Caylee's Teeth

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here. I think it's a miracle in and of itself that so many teeth were found. Sort of like a needle in a haystack. If one is missing, it doesn't mean a thing in my mind.
That is exactly what I first thought....and it still may be the case. I never gave it any thought at first. I am not 100% convinced though.

Same here. I think it's a miracle in and of itself that so many teeth were found. Sort of like a needle in a haystack. If one is missing, it doesn't mean a thing in my mind.

But still, why is there a tooth on the list of items given to JB?

One would think that if Caylee had broken a front tooth before she went missing, every single on of them would bring that up in a description of last time I saw her . . . .

If Casey lost her temper and hit her in the face, there would have been bleeding. And if it happened in the car, she probably had blood on/in her car seat. Could be the reason Cindy switched them out after they brought the car back from impound. It has occurred to me that if she died in her car seat, and she was laid down in the trunk on her side, it could look like the fetal position . . .
Every day some puzzle pieces get put into place, and others that don't quite fit, have to go back on the board. There will be a complete picture in the puzzle.

In my previous musings about the front tooth being a casualty of the fight on the 15th, wondered about that......KC leaving w/ Caylee and then blood from her mouth getting on her car seat. CA realizing that and connecting it when they got the car back from impound, and switching out seats......And if a front tooth was missing due to a reason that would implicate KC, they would not have given that as part of Caylee's description to LE......it would invite questions as to how that happened.........You are so right, celtic thyme, this whole thing is a puzzle. But I wonder if we will ever know exactly how everything went down.

Thanks for putting up with my random musings everyone.....

In my previous musings about the front tooth being a casualty of the fight on the 15th, wondered about that......KC leaving w/ Caylee and then blood from her mouth getting on her car seat. CA realizing that and connecting it when they got the car back from impound, and switching out seats......And if a front tooth was missing due to a reason that would implicate KC, they would not have given that as part of Caylee's description to LE......it would invite questions as to how that happened.........You are so right, celtic thyme, this whole thing is a puzzle. But I wonder if we will ever know exactly how everything went down.

Thanks for putting up with my random musings everyone.....
My random musings too..haha.. I don't think the "tooth" on the list is related to the missing tooth is my thought...but hey, this case has been a very strange ride the whole way..who knows!

That's it right there. I wouldn't wonder about the tooth if not for the tooth being on the list. Or, this is all just a coinkydink.....
Maybe a divine coinkydink... hadn't really thought about the missing tooth before.

Here is a chart outlining teeth in a 3 year old.* HTH

Attachments

• teeth.JPG
    teeth.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 13
Actually, in her depo, CA uses the disparity in the # of teeth to substantiate her belief that Caylee may NOT be deceased .......... imo

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21310288/detail.html

Pg 393, beginning on line 10 -

Q: Okay. What do you think happened to Caylee?
A: I have no idea. I have no idea. There's no cause of death. There's no time of death. I don't know when she died. I don't know how she died. I'm still not certain that Caylee is dead. I'm still getting tips on Caylee that she is alive.
Q: Okay.
A: Mr. Baez can tell you that I'm still upset the fact that they talk about 18 teeth that Caylee had. Caylee had 20 teeth.
Q: Uh-huh.
A: And the report that I finally read a few weeks ago says --they talk about 18 and accounting for 17 teeth that she had. Caylee had twenty teeth and I know that for a fact --
Q: All right.

coming out of lurkdom

:waitasec: She's still not certain Caylee is dead...because she's still getting tips :doh:
Dr G confirmed the remains were those of Caylee..and I would also bet Casey/Baez had there own DNA test done to make certain it was Caylee.

okay back to reading :book: :)

That's it right there. I wouldn't wonder about the tooth if not for the tooth being on the list. Or, this is all just a coinkydink.....

JB's list says s tooth. I think he was asking KC to bring him the spiderman toothbrush which we know she did. I think JB was making suggestions for items KC should collect for DNA testing and he did not want to write anything that identify or connect the list to the case.

Also considering the fact that he could not spell temperature, there is the possibility he could not spell spiderman.

JB's list says s tooth. I think he was asking KC to bring him the spiderman toothbrush which we know she did. I think JB was making suggestions for items KC should collect for DNA testing and he did not want to write anything that identify or connect the list to the case.

My best guess is spiderman toothbrush too.

Does anyone know how long it would take a body to decompose before teeth fall out? I keep going back to the fact that the A's searched the backyard right away. What led them to the backyard?

Does anyone know how long it would take a body to decompose before teeth fall out? I keep going back to the fact that the A's searched the backyard right away. What led them to the backyard?
Gums are soft tissue.. it would decompose much faster than muscle, cartilage etc. ... not sure how long though.. So I guess I didn't answer your question...;)

Decomposition depends on lots of factors,size of body, including outdoor temperature, how the body is covered, water, burial, From older posts and going to some lab sites to check this out, it sounds like she could have been nearly completely skeletanized in as little as 3 weeks.

wish we could bring over the posts from the original discussion, they might be too mixed in with the other topics to bring over easily though. But here's the link

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90342&page=2

the discussion of "tooth" starts around post #42, but the first of the thread is great :) and provides the background regarding Exhibit 22 from Cindy's depo, the list that had the entry "tooth" on it.

edited to add: (and the tooth discussion continues off and on throughout the thread).

a lot of discussion about the tooth subject with links, page 24-28 of original thread (for anyone who wasn't there :)) (I know you guys were ;) )

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4319133#post4319133"]Sleuthing Cindy's Depo & Baez Objections to Sealed Items - Page 24 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I'm taking a real risk here at being really stupid. I have a question though.
Did I read somewhere that a tooth had been found under the carseat in the pontiac?

definitely not stupid :)
it's only speculation so far. We weren't sure if the "tooth" that's mentioned on the mystery list in Exhibit 22 was just shorthand for "toothbrush", or was referring to a baby tooth of Casey's (maybe to be used for DNA purposes), or a tooth of Caylee's (which would be pretty shocking, and might tie in with the missing incisor noted in the autopsy), or who knows what. It does say "tooth". Then we were just wondering, if a tooth of Caylee's was found at the A home, wonder if it was in the back yard, the car, the trunk, or where. Lizzy mentioned how during the deposition Cindy started crying when describing looking in the backseat of Casey's car around Caylee's carseat. So Lizzy was just saying, if a tooth of Caylee's was found at the A home (theoretically, this is not a fact), wonder if Cindy found it in or around the car seat. I hope I summarized that right, my summary doesn't do Lizzy's post justice though. :) Lizzy also pointed out Cindy mentioned another car seat having been in Casey's car at the time, a black and white one. The carseat thread has been bumped back up. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69243&page=4

does it really say "s tooth", I never saw the "s". thank you.

some of the links again

Dr. G's description of the tooth that was inside the skull and how many were still attached etc, bottom of page 8 at this link and top of page 9

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/medical_examiners_report.pdf

Description of the teeth being recovered from the soil, page 7 onward

http://www.wftv.com/_blank/18740668/detail.html

Investigator Jenny Welch's report further on, page 84 and 88 at the link

Two teeth found, Tag H 60494, Flag #4
Two teeth found, Tag H 60505, Flag #29

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online