Caylee has no representation :(

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt very seriously they would let me in the courtroom with that on because of jury influence, but I will think of something.

Hmmmmm.....WS t-shirt?

snipped for emphasis
(One quick question for you all though. Can you tell me, who can actually attend a trial there, how do they decide who gets in?)

and thanks for the thread, Songline
I think it depends on each courthouse. I went to the closing arguments for Samantha Runnion and they had a certain number of seats set aside for family, press and the public. I went with other WS members and we just were first in line and went right in. Sometimes they have lotteries and pick the public seats that way.

The state of Florida represents her. I'm confused too.

Edit: I was the victim of a violent crime about 10 years ago. I didn't get a lawyer. I relied on the prosecutor for the state that represented me in that case.

If you mean... "No one is concerned for justice for Caylee"... and only focused on getting KC off the hook... I think the whole world represents Caylee.

I understand the comment that little Caylee is not represented in this court room. I have asked the same question from the VERY beginning when this circus started. There is and was no one to make sure this angel had a proper dignified burial. There is no one to make sure she isnt exploited and her mother and family not crying for her and also making money off of her.
It is like every single right of Cayless was ripped from her.

I also wonder why more effort is not put into finding out who her real father is to make sure that maybe one person would be sitting on Caylees side of the courtroom?

Just an observation.....

I understand the comment that little Caylee is not represented in this court room. I have asked the same question from the VERY beginning when this circus started. There is and was no one to make sure this angel had a proper dignified burial. There is no one to make sure she isnt exploited and her mother and family not crying for her and also making money off of her.
It is like every single right of Cayless was ripped from her.

I also wonder why more effort is not put into finding out who her real father is to make sure that maybe one person would be sitting on Caylees side of the courtroom?

Just an observation.....
Just FYI, Songline changed her original post. She initially said:

songline said:
>>If I missed this please let me know, but was there an attorney appointed to represent CAYLEE in court, the murdered victim in this family - Caylee Anthony who was found stuffed inside a plastic<<

which is why some of us were confused and what we were responding too. She was asking about an attorney being appointed to represent Caylee. Just wanted to clear that up because the thread is a bit unclear now.

As an aside it is always important to note that you change the gist of a post after many people have responded to it. You can do so by noting it in the edit section which is available when you edit.

God willing and the creek don't rise............I plan to be there for Caylee.

Bless you, TURBO. If I lived in Florida, I'd be sitting right beside you. :blowkiss:

I don't think it matters so much who roots for Caylee in the court room, it is who roots for her in their own living room. The world knows 'we' are out here, 'we' are watching, 'we' want justice for Caylee.
Beyond that, perhaps some computer savvy person could set up one of those in memoriam sites where one lights candles in memory of a person.. perhaps it could be a site where one could light a candle for any missing or murdered child. Just a thought.

Caylee's representation in the courtroom is the State's Attorney's prosecutors, OCSO, ME's office, FBI and FDLE. Caylee's representation outside of the courtroom is all of us!

longtime lurker here following this case since day one, FIRST post for me, FINALLY!!! I completely agree with you on this point, she (Caylees' short time here, BLESS HER SOUL) has changed the way the public will view (the crimes against) innocent victims from here on out, SHE WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN!!! her VERY short life was a sacrifice from our LOVING GOD to teach us that all of our criminal deeds DO NOT go unnoticed (NOTHING) and will be exposed eventually whether it be in this lifetime or in the afterlife, we ALL, the public will be her representation in the courtroom, whether we knew her personaly or not, I look forward to the day that I get to meet this "SPECIAL ANGEL" and to tell her "I love her"

Some states have Child Advocates to represent an abused or murdered child. I don't know if this is what you are referring to Songline. If I lived in FL I would go to hearings, etc. andwear Caylee Buttons to remind the court of the victim without a voice.

After the last court appearance I had, what I call, and an unusual dream.
In this dream I (at least I think it was me, yet I am not able to attend these hearings) placed a poster sized picture of Caylee on a chair on the State Attorney's side of the court room, this chair was directly behind the State Attorney, first row, first seat on that aisle.

longtime lurker here following this case since day one, FIRST post for me, FINALLY!!! I completely agree with you on this point, she (Caylees' short time here, BLESS HER SOUL) has changed the way the public will view (the crimes against) innocent victims from here on out, SHE WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN!!! her VERY short life was a sacrifice from our LOVING GOD to teach us that all of our criminal deeds DO NOT go unnoticed (NOTHING) and will be exposed eventually whether it be in this lifetime or in the afterlife, we ALL, the public will be her representation in the courtroom, whether we knew her personaly or not, I look forward to the day that I get to meet this "SPECIAL ANGEL" and to tell her "I love her"

:balloons::Welcome-12-june::balloons:
Glad to see you jump in here.

Thangs will be better when the trial starts and Caylee will be brought forward. Right now we are watching JB strut his stuff and watching KC sit in total admiration for him and mostly herself. I really doubt if anybody has let KC know what she really will be facing in court. JB probably has been telling her e-thang is ok and they will ride off into the sunset and she thinks she is on top of the world and will be set free.

I have a feeling we will see something different on KC's face when the prosecution gets up in front of her and speaks of the trash bags Caylee was stuffed in and thrown out like everyday garbage while she is out partying. There will be pics of Caylee and pics of the partying. Not gonna be a pretty pic. Maybe even the whole impact will hit all the Ants.

Caylee will win in the end.

The thang I dread is if when the time comes that CA will want to stand and have her "say" in court. I don't want her to have that privilege. Maybe some of ya'll feel like I do--------> I have taken Caylee into my heart and love her as my own. In my dreams---I am the one who takes care of Baby Caylee---I have bad nightmares about Baby Caylee. I feel like her Grandmother turned her back on Baby Caylee. I don't want to "HATE" the Ant family any more. I want them to show "LOVE FOR CAYLEE"-----I wanna see it.

THANK YOU ALL FOR JUMPING IN HERE :blowkiss:
I do not know exactly what the laws are; nor what exactly I really want to see: but I do want someone there FOR CAYLEE and not for any of the other Anthony's.

I do know the state is going after the person who killed Caylee;
I appreciate all of you who are helping me understand exactly where I am going with this.
I DO KNOW THIS:
the Prosecutors said that it is highly unusual that someone is not present to represent the victim in the court appearances of charged suspects.THAT MEANS TO ME: that even the prosecutes feel that CAYLEE should be represented.
I too would be in the cour room if Idid not live in NYC. but I did not mean well wishers.
I do mean someone who will be there in her behalf as a speaker for her rights.
And I still think I mean an attorney.

THANK YOU ALL FOR JUMPING IN HERE :blowkiss:
I do not know exactly what the laws are; nor what exactly I really want to see: but I do want someone there FOR CAYLEE and not for any of the other Anthony's.

I do know the state is going after the person who killed Caylee;
I appreciate all of you who are helping me understand exactly where I am going with this.
I DO KNOW THIS:
the Prosecutors said that it is highly unusual that someone is not present to represent the victim in the court appearances of charged suspects.THAT MEANS TO ME: that even the prosecutes feel that CAYLEE should be represented.
I too would be in the cour room if Idid not live in NYC. but I did not mean well wishers.
I do mean someone who will be there in her behalf as a speaker for her rights.
And I still think I mean an attorney.

Great idea. I think Caylee needs an attorney or at least someone to speak on her behalf.

:balloons::Welcome-12-june::balloons:

The thang I dread is if when the time comes that CA will want to stand and have her "say" in court. I don't want her to have that privilege.
respectfully snipped.

This is what bothers me. When it's time for the victim's family to address the court (and the killer) on the impact the death has had on the family, who will earnestly speak for Caylee? GA and CA will not want justice for Caylee, they will want mercy for Casey. I wish there was someone who could do that for Caylee. To explain how empty their lives are with her gone and how horrifying it is to think about what she went through, that sort of thing. I am not saying the A's don't feel those things, just that they will not do or say anything that would go against Casey.

As of July 16, 2009 we the public will have known and advocated for Caylee for one yr. Difficult to believe we have all hung in there with our sad angry frustrated feelings. Kudos to us for keeping Caylee Marie Anthony's memory alive daily for it appears she came into the A's life for a short period of time (hopefully to teach them life lessons for the remainder of the A's walking days on this earth) because it seems like they have quickley disgarded the facts of a horrendous death to try an salvage some sort of life for KC. Lets keep up our voices for Caylee even if ridiculed! Is there anyway to advocate for Caylee to be represented in the courtroom?

After the last court appearance I had, what I call, and an unusual dream.
In this dream I (at least I think it was me, yet I am not able to attend these hearings) placed a poster sized picture of Caylee on a chair on the State Attorney's side of the court room, this chair was directly behind the State Attorney, first row, first seat on that aisle.

normally we would see family sitting there: wouldn't we? I think if the A's feel it is more important for KC to have them in the courtroom a poster would be an acceptable second. The picture with the question Mommy Why? would be my first choice. I think that gallery should be full of people wearing TShirts with Caylee's picture on them.

I don't understand how the A family can live with themselves. Was KC a more important member than Caylee? KC has a dream team to represent her interests, when Caylee was in trouble who did she have?

If KC were mine I would have to tell her, you're my daughter I'll always love you (Thank GOD I'll never have to do that!) But also tell her the chips are gonna fall where they may, if you're innocent it will come out in court. In the mean time Caylee needs me, I may have blown it once but I won't fail her twice.

Caylee has the best representation in the highest court possible.

In that trial Casey will have some 'splainin' to do. There will be no taking the 5th, and the sentence, by its very definition, will be as final as final gets.

That bein' said...IKWYM. The fine "People of of the Great State of Florida" will be Caylee's voice. And God love'em all!!!!

*Deep breaths*

Ok... so after reading all this, there seems to be a few schools of thought going on, and I'm going to try to summarize this thread to the best of my ability if for anything, just so I can wrap my head around it.

Ok.. OP asks why there is no "representation" for baby Caylee.

This can be interpreted as "Why is there no individual lawyer to speak for her?" or "Why isn't there some kind of advocate to speak on her behalf in the prosecution in court?".... or... a big OR.... "Why aren't the Anthonys stepping up for the purpose of seeking justice for little Caylee?"

All the responses in the thread all seem to go on this scale from the emotional side of the case to the practical "this is the law and how the legal system works" side. It's just in how you look at it.

Ok.. First thing. Caylee is represented. She's represented by the State of Florida, it's constitution, and all laws set therein. The prosecutor(s) for the case are her attorney(s). That's the law right there.

Secondly... Ok.. getting to the emotional side of things. This is just opinion, but don't you think that the prosecution would have witnesses lined up such as child advocates to help their side? Expert witnesses that could help pull at the heart strings of a jury? It doesn't have to be in the paper to make it not so. I wouldn't rule anything out as far as what the prosecution has planned in terms of people speaking for Caylee.

Thirdly... the Anthonys... ok, you got me. I have no idea what is wrong with those people. Damage control? Denial? The obnoxious public memorial was embarrassing to watch... even in small doses...

They tried to make it all about Caylee, and in some ways they did... but the poor execution and that crazy s#$@ from Lee... good lord, what a circus. It just fell flat on it's face. It did more harm than good, and made more and more people skeptical of them.

So.. in closing. It's my firm belief that the law is doing what it can given the laws placed before them. Sometimes justice isn't pretty... it's not all warm and fuzzy at all tbh. If the prosecution feels the need to have a child advocate on the stand, I believe they will. The public evidence so far should stand by itself.

Thanks Issi fer layin it on the table. Well said.

But hey, if anybody wanted to----"MAKE A STATEMENT"----either right when the trial starts or as it's ending---all of us could send an envelope, with one piece of paper inside that said, "WE WANT JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE"---right to the court. Something like that?????
Would make me feel good to know the court got a few million envelops. We could make a chart for the USA and the length of time it would take for a card to travel from any given area to FLA Court........ Maybe even to the jail. Make them all arrive around the same day.

*Deep breaths*
<<<SNIP>>>

GREAT POST ISSI:
BUT the reason I opened this thread is still written on my first post, and I am still unclear.

Prosecutors said that.....
It is highly unusual that someone is not present to represent the victim in the court appearances of charged suspects.

So I am still not clear...because you are all saying the prosecutor will be there for CAYLEE.

But you are all very beautiful , and I thank you all for all the contributions.

Prosecutors said that.....
It is highly unusual that someone is not present to represent the victim in the court appearances of charged suspects

I take that as the Prosecutors were talking about the ANTS supporting daughter and not grand daughter. They probably feel the same as the rest of us. I feel like the whole family may as well have carried Baby Caylee in the trash bags to the woods and thrown her away.

You don't take it that way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member