Caylee may be cremated

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If it's been released by prosecution and defense, it's no longer evidence and therefore they are not destroying evidence. It's that simple.

Squirrel, you are all about common sense. Which is highly UNcommon.

I SO admire that!
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

It's a no-no for Jews too. Nevertheless, i want to be cremated. This world is a small place and keeps getting smaller. I don't need to take up space in the ground and have it be hallowed. Let my loved ones each have a part of me to do with whatever they personally need or want.

My husband firmly believes that sometime in the future that this may become a law. Because of the millions being born every day there may eventually become a shortage of space for burial. I would much prefer cremation and feel there is nothing wrong with it as it plainly states...ashes to ashes and dust to dust, if that is true I could find a few lounging about my house all the time.:waitasec:

My husband firmly believes that sometime in the future that this may become a law.
When it goes against religious beliefs, it's not gonna become law. I sure as h*ll hope not! No pun intended. I'm afraid of being burned, and I would never consent to cremation.

When it goes against religious beliefs, it's not gonna become law. I sure as h*ll hope not! No pun intended. I'm afraid of being burned, and I would never consent to cremation.

Really ! Please come to the Burial V Cremation thread in the Jury room and expand more - if you don't mind !! :)

Regarding Caylee being Cremated. I know that many people cremate because of a number of reasons, and some do it because they do not want the body to stay in the horrible way it died. Like my own mother who had horrific cancer throughout and died a awful death. I was so omg you cant but my dad explained that it was like a finality of getting rid of the cancer. (hard to explain it all typing it out)

Maybe this is what they are wanting to do - it all depends on WHO is calling the shots over Caylee's final resting place, as to the motive....But even then if it is Casey, maybe her parents have said to her (via baez :rolleyes:) that they really want this for Caylee that this is best for her.....

I have read a good bit into this thread and skipped around a bit but didn't finish so I apologize if this was already mentioned, but if I were CA and GA and I had to make this decision, I would opt for cremation and I don't like cremation. period. However, having tried to put myself in their shoes, I would not bury her anywhere, because when this is all over with, I can't see myself not picking up and getting the hell outta Dodge. I can't see them staying in the area after this and I wouldn't want to leave her somewhere I wasn't going to be able to visit often...but then, I don't know how these people think. And I certainly don't understand them.

Okay folks, I went to a teaching lecture tonight by Dr. William Bass of The Body Farm fame. He is not only the leading Forensic Anthropologist in the US ( and most likely the world) he is also the leading Physical Anthropologist & Osteology. (look it up, to much to explain here)

The lecture was on "Cremation". Good timing. Some of the things reviewed were:
*Weight of remains after cremation - 5-7 lbs. *not measured in pounds normally
*It takes about 1 1/2 hours to cremate an average body (more if they are skinny)
*Some crematoriums will not cremate persons over 300lbs because the fat in the body can cause a fire. (now that is funny)
*Australia has the highest cremation rates - Their crematoriums burn 24 hours a day-7 days a week.
*The South has the lowest cremation rate with California & the North West being the highest rate.
*The majority of bones were still identifiable after cremation and do not burn. They take a large magnet to remove any metal from the body (replaced parts) and then run the bones through a pulverizer which some call a hammer mill. Some older crematoriums use a "rake" to pulverize the bones.

I asked Dr. Bass if there were only skeletal remains would they be cremated. He said that would be foolish as they would still be pretty much the same after the cremation except the DNA would be ruined. He said they are normally just run through the hammer mill and buried. I asked specifically about a child's bones next. He then showed a slide of what looked like a large cast iron dutch oven bottom and said that is what is normally used to cremate a child. He said you could put the bones in it, but they would pretty much still be there and and have to be pulverized just like in cremation.

So WHY would they cremate the bones? Is anyone sure that is true?

Okay folks, I went to a teaching lecture tonight by Dr. William Bass of The Body Farm fame. He is not only the leading Forensic Anthropologist in the US ( and most likely the world) he is also the leading Physical Anthropologist & Osteology. (look it up, to much to explain here)

I asked Dr. Bass if there were only skeletal remains would they be cremated. He said that would be foolish as they would still be pretty much the same after the cremation except the DNA would be ruined. He said they are normally just run through the hammer mill and buried. I asked specifically about a child's bones next. He then showed a slide of what looked like a large cast iron dutch oven bottom and said that is what is normally used to cremate a child. He said you could put the bones in it, but they would pretty much still be there and and have to be pulverized just like in cremation.

So WHY would they cremate the bones? Is anyone sure that is true?

**snipped and bolded by me**

I would have loved to have gone to this lecture. I'm envious - lol. By what I bolded above - THERE YA HAVE IT. Even though we know LE already has Caylee's DNA - ya know somewhere down the line .....well, if you can read between the lines then you can figure out what I'm saying........

I'm just saying...............

Given the recent pictures of the site where Caylee was found, I assume that someone has clued the A's into the fact that the objects and memorials that people are leaving for Caylee are NOT their property and that it is not within their rights to pick them up and deliver them elsewhere. It gives me a sense of peace that Caylee has that memorial - so many people sending her love!

