her statements, like her daughter's, do not hold water!) We have a missing child here!! Cindy has turned it into the "Cindy And Casey Show" and not from what the media has portrayed of her, but what she herself has done to create the situation. :bang:

What is needed here with the miles based on $40.00 is how much a gallon of gas is when they did this list. $40.00 of gas is roughly 10 gallons here in Florida.

The list was done in the past month, when gas prices were the highest - around the 4th of July. At that time, our gas prices were about $4.65.

What was the average price of gas in Florida around the 4th of July?

Not sure what that means, but the link to the original post is included...
If this and other reports about Casey being an honor student and a cheer leader in HS are true THEN a person would have to wonder WHAT happened that was so earth-shattering that it changed her so radically??? What happened around the time that her father first filled for the divorce that was later dropped AND the time she became pregnant with Caylee. In my experience when people started acting totally different then the norm there was always an event that was so traumatic it changed there whole view on life.

It just dawned on me that some of you think I actually know Casey...wow. I'm just a regular mother and full-time college student sitting in my home following a case about a beautiful little girl who is missing. And I have to imagine that anyone who does know Casey isn't exactly shouting it from the roofs right now...

It just dawned on me that some of you think I actually know Casey...wow. I'm just a regular mother and full-time college student sitting in my home following a case about a beautiful little girl who is missing. And I have to imagine that anyone who does know Casey isn't exactly shouting it from the roofs right now...
I can't speak for anyone else, but let me assure you that NEVER entered my mind at all!!!
I was referring to the person whom you quoted from Demondreams or whatever. I don't even know about that person.

so she never graduated high school, maybe that's why she can't find a job? for half a credit, she didn't go back?

My sister was one phys ed credit short of graduating, because the state said (I think retrospectively) that cheerleading could not longer count as a phys ed credit. The private school we went to wanted full tuition for that one credit, and we did NOT have money for that... She couldn't just enroll in public school for that one credit, so she just left, took her GED, and eventually went on to college for nursing. *shrug* In my opinion, the GED is just as good as a diploma. I graduated and went on to college, but know many people who just left and took the GED and still have good jobs...

I don't really see her dropping out over 1/2 credit as a big deal. If it was Phys ed or something, they probably didn't have it in summer school, and they probably wouldn't let her just take that one class for a half semester, or would they? I know they wouldn't for my little sister, but that was almost 10 years ago;)

So I'm not sure how that works...

Ok-now, lets see...hmmm...Casey has now lost her purse, her cell phone, her car, her Nanny Z and her kid. We need to start a new thread called -- "Things Casey has NOT lost".
First thing on the list---Hutzpah!

I believe in the last conversation that KC had with Lee Kc made a statement to the effect that "mom understands the mother-daughter bond". Does anyone else remember this statement and when it occured??

I just found that statement odd for some reason. Maybe based on the context it was stated? Anyway.....could this be a subliminal message to GMA??

I wonder if KC is protecting GMA and maybe the wrong POI is being held in jail.

As for searches for Caylee....I wonder if LE isn't initiating any searches because, typically, the missing person's family organizes the searches in collaboration with various organizations that specialize in missing people searches while LE investigate the case of the missing person report. Maybe that whole sentence doesn't make sense:waitasec:

Regardless of who "should" be organizing the search, LE and the Anthony's need to WORK TOGETHER to find Caylee regardless of if she is alive or deceased, JMHO

Sorry to change gears here, but .. I'm just sayin...

Here is an article I found and it proves to be quite useful. The correct time frame may only come from the trainers of the particular dogs that were used at the Anthony home and car. I'm seeing that it depends on how they were trained, and in what time frame. Interesting though.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...uth-behind-the-crimescene-canines-835047.html

One of the questions surrounding human cadaver dogs is how soon after death they can recognise a corpse, and how long a "fresh" corpse must remain in one place for a dog to detect that it has been there. In a study published last year, the forensic pathologist Lars Oesterhelweg, then at the University of Bern in Switzerland, and colleagues tested the ability of three Hamburg State Police cadaver dogs to pick out – of a line-up of six new carpet squares – the one that had been exposed for no more than 10 minutes to a recently deceased person.

Several squares had been placed beneath a clothed corpse within three hours of death, when some organs and many cells of the human body are still functioning. Over the next month, the dogs did hundreds of trials in which they signalled the contaminated square with 98 per cent accuracy, falling to 94 per cent when the square had been in contact with the corpse for only two minutes. The research concluded that cadaver dogs were an "outstanding tool" for crime-scene investigation.

Great article. Thanks for that contribution. I've been trying for days to research those very facts myself and wasn't coming up with anything.

I wander if she took the gas to fill somones car, not hers... maybe a person who was helping her get Caylee "away" and that person needed the gas?

Lets face it she didn't want to bond with Caylee, she wanted to be free of Cindy and Cindy's influence over Caylee. This was Cindy's first grandchild so she didn't have much experience in that area and she seems to have an ego that won't quit. As a grandparent, I know you often have to check your ego at the door. Its a balancing act :crazy: and if your not careful it can turn into a tug of war when it comes to grandchildren. Very different world we live in now.

Two woman living in the same house is very difficult. How in the heck did our ancestors do it?? Guess the daughters in 'old times' accepted the grandmother as the boss and accepted a lesser role in the household to keep peace.

With Cindy's statement earlier today saying she's not sure Casey was the last to drive that car, it sure sounds like Cindy is setting up things to blame someone else.
I agree with you and CC. Altho...I think it is Jose that is setting up things to blame someone else...not Cindy. As soon as those words came out of her mouth, I immediately thought of Jose's soon to be defense strategy. Stolen car, kidnapping by someone else, and then...if/when Caylee is found deceased...he has his bases covered. This has been his plan all along and now it seems that Cindy is trying to get on board with it...but not very effectively since her past words will come back to haunt this case repeatedly in court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean