Caylee Marie Anthony - 2 - missing for a month before mother contacts authorities!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe you can change the dates on Myspace when posting a blog. The date/time stamp is auto entered.

Course, anyone who knows the pass could have posted it.

I believe you can. In the blog section, time and date can be edited. (I haven't been on in a couple of months...but I know I have done this on my UID myspace)

Crime-scene technicians are digging through Cindy Anthony's backyard this morning, looking for clues into the disappearance of her 2-year-old granddaughter, Caylee Marie Anthony.

Capt. Angelo Nieves of the Orange County Sheriff's Office did not give details on the investigation, but said the property was the focus of the probe.

Cadaver dogs roamed the Hopespring Drive property Thursday after a neighbor told investigators that 22-year-old Casey Anthony had borrowed a shovel about a month ago. Detectives recovered that shovel as evidence.

While investigators probed the backyard, residents in the south Orange County neighborhood woke up to news crews and media trucks parked along their streets.

Neighbor Diana Centeno, whose children have played with Caylee in the past, said the whole investigation is "just scary" and hopes Casey Anthony - the child's mother - did not have anything to do with the disappearance.

"This is tedious work, and we're going very slow," said sheriff's Sgt. John Allen, who heads the child-abuse and missing-persons squad. At one point, investigators shifted a playhouse from its spot in the yard and looked at the ground beneath it.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/community/news/conway/orl-caylee1808jul18,0,6483797.story

I think BB in a way has the right idea-we all discussed earlier that habitual liars usually insert some grains of truth in their storied-I think that searching the beach towns near where Caylee might have been sighted is a good idea. What is making me nuts, however, is that the timeline discussion has dried up in the media...like where the two might have been during the month of June...or at least Casey.

This makes me believe that they are looking currently where they think they need to be looking-and if they have any other leads they are not sharing them because they expect to find her at some point.

Has anything been said about where this little one was living after she was taken from her grandparents house?

I believe you can. In the blog section, time and date can be edited. (I haven't been on in a couple of months...but I know I have done this on my UID myspace)

I just tested it before posting my comment because I wasn't sure it changed w/the latest "upgrades". So time/date can still be changed.

Just catching up. They are searching at the GP's house? They think Casey buried her there?? Where were the GP's when this was supposed to have happened? OMG, this one is really off the wall.

I think BB in a way has the right idea-we all discussed earlier that habitual liars usually insert some grains of truth in their storied-I think that searching the beach towns near where Caylee might have been sighted is a good idea. What is making me nuts, however, is that the timeline discussion has dried up in the media...like where the two might have been during the month of June...or at least Casey.

This makes me believe that they are looking currently where they think they need to be looking-and if they have any other leads they are not sharing them because they expect to find her at some point.

I know it's frustrating!

As near as I can glean from various reports, Casey and Caylee moved out latter May, but moved into her BF's home sans Caylee on June 9th. The gparents last saw Caylee on June 8th and 9th. Gma hunts her daughter down on the July 15th and Casey is arrested on the 16th.

Some conflicting reports have Casey and Caylee living at the gparents house until June 8th.

Another report has Casey back with her parents on July 12th, four days before the missing persons report was filed.

I also wish it was stated what day Casey borrowed the shovel.

Well the below comment conficts with Gma's statement about how helpful her daughter has been.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=1c1fc21f-94f1-4386-9132-e6608de5943a

(snip)
The lead investigator in the case said they've received several leads since the news broke, but the biggest obstacle continues to be Caylee's mother, 22-year-old Casey Anthony.

I don't think Grama believes everything she is telling the media. She was alarmed enough to get LE involved. And she knows her Daughter is lying. She has to. Come on, the babysitters house never existed so....

Just catching up. They are searching at the GP's house? They think Casey buried her there?? Where were the GP's when this was supposed to have happened? OMG, this one is really off the wall.

It's starting to turn into a tangled web. Supposedly Casey borrowed a shovel from a neighbor while her parents were away. But the date this happened has not been stated.

i beleive a neighbor reported seeing casey in the backyard alone at some point during the time she was living away from the house (so sometime over the last month).

a neighbor (not sure if it is the same one as above) also reported that casey asked to borrow a shovel and returned it an hour later. whether this is on the same date as above i do not know.

they have also reportedly roped off and are searching in more than one neighbor's yards also.

I don't think Grama believes everything she is telling the media. She was alarmed enough to get LE involved. And she knows her Daughter is lying. She has to. Come on, the babysitters house never existed so....

At appears to me that gma has probably always lied and covered up for Casey and it appears she's still doing so. I hate to say that gma is doing this now. But it sure opens the possibility. If gma is involved, I think it's only to try to save her daughters butt. It's what she's always done.

Ah, okay. I've only posted one blog, lol. Never knew you could change the date.:)

Why would Grama change it though? And what could it mean if she did?

Even if she did change it, it is still MUCH earlier than anything was reported to the police. The only thing I can think it means (in defense of the grandmother) is maybe she is just venting her loss of Caylee being taken away from her (when Casey moved them out of the house) and that she doesn't know where she is (becaues Casey keeps making excuses when Cindy asks to talk to her). So maybe it has nothing to do with Cindy realizing something was wrong and reporting it to the police. Everything she says just seems like a heartbroken woman who misses the child she has raised for the last 2 years.

re: the july 12th date.

i think i confirmed for myself that the july 12th date is reported somewhere as being the day that grandmother reports first becoming suspicious and threatening to call the sheriff. unfortunately i didnt quote it here and now i dont remember where i saw it.

i will try to find it again.

I wonder what Casey looked like when returning the shovel to the neighbor.

Diggin dirt in the hot Florida sun is a nasty job and you sweat your tail off. My smallest pond hole took me a while cause I kept going inside for a/c breaks. Plus, we don't have dirt here. It's sand. And it keeps sliding back in as you try to dig.

According to interviews Cindy had with NG, she said herself that Casey and Caylee moved out on June 8th, but came back to their home on the 12th to get some of her things and she didn't have Caylee with her then. She said in that interview that Casey and Caylee had lived with them all their lives up until Casey moved out that day on June 8th.

re: the july 12th date.

i think i confirmed for myself that the july 12th date is reported somewhere as being the day that grandmother reports first becoming suspicious and threatening to call the sheriff. unfortunately i didnt quote it here and now i dont remember where i saw it.

i will try to find it again.

Thank you. I'm a bit crossed eyed from reading probable cause and legal statements from various cases recently. They are starting to morph together.

I wonder what Casey looked like when returning the shovel to the neighbor.

Diggin dirt in the hot Florida sun is a nasty job and you sweat your tail off. My smallest pond hole took me a while cause I kept going inside for a/c breaks. Plus, we don't have dirt here. It's sand. And it keeps sliding back in as you try to dig.

I'm having deja vu. This was pointed out during the Duckett case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member