**snipped and bolded by me**

I would have loved to have gone to this lecture. I'm envious - lol. By what I bolded above - THERE YA HAVE IT. Even though we know LE already has Caylee's DNA - ya know somewhere down the line .....well, if you can read between the lines then you can figure out what I'm saying........

I'm just saying...............

It was really good. I have attended a lot of his classes in the past and I always just sit on the edge of my seat with every word he speaks.

He does have a new book coming out Feb. 3rd. It is Bones of Betrayal. John Jefferson was there also (they are co-writers) Some of his books are called fiction, but they are all based on true cases and are very interesting if you like forensics.

DrBass.jpg

That is interesting. My husband's family is Catholic and they consider cremation a mortal sin. How do you justify that with your Catholic belief? Isn't it against the doctrine of the church and who would do your funeral, since the church won't? Just curious.

That isn't so...in March, my brother passed away and was cremated. His local Catholic Priest conducted his funeral & mass.

Maybe they don't feel up to it. They do not OWE the public anything.

I'm no fan of the As. But, I think how they lay the remains to rest is up to them. Funerals are for the LIVING, not the dead. The dead are already at rest.

Brini, ITA with you and could not have said it any better. :clap::clap::clap:

That isn't so...in March, my brother passed away and was cremated. His local Catholic Priest conducted his funeral & mass.

I didn't say it couldn't be done, but I said husband's family does not believe in it and their priest will not do the funeral liturgy for cremated remains. Some Catholic priests have yielded to the cremation trend, but many have not.

It may be an area thing, but IT IS SO and it was very rude of you to say something like that. You can't speak for the Catholic Church as a whole just because your brother was buried by a priest. The Catholic church still recommends burial.

In the 1983 revision of the Code of Canon Law, the traditional practice was reinforced. "The Church earnestly recommends that the pious custom of burying the bodies of the dead be observed; it does not, however, forbid cremation unless it has been chosen for reasons which are contrary to Christian teaching" (Canon 1176).

The further revised funeral rites, Order of Christian Funerals, in use since 1989, maintain this tradition of preference for burial of the body: "Since in Baptism the body was marked with the seal of the Trinity and became the temple of the Holy Spirit, Christians respect and honor the bodies of the dead and the places where they rest..." (#19

I didn't say it couldn't be done, but I said husband's family does not believe in it and their priest will not do the funeral liturgy for cremated remains. Some Catholic priests have yielded to the cremation trend, but many have not.

It may be an area thing, but IT IS SO and it was very rude of you to say something like that. You can't speak for the Catholic Church as a whole just because your brother was buried by a priest.

:wave: Hi

Remember when JFKjr died? They got approval, etc from the Catholic Church for his cremation. fyio

Let's not get drawn into the whole religious discussion! For all their posturing, I haven't seen anything to indicate that the A's were/are particularly religious but, without question, it is their right (for the time being) to put Caylee to rest as they/KC see(s) fit. That said, I wish that they would respect their grand-daughter and do so now rather than later!

MOO

:wave: Hi

Remember when JFKjr died? They got approval, etc from the Catholic Church for his cremation. fyio

I never said Catholic Church would not allow it, I said my husband's family as many other Catholics consider it a sin. Just because the church allows it that does not mean they approve of it. Until recently it had to be "special circumstances" just like JFK.

The Church no longer forbids the practice of cremation, but Doesn't Allow The Scattering of Cremated Remains. You can't store Grandma on the mantel or scatter your father's ashes across the 13th green of his favorite golf course," advises Father Peter Polando, canon lawyer and pastor of St. Matthias Parish in Youngstown, Ohio. "The Church has strong feelings about the fact that this body has been a temple of the Holy Spirit and requires a proper burial as a result."

Let's not get drawn into the whole religious discussion! For all their posturing, I haven't seen anything to indicate that the A's were/are particularly religious but, without question, it is their right (for the time being) to put Caylee to rest as they/KC see(s) fit. That said, I wish that they would respect their grand-daughter and do so now rather than later!

MOO

I asked earlier where someone got the information that they were going to cremate Caylee and I still don't have an answer. From what I found out from Dr. Bass tonight they don't cremate just bones normally. They just run them through the pulverizer like would happen if the whole body had been cremated.

I asked earlier where someone got the information that they were going to cremate Caylee and I still don't have an answer. From what I found out from Dr. Bass tonight they don't cremate just bones normally. They just run them through the pulverizer like would happen if the whole body had been cremated.

Turbo - no one has heard any announcements.

What a vision :(

But they cant say "we are going to pulverize her"

so they are opting for the word Cremate. It means that they will get her ashes
Otherwise they would have to put her in a coffin dig 6 ft and bury her

What a vision :(

But they cant say "we are going to pulverize her"

so they are opting for the word Cremate. It means that they will get her ashes
Otherwise they would have to put her in a coffin dig 6 ft and bury her

LOL - guess not.

My question is where is everyone getting the information that she is going to be cremated?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back